PDA

View Full Version : ELI MANNING TOPS TEBOW IN WINNING DRIVES

RoanokeFan
12-14-2011, 11:47 AM
ELI MANNING TOPS TEBOW IN WINNING DRIVES (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Tim-Tebow-Eli-Manning-tops-in-winning-drives-121311)

Excerpt: "As talk of Denver Broncos (/nfl/team/denver-broncs/67044)
quarterback Tim Tebow (/nfl/player/tim-tebow/766555) and his divine
fourth-quarter comebacks takes hold on barstools and editorial pages, it is
actually the Giants (/nfl/team/new-york-giants/67056)' Eli Manning (/nfl/player/eli-manning/200425) who leads the NFL in
game-winning drives this year.

Of course, Manning does not have the trend-spawning signature celebration
move of the Broncos' signal-caller, the prayerful "Tebowing." And if Manning did
have a move, well, it would probably be a casual shrug, accompanied by a "Golly
gee" expression.</p>

This is Manning: understated, not particularly emotive and totally not showy.
As a first-round draft pick in 2004, he engineered a trade to the league's
biggest market, where he drives a Toyota, revels in bland and is still carrying
the now NFC East-leading Giants.</p>

Down 12 with 5:41 to play against the Cowboys on Sunday, Manning engineered
two touchdown drives, giving him his NFL-high sixth fourth-quarter game-winning
drive and his NFL record-tying 14th fourth-quarter touchdown of the year.</p>

He has also pulled the Giants from the brink on the road in Philadelphia,
Arizona and New England this year.</p>

His fourth quarter passer rating (117.0) is 6.0 points higher than Tebow's,
and 4.4 points higher than that of likely MVP Aaron Rodgers. And, like Tebow, he
does seem to turn it up some in the clutch. Manning's completion percentage this
year is 59.8 in quarters one through three, and 66.7 percent (102-of-153) in the
final quarter." Read more...
</p>

Ruttiger711
12-14-2011, 11:51 AM
I found it funny that last night ESPN invented the stat of "highest QBR in the final 7:00 minutes of a game" to have something they could put Tebow #1 at.

DartLax 36
12-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Still don't get how an NFL Superbowl MVP QB in NY drives a Toyota. Man needs some more sexy in his life (besides his wife)

RoanokeFan
12-14-2011, 11:59 AM
I found it funny that last night ESPN invented the stat of "highest QBR in the final 7:00 minutes of a game" to have something they could put Tebow #1 at.

Tebowmania run amok!

RoanokeFan
12-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Still don't get how an NFL Superbowl MVP QB in NY drives a Toyota. Man needs some more sexy in his life (besides his wife)

That's all the sexy he can take and she's quite the package.

timmytimm3
12-14-2011, 12:43 PM

There are a few sexy Toyotas

http://designercars.net/biler/Toyota-Supra-90851.jpg

MikeIsaGiant
12-14-2011, 12:56 PM

There are a few sexy Toyotas

http://designercars.net/biler/Toyota-Supra-90851.jpg

I don't see any celebrity driving that car though.

Weygand
12-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Was this article written by the most insecure Giants Homer of all time? Tebow hasn't even started a full season and Eli has been pulling them out since the last game of the 2004 season against the Cowboys.

The author of that article would have made better use of their time if they'd gotten to the bottom of why our secondary should be called "The Burn Unit"

Redeyejedi
12-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Another thing Eli doesnt go 3-16 through the first 3 quarters.He also puts more then 13 points on the board as well. Could u imagine if the Giants defense gave Eli those kind of performances where he had to muster 14 points to win games

Weygand
12-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Could u imagine if the Giants defense gave Eli those kind of performances where he had to muster 14 points to win games

As in with 3 minutes to go in the 4th quarter like Sunday night?

Itlan
12-14-2011, 03:40 PM
Could u imagine if the Giants defense gave Eli those kind of performances where he had to muster 14 points to win games

As in with 3 minutes to go in the 4th quarter like Sunday night?He meant total points lol.

Rusty192
12-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Another thing Eli doesnt go 3-16 through the first 3 quarters.He also puts more then 13 points on the board as well. Could u imagine if the Giants defense gave Eli those kind of performances where he had to muster 14 points to win gamesAgreed. Eli doesnt usually play badly all game and then kick *** in the fourth to make up for it.

And a lot of people say its all tebows defense. Well where was that amazing defense at the beginning of the year? I seem to remember them getting blown out on more then one occasion. Until tebow came they werent anything to write home about. It seems like his heart and passion has fired up that D as well. Tebow appears to have this inspiring quality about him which I have to believe is making the team around him better.

Weygand
12-14-2011, 03:50 PM

As in with 3 minutes to go in the 4th quarter like Sunday night?He meant total points lol.

yes...my reply should have been in red font....

Gianthunter
12-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Blasphemy I cry Blasphemy The writer of this perverted truth shall be cast aside and shunned.

giantsfan39
12-14-2011, 05:49 PM
The breakdown of the stats show that Eli is great in the first and third quarter, superb in the 4th but below average in the second. I have no idea why he isn't too good in the second quarter. I suppose it might have to do with the Giants sticking to an ineffective game for most of the season.

bandwgn86
12-14-2011, 05:56 PM
Still don't get how an NFL Superbowl MVP QB in NY drives a Toyota. he's probable to tall for a Fiat

Eli2Nicks612
12-14-2011, 06:01 PM
And Eli does that without a running game averaging 200 yards a game for him and a defense that only gives up 15 points a game for him.

Drez
12-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Another thing Eli doesnt go 3-16 through the first 3 quarters.He also puts more then 13 points on the board as well. Could u imagine if the Giants defense gave Eli those kind of performances where he had to muster 14 points to win gamesAgreed. Eli doesnt usually play badly all game and then kick *** in the fourth to make up for it.

And a lot of people say its all tebows defense. Well where was that amazing defense at the beginning of the year? I seem to remember them getting blown out on more then one occasion. Until tebow came they werent anything to write home about. It seems like his heart and passion has fired up that D as well. Tebow appears to have this inspiring quality about him which I have to believe is making the team around him better.
</P>

Defenses do get better as the year goes on, particularly in seasons where there is a new system and no offseason.</P>

However, the one thing that Tebow doesn't do much of, is turn the ball over. </P>

But, then again, when you're not asked to throw very much...</P>

Gianthunter
12-14-2011, 08:01 PM

</P>

Defenses do get better as the year goes on, particularly in seasons where there is a new system and no offseason.</P>

However, the one thing that Tebow doesn't do much of, is turn the ball over. </P>

But, then again, when you're not asked to throw very much...</P>Not much of a shot at turnovers throwing 16 times in 3 quarters.

Harooni
12-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Tebow does have a cult type following. But I guess it's due to him being a rookie. Let's not look at the film of Eli the rookie, sober.

Gianthunter
12-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Tebow does have a cult type following. But I guess it's due to him being a rookie. Let's not look at the film of Eli the rookie, sober.Thats my passive-aggresive Harat his best. But remember Eli wasn't playing with the divine intervention.[:D]

Drez
12-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Tebow does have a cult type following. But I guess it's due to him being a rookie. Let's not look at the film of Eli the rookie, sober.Thats my passive-aggresive Harat his best. But remember Eli wasn't playing with the divine intervention.[:D]</P>

Eli was also playing QB, not as a RB that occasionally throws the ball.</P>

bansaw
12-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Tebow does have a cult type following. But I guess it's due to him being a rookie. Let's not look at the film of Eli the rookie, sober.except he's not a rookie

Rusty192
12-14-2011, 10:33 PM
Tebow does have a cult type following. But I guess it's due to him being a rookie. Let's not look at the film of Eli the rookie, sober.Thats my passive-aggresive Harat his best. But remember Eli wasn't playing with the divine intervention.[:D]</p>

Eli was also playing QB, not as a RB that occasionally throws the ball.</p>If it meant we were winning games willy nilly then I wouldn't care if Eli did that tebow does.

Drez
12-14-2011, 11:21 PM
Tebow does have a cult type following. But I guess it's due to him being a rookie. Let's not look at the film of Eli the rookie, sober.Thats my passive-aggresive Harat his best. But remember Eli wasn't playing with the divine intervention.[:D]</P>

Eli was also playing QB, not as a RB that occasionally throws the ball.</P>

If it meant we were winning games willy nilly then I wouldn't care if Eli did that tebow does.
</P>

Eli is doing significantly more than Tebow. </P>

Eli just doesn't have the same defensive support.</P>

Anyone with two eyes and a brain can see that.</P>

Gianthunter
12-14-2011, 11:28 PM
My Grandma calls kneebow willy nilly and she doesn't follow much football. Except for the Denver kneebows fad. But she does love the kneebow almost as much as kneebow.

RobCarpenter
12-14-2011, 11:44 PM
Tebow does have a cult type following. But I guess it's due to him being a rookie. Let's not look at the film of Eli the rookie, sober.except he's not a rookie

</P>

LOL</P>

Note to Tiki's Mom: Don't let the facts get in the way of your hate...</P>

Rusty192
12-14-2011, 11:45 PM
Tebow does have a cult type following. But I guess it's due to him being a rookie. Let's not look at the film of Eli the rookie, sober.Thats my passive-aggresive Harat his best. But remember Eli wasn't playing with the divine intervention.[:D]</p>

Eli was also playing QB, not as a RB that occasionally throws the ball.</p>

If it meant we were winning games willy nilly then I wouldn't care if Eli did that tebow does.
</p>

Eli is doing significantly more than Tebow. </p>

Eli just doesn't have the same defensive support.</p>

Anyone with two eyes and a brain can see that.</p>no crap Sherlock. our d blows and Eli is the only reason we aren't picking before the colts.
the point is winning is nice.....no matter how ugly. As is the case with the broncos.

Maybe we are seeing the start of a turnaround with this team. I sure hope. I hate to see Eli's gorgeous season ruined because of the teams incompetence.

Redeyejedi
12-15-2011, 12:05 AM
Maybe im not old enough but Ive never seen a QB like Tim Tebow in the NFL.Is this what NFL QB's looked like pre Super Bowl era. Ive never seen a QB look so bad mechanically and be this inaccurate and somehow win games.As a said the during the Packer game the WR Randall Cobb throws the ball with better mechanics.Urban Meyer really should of fixed some of Tebows throwing issues at Florida..I really think they just gave up because they were winning and decided F it.I look at these numbers and they make absolutely no sense 48% completion%, 15.2 ppg , 7-1 I just dont get how its possible.

Redeyejedi
12-15-2011, 12:10 AM
I wonder if we will see Tim Tebow in politics some day

Rusty192
12-15-2011, 01:31 AM
Maybe im not old enough but Ive never seen a QB like Tim Tebow in the NFL.Is this what NFL QB's looked like pre Super Bowl era. Ive never seen a QB look so bad mechanically and be this inaccurate and somehow win games.As a said the during the Packer game the WR Randall Cobb throws the ball with better mechanics.Urban Meyer really should of fixed some of Tebows throwing issues at Florida..I really think they just gave up because they were winning and decided F it.I look at these numbers and they make absolutely no sense 48% completion%, 15.2 ppg , 7-1 I just dont get how its possible.You don't seem like a tebow hater like most, you are very technical and are obviously dumbfounded by his lack of "fundamentals" but you know how we always talk about how important it is to have a true leader on your team? Someone who you trust and will follow through anything? Thats what Tebow appears to be and the whole Bronco team has bought into it. The results are showing, This isnt a one time thing. They are winning alot of games. Tebow is a leader of men. He has that "it" factor that all the mechanics in the world couldn't equal.

Harooni
12-15-2011, 01:51 AM

oh lol. Well I do think Eli should get more attention over this kid.

Tebow a QB that has poor mechanics and is inaccurate at times and wins games. Hmm where have I seen that before ?

w_mann5
12-15-2011, 02:10 AM
What's hilarious is how essentially everyone was hating on Tebow earlier this season. He puts together a couple of drives, none of which the Broncos have won big, and now all ESPN wants to talk about is Tebow. I'm sick of his history to tell you the truth. You cannot win championships running the option in the NFL. This dude needs to learn how to throw. His body won't be able to compete at this level for too long if he keeps running the way he has been.

SRTtoZ
12-15-2011, 03:49 AM
I know its fun to love Tebow and talk about his magical ability to put together game winning drives but cmon, if you actually WATCHED and analyzed the games hes won, you come to a different conclusion than just magical I will take 2 games for example...the Jets game and the Bears game.

In the Jets games, the Jets win that game if they know a lick about CONTAINMENT instead of all out blitzing and letting Tebow beat you on the outside.

In the Bears game, how bout you dont go full all out PREVENT defense in the final 5 minutes and play the game like you did the first 55 minutes?? I would never expect the bears to take their 3 LB's and back them up 20 feet, cmon now. Also, Marion Barber and the Denver kicker. Barber running out of bounds and then fumbling, that has nothing to do with Tebow, and its game over there if he doenst screw it up. I'm sorry but a 60 yard field goal is not optimal position for a kick, so people need to give Tebow less credit and give the Denver team more. Denver as a team is playing well, not neccessarily Tebow.

The last thing to mention is schedule strength. I know Denver hasnt been a great team the past few years but their schedule is a joke. I just cant get excited when you're beating the Chargers, chiefs, raiders etc. Play the Steelers, play the Ravens, play the 49ers, the packers, the saints. I want to see that type of game before I give the Broncos a chance in HELL.

RobCarpenter
12-15-2011, 09:13 AM

Tebow a QB that has poor mechanics and is inaccurate at times and wins games. Hmm where have I seen that before ?</P>

Rivers?</P>