PDA

View Full Version : America's Game is humiliating as a Giants fan.

giantfan1976
09-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Eli said that the ball was "overthrown" to Miles Austin in the first Dallas game when the Cowboys had a chance to extend the lead and close out the game. I guess he didn't know that it was the lights that were the culprit.

BParcells777
09-04-2012, 10:44 PM
LOL it was overthrown by 5 yards

are you kidding me????

GMenOnDeck
09-04-2012, 10:45 PM
I was expecting to the red text when i read the opening statement but ... =/

giantfan1976
09-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I was being sarcastic. Didn't feel like looking for the red text "button". Romo and Miles Austin said that it was the lights that were the problem. The rest of the world, other than Cowboys fans, knows it was overthrown. So yeah, I was being sarcastic.

CowboysSuck
09-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Regardless...does it really matter? I think I'm missing the point you are attempting to convey..

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Regardless...does it really matter? I think I'm missing the point you are attempting to convey..Screw them! Cowpukes lost and thats the end of story. Excuses about last year are soooo...... well last year. Done,Done and Done, stick a fork in it its DONE!!! For the love of GOD its outta this world how many teams think they "SHOULD" have made it to the big game. They lost. END OF STORY!!!!

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I was being sarcastic. Didn't feel like looking for the red text "button". Romo and Miles Austin said that it was the lights that were the problem. The rest of the world, other than Cowboys fans, knows it was overthrown. So yeah, I was being sarcastic.FIND THE BUTTON AND SAVE US THE TIME!!! Thanks!

giantfan1976
09-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Regardless...does it really matter? I think I'm missing the point you are attempting to convey..

I was posting to make fun of their ignorant fans and enjoy their misery one last time. Does it bother you that badly? You've dedicated your entire login to it. You should understand.

giantfan1976
09-04-2012, 11:04 PM
FIND THE BUTTON AND SAVE US THE TIME!!! Thanks!

Are you being serious? You're a little punk aren't you?

SackingMyths
09-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Doesnt bother me one bit. You have to get lucky to win in this league.

Between the Austin missed connection and the freakish Welker drop, we had some good fortune on our side.

Someone up there loves the NY Football Giants, and that's all that matters to me!

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Are you being serious? You're a little punk aren't you?A little punk? No, Actually I am a 20 year veteran of the US NAVY! Try that on for size. But I am sure you couldnt even imagine serving your country when all of us do so you can post you little worm! You put your post in now carry on smartly!

giantfan1976
09-04-2012, 11:16 PM
A little punk? No, Actually I am a 20 year veteran of the US NAVY! Try that on for size. But I am sure you couldnt even imagine serving your country when all of us do so you can post you little worm! You put your post in now carry on smartly!

I certainly appreciate your service, and I'm not asking you to leave your experience behind, because I understand that's something that you carry with you for the rest of your life (I've never been in the position you've been in, so I don't know). But, having been where you've been and seeing the things that you've seen, I would think that you, more than anyone else, would understand that this is a game about which we are typing and sharing opinions about. So ease the **** up. You've got all the respect in the world from me for what you've done and the things you've been through. It doesn't give you a license to be a d**k for no reason. Thanks!

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-04-2012, 11:24 PM
I certainly appreciate your service, and I'm not asking you to leave your experience behind, because I understand that's something that you carry with you for the rest of your life (I've never been in the position you've been in, so I don't know). But, having been where you've been and seeing the things that you've seen, I would think that you, more than anyone else, would understand that this is a game about which we are typing and sharing opinions about. So ease the **** up. You've got all the respect in the world from me for what you've done and the things you've been through. It doesn't give you a license to be a d**k for no reason. Thanks!Thank you for your understanding on what I have been through and what it actually means. At the sametime I was also silenced for my 20 years. In the military it is do as i say......and thats it. Everyone on here has their own opinion and thats what I fought for since so many people around the world do not even have that.
I will never think like you since I am not you. I really dont call names unless in the smack talk forum. I expect you to do the same. I am not a punk, never been one unless you ask my parents,LOL.

JJC7301
09-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Eli said that the ball was "overthrown" to Miles Austin in the first Dallas game when the Cowboys had a chance to extend the lead and close out the game. I guess he didn't know that it was the lights that were the culprit.
And what would have happened if the Cowboys made that pass, won that game, and went on to win the division? They would have lost in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs. They would have been a boring footnote in the annals of the NFL.

appodictic
09-04-2012, 11:46 PM
Wait wasn't the game in cowboys stadium? Maybe the lights would not be so bright if they ever opened there circus dome. Note to Jones, build a stadium with no lights so your team has 1 less excuse.

JB456
09-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Romo just doesn't have the killer instinct and he can't put big games away. If Eli made that throw, he would take responsibility. If I'm not mistaken, I think Austin took full responsibility for that errant throw.

Rodgers12
09-05-2012, 12:01 AM
If the Giants lose that game I dont think the Cowboys would have went far at all. Of course with the way we played against you guys maybe Dallas would have beat us.

appodictic
09-05-2012, 12:42 AM
Romo just doesn't have the killer instinct and he can't put big games away. If Eli made that throw, he would take responsibility. If I'm not mistaken, I think Austin took full responsibility for that errant throw. Its all about heart. Inches Austin was just coming back from a hamstring and did not want to make the effort to go 110%. He did not dive and he looked like he pulled up. Romo smiled because Austin had a full step on Ross and it would have been a TD if he hit him in stride. A TD was not even needed a first down might have sealed it.

appodictic
09-05-2012, 12:44 AM
If the Giants lose that game I dont think the Cowboys would have went far at all. Of course with the way we played against you guys maybe Dallas would have beat us. Your right Tony Romo only had one choaked clutch through. Your entire team was choking all game long.

Harooni
09-05-2012, 12:46 AM
Eli is talking about overthrown balls??? thats a laugh. many games we won by less than 4 points, more time on the clock or penalty or fumble lost anything we lose a few of those playoff games , it came so close the margin for error was so small. the ball has to bounce your way and lucky for us it did.

appodictic
09-05-2012, 12:48 AM
Your right Tony Romo only had one choaked clutch through. Your entire team was choking all game long. Just thought I would include the packers new logo.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6-7AUsUm10E/SwnTd1SW82I/AAAAAAAAKx4/FQ6Q0XexW0o/s1600/10404choking.JPG

giantyankee1976
09-05-2012, 01:15 AM
Doesnt bother me one bit. You have to get lucky to win in this league.

Between the Austin missed connection and the freakish Welker drop, we had some good fortune on our side.

Someone up there loves the NY Football Giants, and that's all that matters to me!

Wellington?

Rodgers12
09-05-2012, 01:27 AM
Just thought I would include the packers new logo.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6-7AUsUm10E/SwnTd1SW82I/AAAAAAAAKx4/FQ6Q0XexW0o/s1600/10404choking.JPG
Hopefully not this year.

gmen0820
09-05-2012, 01:29 AM
margin for error was so small.Evaluating margin for error after a game is like trying to predict SB 39 tomorrow.

Weygand
09-05-2012, 01:33 AM
I'm just looking forward to a nice season opener before le in-laws arrive the next day.

Weygand
09-05-2012, 01:35 AM
Evaluating margin for error after a game is like trying to predict SB 39 tomorrow.

My lock of the century: SB 39 champs are New England over Philthy 24-21

JB456
09-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Its all about heart. Inches Austin was just coming back from a hamstring and did not want to make the effort to go 110%. He did not dive and he looked like he pulled up. Romo smiled because Austin had a full step on Ross and it would have been a TD if he hit him in stride. A TD was not even needed a first down might have sealed it.

The only way Austin comes up with that ball is if he was an olympic long jumper. That ball wasn't slightly overthrown, that ball was 5+ yards overthrown.

Also, Romo should have known the state of his receivers hamstring better than anyone. He threw the ball like Austin was a track star kicking it into 4th gear.

Like I said, Manning would have taken full responsibility for that throw while Austin had to step up and save his QB from this incident and adding it to his long list of chokes.

NYGAiG88
09-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Did I miss the point of this thread?? lol