PDA

View Full Version : Defending Champion Giants Getting No Respect

BillTheGreek
09-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Like always, the Giants have to earn their RESPECT ! Once and for all, they will show the Cowboys how it's done !

Must Read.
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-nfl/20120904/NFL-Raanan-Giants-No-Respect/

GO GIANTS !

fourth&forever
09-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Lack of respect is a good thing. I'm looking forward to another "lucky" win.

Rat_bastich
09-04-2012, 11:39 PM
They're not getting respect from the media but they are getting respect from who counts, and that is their opponents. Even Rex Ryan and Jerry Jones know. Jerry Jones just recently backed down from comments by Kiwanuka. The media is just getting paid to make some obscure picks that don't mean a thing. They are just like the weather forecasters. What other job lets you stay when you are only about 10% correct.

SweetZombieJesus
09-04-2012, 11:49 PM
My Eagle fan boss came over today to gloat that the Eagles are #1 in the MSN power rankings.

Really?

Rank the Giants 32nd for all I care as long as they win the last game of the year.

giantsfan420
09-05-2012, 12:13 AM
its a well written article. but i think its a motivational thing for us, which I'll take everytime leading up to opening game. should mean the team is fired up and doesnt come out flat.

as far as why we dont get the typical champions respect, thats been documented around here countlessly. i will say that our style of football and personality on and off the field isnt trendy. we are kinda like the oldschool lunch pail working man of football teams. just do ur job and achieve success no matter the obstacle.
all those other teams routinely picked over us have advantages that dont matter in determining who wins and loses, its stupid stuff

Weygand
09-05-2012, 12:51 AM
Well when you get in by the skin of your teeth (Megadeth) and finish barely above the Mendoza line, people are wary to bet.

If the Giants want respect, kick the Jets out and rename the place Giants Stadium Pt Deux

BuffyBlueII
09-05-2012, 02:27 AM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I love it. I love the lack of respect that we get. I love the fact that folks want to overlook us. I love the fact that they just want to keep testing Eli Manning. It is like when someone burns themselves on the hot stove and they keep touching it again and again as if they need to be convinced. Let them keep playing with fire is how I equate their disrespect for us. I fuels us. It places a chip on Eli Mannings shoulder and that is good because I am pretty sure we have not even seen The Best from him yet.

I bELIeve.

giantsfan420
09-05-2012, 02:28 AM
well said buffy. the best is yet to come for eli n our giants

Spytheweb
09-05-2012, 02:49 AM
I think this helps the Giants. Let other teams think they are better.

Rat_bastich
09-05-2012, 03:14 AM
Seems like a little respect here:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8338183/new-york-giants-abate-hate-defend-super-bowl-title-2012

and, this:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview12/team/_/name/nyg

BMW
09-05-2012, 03:20 AM
Brian Billick should be either drug tested or sent to the nut house.

GMan-67
09-05-2012, 03:41 AM
actually i saw a very flattering article on us .... Titled ... Tebow genuflected and said a prayer for Ballard when his sideline test run ended in excruciating pain ... altho in a follow-up article Tebow was asked about the misson statement "Build a Bridge" and he wondered why we wouldn't simply "Part the Sea"

Captain Chaos
09-05-2012, 04:46 AM
When have the Giant's ever been given the respect due. If the G'men start winning they will begin to give them respect, difficult schedule or not.

BlueSanta
09-05-2012, 05:09 AM
I have seen tons of respect for the Giants this offseason, especially for Eli.

GMan-67
09-05-2012, 05:45 AM
I have seen tons of respect for the Giants this offseason, especially for Eli.

wow, what channel? ... i just watched some NFL networkers wipe the Giants right out of the playoffs and put teams like the Panthers and Cowboys in and we all know how much BSPN always hates on us ... i guess the local sports has been OK, but seemingly only as a way to trash on the Jets even more

having said that, let them hate ... it seems to motivate us

repeatchamps
09-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Seems like a little respect here:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8338183/new-york-giants-abate-hate-defend-super-bowl-title-2012

and, this:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview12/team/_/name/nyg

Reading some of the comments in the first article and just overall I feel bad for Jacquain Williams because no one but Giants fans have given him credit for what was a remarkable play on the 2nd kick return fumble in OT that set up the winning FG against SF. He made a fabulous effort to knock that ball loose. Everyone just blames Kyle Williams for being a bonehead. It should go down as one of the key plays in Giants history up there with the forced fumble on Roger Craig that LT recovered in the other NFC Title game against SF in 1991.

Parademon
09-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Problem is the G-men have failed to even make the playoffs the yr after they won in 86 & 90. I truly believe we would have repeated in 08' if the idiot doesn't shoot himself in the leg. We had no real depth at WR that yr & Plax was our main Redzone threat. W/O him, the Eagles had no real fear of our passing attack. If we can stay healthy at all the major positions this yr, I see no reason the Giants can't make a deep playoff run & defend the title.

BParcells777
09-05-2012, 01:07 PM
I guess we are not the popular pick.......there has been no repeat Champ for a long time, they think we did it with mirrors last year.

We are not usually regular season beasts.....the schedule is tough, not impossible

Still I'd rather the Giants be the hunted than the hunter..........we are the Champs til someone dethrones us. Find me a dominant team in the NFL- there are none.....all have some flaws

gumby74
09-05-2012, 02:18 PM
The ONLY season where we were convincing was in 2008. And the following year, even though we were one and done in the playoffs, we were picked favorably. We were giving plenty of props coming into the 2009 season. How quickly people forget.

Fact is, aside from 2008, we either missed the playoffs or were inconsistent. I don't see how people can give respect to that.

Fharcyde
09-05-2012, 03:33 PM
I think we're getting favored a bit more than we usually do, but we usually go forgotten until week 8 when we're on a six game winning streak. Everyone hops aboard or waits for us to sink.