PDA

View Full Version : Michael Coe vs Miles Austin, or dez?

Marvelousmik
09-05-2012, 01:43 AM
Chances are the cowboys are going to target this guy for most of the game. What im curious about is who Coe will match up against. And lets keep it real. Miles and Dez if healthy can easily combine for over 2000 yards on the season and be one of the best Duo's in the NFL. key word is "healthy". It wont be an easy task but for some reason i believe in Coe and i know he will be prepared for the challenge

rainierjef
09-05-2012, 01:51 AM
Austin.....

titwio
09-05-2012, 01:55 AM
I'd be pissed if they put him on Dez.

Marvelousmik
09-05-2012, 02:08 AM
I'd be pissed if they put him on Dez.

I was thinking this too. I believe in Coe, but even webster would have trouble vs Dez.. I cant wait for the game though. i have a feeling coe might handle his own

ELI_Iz_God
09-05-2012, 02:09 AM
Are Austin and Dez even 100%? I remember them both suffering injuries in preseason

tabascocat
09-05-2012, 02:14 AM
Are Austin and Dez even 100%? I remember them both suffering injuries in preseason

Dez is fine, he banged up his knee and shut it down at the end of pre-season to rest up. Miles re-injured his hammy and has not done much at all. I hope he is in game shape and that hamstring holds up. They are both going to play and I think Dez is the healthiest, probably 95% if not 100%.

giantsfan420
09-05-2012, 02:27 AM

dez has a knee tendinitis issue that flares up anytime he uses his knee basically. rest is the only treatment. He missed almost all of the preseason, so you knoow the timing and consistency is going to be an issue for a player already saddled by them. not worried really, he is explosive if we let him in behind us, which we shouldnt.
austin has a hammy issue, and i gotta believe if he was held out just a week ago, that he isnt 100%. he's had hammy issues for years now. and he missed the preseason as well, so timing and consistency will be an issue.

the big thing is no witten to occupy the safeties. thats huge for us. we should be able to essentially doulbe team both w.o an issue bc besides those 2, no one else can beat us. and its not even definite those 2 can beat us coming off the preseason they had.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-05-2012, 03:17 AM
I was thinking this too. I believe in Coe, but even webster would have trouble vs Dez.. I cant wait for the game though. i have a feeling coe might handle his own

C-Web is going to shadow Dez.

GMan-67
09-05-2012, 03:36 AM
put him on gimpy for the 1st half, then when zero Miles pulls up lame ... have him on Olgetree ... big game for you Coe ... i want to see knee-jerk posts on here saying ... Coe over Prince ... not that i will necessarily agree, but it will be a good thing for 1 week

Marvelousmik
09-05-2012, 03:39 AM
dez has a knee tendinitis issue that flares up anytime he uses his knee basically. rest is the only treatment. He missed almost all of the preseason, so you knoow the timing and consistency is going to be an issue for a player already saddled by them. not worried really, he is explosive if we let him in behind us, which we shouldnt.
austin has a hammy issue, and i gotta believe if he was held out just a week ago, that he isnt 100%. he's had hammy issues for years now. and he missed the preseason as well, so timing and consistency will be an issue.

the big thing is no witten to occupy the safeties. thats huge for us. we should be able to essentially doulbe team both w.o an issue bc besides those 2, no one else can beat us. and its not even definite those 2 can beat us coming off the preseason they had.

from past experiences i think its safe to say we should never downplay any one on the opposing teams we play. I mean, last year alone we lost to rex grossman, vince young, Tjack and Whitehurse from seattle. We even lost to dallas one season when romo didnt even play. Respect all fear none. I know whitten isnt playing, but that doesnt mean we dont have to worry much about their other tight end.

Captain Chaos
09-05-2012, 04:50 AM
Coe had excellent speed so I don't know if that will be the issue. He is on the smaller side 187 I think, so I would rather have him up against the smaller guy Austin. He will need some help over the top from Phillips or Rolle. I think he will do fine, has to give the D line time to get to Romo...

tonyt830
09-05-2012, 07:10 AM
Well I'm thinking they will put Webster on Bryant and Coe on Austin. I know the Cowboys probably will want to target Coe. But with Austin coming off the hammy injury, I think it will be a better match-up vs Austin for Coe

Buddy333
09-05-2012, 07:38 AM
I know he looked good in pre season and was even showing signs last year on a limited basis, but there is a reason why Coe doesn't have a lot of experience. They better get to the QB a lot tonight. They don't need 10 sacks even though that would be great. They need to get in his face all night and make him hurry his passes maybe even forcing him into throwing an interception.

Redeyejedi
09-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Dez is fine, he banged up his knee and shut it down at the end of pre-season to rest up. Miles re-injured his hammy and has not done much at all. I hope he is in game shape and that hamstring holds up. They are both going to play and I think Dez is the healthiest, probably 95% if not 100%.Both teams are really banged up. Both are missing players or have lingering issues.

Ntegrase96
09-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Well I'm thinking they will put Webster on Bryant and Coe on Austin. I know the Cowboys probably will want to target Coe. But with Austin coming off the hammy injury, I think it will be a better match-up vs Austin for Coe

I agree if the hamstring issue flares up again. But if not, Austin+Romo has been a very good combo since 2009. Any game that they're both healthy Austin is prone to putting up about 140 yards on 7-10 receptions.

I think it's very reasonable to treat Bryant as the 2nd WR until proven otherwise.

GameTime
09-05-2012, 09:36 AM
I have a gut feeling that Coe will ultimately be a better CB than Prince. Something about his demenor. I hope they give him a chance but with Prince as the first round pick once he is healthy he will be in....

Eli2Shockey4aTD
09-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Hard for Romo to pick on Coe while he is on his back.

GameTime
09-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Hard for Romo to pick on Coe while he is on his back.
thats idea but Romo will have yards....he usually does.

Ntegrase96
09-05-2012, 10:08 AM
I have a gut feeling that Coe will ultimately be a better CB than Prince. Something about his demenor. I hope they give him a chance but with Prince as the first round pick once he is healthy he will be in....

I dunno. I haven't seen much of Coe, but Amukamara has the tools to be your best CB.

GameTime
09-05-2012, 10:10 AM
I know he looked good in pre season and was even showing signs last year on a limited basis, but there is a reason why Coe doesn't have a lot of experience. They better get to the QB a lot tonight. They don't need 10 sacks even though that would be great. They need to get in his face all night and make him hurry his passes maybe even forcing him into throwing an interception.
he has had some injuries in his career too I think. Some players catch on later. I hope he is one of them....

Eli2Shockey4aTD
09-05-2012, 10:10 AM
thats idea but Romo will have yards....he usually does.

Yah probably, but a secondary is only as good as it's pass rush. Alarms about a depleted secondary are overrated...I hope

Pkyankfan69
09-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Is Hosley playing tonight?... I see he is listed as questionable.

If so, what role are you guys expecting from him?

giantsfan420
09-05-2012, 10:35 AM
he's playing. i expect to see him quite a bit. not every nickel snap, but quite a few of em.

GameTime
09-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Yah probably, but a secondary is only as good as it's pass rush. Alarms about a depleted secondary are overrated...I hope
they work hand in hand. If the secondary can cover for more than 5 seconds then the pass rush will get there. If the pass rush gets there in 3 seconds or so then the secondary doesnt have to cover as long......
But I hear you. The Giants depend on their pass rush to help the secondary....not the other way around.