PDA

View Full Version : How will the Giants Dominate the Cowboys TONIGHT !

BillTheGreek
09-05-2012, 06:32 AM
I say Defence.......Lots of Pressure , Rushing Romo! At least 2 Sacks !

What do you think ?

tonyt830
09-05-2012, 07:14 AM
I say Defence.......Lots of Presure , Rushing Romo! At least 2 Sacks !

What do you think ?agreed we need to put the pressure on Romo! 2 sacks is possible as well as a few hurries and QB hits. That will take some of the pressure off of the back end.

Buddy333
09-05-2012, 07:33 AM
I'll take a win. I don't see why so many think this will be an easy win for the Giants. They have a very good pass rusher going against a back up LT. The rest of the OL isn't much to brag about either. It ink they have enough to win, but I think it will be close.

StrahanTheMan
09-05-2012, 07:46 AM
Look for the Giants to try and establish the run early and often, which I think will be the key to winning.

GMan-67
09-05-2012, 07:46 AM
harass Romo as you said and 2 TDs in the 4th to seal the deal, but it's gonna be close ... almost always is and remember we trailed in 15 of 16 regular season games last year, so dont break anything if we do get behind (im gonna try not to) ... i can live with being behind 3-0 but worse than that makes me twitchy even being as confident as i am in my team

GIANTS BABY!!!!

START!!!!

tru4blu88
09-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Tonight's game for the giants is going to be won in the trenches and how
Well our offensive line can establish a solid rushing attack.. If they can't get the run going its going
To be a battle as most Dallas games are..

Buddy333
09-05-2012, 08:17 AM
The Giants went from being one of the best running teams to one of the worst last year. They didn't really do anything to improve their OL. I hope they are better, but I'm expecting to see Eli get rid of the ball quickly. They will need Bradshaw out their tonight for his blocking ability. I don't see a good running game for the Giants tonight.

miked1958
09-05-2012, 08:40 AM
I say Defence.......Lots of Pressure , Rushing Romo! At least 2 Sacks !

What do you think ?I say 5 SACKS!!!! and eli lights them up for 402 yards through the air and 4/5 TDs tynes with 2 FGs and the giants with an easy 41-20 win. Dallas getting a meaningless TD in Garbage Time while our starting D is on the sidelines laughing it up

OX1
09-05-2012, 08:47 AM
The Giants went from being one of the best running teams to one of the worst last year. They didn't really do anything to improve their OL. I hope they are better, but I'm expecting to see Eli get rid of the ball quickly. They will need Bradshaw out their tonight for his blocking ability. I don't see a good running game for the Giants tonight.

Had some confidence in the run after the bears game, but that was shot to heck after 2, 1/4's against the pats 2nd D.

I think the secondary will be a hair better, which last year held us back from another 10 sacks, IMO.
We were SO close on a bunch more sacks last year.

miked1958
09-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Had some confidence in the run after the bears game, but that was shot to heck after 2, 1/4's against the pats 2nd D.

I think the secondary will be a hair better, which last year held us back from another 10 sacks, IMO.
We were SO close on a bunch more sacks last year.Until either tthey bring in a VET or the newer guys have time to Gell Gilbride will need to call a lot of Screens to the Backs and checkdown, quick dump offs and set up your OLine and TEs to block. You can get some HUGE gains doing that with the Weapons we have in AB, DW, DS and AB.... also maybe some reverses and draws

RoanokeFan
09-05-2012, 09:15 AM
The Cowboys have switched their offensive tackles because of JPP. I look for them to set a sack record for a single game

BillTheGreek
09-05-2012, 09:24 AM
The Cowboys have switched their offensive tackles because of JPP. I look for them to set a sack record for a single game

I hope your right ! .........Sorry, No Negativity .........In fact I know your Right !

Parademon
09-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Not rocket science people. Whomever wins the battle of the trenches & the commits the fewest turnovers wins the game. Winning the TOP is key as well.

BillTheGreek
09-05-2012, 10:40 AM
I say 5 SACKS!!!! and eli lights them up for 402 yards through the air and 4/5 TDs tynes with 2 FGs and the giants with an easy 41-20 win. Dallas getting a meaningless TD in Garbage Time while our starting D is on the sidelines laughing it up

5 SACKS!!!!WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How about we settle for 4 SACKS ! lol

GO GIANTS !

RoanokeFan
09-05-2012, 11:09 AM
5 SACKS!!!!WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How about we settle for 4 SACKS ! lol

GO GIANTS !

I prefer even numbers = 6

Buddy333
09-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Don't get me wrong, sacks are great, but I want to see lots of pressures and hits on the QB all game long.

BillTheGreek
09-05-2012, 11:26 AM
i prefer even numbers = 6

thats what i like.... You really are thinking positive ! Now if you can name the g-men, who will do the sacks ! That would be awesome..........just 2 will be ok !

giantsfan420
09-05-2012, 12:40 PM
i think martellus bennett has a field day with bruce carter and sean lee trying to cover him 1 on 1 w/o safety help bc they'll have to keep an eye on Nicks and Cruz. I think MB could have a couple tds and big plays.
I also think Cruz just goes off and continually makes plays. Dont think anyone can cover him...

Astorian
09-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Much as I'd like to see it (it would be nice to enjoy an easy game for a change), we won't dominate. Remember, it's the first game. There will be miscues, dropped passes, mental mistakes, blown coverages, fumbles, etc (by both sides), and unpredictable refs. If the weather is bad all problems will be compounded. Look for a ragged see-saw game, hopefully with us restoring order early in the fourth quarter.

fansince69
09-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Much as I'd like to see it (it would be nice to enjoy an easy game for a change), we won't dominate. Remember, it's the first game. There will be miscues, dropped passes, mental mistakes, blown coverages, fumbles, etc (by both sides), and unpredictable refs. If the weather is bad all problems will be compounded. Look for a ragged see-saw game, hopefully with us restoring order early in the fourth quarter.

Do not forget special teams screw ups....there always is early....ko and punt returns....happens every year

tabascocat
09-05-2012, 01:27 PM
i think martellus bennett has a field day with bruce carter and sean lee trying to cover him 1 on 1 w/o safety help bc they'll have to keep an eye on Nicks and Cruz. I think MB could have a couple tds and big plays.
I also think Cruz just goes off and continually makes plays. Dont think anyone can cover him...

Your Giants may very well win this game but it won't be because of Bennett. The guy is a headcase and likes to run his mouth and when it is time to deliver, he shuts down on most occasions. He could get a few catches but he will disappear shortly after the game starts.

At some point during the season, most of yas will be calling him out and tired of his act. It is possible he can change his attitude and become a pretty good TE, but don't count on it and I don't see that happening.

BillTheGreek
09-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Your Giants may very well win this game but it won't be because of Bennett. The guy is a headcase and likes to run his mouth and when it is time to deliver, he shuts down on most occasions. He could get a few catches but he will disappear shortly after the game starts.

At some point during the season, most of yas will be calling him out and tired of his act. It is possible he can change his attitude and become a pretty good TE, but don't count on it and I don't see that happening.

You may be right about Bennett, I heard stories like that before...............But the Giants are going to give him a chance to prove himself, he has One year to do that ! Lets hope it does not take that long. Lets face it how many guys can the Cowboys cover, and he is a BIG TARGET, I know he can block and run, now can he catch the ball in the RED ZONE ? We will see tonight ! What Team do you hate other than the Giants. BTW, I can't wish you luck on the game tonight, but when you play the Eagles or the Skins I wish you Luck.

tabascocat
09-05-2012, 02:50 PM
You may be right about Bennett, I heard stories like that before...............But the Giants are going to give him a chance to prove himself, he has One year to do that ! Lets hope it does not take that long. Lets face it how many guys can the Cowboys cover, and he is a BIG TARGET, I know he can block and run, now can he catch the ball in the RED ZONE ? We will see tonight ! What Team do you hate other than the Giants. BTW, I can't wish you luck on the game tonight, but when you play the Eagles or the Skins I wish you Luck.

Philly, Steelers, 49'ers, Texans then NE, in that order. I find it hard to hate the Skins because they are irrelevant to me at this point in time :)
I excluded the Giants but they are not in my top 3, probably just before Houston only because I do respect the G-men in a weird way, not like but respect.

Crovaz
09-05-2012, 11:40 PM
So, have we learned a lesson about posting threads like this yet? Every damn season I see these stupid threads and every time, we get beaten.