PDA

View Full Version : Kiwanuka: Pierre-Paul can get 30 sacks, be one of 'best ever'

Tuckit91
09-05-2012, 12:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000058442/article/mathias-kiwanuka-jason-pierrepaul-can-get-30-sacks?module=HP11_headline_stack

I would like to see another 15-16 sacks this year!

CowboysSuck
09-05-2012, 12:53 PM
I love how the article says "Is Pierre-Paul in REGGIE WHITES Class"? How about in the all-time sack leader, MICHAEL STRAHAN'S Class???

CowboysSuck
09-05-2012, 12:54 PM
another example of no love for da gmen

Tuckit91
09-05-2012, 12:56 PM
JPP got no love in Americas game last night either...

BuffyBlueII
09-05-2012, 12:56 PM
I love how the article says "Is Pierre-Paul in REGGIE WHITES Class"? How about in the all-time sack leader, MICHAEL STRAHAN'S Class???

Have plenty of love and much respect for the Powerful Stray but a smuch as I wish it weren’t so, he was not in the same class as Reggie White.

B-Red22
09-05-2012, 01:09 PM
this would be unreal, but I do think at some point JPP will be knocking at Strahans record

BlueSanta
09-05-2012, 01:10 PM
another example of no love for da gmenNo sir, your complaints are not fact base.

Strahan isnt the "all time sack leader" Bruce Smith(200 sacks) and Reggie White(198) both had way more than Strahan(141.5) in their careers.

It is true that Michael holds the record for a single season, and it is true that Michael was prolly the 2nd best DE of all time(my opinion), because of his complete package(good vs the run too.)

But Reggie White is widely considered the best DE ever and was also good vs the run as well as the pass. Sorry, it isnt a "lack of respect for NYG" thing.

Giants5699
09-05-2012, 01:13 PM
JPP is going to be in the class of Reggie White at the end of the day. Strahan was an irreplaceable piece of New York Giants history. I love stray... but JPP is already better than him.

fansince69
09-05-2012, 01:26 PM
JPP is going to be in the class of Reggie White at the end of the day. Strahan was an irreplaceable piece of New York Giants history. I love stray... but JPP is already better than him.

Better? seriously? he has all the potential to be better...but RIGHT NOW.......Strahan was a much better player.......he has done what hes doing for 2 years....strahan was at top of the game for many many years.......sorry JPP has a ways to go

gmen0820
09-05-2012, 01:52 PM
another example of no love for da gmenBy putting JPP, a Giant no less, in the same breath as the best DE to play the game? Uhh, what?

burier
09-05-2012, 02:17 PM
I predicted 28 sacks and was called crazy. What are we calling Kiwi now?

giantsfan420
09-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Reggie White was deceptively quick. He would be able to close on the QB after clubbing a OL as fast as anyone I can remember with their hand on the ground. The great thing about White is that he had a "Cruz" like story in that he didnt play in the NFL right away. IIRC, he played in the Canadian League. When he came to the NFL, he was a little bit older. But man was he strong. It was like he set the mold for DE's which is ironic bc originally he was more of a DT at first.
Stray is the greatest GIants DE and thats even tricky itself bc LT played a hybrid DE role with the innovation of the 3-4 OLB with the OLB blitzing. Strah wasnt as strong as White imho, although I disagree with the opinion Strays not in WHites class. He is. He just falls a little short.
If JPP can have as long and productive career as those 2 guys, I have a feeling we have multiple SB runs still left...Bless Jerry Reese...

Medisleman
09-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Looking forward to watching JPP's career develop further without labeling him.

TheAnalyst
09-05-2012, 02:50 PM
JPP isn't just in Reggie White's class, he is on his desk, in his seat and with his girl.

B&RWarrior
09-05-2012, 03:23 PM

JPP is more athletic than Strahan. Osi said it best, to say JPP is better than Strahan is "BLASPHEMY"!!! Let's see how JPP handles being double and triple teamed on every play. Strahan faced that for the last3-5 years of his career and still produced.

JPP is my dog but Stray is a Giants legend.

Fharcyde
09-05-2012, 04:27 PM
As close as Jared Allen and Demarcus Ware have been to breaking Strahan's record, it still stands. 30 sacks in a season seems a little crazy, but I suppose the sky is the limit for this guy. As long as he shows up to play like he did last season he'll be well on his way to be one of the greats.

burier
09-05-2012, 04:34 PM
As close as Jared Allen and Demarcus Ware have been to breaking Strahan's record, it still stands. 30 sacks in a season seems a little crazy, but I suppose the sky is the limit for this guy. As long as he shows up to play like he did last season he'll be well on his way to be one of the greats.

If you told me a lineman could register 16 solos in 1 game I'd call you crazy too. But alas. JPP managed to do it.

GiantWarfare
09-05-2012, 04:47 PM
JPP will never be the next Reggie White, Michael Strahan, or whoever....he will be the first Jason Pierre Paul.

Let's allow the kid to develop his game instead of rushing to label him as one of the greats. If everything goes right, coupled w/ the skills/talent he has, I have no doubt in my mind that he'll eventually rise to that select group of guys....

Hopefully he has another 15+ sack season.

Tuckit91
09-05-2012, 04:52 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/09/giants_jason_pierre-paul_think.html

Fharcyde
09-05-2012, 04:54 PM
JPP will never be the next Reggie White, Michael Strahan, or whoever....he will be the first Jason Pierre Paul.

Let's allow the kid to develop his game instead of rushing to label him as one of the greats. If everything goes right, coupled w/ the skills/talent he has, I have no doubt in my mind that he'll eventually rise to that select group of guys....

Hopefully he has another 15+ sack season.
The way he's athletically gifted and how people call him freakish, I'd compare him more to Jevon Kearse than anyone. He'll definitely write his own legacy though. Hopefully it's one as a Giant for life.

GiantWarfare
09-05-2012, 04:55 PM
The way he's athletically gifted and how people call him freakish, I'd compare him more to Jevon Kearse than anyone. He'll definitely write his own legacy though. Hopefully it's one as a Giant for life.

I second that.

thomsoad
09-05-2012, 05:01 PM
JPP isn't just in Reggie White's class, he is on his desk, in his seat and with his girl.

Some of you people crack me up. Giving ignorant opinions about players you have never even see play.
I luv JPP...I hate the Eagles...and I hate the Packers.
But comparing JPP to Reggie Whites legacy is just foolish to the point of idiocy for now.
Its not even worth the effort to type that debate