PDA

View Full Version : Remember guys, IT's A LONG SEASON...

TheAnalyst
09-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Even if it doesn't feel like a LONG season, but rather a LONG offseason.

I don't want to see any Fire Kildrive Threads or Can Coughlin Threads until at least the mid point of the season! lol

If we were to lose this game, which I am not expecting, it isn't the end of the world. I know me saying this won't refrain some of you posting about it being the end of the season after game 1, but hopefully it will help.

In 2007, we opened a game against these Dallas Cowboys, and lost 45-35. In fact, we lost the first 2 games of the year playing absolutely horrible on defense. We would go on to win superbowl 42.

In 2009, we started out great, going 5-0. Would go on to lose 8 of the next 11 and miss the playoffs.

In 2011, we lost the opening game to the Redskins when we all thought we would win. We played pretty bad even though we were winning early on, but then it kicked in in week 16. We went on to win superbowl 46.

Point being, this isnt a make or break game. Yeah, Im psyched and think we should win this one, but it isn't the end of the world like it would feel if we lost.

But on the same note, LETS KICK SOME DALLAS *** TONIGHT!

Stay strong Giants fans! We all know it is going to be a roller coaster of a season as always, and this New York Football Giants fan wouldn't have it any other way. Another year of heart attacks and thrown remotes at walls. But at last....

BIG BLUE IS BACK!

Go Giants!

Kruunch
09-05-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm not sure I could live without the angst.

primetime
09-05-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm not sure I could live without the angst.
You won't have to, the second a bad play or the Giants lose the negative threads will be at full force.

Pkyankfan69
09-05-2012, 02:39 PM
I agree that of course the season if not over if we lose tonight but based on the schedule it is VERY important that the Giants get off to a fast start.

First 5 games:
vs DAL
vs TB
@ CAR
@ PHI
vs CLE

Giants need to go at least 4-1 in their first 5... 5-0 is certainly doable.

The last 6 games are pretty brutal:
vs GB
@ WAS
vs NO
@ ATL
@ BALT
VS PHI
3 - 3 would be very solid through these 6 games

TheAnalyst
09-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Found this interesting stat on ESPN.

Beginner's luck? The Cowboys and the Giants have played five times in season openers, and the Cowboys are 5-0 in those games (by a combined score of 194-72, by the way!).

Looks like we need to step it up tonight to buck the trend.

tuck&rolle
09-05-2012, 02:49 PM
The counter-argument is that every game is weighted equally, and that we definitely need to pick up wins where we can because of our tough schedule. Make no mistake, tonight is an important game.

Kruunch
09-05-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm always nervous when I hear the Giants are favored by double digits.

giantsfan420
09-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Found this interesting stat on ESPN.

Beginner's luck? The Cowboys and the Giants have played five times in season openers, and the Cowboys are 5-0 in those games (by a combined score of 194-72, by the way!).

Looks like we need to step it up tonight to buck the trend.
i think the defending sb champ opening at home is undefeated the last 8 times...

but I like the OP. Its a common occurrence tho, its only natural. Some people lose their grip early and for little reason. I will say this tho, we SHOULD beat Dallas, and by a few scores to be honest. I believe we will too. The last Coughlin led team defending the SB went 11-1 and were CLEAR favorites, beating the eventual SB matchup. I expect to see a similar if not improved team from the post season if u can believe it. I think we impose our will more and are more physical on defense. Teams just won't be able to keep up with our imposing defense, and quick strike, dynamic offense. Tonights the unveiling of a serious SB contender...

giantsfan420
09-05-2012, 02:58 PM
theres one thing we have that dallas, and virtually no one else has...justified confidence. the team knows that if they play to their level, and do their jobs individually as best they can, they make up a team that is virtually unbeatable. They saw first hand what is needed to reach and accomplish their goals...we are gonna run over dallas, but if we lose somehow, history has also shown us that it has no bearing on us winning the SB

CowboysSuck
09-05-2012, 03:04 PM
we could go 11-0. As soon as we go 11-1, Coughlin needs to be fired and Eli traded...the boards wont have it any other way

TheAnalyst
09-06-2012, 10:48 AM
BUMP

So now we are 0-6 vs the Cowboys to open the year... Lets just not open the year with the Cowboys anymore.

I will put my few thoughts of this game in this thread:

#1 - Our Oline, as I have been saying for years, is horrible and is the reason our run game is terrible, not because we dont have a great RB.
#2 - Our secondary is a huge issue because Fewell doesnt blitz much. Plus the fact , for the second year in a row, we lost 4 of our 6 CBs before week 2. And who was wearing #23 last night? Wow. That remnded me of when he was playing in 05' and 06' and got benched in 07'.
#3 - All the fame may of gotten to Cruz's head. He needs to remember to catch the ball first before thinking about his salsa dance. He had more drops last night then he had all last year.
#4 - I wish Gilbride would use a screen or a quick slant in his arsonal. Eli needs a hot route when the defense blitzes and it seems like he never has it.
#5 - Tuck, he looks so out of shape. He was on the sidelines more then in the game. May have been because the offense could not sustain long drives and our D wore down in the end.
#6 - We lost a bad game to open last year, so no panic yet. But we did look horrible out there last night.

TheAnalyst
09-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Stay strong Giants fans! We all know it is going to be a roller coaster of a season as always, and this New York Football Giants fan wouldn't have it any other way. Another year of heart attacks and thrown remotes at walls. But at last....

BIG BLUE IS BACK!

Go Giants!

Bump...

Long way to go.

RoanokeFan
09-17-2012, 10:38 AM
I agree that of course the season if not over if we lose tonight but based on the schedule it is VERY important that the Giants get off to a fast start. First 5 games: vs DAL vs TB @ CAR @ PHI vs CLE Giants need to go at least 4-1 in their first 5... 5-0 is certainly doable. The last 6 games are pretty brutal: vs GB @ WAS vs NO @ ATL @ BALT VS PHI 3 - 3 would be very solid through these 6 games TC breaks the season into quarters hoping for 3-1 in each

TheAnalyst
10-18-2012, 11:52 AM
TC breaks the season into quarters hoping for 3-1 in each

1st quarter = 2-2
2nd quarter = 2-0 so far.

We need the next couple of games to have a shot at the divison, at least one of them. Then again 9-7 could win this division again.

I wasn't down on them when we lost to Dallas, and I'm not super high on them after beating down the 49ers. Its never as bad, or as good as it seems. Its a long season. Its a rollercoaster. Enjoy the ride.

ryan12
10-18-2012, 12:07 PM
one game 1 play at a time you are right a long season but hopefully a winning season

Mercury
10-18-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm looking forward to a long season. Long, as in lasting into late January and February.

Rudyy
10-18-2012, 01:40 PM
All we need to do is go 7-7 and then we can start our run lol.

TheAnalyst
10-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Off to our usual fast start, now we fall into our usual second half swoon, kinda just like the Cowboys game.

6-2 (2-2 in divison)

Man, if we had that 54 yard FG vs the eagles we are 7-1 and 3-1 in divison. Amazing. We are a spoiled bunch.

Rudyy
10-29-2012, 12:21 PM
We played like crap yesterday and still won lol, Imagine how many points we'd put up had our offense been clicking

jomo
10-29-2012, 12:24 PM
We are in much better shape this year than last at this point in the season.

TheAnalyst
10-29-2012, 12:30 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsFE_j71tJ5hqccbNpKxf5cMGsC7Xgh XXa2XgVVRdkwUM5FKCc2g

TheAnalyst
11-26-2012, 01:30 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsFE_j71tJ5hqccbNpKxf5cMGsC7Xgh XXa2XgVVRdkwUM5FKCc2g

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA06hpkmjRIXoZ7xa9ivGYHl57-gYvRbjF9Iw342dI7hOxeI8_

YAY AGAIN!

I swear this team is the most polarizing sports team ever. Even before the season starts you can predict that they will be unpredictable.