PDA

View Full Version : Interesting....

dannyboomboom1
09-05-2012, 01:44 PM
2 years ago the Packers backed their way into the playoffs with a 10-6 record (only because the Giants lost that heartbreak game to the Eagles), and then went on a hot streak and won the Super Bowl. The next season they were everyone's favorite and nobody pointed to their 10-6 season or that they just barely made the playoffs... Yet this year the Giants are in the same exact situation and all people talk about is that we were 9-7, not that good, and just got hot. Why? Whats the difference between the Packers preseason last year and the Giants now?

Kruunch
09-05-2012, 01:49 PM
They said the same thing in 2008 and we went 12-4 and were the #1 seed.

And then dumped against the Eagles (much like how the Packers dumped against us last year :D )

I'd take another 9-7 season and Super Bowl win in a heartbeat.

Jahh
09-05-2012, 01:56 PM
12 - 4 actually

ImElectric2
09-05-2012, 02:05 PM
I've made that point before too. Another thing is even with our 9-7 record we were never eliminated from the playoffs at any time and controlled our own fate entirely. We won the games we had to. We didn't back in. We didn't get lucky because another team lost. We won when we needed. Funny, because if the Pack lost in 2010/2011 season week 17 and we make the playoffs is there still talk about us backing in? It's not like we didn't win our division or anything. Also, when the Pack got hot I dont remember them shutting out one of the most explosive offenses in the league. Maybe we got too hot ...lol

Moke
09-05-2012, 02:08 PM
I don't even care. As long as we make the playoffs next year I'll be happy. This team is way too talented to just hand the division over to the Eagles.

GMENAGAIN
09-05-2012, 02:25 PM
I've made that point before too. Another thing is even with our 9-7 record we were never eliminated from the playoffs at any time and controlled our own fate entirely. We won the games we had to. We didn't back in. We didn't get lucky because another team lost. We won when we needed. Funny, because if the Pack lost in 2010/2011 season week 17 and we make the playoffs is there still talk about us backing in? It's not like we didn't win our division or anything. Also, when the Pack got hot I dont remember them shutting out one of the most explosive offenses in the league. Maybe we got too hot ...lol

Who cares at this point?

The season starts today . . . no more need for projections, theories, predictions, etc. Either get out there and do it . . . . or not.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-05-2012, 02:29 PM
who cares at this point?

The season starts today . . . No more need for projections, theories, predictions, etc. Either get out there and do it . . . . Or not.build the bridge!

nhpgiantsfan
09-05-2012, 02:59 PM
2 years ago the Packers backed their way into the playoffs with a 10-6 record (only because the Giants lost that heartbreak game to the Eagles), and then went on a hot streak and won the Super Bowl. The next season they were everyone's favorite and nobody pointed to their 10-6 season or that they just barely made the playoffs... Yet this year the Giants are in the same exact situation and all people talk about is that we were 9-7, not that good, and just got hot. Why? Whats the difference between the Packers preseason last year and the Giants now?

Incidently, they didnt make the playoffs because we lost to the Eagles. They made the playoffs because they beat the crap out of us the following week. We had the opportunity to keep them out of the playoffs and get ourselves in, and the schooled us. So they didnt back in. Winning your last two games to secure a playoff spot, is hardly backing in. Especially when one of those wins is against a team that you are fighting with for that wild card.

miked1958
09-05-2012, 03:02 PM
2 years ago the Packers backed their way into the playoffs with a 10-6 record (only because the Giants lost that heartbreak game to the Eagles), and then went on a hot streak and won the Super Bowl. The next season they were everyone's favorite and nobody pointed to their 10-6 season or that they just barely made the playoffs... Yet this year the Giants are in the same exact situation and all people talk about is that we were 9-7, not that good, and just got hot. Why? Whats the difference between the Packers preseason last year and the Giants now?everything in this thread is true. The GMEN get no respect. PERIOD. However, even tough the PACK made it because we gave that game away agianst Philly. We still had the chance the following week to get in but laid an egg against GB. they destroyed us. They needed that game we needed that game and they took it to us. however point of this Thread is well taken

GO GMEN ALL IN

Rodgers12
09-05-2012, 03:12 PM
We won in Philly and Atlanta. Atlanta had a really good offense that year and we creamed them.

burier
09-05-2012, 03:17 PM
the difference is no one loves to hate The Packers.

Someone is always going to try to downplay our accomplishments.

We are the New York Giants. We whip ***. We take names...and everyone hates it.

Rodgers12
09-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Wrong. We have alot of people that hate us as well. We seem to have the 49ers number so hopefully that works out for us.

burier
09-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Who hates you? Your division rivals? Thats nice and all but not on our level.

We have two different fan bases in the OTHER conference who hate us.

Rodgers12
09-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Who hates you? Your division rivals? Thats nice and all but not on our level.

We have two different fan bases in the OTHER conference who hate us.
The 49ers hate us, Dallas hates us. Trust me were hated as much as you guys.

Moke
09-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Jesus christ, who cares who is hated more?

dannyboomboom1
09-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Incidently, they didnt make the playoffs because we lost to the Eagles. They made the playoffs because they beat the crap out of us the following week. We had the opportunity to keep them out of the playoffs and get ourselves in, and the schooled us. So they didnt back in. Winning your last two games to secure a playoff spot, is hardly backing in. Especially when one of those wins is against a team that you are fighting with for that wild card.

Well technically had we held onto a game that we already had won, and the Pack still beat our *** the next week, they don't get in. So what they did against us really is pointless.

GMan-67
09-05-2012, 04:53 PM
we started 11-1 the season after we won Super Bowl 42 ... everyone forgets that and not to be like the Packers , but if not for the crazy wind, i think we beat Philly in the Divisional playoffs and then who knows from there

ImElectric2
09-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Who cares at this point?The season starts today . . . no more need for projections, theories, predictions, etc. Either get out there and do it . . . . or not.Though I know where you're coming from and agree to a large extent, it is mildly annoying to watch every year as the national media praises all these teams like the Pack or the Steelers or the Patriots or teams that havnt even accomplished jack such as the eagles or cowboys or chargers and then when the team I root for week in and week out achieves and reaches greatness and does it against really good competition we get glossed over or ignored or treated like a fluke. Our actual accomplishments go unmentione and unnoticed and I want to revel in it. I want to turn on ESPN and see a segment about my team and why they are good. I want to see highlights of what they did to become champions, not endless reasons of why they shouldn't have and won't again. I dunno, its like looking back at photos from your wedding and all the pics are of other people with none of u and your wife. If you follow that logic.

dannyboomboom1
09-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Well technically had we held onto a game that we already had won, and the Pack still beat our *** the next week, they don't get in. So what they did against us really is pointless.

Furthermore, we finished 2010 tied with Green Bay at 10-6, they beat us head to head and got into the playoffs on a tie breaker. Had we beat Philly, we end up 11-5, win the division, actually get the #2 seed since we beat Chicago head to head... So that ridiculous loss to Philly drastically changed the outcome of the 2010 playoffs... that one bizarre game moved us from a #2 seed to out of the playoffs...

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
09-05-2012, 05:29 PM
I asked this many times, but u know what I'd rather it be this way. We all know the Giants play better when the media ****s on them. So **** them, Lets Go Big Blue!

Drez
09-05-2012, 05:46 PM
We won in Philly and Atlanta. Atlanta had a really good offense that year and we creamed them.
Yeah. We thumped Atlanta, creamed the **** out of you guys, and won a dogfight against the Niners. Then we took care of business against the Pats. I fail to see the point that you're trying to make.

DragonSoul
09-05-2012, 06:17 PM
2 years ago the Packers backed their way into the playoffs with a 10-6 record (only because the Giants lost that heartbreak game to the Eagles), and then went on a hot streak and won the Super Bowl. The next season they were everyone's favorite and nobody pointed to their 10-6 season or that they just barely made the playoffs... Yet this year the Giants are in the same exact situation and all people talk about is that we were 9-7, not that good, and just got hot. Why? Whats the difference between the Packers preseason last year and the Giants now?NY Hate, simple

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-05-2012, 06:20 PM
What was this thread about????