PDA

View Full Version : Wow not one mention of JPP...

BigBluePoint
09-05-2012, 02:31 PM
America's Game last night was great, but so incomplete. There wasn't one mention of JPP, who had as big (if not bigger) impact on the outcome of our season as any other player on our team, Eli and Cruz included. Just didn't seem right. I know the season was recapped through the oration of Eli, Tuck, Cruz and Coach Coughlin. But darn, it was like JPP didn't even play a role. How can that be?

TheAnalyst
09-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Are they going to re-air it?

nhpgiantsfan
09-05-2012, 02:53 PM
I thought it was very strange also. I mean, he was in the running for DPOY. When the covered the 1st Cowboy game they didnt even mention that they had a chance to win it with a FG. I wasnt to impressed with this years installment. 2007 was much better.

Rudyy
09-05-2012, 02:54 PM
It was rushed.

Tuckit91
09-05-2012, 03:00 PM
It was rushed.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing..Not as good as 07 and it was crazy not to talk about JPP at all!

StrahanTheMan
09-05-2012, 03:02 PM
It was definitely rushed - and the day before I watched something else that was the exact same footage except no commentary by the players, and no Alec Baldwin. Almost like the added the small interviews and Baldwin to existing footage of the season from the Giants perspective.

burier
09-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Yeah I was pretty let down. No JPP and it seemed like they glossed over a lot of games. I don't really get it.

GmenFan1980
09-05-2012, 03:04 PM
I thought it was very strange also. I mean, he was in the running for DPOY. When the covered the 1st Cowboy game they didnt even mention that they had a chance to win it with a FG. I wasnt to impressed with this years installment. 2007 was much better.

Because they didn't have a chance to "win it with a FG" it would have been a tie game had they made it.

you guys seem way to annoyed over this.

Tony romo "over throw" to Austin was what they felt was a bigger play to be shown and to their credit, if Austin catches it JPP efforts wouldn't have meant anything.

GmenFan1980
09-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Yeah I was pretty let down. No JPP and it seemed like they glossed over a lot of games. I don't really get it.

what don't you get? how hard it is to condense a 20 game season into a 1 hour special? they kind of have no choice to skim through games. they did that in the 07 version as well.

Edit- My final say on this is I agree 07 was better(almost entirely because Micheal Strahan is one hilarious S.O.B.) but this was in no way a bad America's Game

TheAnalyst
09-05-2012, 03:12 PM
It was rushed.

Sounds like the Championship DVD they made too...

Rudyy
09-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Sounds like the Championship DVD they made too... yup, same scenes.

burier
09-05-2012, 03:31 PM
what don't you get? how hard it is to condense a 20 game season into a 1 hour special? they kind of have no choice to skim through games. they did that in the 07 version as well.

Edit- My final say on this is I agree 07 was better(almost entirely because Micheal Strahan is one hilarious S.O.B.) but this was in no way a bad America's Game

I don't get how they act like a second year player and All Pro wasn't even on the team. And I don't get why it felt like the 07 installment had far superior editing.

If I were JPP I'd be really bummed.

G-Men Surg.
09-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Don't worry bro, he will be on the next one when they win another SB !

Tuckit91
09-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Don't worry bro, he will be on the next one when they win another SB !

Sounds good!