PDA

View Full Version : A Few Simple Observations.

giantfan1976
09-05-2012, 11:55 PM
1. There are too many complacent players on the Giants tonight (C Webster and V Cruz).

2. Our lack of quality OL WILL catch up to us this year... already has tonight.

3. M Bennett will be a stud TE for us this year.

3. The refs are killing us tonight (no excuse).

4. Dallas has figured out that blitzing is not the way to beat Eli (not that they have to anymore - they're getting there with 4).

5. The Giants may lead the league in dropped passes again.

6. The cutback run is killing our D - need more discipline from LBs.

I'm hoping another hero steps up this year and carries the team like Eli did last year.

giantyankee1976
09-06-2012, 12:01 AM
i did not understand the lack of significant moves to boost the O Line this past summer.

pretty much nothing was done.

the war is fought in the trenches and the Boys definitely have a chip on their shoulder this game and it shows

then there's the KEY losses due to injury

gfd_2
09-06-2012, 12:04 AM
I agree with our o-line, it is a horrible weak spot. Other than the non-holding call during the TD attempt I've no issues with the reffing. Lack of depth on the D-line is going to be an issue. How is it that after 3 quarters their jumbled o-line looks great and our D looks like garbage.

giantfan1976
09-06-2012, 12:09 AM
I've got a theory on why no "high profile" OL drafted. Because it is one of the hardest positions to draft. You see so many highly drafted OL wash out of the lleague after two years. Robert Gallery. The Rams just traded their "stud" LT to NYJ for that horrible OT that had so many problems against us in the pre season (Wayne Hunter). I believe that our GM is extremely conservative and doesn't want to tarnish his reputation. I'm not going to argue with it, because it's brought us two recent Super Bowls, but one could argue that Ernie Accorsi put together the first one (BY MAKING THE BIGGEST REACH IN NYG HISTORY FOR ELI) and the second one was a super-human effort by the QB. The next couple of years will tell the story.

Evo'Ed
09-06-2012, 12:09 AM
The quick slant is killing us too.

Our CB's aren't jamming the WR's at the line.

giantfan1976
09-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Agree completely on the slant... that's also on the LBs.

giantyankee1976
09-06-2012, 12:12 AM
I've got a theory on why no "high profile" OL drafted. Because it is one of the hardest positions to draft. You see so many highly drafted OL wash out of the lleague after two years. Robert Gallery. The Rams just traded their "stud" LT to NYJ for that horrible OT that had so many problems against us in the pre season (Wayne Hunter). I believe that our GM is extremely conservative and doesn't want to tarnish his reputation. I'm not going to argue with it, because it's brought us two recent Super Bowls, but one could argue that Ernie Accorsi put together the first one (BY MAKING THE BIGGEST REACH IN NYG HISTORY FOR ELI) and the second one was a super-human effort by the QB. The next couple of years will tell the story.

good argument but surely there was someone there in the 3rd or 4th ?

at this rate we'll have to see max-protect for the majority of time... and that might help, maybe

The quick slant is killing us too.

Our CB's aren't jamming the WR's at the line.

true talk

TheAnalyst
09-06-2012, 12:12 AM
I agree with our o-line, it is a horrible weak spot. Other than the non-holding call during the TD attempt I've no issues with the reffing. Lack of depth on the D-line is going to be an issue. How is it that after 3 quarters their jumbled o-line looks great and our D looks like garbage.To answer your last question, the d has been on the field a lot and is worn down. Oline can't block at all.

Martyr
09-06-2012, 12:13 AM
How bout the cowboys just played better

giantfan1976
09-06-2012, 12:14 AM
That's three on Cruz. Keep partying young man.

giantfan1976
09-06-2012, 12:16 AM
That might be the most obvious statement all night. I agree completely. Almost half of the comments I made above could be interpreted as complements for Dallas.

giantfan1976
09-06-2012, 12:19 AM
To answer your last question, the d has been on the field a lot and is worn down. Oline can't block at all.

I'll be interested to see the time of possession. You may be surprised.

carlton5127@msn.com
09-06-2012, 12:41 AM
there's a reason why we're great away from Home. Everyone wants to shine on the BIG stage ( NY ). They play the're best in this atmosphere and if we don't match it, we lose!

giantfan1976
09-06-2012, 12:45 AM
there's a reason why we're great away from Home. Everyone wants to shine on the BIG stage ( NY ). They play the're best in this atmosphere and if we don't match it, we lose!

You can look forward to that on the road as well... We're Super Bowl champs. Everyone's in the spotlight when they play the SB champs. Just let us get to our typical 5-4 or 6-5 and then we can come alive with the "No Body Likes Us, Everybody Hates Us" BS. It's a shame that our players are more weak-minded than most. It's not enough to just beat a team. We have to play the disrespect card before half the team wakes up.

easterbeast
09-06-2012, 12:48 AM
How bout the cowboys just played better

im not sure they did..but it matters not

Crovaz
09-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Oline did look bad but Dallas's defense has obviously improved, give credit where credit is due. Our defense looked just lack luster and that 60 yard run or whatever it was after being almost tackled 3 times is inexcusable. I've noticed Kiwi making good contact behind the line last year and not finishing the tackle. He could have had 3 or 4 more sacks year if he finished the damn play. Receivers need to play better, especially Cruz.

Defense looked like they were still in preseason mode running vanilla plays. Oh well, it's 1 loss, not going to hang my hat on it. 15 more games to go, they better show up or it's going to be a long season.

JB456
09-06-2012, 01:09 AM
1. There are too many complacent players on the Giants tonight (C Webster and V Cruz).

2. Our lack of quality OL WILL catch up to us this year... already has tonight.

3. M Bennett will be a stud TE for us this year.

3. The refs are killing us tonight (no excuse).

4. Dallas has figured out that blitzing is not the way to beat Eli (not that they have to anymore - they're getting there with 4).

5. The Giants may lead the league in dropped passes again.

6. The cutback run is killing our D - need more discipline from LBs.

I'm hoping another hero steps up this year and carries the team like Eli did last year.

Regarding number 4: They actually got to Manning while rushing 3. The offensive line is like crap wrapped in burnt hair and thrown in garbage water.