PDA

View Full Version : Victor Cruz

VBGiantsFan
09-06-2012, 12:16 AM
Worse game of his career I image. 3 drops tonight...

FUUFNF
09-06-2012, 12:35 AM
Was it only 3?... I thought it was more.

Rudyy
09-06-2012, 12:37 AM
I don't understand what his deal was..Maybe it was nerves?
It seemed like he was looking down field every time he touched the ball.
Literally, the balls were in his hands and he dropped them like it was a bomb.

nycisgreat

You mean 3 big drops.

nycisgreat

You mean 3 big drops.

Moke
09-06-2012, 12:38 AM
He was too anxious in my opinion. You could tell he was looking behind him before he even caught the ball.

Those are fundamentals. I hope he's not thinking STATISTICS right now.

jax5338
09-06-2012, 12:38 AM
yeah he looked bad. turning upfield before he catches the ball and taking his eyes off it.

nhpgiantsfan
09-06-2012, 12:39 AM
I seemed to notice that all three drops were in areas where he may have taken a big hit. I think he here's the footsteps a little.

Rudyy
09-06-2012, 12:40 AM
I seemed to notice that all three drops were in areas where he may have taken a big hit. I think he here's the footsteps a little. Cruz has taken hard hits in the past, I don't think it was that. He was looking for the big play.

nycsportzfan
09-06-2012, 12:41 AM
Maybe he should of waited till he had 2yrs of good play in the NFL before he wrote a book..lol He was getting interviewed about that once and the interviewer was like "don't u think its a little early in ur career to write a book?"...lol

drewz
09-06-2012, 12:42 AM
He's always had that problem.

nycsportzfan
09-06-2012, 12:42 AM
Cruz has taken hard hits in the past, I don't think it was that. He was looking for the big play. Ah man, Cruz shows hes scared of contact short middle or when he feels the pressence of another defender all the time, even on alot of catches of his.. It never hurt us before tonight.. U never seen some of his 6yrd over the middle catches where he out stretches his hands while trying to brace himself for contact and then falls to the ground immedietly without contact?

nycsportzfan
09-06-2012, 12:43 AM
He's always had that problem. exactly.. It just never hurt us before because he'd make the catch at least.. Hes definetly obvious about not liking contact...

GMenOnDeck
09-06-2012, 12:44 AM
How about Nicks he disappeared against a Rookie Corner

Moke
09-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Cruz has taken hard hits in the past, I don't think it was that. He was looking for the big play.<br><br>

Yep +1. It was noticeable when he was turning his head when he was stationed on the floor.

Crovaz
09-06-2012, 12:45 AM
He wanted to prove that Carr couldn't stop him and he was so focused on trying to make a play, he didn't concentrate on catching the ball first.

Rudyy
09-06-2012, 12:45 AM
Ah man, Cruz shows hes scared of contact short middle or when he feels the pressence of another defender all the time, even on alot of catches of his.. It never hurt us before tonight.. U never seen some of his 6yrd over the middle catches where he out stretches his hands while trying to brace himself for contact and then falls to the ground immedietly without contact? If you can provide empirical evidence of him being "scared" that will be greatly appreciated. However, you clearly saw (and heard from the announcers) of him taking his eyes away from the ball. THAT I know he has a habit of doing.

nycsportzfan
09-06-2012, 03:55 AM
If you can provide empirical evidence of him being "scared" that will be greatly appreciated. However, you clearly saw (and heard from the announcers) of him taking his eyes away from the ball. THAT I know he has a habit of doing. dude, u have to be blind to not of noticed.. Just watch him against San Fran last yr for starters.. Again, its something undeniable , as u can tell the by his body language on mad of his catches.. To be honest, i don't think he was totally trying to hide it...

GFiP
09-06-2012, 03:58 AM
He's always had that problem.

This.

But he usually makes up for a mistake with a great play. That didn't happen tonight so it feels new to us.

titwio
09-06-2012, 04:02 AM
Cruz looked like Darius Heyward Bey out there. Not only were the drops bad but his blocking too...and I can't forget the block in the back on the first down play also...

Overall it was a poor performance. Hopefully he comes back with vengeance next week.

BurnerNYG
09-06-2012, 04:19 AM
Cruz is gonna get back on track(If he knows what's right for hIm), he just enjoyed a lot of success and exposure this summer. To me he looks like he hasn't been hitting the gym like he probably should have. His guns look a little dissolved. After a game like last night, I'm sure he realized in order to stay on top, you gotta remember what got you there. I got him on my Instagram and it seemed like partying, traveling and showing off his sneakers was taking over his life.

TheShouldersOf
09-06-2012, 04:35 AM
i think a bit of ego came into play, i'm sure he will bounce back, him and nicks looked bad tonight

rainierjef
09-06-2012, 05:28 AM
i think a bit of ego came into play, i'm sure he will bounce back, him and nicks looked bad tonight take nicks out of that sentence please

nycsportzfan
09-06-2012, 06:53 AM
Cruz looked like Darius Heyward Bey out there. Not only were the drops bad but his blocking too...and I can't forget the block in the back on the first down play also...

Overall it was a poor performance. Hopefully he comes back with vengeance next week. Ya, i dont think anyone thinks hes a bust now or anything.. But he certainly has shown on many occasions the body language to suggest hes flat out shook of getting tatooed.. Shoot, half the time the defender is like 5yrds away and hes all ready looking over at em and cringing while catching the ball..lol

To be honest, i've never seen a player truly brace for getting hit the way Cruz does as far as being so bluntly obvious about it, on a semi-consistent basis(like i said, he does it on his catches as well sometimes)... NOthing wrong with it when hes making catches, but when u have 3 crucial drops in one game, it makes it stick out more...

NYGfanNC
09-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Still had 6-58, Imagine if he didn't have any drops, he's about 9-90. He'll get it together.

rainierjef
09-06-2012, 09:19 AM
sigh* trade victor cruz to browns for joe thomas then put david douglas in his spot!

Rudyy
09-06-2012, 09:52 AM
dude, u have to be blind to not of noticed.. Just watch him against San Fran last yr for starters.. Again, its something undeniable , as u can tell the by his body language on mad of his catches.. To be honest, i don't think he was totally trying to hide it... You mean the game where he freaking torched Carlos Rodgers? he looked soooo scared. Seriously though, I get what you're saying, but I don't think he was playing scared. I think what Brandon Carr said got to his head, and he tried doing too much. He needs to settle down and play football.

Eli2Shockey4aTD
09-06-2012, 09:58 AM
San Fran game everyone was dropping to the ground because of bad field conditions.

Flip Empty
09-06-2012, 10:00 AM
How about Nicks he disappeared against a Rookie Corner
He'd been inactive for a couple of months and was playing hurt.

OX1
09-06-2012, 10:21 AM
To be honest, i've never seen a player truly brace for getting hit the way Cruz does as far as being so bluntly obvious about it,

Not sure it's bracing as much as trying to get up field and/or into a juke before he has even caught the pass.

BklynBlue
09-06-2012, 10:22 AM
You mean 3 big drops.

Yes, indeed they were big!

ryan12
09-06-2012, 10:22 AM
1 bad game time to move on we need him to forget about this game and move on