PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Fluke Loss

giantsfan420
09-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Lets review Dallas's points, CWeb burnt horribly on a double move. This TD wasnt as controversial imo.

The next one setup by the bs Murray run where Tuck and Co missed behind the line.
The 1rst and 30 td on Tryon.

Congrats to Dallas, but that was such a flukey, 3 big play win for Dallas.

At least im telling myself that

Robz
09-05-2012, 11:36 PM
give dallas credit they expose our secondary, i hate injuries

Marvelousmik
09-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Lets review Dallas's points, CWeb burnt horribly on a double move. This TD wasnt as controversial imo.

The next one setup by the bs Murray run where Tuck and Co missed behind the line.

dallas was the better team tonight

BlueSanta
09-05-2012, 11:37 PM
I do not agree. The Cowboys played a better game. I try to be honest with myself. Im not calling the end of the season or anything, but we have issues. Right now we do not have a playoff caliber secondary and especially offensive line.

OP sounds kinda like the Green Bay fans and players did after last year.

juice33s
Dallas just wanted it more then we did (evidence of Witten playing with a lacerated spleen).....I think the Giants thought this was still preseason

Sarcasman
It's just one game. And it frankly went pretty much how I thought it would. You don't win football games when you lose the line of scrimmage battle and we lost those battles on both lines. I'm surprised it ended up being as close as it was considering how crappy the Giants played.

SackingMyths
09-05-2012, 11:38 PM

Why does everyone act like we were so much better than them last year? We played a "win and youre in" game against them in week freakin 17.

They improved the one area they were putrid at...while we got worse at it.

Hats off to them, but we'll shake it off and figure something out (I hope)

fizzlesticks
give dallas credit they expose our secondary, i hate injuries

They didn't expose anything, it was sitting there in plain site.

easterbeast
not that much better.......it was a terrible game on both sides

Rudyy
09-05-2012, 11:39 PM
No such thing as a "fluke" game. They played better. End of story.

giantsfan420
09-05-2012, 11:40 PM
i give dallas credit. but 1rst and 30? A 48 yd run when two missed tackled behind the LOS?
even that 3rd conversion that sealed it, holding penalty to give us a chance, and tryon doesnt understand defending the marker...very flukey. all the dropped passes. tryon after coe got hurt...

giantsfan420
09-05-2012, 11:40 PM
ok i worded it poorly. dallas scored 3 td's on very flukey plays. that better>

TheEnigma
09-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Give Claiborne and Carr credit. They are a huge improvement from Jenkins and Newman.

Also, Cruz and Webster made way too many mental mistakes in this game. Oh well.

Die-Hard
09-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Don't make excuses. The Giants were outplayed in pretty much every way, especially on the Oline. Accept it and move on

Rudyy
09-05-2012, 11:42 PM
i give dallas credit. but 1rst and 30? A 48 yd run when two missed tackled behind the LOS?
even that 3rd conversion that sealed it, holding penalty to give us a chance, and tryon doesnt understand defending the marker...very flukey. all the dropped passes. tryon after coe got hurt... You're sounding like Cowboy and Eagles fans now. Those aren't flukey plays. They saw our weaknesses and they capitalized off of them.

Crovaz
09-05-2012, 11:43 PM
I didn't understand the defense tonight. How many damn times do you have to see the slant to know it's coming? No pass rush, didn't even know Osi was on the field. Dallas was begging us to take the game from them with all those penalties. Giants looked liked they believed all the commentators that picked us and decided not to show.

giantsfan420
09-05-2012, 11:44 PM
ur saying that murray run wasnt flukey??????? ur saying that 1rst and 30 td happens regularly???? Ogeltree burning Web on a double move, that wasnt flukey? agree to disagree. i admit i worried it poorly, but dont compare me to those types...imo, there 3 td drives had flukey things greatly benefit them. it was flukey coe got hurt like that...a lot of stuff the giants can easily improve on imo/. this was our close to poorest performance and dallas's best imo

SackingMyths
09-05-2012, 11:45 PM
I didn't understand the defense tonight. How many damn times do you have to see the slant to know it's coming? No pass rush, didn't even know Osi was on the field. Dallas was begging us to take the game from them with all those penalties. Giants looked liked they believed all the commentators that picked us and decided not to show.

Historically, aren't those ALWAYS the games they blow?

It seemed almost too obvious to expect, but man. You can pretty much set your clock to it.

JB456
09-05-2012, 11:46 PM

As much as I dislike Dallas, I'll give credit where credit is due. They earned the W tonight.

Moving past this, does anyone know how serious the injury to Coe is? The thought of Tyron starting makes me want to play Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun....

Toadofsteel
It's not a fluke loss... the playcalling was downright atrocious. That single-handedly cost us the game. Run-Run-Pass hasn't worked in 15 years. Dallas deserved that win because they know how to call plays in the modern world. The Giants do best on offense when Eli calls the plays on the line, and on defense when we just get after the QB...

Die-Hard

The pass rush was gone because they were out there way too long. We had no run game, and receivers were dropping everything. When that happens, the defense is hung out to dry, and they are going to wear down. Dallas got their offense going and there was no stopping it. You simply can not keep your defense pinned against the wall like that all night. This was squarely on the offense, and particularly the Oline. Its a major problem

CowboysSuck
09-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Yeah, we got outplayed. Was it the first game of the season? Yea. Did the Cowboys play this game as if it were "their superbowl"? Yes. Is our secondary banged up? You bet.

The sky isn't falling, we just got our butts whooped, plain and simple. These Coughlin teams have been so Jeckly and Hyde you wont recognize the team from week to week.

We will get a nice 10 days rest and hopefully light a fire under the players asses and take it to Tampa Bay.

GiantWarfare
09-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Fluke? No. They wanted it more, and they out-executed us. End of story.

SackingMyths
09-05-2012, 11:49 PM
These Coughlin teams have been so Jeckly and Hyde you wont recognize the team from week to week.

That's why experts are gun shy about going all in on this team...they've been burnt badly in the past.

I don't know what to make of this team and I follow them religiously...how could they?

giantsfan420
09-05-2012, 11:49 PM
The pass rush was gone because they were out there way too long. We had no run game, and receivers were dropping everything. When that happens, the defense is hung out to dry, and they are going to wear down. Dallas got their offense going and there was no stopping it. You simply can not keep your defense pinned against the wall like that all night. This was squarely on the offense, and particularly the Oline. Its a major problem

lol r u serious? the scored like 3tds and a fg the last 4 possessions or something and ran the clock. id say it was a total team loss. it wasnt making the d too tired on 1rst and 2nd downs...just 3rd and forevers

nycisgreat
09-05-2012, 11:50 PM

I don't know how you came to that conclusion. This team got beat down and up down the field. Our Corners gave this game up. Tryon, Coe and Webster looked like high school CBs tonight.

giantsfan420
09-05-2012, 11:51 PM
I don't know how you came to that conclusion. This team got beat down and up down the field. Our Corners gave this game up. Tryon, Coe and Webster looked like high school CBs tonight.
i did word it poorly. i should have said that their 3 td drives all had huge, flukey plays...

Irish42
I think the DL did a good job for the most part. Why else did Dallas have so many holding penalties. We need some work on the OL and the secondary. I say congrats to Dallas, and the Giants will get them next time.

EmpireStateG
They didn't expose anything, it was sitting there in plain site.

No doubt. Dallas had 13 penalties, we only had 4, and they still won. The issues are out there for all to see.

BROADWAYSTORM
They won fair and square dude. They had injured guys too. Miles Austin played on one leg. Witten was basically a decoy. And they lost their starting center to a back injury early in the game. We never took advantage of that. Oh and their best nose tackle was out and we still could not run. Baas was getting dominated all game long.

TheEnigma
ur saying that murray run wasnt flukey??????? ur saying that 1rst and 30 td happens regularly???? Ogeltree burning Web on a double move, that wasnt flukey? agree to disagree. i admit i worried it poorly, but dont compare me to those types...imo, there 3 td drives had flukey things greatly benefit them. it was flukey coe got hurt like that...a lot of stuff the giants can easily improve on imo/. this was our close to poorest performance and dallas's best imo

Murray managed to stay on his feet when most RBs would go down. He displayed excellent balance on that play and not to mention, the Giants D gave up when they thought he was down.

Ogletree is a different receiver this year and Webster was too focused on Romo's eyes.

giantfan1976
09-05-2012, 11:52 PM

Respectfully, I don't agree with your post. You sound like Clay Mathews. The fact is that the DEs, Corey Webster and Victor Cruz didn't show up tonight, the CB and LB got got beat on the slant all night - and the coaches didn't correct it, and Dallas has a better run game than we do. The only "flukey" play was the Miles Austin touchdown catch over double coverage, and I can remember about 15 of those last year that went our way... part of football. We got beat by players and coaches that exposed our biggest weaknesses all night.

casvdry
09-05-2012, 11:54 PM

Flukey plays sometimes make the world of difference. It's a part of the NFL. Flukey plays can propel teams to the Superbowl and allow them to win it.

Think about that for a second.

Die-Hard
09-05-2012, 11:59 PM
lol r u serious? the scored like 3tds and a fg the last 4 possessions or something and ran the clock. id say it was a total team loss. it wasnt making the d too tired on 1rst and 2nd downs...just 3rd and forevers

Dallas had almost 10 more minutes of possession. Did you watch the game? Of course it was a total team loss, but when you get down to the bottom line, the offense failed miserably, and it caused the defense to be on the field a whole lot longer than they should have been. Ergo, they were worn down about midway through the 3rd, and were toast in the 4th. It was so obvious that Ray Charles would have seen it. No run game because of horrible run blocking, and even the pass blocking was far from good. Lots of 3 and outs, and guess what happens? Yep, the defense, which only had about a 3-4 minute real time break, is back out there again.

So to answer your question: lol r u serious?

Yes, I'm serious, and I'm right. Sorry that you can't see it.

giantfan1976
09-06-2012, 12:05 AM
Dallas had almost 10 more minutes of possession. Did you watch the game? Of course it was a total team loss, but when you get down to the bottom line, the offense failed miserably, and it caused the defense to be on the field a whole lot longer than they should have been. Ergo, they were worn down about midway through the 3rd, and were toast in the 4th. It was so obvious that Ray Charles would have seen it. No run game because of horrible run blocking, and even the pass blocking was far from good. Lots of 3 and outs, and guess what happens? Yep, the defense, which only had about a 3-4 minute real time break, is back out there again.

So to answer your question: lol r u serious?

Yes, I'm serious, and I'm right. Sorry that you can't see it.

It was 34 Minutes (DAL) to 26 Minutes (NYG). And don't forget that two of that was taking a knee. 32 to 28 isn't enough to blame the offense for the defense not being able to stop the Cowboys. The scores came late because the defense was tired - we agree. That's because they couldn't stop them on third down (or 1st, or 2nd, etc).

joemorrisforprez
09-06-2012, 12:06 AM
This loss was no fluke......this was about an excellent QB exploiting our secondary. Period.

Die-Hard
09-06-2012, 12:15 AM
It was 34 Minutes (DAL) to 26 Minutes (NYG). And don't forget that two of that was taking a knee. 32 to 28 isn't enough to blame the offense for the defense not being able to stop the Cowboys. The scores came late because the defense was tired - we agree. That's because they couldn't stop them on third down (or 1st, or 2nd, etc).

Exactly. Dallas didn't start lighting it up until late in the game. The defense never got a rest. 269 yds for the offense, and 433 for Dallas' offense. You can make the argument that the defense couldn't stop anyone, but the offense was almost non-existent for the better part of the game, which kept the defense on the field, and the fact that they were struggling already on their own didn't help.

We all have our own theories. The Giants lost, and they deserved to lose because of how they played. End of story

SackingMyths
09-06-2012, 12:17 AM
This loss was no fluke......this was about an excellent QB exploiting our secondary. Period.

So true. I know most of us hate to give Romo credit, but he was flawless today. Well...penalties aside.

Dallas scares me WAAAAAAY more than Philthy

CowboysSuck
09-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Yeah, we got outplayed. Was it the first game of the season? Yea. Did the Cowboys play this game as if it were "their superbowl"? Yes. Is our secondary banged up? You bet.

The sky isn't falling, we just got our butts whooped, plain and simple. These Coughlin teams have been so Jeckly and Hyde you wont recognize the team from week to week.

We will get a nice 10 days rest and hopefully light a fire under the players asses and take it to Tampa Bay.