PDA

View Full Version : Fewell cost us the game

bigblue999
09-06-2012, 12:37 AM
No blitz or getting in romo's face. He will continue to put the entire team in pass coverage and will ruin the season.

Pressure from D ware was why dallas won.

Fewell WILL cost us the season

nygfan90
09-06-2012, 12:41 AM
Kinda hard to get to the QB when he's getting the ball out in 2 seconds on a slant pass 75% of their pass plays. I'm not worried.

BlueSanta
09-06-2012, 12:41 AM
So all our great passrushers on the Dline and you think we need to blitz more players?

How about calling out the people responsible. JPP was essentially our entire passrush tonight. Osi was invisible and seemed out of shape. Tuck was somewhat invisible. You know we are in trouble when our 2nd best passrusher is Rocky Bernard, a guy who isnt even in on passing downs.

Toadofsteel
09-06-2012, 12:42 AM
No blitz or getting in romo's face. He will continue to put the entire team in pass coverage and will ruin the season.

And the 3 times he did blitz, he made it so painfully obvious that Kerry Collins could have audibled to make a play...

nYg24
09-06-2012, 12:43 AM
cant blitz when the back end cant cover.

ozzie0075
09-06-2012, 12:49 AM
This is more on the players than Fewell in my opinion. Tuck and Osi were basically non existent. Webby played terrible. Rolle took a bad angle on the Austin touchdown. Kiwi didn't wrap up on the Murray's big run and the rest of the D quit on the play. Chase was out of position on many plays. Coe and Tyron are just not good enough on the back end if the Dline can't get to Romo. JPP played very well tonight but the rest of the pass rush was not there to finish plays on his pressures.

bigblue999
09-06-2012, 12:50 AM
cant blitz when the back end cant cover.

Thats when you have to....they had a back up center...could have had kiwi constantly shoot up the middle

GiantsIn2003
09-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Third and long on the last play he drops Tuck in coverage. To me if you dont blitz you at least have your 4 best passrushers rush the passer not have one in coverage witch is his biggest weakness.

Crovaz
09-06-2012, 12:52 AM
I actually thought Coe played really well tonight, all things considered. But, now he's probably out 3-4 weeks with a hammy so we probably won't see him for a while.

Eliscruzzz
09-06-2012, 12:53 AM
You can throw Killdrive in there to have to throw the ball more you have an Elite QB with a lot of weapons let him throw

wado1
09-06-2012, 12:56 AM
The same Fewell that was damn responsible for last year's playoff run where the D played great?

Calm down.

nygfan90
09-06-2012, 12:56 AM
You can throw Killdrive in there to have to throw the ball more you have an Elite QB with a lot of weapons let him throwI was saying this the whole first half! Everytime we looked like we were driving down the field via passing, we'd run 2/3 plays and come up with a 3rd and 8. The D obviously knows you're gonna pass! ugh lol

JB456
09-06-2012, 12:58 AM
This is more on the players than Fewell in my opinion. Tuck and Osi were basically non existent. Webby played terrible. Rolle took a bad angle on the Austin touchdown. Kiwi didn't wrap up on the Murray's big run and the rest of the D quit on the play. Chase was out of position on many plays. Coe and Tyron are just not good enough on the back end if the Dline can't get to Romo. JPP played very well tonight but the rest of the pass rush was not there to finish plays on his pressures.

The sad part of is that it looked like Dallas got more pressure on Manning then the Giants put on Romo. Add in the fact the our Corners were playing like trash = disaster.

nycisgreat
09-06-2012, 12:58 AM

I am still not sure if this post should be in RED or what.

giantfan1976
09-06-2012, 12:59 AM

That's not why Fewell is to blame. He's to blame because he didn't put LBs on the slant route. We would have had 3 interceptions on that route had the defense received some coaching. Romo was throwing it blindly with no concern - and why would he... we didn't adjust.

Eliscruzzz
09-06-2012, 01:00 AM
I was saying this the whole first half! Everytime we looked like we were driving down the field via passing, we'd run 2/3 plays and come up with a 3rd and 8. The D obviously knows you're gonna pass! ugh lolI know it drives me nuts whenever we score when does it happen when Eli is calling the plays in the no huddles why we don't do this more and ware teams out I have no idea the performance was bad

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 01:01 AM

We pressured Romo all day. he made plays. He exploited our weakness in the secondary. Its def not on any coaches. In the NFL, they will take advantage of any weakness, especially at corner. We had our 3rd string corner out there.

nycisgreat
09-06-2012, 01:01 AM
We are weak at the corner position. It has nothing to do with Fewell. You can't bake a cake with a bag of oranges. We just don't have the right personnel at CB.

Blueshine
09-06-2012, 01:02 AM
He was thin on interior lineman but has no depth in the secondary. If he doesnt have the tools then he cant do the job.

joemorrisforprez
We could have used Aaron Ross tonight.

nycisgreat
We pressured Romo all day. he made plays. He exploited our weakness in the secondary. Its def not on any coaches. In the NFL, they will take advantage of any weakness, especially at corner. We had our 3rd string corner out there.

Bingo, bingo. That is the same thing I saw all night. Romo was flushed out of the pockets all night long. That little spin move that he has is killer. You have to give credit where credit is due. I hope FO call Bruce Johnson. We can let this fester to long.

nycisgreat
09-06-2012, 01:03 AM

I missed him tonight.

Drez
09-06-2012, 01:03 AM
I was saying this the whole first half! Everytime we looked like we were driving down the field via passing, we'd run 2/3 plays and come up with a 3rd and 8. The D obviously knows you're gonna pass! ugh lol
Or we'd take a sack. It's very easy to second guess plays from the comfort of your chair after knowing the result of the play.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
09-06-2012, 01:04 AM
You cant blame PF! The corners couldn't cover a slant, they let the WR's catch and run for first downs. It wasn't just Coe and Tyron either I saw Webster get beat more than afew times.

I mean seriously u blame PF...he had to defenders covering Austin on the 34 yd TD. The secondary played like ****!! Romo got the ball out his hands quickly and negated the pass rush. They just played a better game.

Toadofsteel

To be completely honest, Ross wouldn't have been any better the way PF was calling plays...

Morehead State
I know it drives me nuts whenever we score when does it happen when Eli is calling the plays in the no huddles why we don't do this more and ware teams out I have no idea the performance was bad
TYou CAN'T be that naive.....can you?
They were playing soft and trading yards for time on the clock. I will never understand how some fans don't get that. We play hurry up when we need to hurry up. In the middle of the game, defenses won't be playing off our guys. Thats why we move the ball better in no huddle.
How is it you don't know this?

giantsfan420
09-06-2012, 01:07 AM
They were playing soft and trading yards for time on the clock. I will never understand how some fans don't get that. We play hurry up when we need to hurry up. In the middle of the game, defenses won't be playing off our guys. Thats why we move the ball better in no huddle.
yeah, how do u not know dallas wants us to score. its late in the game, so theyre thinking "it doesnt matter if they score, lets just make em burn 3 minutes"...nah disagree on this 1

BlueBlooded1979
09-06-2012, 01:08 AM
It is pretty easy to cover up average CB play by adjusting the scheme. Fewell trying to play quarters/man under all night and got burned on slants and sideline routes. He is back to his old Tim Lewis tricks. How many times did you see Dallas WR get jammed at the line or LB slide to take away the underneath routes?

Eliscruzzz
09-06-2012, 01:09 AM
How is it you don't know this? So your f**** telling me that leaving Eli in 3rd and long after running the ball on 1st and 2nd down with a s*** O-line is not on KG the who's it on really you got an Elite QB and two stud WR and you don't throw the ball more and test the f**** rookie out I guess I am naive you have your opinions and I have mine.

Drez
09-06-2012, 01:10 AM
yeah, how do u not know dallas wants us to score. its late in the game, so theyre thinking "it doesnt matter if they score, lets just make em burn 3 minutes"...nah disagree on this 1
With a 14 point lead, I'm sure they're saying it doesn't matter much if they let us score if it leaves close to 2 minutes on the clock. Get a first down and game over. Guess what happened? They got a first and game over.

Rat_bastich
09-06-2012, 01:12 AM
Which Aaron Ross were you missing tonight? The one that got beat outright on long pass plays or the shoulder tackling one?

Drez
09-06-2012, 01:12 AM
So your f**** telling me that leaving Eli in 3rd and long after running the ball on 1st and 2nd down with a s*** O-line is not on KG the who's it on really you got an Elite QB and two stud WR and you don't throw the ball more and test the f**** rookie out I guess I am naive you have your opinions and I have mine.
The rookie rode pine after fumbling. That's a TC move, and I can't necessarily blame him. That fumble killed a great drive. Also, how do you know that Eli didn't check into those run plays?

BlueBlooded1979
09-06-2012, 01:13 AM

A LOT of teams go no huddle/hurry up in the middle of game to break the defensive rhythm. Baltimore is moving to that style and Indy ran it during Peyton's entire tenure. Dallas even did it tonight when we were putting it to them. How is it you don't know this ?

Eliscruzzz
09-06-2012, 01:15 AM
How is it you don't know this?What the F*** happened on the goaline again 2 runs in a row let's not even throw it up to MB our 6'6' TE and give him a chance really??? Were you seriously comfortable running the ball after watching our o-line?? Then what happens when we get the ball back another two runs Eli is in 3rd and long again. Finally you give up the run cause your down 14-3 and start throwing.what do you know we score. This team has to throw 1ST to open up the run not the other way around.

Morehead State
They don't want us to score but they are playing off guys to prevent a quick score. They're playing soft.
Why am I explaining NFL 101 to you? Do you honestly believe they were playing the same defense there as in the middle of the game?
That simply can't be possible. You DO more about the NFL than that...right?

SackingMyths
That's not why Fewell is to blame. He's to blame because he didn't put LBs on the slant route. We would have had 3 interceptions on that route had the defense received some coaching. Romo was throwing it blindly with no concern - and why would he... we didn't adjust.

Among the many things that went wrong today.

But I wholeheartedly agree that they should've start putting J-Will, Boley or whoever out a little wider to stop that. It was comical how wide open the slant was.

Eliscruzzz
09-06-2012, 01:16 AM
A LOT of teams go no huddle/hurry up in the middle of game to break the defensive rhythm. Baltimore is moving to that style and Indy ran it during Peyton's entire tenure. Dallas even did it tonight when we were putting it to them. How is it you don't know this ? Thank you someone with sense you would think someone with over 20,000 post would have it.

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 01:18 AM
So your f**** telling me that leaving Eli in 3rd and long after running the ball on 1st and 2nd down with a s*** O-line is not on KG the who's it on really you got an Elite QB and two stud WR and you don't throw the ball more and test the f**** rookie out I guess I am naive you have your opinions and I have mine.
Can you re ask that in English?
Too many *******'s to figure out what your point might have been.
My point is that Dallas was playing soft during our hurry up offense. To suggest that we would move the ball better in no huddle in the middle of the game because we move it well in "prevent defense" time is silly.

Eliscruzzz
09-06-2012, 01:19 AM
The rookie rode pine after fumbling. That's a TC move, and I can't necessarily blame him. That fumble killed a great drive. Also, how do you know that Eli didn't check into those run plays? I'm talking about MC on Dallas everytime Eli threw it to Nicks he was dragging him for 1st downs

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 01:21 AM
Thank you someone with sense you would think someone with over 20,000 post would have it.
You throw out 3/4 of the playbook in hurry up. If there is a substitution advantage I can understand it. Other than that its just another MB myth.
"Lets play hurry up all game...we move it so well at the end of the half or the end of the game"........Nonsense!

Eliscruzzz
09-06-2012, 01:25 AM
Can you re ask that in English?
Too many *******'s to figure out what your point might have been.
My point is that Dallas was playing soft during our hurry up offense. To suggest that we would move the ball better in no huddle in the middle of the game because we move it well in "prevent defense" time is silly. Why not everytime we were down last year and we went no huddle what happened even if the team needed to stop us from scoring a TD... WE SCORED. Green Bay, Patriots, Falcons, Broncos, Saints all do it cause why they have QB that can read defenses and exploit them which Eli can do If Joe f**** Flacco can do it Eli can. It's naive to me that you don't think it could work.

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 01:27 AM
Why not everytime we were down last year and we went no huddle what happened even if the team needed to stop us from scoring a TD... WE SCORED. Green Bay, Patriots, Falcons, Broncos, Saints all do it cause why they have QB that can read defenses and exploit them which Eli can do If Joe f**** Flacco can do it Eli can. It's naive to me that you don't think it could work.
Tonight the Cowboys were playing soft in the 4th quarter drive. Do you admit that or are you still in fantasyland?

Eliscruzzz
09-06-2012, 01:30 AM
You throw out 3/4 of the playbook in hurry up. If there is a substitution advantage I can understand it. Other than that its just another MB myth.
"Lets play hurry up all game...we move it so well at the end of the half or the end of the game"........Nonsense! Well that's what you think buddy.... if don't think Eli can do it shame on you then. KG has won us two SB so I'm not saying fire him but to say he doesn't deserve some blame tonite is blasphemy. You find something Eli can exploit then keep that same defense on the field, but you know everything Eli is the only elite qb that can't run the nohuddle according to you.

Toadofsteel
09-06-2012, 01:31 AM
Well that's what you think buddy.... if don't think Eli can do it shame on you then. KG has won us two SB so I'm not saying fire him but to say he doesn't deserve some blame tonite is blasphemy. You find something Eli can exploit then keep that same defense on the field, but you know everything Eli is the only elite qb that can't run the nohuddle according to you.

KG didn't win us 2 super bowls, Eli did. Eli does so much better when he calls the plays himself...

The sad thing is, KG could be very great at what he does, if only he didn't stick to the run-run-pass formula so much.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-06-2012, 01:32 AM
So all our great passrushers on the Dline and you think we need to blitz more players?

How about calling out the people responsible. JPP was essentially our entire passrush tonight. Osi was invisible and seemed out of shape. Tuck was somewhat invisible. You know we are in trouble when our 2nd best passrusher is Rocky Bernard, a guy who isnt even in on passing downs.I barely knew OSI played tonight, even my other friends asked if he was even in tonight!

Eliscruzzz
09-06-2012, 01:34 AM
Tonight the Cowboys were playing soft in the 4th quarter drive. Do you admit that or are you still in fantasyland? Go ahead keep avoiding the question as to why all these other teams can do it besides the Giants I see how you are a condescending little punk that thinks his opinions are always right. Grow up man just cause I don't agree with you doesn't mean your right. I can say to you what about the regular season game with the Patriots, what about the game in Dallas last year, what about the Arizona game?

nycisgreat
09-06-2012, 01:34 AM
Which Aaron Ross were you missing tonight? The one that got beat outright on long pass plays or the shoulder tackling one?

The one that never got killed the way Tryon, Coe and CW play after play. I haven't seen bad play by CBs only in a while. If I didn't know any better, I would've thought Phillips was play CB instead of CB and Tryon.

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 01:36 AM
Well that's what you think buddy.... if don't think Eli can do it shame on you then. KG has won us two SB so I'm not saying fire him but to say he doesn't deserve some blame tonite is blasphemy. You find something Eli can exploit then keep that same defense on the field, but you know everything Eli is the only elite qb that can't run the nohuddle according to you.
Don't even try to go there. Thats not the offense we run. If you want to run that kind of offense then we need to get a new OC. Its not about what Eli can or can't run. Eli has shown that he can make the clutch throws when he needs to. In no huddle or not.
My point is that to say that since we moved it well late in the no huddle while Dallas was playing prevent, we can automatically run it just as well in the middle of the game is nonsense.
Its a point made on this MB for years by a few posters and its just not based in reality. As I said, if you want to install a completely new offense then lets get a new offensive coaching staff, go back to camp and start with a brand new offense. That will take a year or so. I say we've done well with the scheme we have.

Eliscruzzz
09-06-2012, 01:36 AM
KG didn't win us 2 super bowls, Eli did. Eli does so much better when he calls the plays himself...

The sad thing is, KG could be very great at what he does, if only he didn't stick to the run-run-pass formula so much. This all I'm trying to say Eli is great at calling his own plays they need to let him do it more ++++1.

Toadofsteel
09-06-2012, 01:37 AM
Don't even try to go there. Thats not the offense we run. If you want to run that kind of offense then we need to get a new OC. Its not about what Eli can or can't run. Eli has shown that he can make the clutch throws when he needs to. In no huddle or not.
My point is that to say that since we moved it well late in the no huddle while Dallas was playing prevent, we can automatically run it just as well in the middle of the game is nonsense.
Its a point made on this MB for years by a few posters and its just not based in reality. As I said, if you want to install a completely new offense then lets get a new offensive coaching staff, go back to camp and start with a brand new offense. That will take a year or so. I say we've done well with the scheme we have.

Because Run Run Pass on EVERY SERIES has worked for the past 15 years in the NFL

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 01:38 AM
Go ahead keep avoiding the question as to why all these other teams can do it besides the Giants I see how you are a condescending little punk that thinks his opinions are always right. Grow up man just cause I don't agree with you doesn't mean your right. I can say to you what about the regular season game with the Patriots, what about the game in Dallas last year, what about the Arizona game?
I'll PM my address to you and you can call me a little punk to my face. Let me know if you want me to do that. Until then, keep it about football and not personal. In other words, shut your little chicken **** mouth or back it up.

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 01:39 AM
This all I'm trying to say Eli is great at calling his own plays they need to let him do it more ++++1.
Eli has the freedom to get out of any play and call whatever he wants. We don't need to go no huddle for that.

GMenOnDeck
09-06-2012, 01:39 AM
Im sorry bout 1st and 30 ... Really Really...

Eliscruzzz
09-06-2012, 01:41 AM
Its a point made on this MB for years by a few posters and its just not based in reality. As I said, if you want to install a completely new offense then lets get a new offensive coaching staff, go back to camp and start with a brand new offense. That will take a year or so. I say we've done well with the scheme we have.So your telling their hasn't been OC change their game plan to suit their QB's strength??? I am in reality and from what I see you can slightly change the offense especially if it makes the other defense tired...... we get it done to us all the time.

Eliscruzzz
09-06-2012, 01:44 AM
Eli has the freedom to get out of any play and call whatever he wants. We don't need to go no huddle for that.Yeah your right but he can also do this in the no huddle too..... if your cool with run, run, pass, and being predictable then I don't know what to say to you.

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 01:44 AM
So your telling their hasn't been OC change their game plan to suit their QB's strength??? I am in reality and from what I see you can slightly change the offense especially if it makes the other defense tired...... we get it done to us all the time.
As I said, our QB has the power to call any play at any time. He calls every blocking scheme and gets out of plays when he sees fit. For all practical purposes, he does run the offense. But he does it within the KG scheme, which is essentially the only one he's worked in for his entire career.
I think its worked well.

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Yeah your right but he can also do this in the no huddle too..... if your cool with run, run, pass, and being predictable then I don't know what to say to you.
Eli could have audibled out of any of those plays based on the defense.

Eliscruzzz
09-06-2012, 01:47 AM
I'll PM my address to you and you can call me a little punk to my face. Let me know if you want me to do that. Until then, keep it about football and not personal. In other words, shut your little chicken **** mouth or back it up. Well that's what your are it must be nice to be a tough guy behind a computer when we are 500 miles apart if you think I'm scared of keyboard warrior you got another thing coming you're the one that was condescending to me 1st so whatever..... keep acting tough.

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 01:49 AM
Well that's what your are it must be nice to be a tough guy behind a computer when we are 500 miles apart if you think I'm scared of keyboard warrior you got another thing coming you're the one that was condescending to me 1st so whatever..... keep acting tough.
You started with the name calling son. I'm making football arguments. You can agree or disagree if you like.

Eliscruzzz
09-06-2012, 01:50 AM
As I said, our QB has the power to call any play at any time. He calls every blocking scheme and gets out of plays when he sees fit. For all practical purposes, he does run the offense. But he does it within the KG scheme, which is essentially the only one he's worked in for his entire career.
I think its worked well. Thank you for making my point if Eli can change the play whenever he wants and usually is less predictable then run, run, pass why not let let him tire out defenses while he's at it????

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 01:50 AM
Well that's what your are it must be nice to be a tough guy behind a computer when we are 500 miles apart if you think I'm scared of keyboard warrior you got another thing coming you're the one that was condescending to me 1st so whatever..... keep acting tough.
You're doing all the tough talk. I was talking about the game.

Toadofsteel
09-06-2012, 01:51 AM

Then the big question is why didn't he? He's usually good about those sorts of things...

ShakeandBake
09-06-2012, 01:51 AM

This. It boggles my mind how some people automatically place the blame solely on the shoulders of KG when they do not even know when or what play Eli is calling an audible to. In addition to that, we as fans need to realize that this is not Madden and we can not just abandon the run because our run blocking is atrocious. Calling a passing play 100% of the time on offense as some fans seem to want us to do is not realistic.

Eliscruzzz
09-06-2012, 01:52 AM
You started with the name calling son. I'm making football arguments. You can agree or disagree if you like. I'm not your son let's get that straight....and yes I disagree with every point you made.

oldfandepot
09-06-2012, 01:54 AM
The defense is the same as last year. The best play they had last year was the dropped passes by the opposing team. The defense stinks and Cruz showed tonight why he went to UMASS and was undrafted.

Eliscruzzz
09-06-2012, 01:55 AM
This. It boggles my mind how some people automatically place the blame solely on the shoulders of KG when they do not even know when or what play Eli is calling an audible to. In addition to that, we as fans need to realize that this is not Madden and we can not just abandon the run because our run blocking is atrocious. Calling a passing play 100% of the time on offense as some fans seem to want us to do is not realistic. no one is saying "abandon the run" people are saying we were to predictable tonite were we not??? Who does that fall on??? Why not pass to open up the run for a change seemed to work last year in the playoffs.

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 01:56 AM
Thank you for making my point if Eli can change the play whenever he wants and usually is less predictable then run, run, pass why not let let him tire out defenses while he's at it????
Its not the offense we play. Too many sight adjustments which give our WR's a huge advantage. Too much nuance in our attack. We would take away what makes our offense dynamic.
You guys see us move in the no huddle and assume it can work for the entire game. Its just not the case. Thats why we do very little of it. We have one of the most complex offenses in the league. It makes us very hard to prepare for. We give that up by playing no huddle. I suppose there can be a case where it might help, but thats in specific situations, like if we want to keep a team out of nickel or dime or if they like to rotate D linemen, but it doesn't translate simply because it works when defense are playing soft.

Toadofsteel
This. It boggles my mind how some people automatically place the blame solely on the shoulders of KG when they do not even know when or what play Eli is calling an audible to. In addition to that, we as fans need to realize that this is not Madden and we can not just abandon the run because our run blocking is atrocious. Calling a passing play 100% of the time on offense as some fans seem to want us to do is not realistic.

In the NFL of old, you ran to set up the pass. In the modern NFL, you pass to set up the run. When Dallas figured that out they piled on the points. The Giants didn't adapt, and that's how they ended up getting completely outplayed...

Morehead State
I'm not your son let's get that straight....and yes I disagree with every point you made.
How do you know?

SackingMyths
09-06-2012, 01:58 AM
Its not the offense we play. Too many sight adjustments which give our WR's a huge advantage. Too much nuance in our attack. We would take away what makes our offense dynamic.
You guys see us move in the no huddle and assume it can work for the entire game. Its just not the case. Thats why we do very little of it. We have one of the most complex offenses in the league. It makes us very hard to prepare for. We give that up by playing no huddle. I suppose there can be a case where it might help, but thats in specific situations, like if we want to keep a team out of nickel or dime or if they like to rotate D linemen, but it doesn't translate simply because it works when defense are playing soft.

I admire you for staying with this the whole time. Idk..you either understand the scheme or you don't

ShakeandBake
09-06-2012, 02:00 AM
no one is saying "abandon the run" people are saying we were to predictable tonite were we not??? Who does that fall on??? Why not pass to open up the run for a change seemed to work last year in the playoffs.

I do not think we were predictable, even though it may seem that way considering Dallas had their way with us all game. I think that more of the blame has to fall on the backs of our offensive line and how terrible they were in the running game, which in essence made us more one dimensional and predictable. I do not believe that our OC should take the blame for this loss.

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 02:00 AM
no one is saying "abandon the run" people are saying we were to predictable tonite were we not??? Who does that fall on??? Why not pass to open up the run for a change seemed to work last year in the playoffs.
I counted 35 passing plays and 19 runs. I know we were behind but thats a bad %.
And were you complaining when Bradshaw went for 30+ in the 4th quarter which set up a TD? Probably not.

SanAntonioGiant
09-06-2012, 02:01 AM
NOT reading anything on this thread but I agree with the Thread Title!

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 02:04 AM
NOT reading anything on this thread but I agree with the Thread Title!
What cost us the game is that we were down to our worst corner, and Romo exploited it. How many of us knew that slant was coming on 3rd and long at the end of the game? All of us.
What cost us the game is that the O line played lousy and couldn't run block or protect the QB. The coaches had nothing to do with it. Our scheme is fine. Its the same scheme that won a SB last year. We're just banged up at the MOST vulnerable position on the defense.

Eliscruzzz
09-06-2012, 02:11 AM
I counted 35 passing plays and 19 runs. I know we were behind but thats a bad %.
And were you complaining when Bradshaw went for 30+ in the 4th quarter which set up a TD? Probably not.Yeah after we were down 14-3 and had to play catch up so what's your point if the run game in no existent in the 1st half then throw the ball to open up the run game that's all it's a joke I was sitting there all night predicting what they would do so was everyone else on the board.

SanAntonioGiant
09-06-2012, 02:12 AM
What cost us the game is that we were down to our worst corner, and Romo exploited it. How many of us knew that slant was coming on 3rd and long at the end of the game? All of us.
What cost us the game is that the O line played lousy and couldn't run block or protect the QB. The coaches had nothing to do with it. Our scheme is fine. Its the same scheme that won a SB last year. We're just banged up at the MOST vulnerable position on the defense.
The D-Scheme was not fine!
Did you see the D, Romo got whatever he wanted!! So much for the best D-line in the league!
If the D-line does thier job it doesnt metter whos back in the secondary!

Eliscruzzz
09-06-2012, 02:13 AM
What cost us the game is that the O line played lousy and couldn't run block or protect the QB. The coaches had nothing to do with it. Our scheme is fine. Its the same scheme that won a SB last year. We're just banged up at the MOST vulnerable position on the defense. We can go on and on all night who is right and who is wrong lets just say you have your thoughts and I have mine not bashing you for it just I disagree. In the end we all route for the same team.

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 02:18 AM
Yeah after we were down 14-3 and had to play catch up so what's your point if the run game in no existent in the 1st half then throw the ball to open up the run game that's all it's a joke I was sitting there all night predicting what they would do so was everyone else on the board.
We didn't execute. the O line played lousy and couldn't run block or protect. No play calling is going to change that. ANY playcalling is going to look bad when you don't execute.
this loss had nothing to do with scheme or playcalling. The players lost the game and the players have to pick it up next week.

Eliscruzzz
09-06-2012, 02:25 AM
We didn't execute. the O line played lousy and couldn't run block or protect. No play calling is going to change that. ANY playcalling is going to look bad when you don't execute.
this loss had nothing to do with scheme or playcalling. The players lost the game and the players have to pick it up next week.And I agree with you but the blame goes on the coaches too I have no doubt in my mind our F*****team is going to come out and destroy Tampa Bay. Me and you agree on one thing they all need to look in the mirror and come out with a better effort. I knew the game was lost as soon as Chris Berman picked us.(jk) Whether it's the no huddle or KG play calling the better excute better like you said.

Spytheweb
09-06-2012, 02:33 AM
This is what happens when you get fat and happy, you get careful. Why drop back in coverage, if you can't cover?

BurnerNYG
09-06-2012, 02:42 AM
Instead of rushing him on that last play they should've put their hands up to tip the ball. I mean give a push but keep your eyes on him and bat the ball back in his face.

GFiP
09-06-2012, 03:05 AM
Their corners were physical at the line and blanketed our WRs for the most part. Our corners played soft zone the entire game. Why does Fewell keep doing this when it's never worked?

bigblue999
09-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Fewell plays like a coward. The zone coverages DON'T work. Fewell has to realize that GB, SF, and the Pats all had receivers drop balls that could have changed the outcome of the game. Whenever we had a rush - blitz and pressure we got in the head of the QB and forced them to make mistakes.

The whole point is to make the QB uncomfortable. To harass him so that he is not mentally focused.

Big difference in the Giants defensive under Spags and Fewell....Fewell's a coward that breeds cowardliness into the men training them to prevent...Spags treated the defense like warriors training them to attack the prey.

I expect the defense to be once again last in the league against the run. It's not cause of talent its cause of the cowardliness that is imposed by a coward running the defense.

GMENAGAIN
09-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Fewell plays like a coward. The zone coverages DON'T work. Fewell has to realize that GB, SF, and the Pats all had receivers drop balls that could have changed the outcome of the game. Whenever we had a rush - blitz and pressure we got in the head of the QB and forced them to make mistakes.

The whole point is to make the QB uncomfortable. To harass him so that he is not mentally focused.

Big difference in the Giants defensive under Spags and Fewell....Fewell's a coward that breeds cowardliness into the men training them to prevent...Spags treated the defense like warriors training them to attack the prey.

I expect the defense to be once again last in the league against the run. It's not cause of talent its cause of the cowardliness that is imposed by a coward running the defense.

lol . . . . this stuff is just hysterical.

I love it when guys call other guys cowards from the comfort of the couch in their Mom's basement . . . . .

YATittle1962
09-06-2012, 12:38 PM
lol . . . . this stuff is just hysterical.

I love it when guys call other guys cowards from the comfort of the couch in their Mom's basement . . . . .

especially when they don't understand that Spagnuolo had these guys dropping into zones as much if not more than Fewell

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 12:41 PM
especially when they don't understand that Spagnuolo had these guys dropping into zones as much if not more than Fewell
Plus I thought we had good pressure all game. Romo did a nice job eluding the rush and made some plays. Gotta give credit where its due here.

YATittle1962
09-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Plus I thought we had good pressure all game. Romo did a nice job eluding the rush and made some plays. Gotta give credit where its due here.

he has always been a slippery *******

:)

ImElectric2
09-06-2012, 12:43 PM
No, he didn't. /thread

RoanokeFan
09-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Thats when you have to....they had a back up center...could have had kiwi constantly shoot up the middle

Which NFL team do you coach for?

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Which NFL team do you coach for?
Essentially most of our pass rush came from the middle. Clearly we did that to try to take away the quick passes which we all knew they were going to feature.
Romo just made good plays to avoid that rush and exploited our weak corner. I just think the entire game came down to that.

BeatYale
09-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Third and long on the last play he drops Tuck in coverage. To me if you dont blitz you at least have your 4 best passrushers rush the passer not have one in coverage witch is his biggest weakness.

If it were only as simple as you make it sound. It's not. A zone blitz typically has a DL drop into cvoerage and it can confuse the OL's assignments. Fans love making ******ed comments about play calling in hind sight. It's really too difficult for any of us to judge a play call when the outcome pretty much relies on execution. Players have to win their match ups, they have to play good football.

BillTheGreek
09-06-2012, 04:23 PM
What the F*** happened on the goaline again 2 runs in a row let's not even throw it up to MB our 6'6' TE and give him a chance really??? Were you seriously comfortable running the ball after watching our o-line?? Then what happens when we get the ball back another two runs Eli is in 3rd and long again. Finally you give up the run cause your down 14-3 and start throwing.what do you know we score. This team has to throw 1ST to open up the run not the other way around.

TRUE ! TRUE ! TRUE ! i say the same thing, our ground game is in disrepair ..............Go to the air , 90 % of the time......even if you have to throw the ball to our backs.........running gets us no where but 3 and OUT ! Pass untill you can Fix the OL and running game.

BigBlue1971
09-06-2012, 04:30 PM
[QUOTE=giantfan1976;473800]That's not why Fewell is to blame. He's to blame because he didn't put LBs on the slant route. We would have had 3 interceptions on that route had the defense received some coaching. Romo was throwing it blindly with no concern - and why would he... we didn't adjust.[/QUOTE

+1. they never showed any signs of adjusting. they let the cowboys take advantage of their lapse in execution!

GameTime
09-06-2012, 04:41 PM
so after reading this thread I find out that Glbride and Fewell will cost the Giants their season....good thing they weren;t the coaches last year....oh wait....

please....calm down already. bad game we get that.