PDA

View Full Version : Webster = Goat

Roosevelt
09-06-2012, 12:42 AM
And we were worried about Coe.

C'mon Corey, how about playing some ball?

nhpgiantsfan
09-06-2012, 12:50 AM
Cruz should be embarressed also

Azeemdadream
09-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Webster is so streaky. I fell like all of Giants CB's are streaky. That's how T. Thomas was, so was A. Ross and you can already tell that's the direction Prince is going in. I don't thinkwe've ever had a dominating, shut down corner who was conssitent

JB456
09-06-2012, 12:52 AM

Agreed. It looked like all of his drops were perfect passes (Right in between the numbers). He'll bounce back quick. He is the least of our worries...

Roosevelt
09-06-2012, 12:53 AM

You're right but Cruz is a puppy.

Webster should be a leader.

Roosevelt
09-06-2012, 12:54 AM
Webster is so streaky. I fell like all of Giants CB's are streaky. That's how T. Thomas was, so was A. Ross and you can already tell that's the direction Prince is going in. I don't thinkwe've ever had a dominating, shut down corner who was conssitent

I think you're right.

Rod-Diggity
09-06-2012, 01:01 AM
coe's injury is the reason we lost not webster there offense opened up as soon as coe left tryon=goat romo picked on him like the fat kid in gym class it was terrible

fizzlesticks
09-06-2012, 01:03 AM
coe's injury is the reason we lost

That is absolutely laughable.

FUUFNF
09-06-2012, 01:04 AM
Tryon was getting torched. I still don't know why he was playing the reciever outside on that 3rd & 12. Shoulda knew the slant was coming.

Jppallday
09-06-2012, 01:04 AM

Shutdown corners are one in a million. the only team with a shut down corner is the New York Jets. Don't be so hard on Webster, he is a top ten corner, just had a bad game.. it happens

nhpgiantsfan
09-06-2012, 01:06 AM
Shutdown corners are one in a million. the only team with a shut down corner is the New York Jets. Don't be so hard on Webster, he is a top ten corner, just had a bad game.. it happens

CWebb is decent but way overrated on these boards.

Roosevelt
09-06-2012, 01:07 AM
coe's injury is the reason we lost not webster there offense opened up as soon as coe left tryon=goat romo picked on him like the fat kid in gym class it was terrible

Webster is paid to be a shut-down corner. He was far from it tonight.

Jppallday
CWebb is decent but way overrated on these boards.

I mean who played well against him in the playoffs last year?

Morehead State
And we were worried about Coe.

C'mon Corey, how about playing some ball?
I hate to disagree with my friend but Webby was fine out there. The TD was on KP for biting on play action from Romo.
This was about our 4th or 5th (or whatever he was) corner out there to be exploited. Its what happens in the NFL.

Rod-Diggity
Tryon was getting torched. I still don't know why he was playing the reciever outside on that 3rd & 12. Shoulda knew the slant was coming.

word I was wondering when they were gonna put hosley in

joemorrisforprez
09-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Webster, Cruz, and Blackburn all played poorly.

That was a 9-7 team I saw, not the SB Champs.

Maybe a little kick in the pants will get the confetti out of their asses.

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Webster is paid to be a shut-down corner. He was far from it tonight.
Webby is a solid corner but hardly a shutdown corner. To suggest otherwise is nonsense.

fizzlesticks
09-06-2012, 01:09 AM
I hate to disagree with my friend but Webby was fine out there. The TD was on KP for biting on play action from Romo.
This was about our 4th or 5th (or whatever he was) corner out there to be exploited. Its what happens in the NFL.

?? CWeb got raped by the play action.

Americas Team
09-06-2012, 01:10 AM
Cruz and Webster looked horrible as the 5 time champs steamrolled the Giants. Go Boys!

Jppallday
09-06-2012, 01:12 AM
Cruz and Webster looked horrible as the 5 time champs steamrolled the Giants. Go Boys!

lol look at this guy. why don't you just rotate... D rider

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Cruz and Webster looked horrible as the 5 time champs steamrolled the Giants. Go Boys!You are right about both, but to come onto these boards tonight to start **** is way off kilter. Go to smack talk you *****! I am sure your mother is looking for her lotion and her dildo!

Buddy333
09-06-2012, 01:15 AM
Webster was not fine. He was torched a few times. Looked confused out there.

Rod-Diggity
09-06-2012, 01:16 AM

we're gonna show you why cowboys stadium shall be renamed Eli Stadium buddy so bask n ur lil victory, bet you go 1-5 in the nfc east

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-06-2012, 01:16 AM
Cruz and Webster looked horrible as the 5 time champs steamrolled the Giants. Go Boys!BTW there wasnt a steam roller anywhere to be found, if you didnt watch the game, Cruz had a dalass defender raping him in the endzone which was never called and only resulted in a Gmen field goal. Be Gone!

BlueBlooded1979
09-06-2012, 01:17 AM
Coe was abused on about 6 slants before he hurt his vag. Cruz dropped about 100 yards worth of plays and the OL was as bad as I have ever seen. Fewell/Killdrive called one of the worst games ever.

Webster got beat badly once and had an average game otherwise. Far from the goat of the game though.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-06-2012, 01:18 AM
Coe was abused on about 6 slants before he hurt his vag. Cruz dropped about 100 yards worth of plays and the OL was as bad as I have ever seen. Fewell/Killdrive called one of the worst games ever.

Webster got beat badly once and had an average game otherwise. Far from the goat of the game though.HERE WE GO!!!!!!!! Start the kill Gilbride thread and get it over with.

Rod-Diggity
09-06-2012, 01:22 AM

Webster got beat badly once and had an average game otherwise. Far from the goat of the game though.
coe was holding his own and saved td tryon got torched on every single freaking play dude was a roman candle out there

fizzlesticks
09-06-2012, 01:24 AM
coe was holding his own and saved td tryon got torched on every single freaking play dude was a roman candle out there

Coe got beat on that play just like all the other, he only got a hand on it because it was thrown behind the receiver.

Buddy333
09-06-2012, 01:28 AM
Coe made 1 play tonight on an under thrown ball by Romo. Oher than that he was getting toasted all night long.

bebil10
09-06-2012, 01:48 AM
first game of the year, webster has been one of the best corners in the league since the end of the first superbowl years, even the best have off days.

BurnerNYG
09-06-2012, 01:57 AM
Usually defenses are behind the 1st week or so, I don't blame our D at all. This is a passing league...I'm not blaming Eli either but we should've been able to put up more points. I missed the 1st half so I'll try to watch it so I can give a better assessment. Did Barden and Randle play? Why were the Dallas corners glued to our receivers like they knew our plays? GB & NO lit it up last year. Besides the playoffs, The Giants need to stay off primetime. Jerry Jones is somewhere tooting his own horn.

bearbryant
09-06-2012, 02:00 AM
Shut down CB's get beat too, Not one CB is perfect. Cruz made revis dance a few weeks ago, more than one time, too. I seen webby get lazy in other games,too. He's streaky. Did it against Moss & Welker. He is what he is: our best CB, right now! CB is our scariest position now! Go Giants!

Spytheweb
09-06-2012, 02:35 AM
I seen Webster do this before, he just gets lazy.

shockeyisjesus
09-06-2012, 02:35 AM
That is absolutely laughable.

Actually no it isn't. The entire game changed when he went out and Kevin freaking Ogletree started abusing Tryon.

How can anyone with even the most minimal of football knowledge not see that was the difference in the game tonight? A long TD give up, a ton of slant routes given up and the game clinching first down on 3 and 10 give up, ALL ON TRYON.

Your post is absolutely laughable.

GFiP
09-06-2012, 02:47 AM
Coe made 1 play tonight on an under thrown ball by Romo. Oher than that he was getting toasted all night long.

This.. I don't really get all of the Coe love. He was getting beaten consistently.

fizzlesticks
09-06-2012, 02:54 AM
Actually no it isn't. The entire game changed when he went out and Kevin freaking Ogletree started abusing Tryon.

How can anyone with even the most minimal of football knowledge not see that was the difference in the game tonight? A long TD give up, a ton of slant routes given up and the game clinching first down on 3 and 10 give up, ALL ON TRYON.

Your post is absolutely laughable.

Ogletree abused Coe and Webster, then continued after Tryon came in.

Buto
09-06-2012, 03:00 AM
Our corners look really slow against their receivers.
They just look slow to me.

stormblue
09-06-2012, 03:17 AM

he is top 10 in salary only.

he was bottom 10 in defenses per target.
he was bottom 10 in YAC per completed target.

oh , he is also top 10 on this team. for all that's worth.

Antwuan
09-06-2012, 04:28 AM
Awful Game By Corey Webster.

Roosevelt
09-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Webby is a solid corner but hardly a shutdown corner. To suggest otherwise is nonsense.

That's why I said he's paid to be. And he can go through stretches of being very very good. But last night he looked terrible.

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 01:22 PM
That's why I said he's paid to be. And he can go through stretches of being very very good. But last night he looked terrible.
If the team is paying him to be a shutdown corner thats on the team. There are only 2 or 3 of those in the league. If that. Maybe just Revis.

loaded30
09-06-2012, 01:27 PM
coe's injury is the reason we lost not webster there offense opened up as soon as coe left tryon=goat romo picked on him like the fat kid in gym class it was terribleThis is what exactly happened. Our defense was completely shutting them down before Coe went down.

Jppallday
09-06-2012, 01:30 PM
he is top 10 in salary only.

he was bottom 10 in defenses per target.
he was bottom 10 in YAC per completed target.

oh , he is also top 10 on this team. for all that's worth.

Name me ten better corners then

Giants5699
09-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Webster had a bad game. It happens.

BigBlue1971
09-06-2012, 01:36 PM
yea Webby bit us and bit on some double moves last night! he wasnt good at all. but to be honest all of the defense should ashamed!

bklyn1028
09-06-2012, 01:36 PM

I don't understand.....(you're right, this is for the guy you responded to).........Webster wasn't streaky last year when we played the final games......constantly puzzles me how some people on this board after ONE game, all of a sudden.....this guy, or that guy sucks, lets get someone else....I'm surprised Gilbride's head hasn't been mentioned yet.

Roosevelt
09-06-2012, 01:44 PM
If the team is paying him to be a shutdown corner thats on the team. There are only 2 or 3 of those in the league. If that. Maybe just Revis.

Okay, maybe shut-down corners wasn't the best choice of words. But Corey is good enough that he should be in a position to make a play on every pass. He looked like the weak link vs Coe.