PDA

View Full Version : Bright spots in the loss

drewz
09-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Keith Rivers looked amazing in shutting down the run, where was he down the stretch?

Martellus Bennett made some good plays in the passing game, including that late touchdown.

JPP still looks dominant as he did last year

What else ya'll got?

NYGiants1411
09-06-2012, 01:05 AM
Nicks seems okay
Bradshaw made the most of the bad line with some good cut backs.
Manning looked like himself except for the one overthrown but I think that's not a big deal. That one pass deep in double coverage where hixon fought for it was unbelievable.

If the line gets it together Wilson looks like he can blow past defenses.

FUUFNF
09-06-2012, 01:07 AM
Eli was a bit off tonight, but I'm not overly concerned about that. Wilson looked like he was gonna cry after that fumble.

Bigbluefan77
09-06-2012, 01:09 AM
wilson was sent to the doghouse on that one
positives?
JPP, our DT position, Nicks looking good, and Bradshaw in mid season form, Eli being Eli

Crovaz
09-06-2012, 01:13 AM
I thought I heard them say something about Rivers hamstring at some point, could be wrong.

Wilson will probably get bumped on the depth chart after that. Anyone remember seeing Da'Rel Scott after he fumbled last year?

Honestly, I didn't see too many bright spots besides Weatherfords punting.

appodictic
09-06-2012, 01:15 AM
unlikely wilson will move on the depth chart.

titwio
09-06-2012, 01:16 AM
Wilson looked like he was gonna cry after that fumble.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1339269/crywilson_medium.gif

He was legit crying...

Toadofsteel
09-06-2012, 01:17 AM
Keith Rivers looked amazing in shutting down the run, where was he down the stretch?
I think he had a hammy, hope he's okay, we're going to need him. Definitely a force to be reckoned with, and definitely what we needed in that position

Martellus Bennett made some good plays in the passing game, including that late touchdown.
Bennett is going to be freaking baller. The lone bright spot on the offensive line is his blocking. If he can block Ryan Kerrigan we might even win against Washington!

Good thing too... Tuck looked like his washed up self from most of last year, and Osi took his money and ran... I was hoping to see more Ojomo on the field by the end of the game.

SackingMyths
09-06-2012, 01:20 AM

If that's how they're gonna let teams "stop" JPP this season, then my living room tv is just not gonna go unscathed this winter.

He looked ridiculous, and should've drew at least 4 holding penalties (just counting the blatant ones)

sharick88
09-06-2012, 01:27 AM
They only way JPP was stopped was when he got held, which honestly was like 75% of the time. He had a good game.

Toadofsteel
09-06-2012, 01:28 AM
They only way JPP was stopped was when he got held, which honestly was like 75% of the time. He had a good game.

Indeed... I haven't wanted Bill Leavy back this much in ever...

mattpl908
09-06-2012, 01:33 AM
Eli was a bit off tonight, but I'm not overly concerned about that. Wilson looked like he was gonna cry after that fumble.

There's an article on NFL.com about him crying on camera

Axels17
09-06-2012, 01:34 AM
Hosley was quiet in the slot. Good thing for a corner to be

bearbryant
09-06-2012, 01:36 AM
OMG drewz you're 100% with Rivers. looked like a first rounder!?!? Hope the hammy is not the major type! Bennett strutted his stuff tonight; Good luck w/ ballard, belicheat! Like I asked: Why didn't Osi and Tuck play tonight. We might ned to put a fork in both of them. On that Murray run I watched Osi walking down the filed like he was out for a strool in the park, DISGUSTING! OJOMO AND JPP... You go boys!
I think he had a hammy, hope he's okay, we're going to need him. Definitely a force to be reckoned with, and definitely what we needed in that position

Bennett is going to be freaking baller. The lone bright spot on the offensive line is his blocking. If he can block Ryan Kerrigan we might even win against Washington!

Good thing too... Tuck looked like his washed up self from most of last year, and Osi took his money and ran... I was hoping to see more Ojomo on the field by the end of the game.

sharick88
09-06-2012, 01:37 AM
There's an article on NFL.com about him crying on camera

I honestly felt bad for him. Everyone fumbles every once in a while. I would have went right back to him to show that we still believe in the guy. I felt that he wasn't used enough this game. I am sick of our high draft picks riding pine until there is absolutely no choice to put them out there.

Axels17
09-06-2012, 01:37 AM
OMG drewz you're 100% with Rivers. looked like a first rounder!?!? Hope the hammy is not the major type! Bennett strutted his stuff tonight; Good luck w/ ballard, belicheat! Like I asked: Why didn't Osi and Tuck play tonight. We might ned to put a fork in both of them. On that Murray run I watched Osi walking down the filed like he was out for a strool in the park, DISGUSTING! OJOMO AND JPP... You go boys!

Rivers came back in after the whole Hammy thing. he should be fine

Axels17
09-06-2012, 01:39 AM
I honestly felt bad for him. Everyone fumbles every once in a while. I would have went right back to him to show that we still believe in the guy. I felt that he wasn't used enough this game. I am sick of our high draft picks riding pine until there is absolutely no choice to put them out there.

I felt bad for him too.

I do think he also messed up on that kick return when it bounced at the one. It was a fluke, but he should have been there to catch it. That's why Brown was on the return the next kickoff

SackingMyths
09-06-2012, 01:39 AM

He very clearly had high hopes of making a huge splash and crashed and burned. It happens. All about how he bounces back.

Frankly, I was inspired by how much he gave a s##t. I wish the rest of the team did tonight...

Ntegrase96
09-06-2012, 02:00 AM

Reply on Bennett being a good blocker--

I'm sorry. Were you watching the same game or were you a victim of Collinsworth's hyperbole? Although it's unfair to judge him against a premier defensive player, Ware shed his blocks all game long, and even though Bennett stayed in front of him, Ware forced him into the backfield collapsing the pocket.

Bennett is a good blocking TE. I'm not disparaging that. But I don't think he had nearly as good of a game blocking as the announcers made it out to be (before they switched their natural homefield bias assigned to them in the final few minutes).

Ntegrase96
09-06-2012, 02:04 AM

What else ya'll got?

Rivers looked amazing out there. You guys really found something with him. He looked awful to me during his tenure in Cincy, but he is a beast out there-- easily your best linebacker and if the trend continues the best in the league (although I like our Lee-- Carter combo and their potential).

Bennett looked good in the passing game except for one play. Beat our best safety one on one. I can live with that.

JPP looked disruptive, but most of his great plays did not come to fruition (luckily for us).

Also I think Coe didn't look horrible. He was taken advantage of a couple of times but for the most part what more do you expect from a backup CB? He made mistakes, but they were aggressive mistakes and I think that's something to be proud of. Solid performance overall.

(more tomorrow, gotta get some sleep for work)