PDA

View Full Version : This One Is On Reese and there will be more.

Blueshine
09-05-2012, 11:52 PM
In a pass heavy league we gambled on TT. We actually let a seasoned Aaron Ross walk and made no effort to replace him. Sure, Cruz had drops, the refs missed calls, but what happened here was that we have no pass defense. Also not having an offensive line will be a huge problem this year. Both completely ignored in the offseason. We won the super bowl last year and it was awesome. We will win another with JPP but it will likely be in a couple of years after we realize the NFL is all about Passing. How can we play the Packers like this? They would have abused us tonight. I am level setting. This will be a long year.

nhpgiantsfan
09-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Totally agree!!! Too much faith put on T2's knee. And now we are left with Webster and a whole lot of ????

Toadofsteel
09-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Totally agree!!! Too much faith put on T2's knee. And now we are left with Webster and a whole lot of ????

I think that CB will improve over the season, but unless we can generate pass rush, it won't matter. If you give Ryan Leaf all day, he could throw on Revis...

And when you blitz, don't broadcast it to the ****ing world... that's what PF does when he blitzes. Honestly this is on PF more than it is on JR...

plaxattack17
09-06-2012, 12:07 AM
i can't believe the extent of how f****d our secondary is, and we've only played one game. TC looked like he was gonna cry when he heard Coe was out for the game, righfully so coz everyone else sucked. But that shows the embarassing state of our secondary that someone who's meant to be a #4 corner, is that important.
I would also like to kno why Reese thought he could wing it with this trash offensive line to protect our franchise superbowl mvp quarterback. Unacceptable. JR has to make amends or we're f*****d.

Crovaz
09-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Honestly, I don't think the O-Line will be this bad this year but they'll probably be ranked in the low 20's for the year, they're just not that good. Agree on T2 as well, I just don't trust players coming back from ACL tears.

Coughlin will get this team turned around, minor speed bump right now, we played a good Dallas team. Gotta start looking at the Bucs next week and pull out a win, don't want to start 0-2. Or do we? Who the hell knows anymore.

giantfan1976
09-06-2012, 12:09 AM
I think that CB will improve over the season, but unless we can generate pass rush, it won't matter. If you give Ryan Leaf all day, he could throw on Revis...

And when you blitz, don't broadcast it to the ****ing world... that's what PF does when he blitzes.

I unfortunately agree as well. But I blame him more for the lack of quality OL than the DB. At least he drafts high-profile DBs when they're there. Not over reacting to a loss, but I sure hope Eli pulls this season out of his *** like he did last year, or we're in trouble.

Blueshine
09-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Its a double move, letting Ross go and signing TT. He must be his brother in law. I think the offensive line isnt close to as bad a shape as Secondary.

giantsforce
09-06-2012, 12:31 AM
I unfortunately agree as well. But I blame him more for the lack of quality OL than the DB. At least he drafts high-profile DBs when they're there. Not over reacting to a loss, but I sure hope Eli pulls this season out of his *** like he did last year, or we're in trouble.Unless they get rid of Killdrive or let Eli call the plays, Elli cannot do it. Insisting on running twice in a row when you know, you cannot get any yards is insane! Getting down to the 2 yard line and scoring only 3 because of atrocious play calling, is not going to do it. Sorry but I have no confidence in this coaching staff. If, as a champion, you cannot play as a champion in your own house, you do not deserve any respect. I never considered Coughlin a great coach and I am not considering him one now. Yes I know we won 2 SB's under him but it was because of miracle plays that coaching staff had absolutely nothing to do with it. It was the players efforts that brought the trophy home and not the coaching staff. We lost today because the Cowboys had a game plan and the Giants did not. We were beating the Cowboys soundly in the 1st qtr but then they adjusted and attacked the Giants weaknesses and won the game. The Giants game plan? Keep running, eventually we will brake one. Sure you broke one...after you needed 2 score to just tie the game. This kind of game plan ain't cutting it folks and Coughlin for all his experience, is too stubborn to make the appropriate changes either that or he is clueless.

Diamondring
09-06-2012, 12:42 AM
A lot of you need to shut your trap. We lost and it is not the end of the world fools.

Buddy333
09-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Ross was horrible last year.

joemorrisforprez
09-06-2012, 12:50 AM
In a pass heavy league we gambled on TT. We actually let a seasoned Aaron Ross walk and made no effort to replace him. Sure, Cruz had drops, the refs missed calls, but what happened here was that we have no pass defense. Also not having an offensive line will be a huge problem this year. Both completely ignored in the offseason. We won the super bowl last year and it was awesome. We will win another with JPP but it will likely be in a couple of years after we realize the NFL is all about Passing. How can we play the Packers like this? They would have abused us tonight. I am level setting. This will be a long year.

I was concerned about losing Aaron Ross. Tonight's game did nothing to ease that concern.

I realize the salary cap is an issue......but you've got a healthy CB that was a big part of 2 SB wins......I could understand overpaying a guy like that, especially considering all the injuries we suffered at that position last season.

Toadofsteel
09-06-2012, 12:52 AM
I was concerned about losing Aaron Ross. Tonight's game did nothing to ease that concern.

I realize the salary cap is an issue......but you've got a healthy CB that was a big part of 2 SB wins......I could understand overpaying a guy like that, especially considering all the injuries we suffered at that position last season.

To be fair, when we released Ross, TT Prince and Hosley were all healthy. There's no way you could have predicted 2 seasons of massive secondary injuries in a row. Lightning strikes twice in Albany apparently...

joemorrisforprez
09-06-2012, 12:52 AM
On the bright side.......Romo abused our secondary last season, too.....the only difference this year was that Cruz didn't bring his hands to the game, and Wilson fumbled away a promising drive.

Eliminate the mistakes, and the Giants win another squeaker....just like last season.

joemorrisforprez
09-06-2012, 12:54 AM
To be fair, when we released Ross, TT Prince and Hosley were all healthy. There's no way you could have predicted 2 seasons of massive secondary injuries in a row. Lightning strikes twice in Albany apparently...

Yeah, but all 3 of them didn't have the experience of Ross. I understand Reese's reasoning, I just felt it was a gamble to let a proven starting CB walk away.

El Jefe
09-06-2012, 12:57 AM
Ross was horrible last year.
Thank You! Since when was Ross good? Revisionist history.

My beef with JR isn't letting Ross go, it's his cap management and the fact that we have too many overpaid players that stifle our cap, and as a result we have to let guys walk and be bargain shoppers

Toadofsteel
09-06-2012, 12:58 AM
Yeah, but all 3 of them didn't have the experience of Ross. I understand Reese's reasoning, I just felt it was a gamble to let a proven starting CB walk away.

Still, he would have been burned just as bad as Tryon tonight... not like it would have helped.

G-Men Surg.
09-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Nothing new under the sun this time around. Win ? he is a god, drop a game and all of a sudden he is a total ignorant !

Buddy333
09-06-2012, 01:00 AM
Remember who was covering Austin last year when Romo over threw him? It was Ross. Ross was toasted plenty last year. Reese is a great GM. Not his fault the injury bug bi them again at the CB position. Let's hope Webster was just rusty and Prince comes back soon.

shockeyisjesus
09-06-2012, 01:00 AM
Yeah we did not look good tonight....at all........a whole lot of mistakes, both on offense and defense.

The secondary was garbage and the linebackers are going to struggle to cover 4 wide all year long.

We need to bring back Deon Grant and go back to the 3 safety set that got us to the SB. We clearly don't have the guys to run a 4-3-4......Sorry, when you let Kevin Ogletree torch you, you need to come up with something else.

Toadofsteel
09-06-2012, 01:25 AM
Hey, remember when we all wanted to pay Cruz billions of dollars? And we all ragged on Reese for wanting to wait and see how he'd do this season? Yeah...

Eliscruzzz
09-06-2012, 01:31 AM
We only lost by seven this is not on Reese he drafted a position of need yes we need cb and better offensive linemen but when you have dropped balls and fumbles this loss was on everybody. Prince will be back week 2 and Hosley should see more playing time why he wasn't out there tonite I have no idea. Look at how poorly we played and still almost tied the game if the D gets a stop who knows what happens. In07 we lost to Dallas and went on and won the SB. The fact is Dallas always gets killed ny Philly and they have a tough schedule too and we all know how we play in Dallas we will tie this thing up.

Toadofsteel
09-06-2012, 01:43 AM
We only lost by seven this is not on Reese he drafted a position of need yes we need cb and better offensive linemen but when you have dropped balls and fumbles this loss was on everybody. Prince will be back week 2 and Hosley should see more playing time why he wasn't out there tonite I have no idea. Look at how poorly we played and still almost tied the game if the D gets a stop who knows what happens. In07 we lost to Dallas and went on and won the SB. The fact is Dallas always gets killed ny Philly and they have a tough schedule too and we all know how we play in Dallas we will tie this thing up.

Seriously... Losing by 7 is not on your GM. It's either bad playcalling or execution. In this case is was the most terrible playcalling I have ever seen in years and spotty execution.