PDA

View Full Version : On the bright side (if there is one)

VBGiantsFan
09-06-2012, 01:14 AM
All that went wrong:
1. We're on our 6th string CB
2. Our O-line sucks a huge one
3. Nicks had 1 week of pre-season and is not in game shape
4. Rookie fumbles and kills early momentum
5. Rookie has a penalty on good punt return
6. Pass rush disappeared
7. Safeties (yes, including Phillips) were no where near making a play today
8. Missed tackles all over the place
9. No depth at DT
10. Cruz can't catch

Even with all of these problems, we were ONE PLAY AWAY FROM GIVING THE BALL TO ELI TO TIE THE GAME.
I have no doubt, if the D made that one stop, we will tie that game.

fizzlesticks
09-06-2012, 01:16 AM
True, but it was only that close because of all the stupid penalties from the Cowboys.

giantsfan420
09-06-2012, 01:18 AM
ya know what it is, this team is too dependent on eli. the reason we had all those 4th qr gw drives was bc eli just took over after giving the first 3 qtrs to the rest of the team to contribute to a win. same thing tonight, its like everyone is content on passing the buck to ol reliable eli. run game sucked, ol sucked, pass d sucked, but the entire time i felt the same, that if we get the ball to eli he'll win it. eli made both td drives happen fully on his arm...need the other guys to step up.
cruzs drops, nicks not fully ready yet imho, no run blocking, lil pass protection...and still we're in it if the ****ing defense makes a stop or two...its not the ny elis, it s the nyg and everybody has to contribute whatever they can. that said, im not too worried. i bet we go on a win streak now

BuffyBlueII
09-06-2012, 01:20 AM
Not worried at all.

Heck I am still glowing that NFL season has started and we have NY Giants football again.

Toadofsteel
09-06-2012, 01:22 AM
All that went wrong:
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1201/nfl_g_pfts_576.jpg

Fixed.........

Axels17
09-06-2012, 01:28 AM
ya know what it is, this team is too dependent on eli. the reason we had all those 4th qr gw drives was bc eli just took over after giving the first 3 qtrs to the rest of the team to contribute to a win. same thing tonight, its like everyone is content on passing the buck to ol reliable eli. run game sucked, ol sucked, pass d sucked, but the entire time i felt the same, that if we get the ball to eli he'll win it. eli made both td drives happen fully on his arm...need the other guys to step up.
cruzs drops, nicks not fully ready yet imho, no run blocking, lil pass protection...and still we're in it if the ****ing defense makes a stop or two...its not the ny elis, it s the nyg and everybody has to contribute whatever they can. that said, im not too worried. i bet we go on a win streak now

You think that the Packers aren't dependent on Rodgers, the Saints on Brees, and the Patriots on Brady? (Also, Calvin for the Lions, cause, lets all be serious there lol)