PDA

View Full Version : Romo played elite tonight

btbrennan
09-06-2012, 12:31 AM
I know I will probably get a lot of flaming for this but I'm surprised no one has talked about how well Romo played tonight coming into Metlife and handling the pressure on his shoulders, avoiding sacks, changing the play, exploiting the secondary, etc. Aside from the INT he played lights out.

Yes, we did not play well and Eli played just as good as Romo, but I truly believe the combo of our bad O-Line play, and inability to stop the run/short pass, along with Romo's elite play was just a formula for a loss.

It's okay. We'll figure this out.

NYGiants1411
09-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Missed tackles and justin tryon. That is all really.

offingmoot
09-06-2012, 12:32 AM
The drops by our receivers were the difference

mommy2dylan
09-06-2012, 12:33 AM
we lost ... our back up are pain money to play ... we will get healthy ... hopefully soone rather than later ... but to crown Romo as lights out is a bit much .... he was good but not great ... his good play combines with our lack there of ,,,

Buddy333
09-06-2012, 12:34 AM
He played good, but come on. He torched for the most part a back up to the back up CB and then his back up.

btbrennan
09-06-2012, 12:35 AM
I'm just saying....the dude made a lot of good adjustments at the line of scrimmage to exploit the secondary. Avoided A LOT of pressure too. We have to gameplan for that, especially with Vick and RG3 in the division. Need more containment

SanAntonioGiant
09-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Missed tackles & drop passes... not to mention Romo burning a back up of a back up!

....Hopefully the Giants bounce back.... If not, it'll be a long season!

G-Men Surg.
09-06-2012, 12:37 AM
No beef againts that statement BUT it's just one regular season game . Kudos to Romo and his team but he has a whole season to prove it Week to week .

ELI_Iz_God
09-06-2012, 12:45 AM
Do you know why he played well tonight?...It wasn't a high pressure game. Think about it...it's week 1..if you win your 1-0 if you lose your 0-1...is that going to make or break your season? No..of course not. Last season we beat them because those games meant something and we're "High Pressure games" and that's where Romo fails. If that's when we turn the heat on and outplay everyone then I'm fine with that. I easily see them losing to Seattle next week.

GiantGremlin
09-06-2012, 12:45 AM
I will admit he was good, but it took a real dismal, lackluster effort by the Giants, an injury to the secondary, and a few big plays (Demarco Murray's ridiculous run & Austin's catch) on their end to help them win. Don't forget that he threw that int to Boley which was almost a pick 6.

Harooni
09-06-2012, 12:46 AM
Romo was of course under rated here. He torched webby when he caught him staring him down. So I wouldn't say it was only back up of back ups.

GiantWarfare
09-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Romo torched us. He played lights out. Of course its not like our secondary is vaunted by any means but still...a great game is a great game. Romo catches a lot of flak and I'd say most of it is rightly so, but the dude is a damn good QB.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-06-2012, 12:50 AM
Elite my ***...

He played very well against one of the worst defensive performances in years.

He was targeting our 4th and 5th string corners...

Webster played bad, he didn't play terrible. he let up that one TD on a brain fart. he keyed in on Romo and couldn't see his guy. It happens.

TheEnigma
09-06-2012, 12:53 AM
Romo looked hungry tonight. I think he's tired of all the talk in the media like Eli was before his first Superbowl.

GiantWarfare
09-06-2012, 12:54 AM
Romo looked hungry tonight. I think he's tired of all the talk in the media like Eli was before his first Superbowl.

TBH I see it too. He has a diff look about him.

joemorrisforprez
09-06-2012, 12:59 AM
I know I will probably get a lot of flaming for this but I'm surprised no one has talked about how well Romo played tonight coming into Metlife and handling the pressure on his shoulders, avoiding sacks, changing the play, exploiting the secondary, etc. Aside from the INT he played lights out.

Yes, we did not play well and Eli played just as good as Romo, but I truly believe the combo of our bad O-Line play, and inability to stop the run/short pass, along with Romo's elite play was just a formula for a loss.

I agree.....Romo is an excellent QB......last year, he torched us too. The only difference was last year, Nicks and Cruz dominated.

I'm not going to blame the refs, but there was a ton of clutching and grabbing out there.....credit the Cowboys defense with getting away with it....maybe when the real refs get back, it will get called.

tabascocat
09-06-2012, 01:24 AM
Do you know why he played well tonight?...It wasn't a high pressure game. Think about it...it's week 1..if you win your 1-0 if you lose your 0-1...is that going to make or break your season? No..of course not. Last season we beat them because those games meant something and we're "High Pressure games" and that's where Romo fails. If that's when we turn the heat on and outplay everyone then I'm fine with that. I easily see them losing to Seattle next week.

Cmon now, at least give Romo some credit here. He had tremendous amounts of pressure on him tonight and he answered it, and hopefully some of those mediots too. Did the Giants play a great game? NO, but no need to take away from what he did tonight. This was a hard fought game from start to finish. I expect nothing less in our next meeting.

SackingMyths
09-06-2012, 01:26 AM
He played lights out tonight.

Let's not be little b*tches like the cowgirls fans and make excuses when a Qb gets the best of us.

Credit earned, credit given. Still hate him but he killed it tonight.

casvdry
09-06-2012, 01:30 AM
He played good, but come on. He torched for the most part a back up to the back up CB and then his back up.

Keep in mind most of the torching was done by a #3 WR
Behind a shuffled OL with swapped tackles.
And an injured HOF bound TE who sat out a bunch of plays.

Look, both sides had issues, don't take away from how well Romo played due to your secondary issues. Our secondary has been pretty horrid the past few years and we've had to deal with it as well.

Harooni
09-06-2012, 01:31 AM
tabascocat not all of us are Homers here. I knew Romo can be good and i knew he would be fired up, when i heard the Giants players hinting taking shots at him I did not like it. you have to respect our opponent , confidence is good but i don't like ****y.

BurnerNYG
We played down to those bums level. They should've gave us San Fran at home. I don't know why we gotta travel over there again anyway.

Black
Romo played elite tonight

any qb can look "elite" going up against the performance we showed last night.

Cowboys07
09-06-2012, 01:32 AM
This is not new. Romo has been elite for the past few years. Whether or not the defense has improved enough to make all the difference remains to be seen, but tonight was certainly a good start when you consider how brutally the Giants torched the Cowboys pitiful secondary last season (and many years before that).

stormblue
09-06-2012, 01:33 AM
romo always tears us up.
we always have to outscore him to beat him.
he always gets 300 yds and 3 tds against us.

same old story , same old romo.
17 points ain't gonna beat him.

SackingMyths
09-06-2012, 01:34 AM
This is not new. Romo has been elite for the past few years. Whether or not the defense has improved enough to make all the difference remains to be seen, but tonight was certainly a good start when you consider how brutally the Giants torched the Cowboys pitiful secondary last season (and many years before that).

He's elite. No question. It's funny how your fanbase has been one of the first to criticize him. He's better than you've had since Aikman.

We'll see what he does in the 4th qtr toward the end of the season and in the playoffs. That's what makes you memorable.

BurnerNYG
09-06-2012, 01:38 AM
romo always tears us up.
we always have to outscore him to beat him.
he always gets 300 yds and 3 tds against us.

same old story , same old romo.
17 points ain't gonna beat romo.Get off Romo's jock. 17 points ain't gonna beat Romo...17 points ain't gonna beat a lot of NFL QB's... especially if they got all day to throw the ball.

stormblue
09-06-2012, 01:49 AM
Get off Romo's jock. 17 points ain't gonna beat Romo...17 points ain't gonna beat a lot of NFL QB's... especially if they got all day to throw the ball.

WTF is up with the personal attack against me ?

get off MY jock.....just stating the facts.
i don't have to be a "romophobe" to be a giants fan.
i can actually accept the fact that other teams have decent players
that can turn in good performances.

crawl back to mount polo grounds you "legend in your mind" romophobe.

what a maroon.

GFiP
09-06-2012, 01:53 AM

Had he been passing against Dallas' defense he would have been horrible. He picked on Tryon and that greatly improved his stats.

BurnerNYG
09-06-2012, 01:56 AM
WTF is up with the personal attack against me ?

get off MY jock.....just stating the facts.
i don't have to be a "romophobe" to be a giants fan.
i can actually accept the fact that other teams have decent players
that can turn in good performances.

crawl back to mount polo grounds you "legend in your mind" romophobe.

what a maroon.Lol wow calm down. I like Cam Newton... does that make u feel better? I hate The Cowboys.

Cowboys07
09-06-2012, 02:00 AM
He's elite. No question. It's funny how your fanbase has been one of the first to criticize him. He's better than you've had since Aikman.

We'll see what he does in the 4th qtr toward the end of the season and in the playoffs. That's what makes you memorable.

He's been fantastic in the 4th quarter throughout his career even though you wouldn't know it by the strange obsession people have with hating on him. It's never been Romo's fault (other than the fumbled hold in the 2006 playoffs), he simply hasn't had the talent around him, especially on the defensive side of the ball, to win big.

He is the best player the Cowboys have, with Ware and Lee being in contention.

stormblue
09-06-2012, 02:01 AM
Lol wow calm down. I like Cam Newton... does that make u feel better? I hate The Cowboys.

sorry .... , thought you were kickin' me personally - - -
kickin' romo's assbucket and the cowboys is perfectly legal.

truce ...peace out !

ajd4545
09-06-2012, 04:33 AM
Shocking! Tony Romo plays well in September with nothing really on the line, In other equally shocking news Scientists report that the sky is blue and water is wet.

Diamondring
09-06-2012, 04:35 AM
Cowboys were just due for another win over the Giants that is all.

Razur
09-06-2012, 04:55 AM

Elite?? Romo?? Now that is funny...Holy crap that just took the bite out of losing to these rodeo clowns ...Thanks! Keep it up...You're probably the funniest Cowboy troll we have on these boards.

Rely on Eli
09-06-2012, 05:41 AM
Romo is a very good "regular" season quarterback. Come playoff time, give me Eli.

nycsportzfan
09-06-2012, 05:45 AM
All i know is Corey Webster missed easy INT which would of been run back for some solid yardage, and would of given romo 2picks on the game.. We also gave him no pressure, and not one sack from a DE.. Only 2 on the night overall!!! Bottom line, if this team don't get pressure, the secondary is exploited.. The reason the 2ndary survives looking almost good often is the fact the DE's and Dline as a whole usually get consistent heat on the QB, causing people to not notice the bottom of the depth players in the game for us...

BillTheGreek
09-06-2012, 03:12 PM
OK, Romo did not play Elite ! We played losy, If he was Elite, he should have beat us by 20 points or more! I can not beleive we where not READY............. This I blame in part on some of the coaching staff ! No game plan,No adjustments, No fight......................Lets hope the next game, they play like the real Giants !

ImElectric2
09-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Elite is a stretch. Any starting NFL QB should be able to take advantage of a 4th or 5th team player STARTING. Kudos to him for doing it while successfully evading our pass rush and keeping plays alive, but he played as good as he SHOULD have, not, imo, as good as he COULD have.

PennState1
09-06-2012, 03:23 PM
He didplay elite. I will give him that, but the Gmen certainly made it easy for him to do so and their running game had a HUGE impact on his ability to do so as well.

Fharcyde
09-06-2012, 03:24 PM
He's a good QB with good weapons against our battered up secondary. It made the perfect formula for a great game for him and the rest of the Cowboys offense. We couldn't contain DeMarco Murray and that set up Romo to do whatever he wanted with the ball. Once we are able to mask our weaknesses better we can rely on Eli to carry this team once again.

ImElectric2
09-06-2012, 03:34 PM
He didplay elite. I will give him that, but the Gmen certainly made it easy for him to do so and their running game had a HUGE impact on his ability to do so as well.Doesn't that contradict elite play though? I consider elite play to be putting up gaudy numbers when its made difficult to perform, not when made easy. I'd even go as far to say that he unde performed considering how poorly we played. I mean, we were a third down stop away from having an opportunity to tie. I'd have to think that a Brady, Peyton, Brees, or Rodgers would have put their team up by more and abused our backups much worse than Romo did. That said, I think he played a relatively good game, I just think that elite would have meant his numbers, and performance overall, were superior to what he actually produced.

nycisgreat
09-06-2012, 04:28 PM

You have to give credit where it is due. Romo did play lights out last night. Eli had quiet night, but his numbers were decent. It has been a while since I have seen Eli get knocked around the way that he did last night. Last season we couldn't run the ball, but our pass protection was excellent. Last night we could've do either one.

ryan12
09-06-2012, 04:29 PM
**** romo that ***** ***

Martyr
09-06-2012, 04:59 PM
You have to give credit where it is due. Romo did play lights out last night. Eli had quiet night, but his numbers were decent. It has been a while since I have seen Eli get knocked around the way that he did last night. Last season we couldn't run the ball, but our pass protection was excellent. Last night we could've do either one.

Agreed, Romo is no slouch he made some great plays.

GameTime
09-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Romo has had good games before vs the Giants...even in losses. He is a good QB. Sometimes he has great games.