PDA

View Full Version : I say it every year after a bad loss

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 02:05 AM
If you get off the bandwagon, stay off and pick up a jets or cowboys jersey.

Bad game but some of you are just ignorant.

Keep in mind we've lost the first game of the year on our past two Super Bowl runs and the regular season is for fantasy football and MAKING it to the playoffs. It's all about just getting in the playoffs and it's a new season within a season.

Somebody get some butter for webby cuz he was toast tonight

Somebody get stickum for Cruz

And somebody call Osi and Tuck next week and let them know what time the game is so they don't miss it again

And thank god we hav hixon, a bright spot for us tonight.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-06-2012, 02:09 AM
+100000000000000000000

typical sky is falling crowd.... some regulars I see though which is upsetting...Ver u

Disgusted in our performance tonight though... even still I'm able to remain level-headed

Morehead State

Keep in mind we've lost the first game of the year on our past two Super Bowl runs and the regular season is for fantasy football and MAKING it to the playoffs. It's all about just getting in the playoffs and it's a new season within a season.

And somebody call Osi and Tuck next week and let them know what time the game is so they don't miss it again

I agree that we'll be fine. Bad start but we're used to that. remember those two horrible games in 07. they already wanted Sgag's head.

Toadofsteel

I don't get off the bandwagon... I just call it like I see it. I will always be a GIANTS fan, no matter what. But when your playcalling on both sides of the ball downright SUCKS, there's a problem. When I can see a blitz coming on my little 12" CRT TV that's on the other side of the room, I'm pretty sure the QB can see it coming too...

G-Men Surg.
09-06-2012, 02:10 AM
Well said ! Have to move on and be ready for next team's best shot, they are lined up all ready . I'm still and always be ALL IN ! In victory or defeat I bleed blue.

moosedrool
And somebody get us a replacement for Rolle because he was bad last year and awful tonight.

Harooni
no need to jump ship nor do i get the reese bashing. its one game. granted a big div game but still. Maybe now the Giants won't talk so much trash and study film and check the ego's and don't expect teams to roll over.

MattMeyerBud
I don't get off the bandwagon... I just call it like I see it. I will always be a GIANTS fan, no matter what. But when your playcalling on both sides of the ball downright SUCKS, there's a problem. When I can see a blitz coming on my little 12" CRT TV that's on the other side of the room, I'm pretty sure the QB can see it coming too... play calling was fine, execution was the problem don't kid yourself

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 02:11 AM
And somebody get us a replacement for Rolle because he was bad last year and awful tonight.

Out of all the people ur pissed with tonight, Rolle is your guy?

Pretty bad analysis on your part

G-Men Surg.
09-06-2012, 02:11 AM
I don't get off the bandwagon... I just call it like I see it. I will always be a GIANTS fan, no matter what. But when your playcalling on both sides of the ball downright SUCKS, there's a problem. When I can see a blitz coming on my little 12" CRT TV that's on the other side of the room, I'm pretty sure the QB can see it coming too...
We got beat bro, plain and simple ! Let's move on and prepare for the next in line.

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 02:12 AM
We got beat bro, plain and simple ! Let's move on and prepare for the next in line. I just don't understand his point that because he sees a blitz coming on tv that the qb sees it lol

TheEnigma
09-06-2012, 02:13 AM
I'll start worrying if we drop another to the Bucs (who have way too many new things going on for us to lose to on paper). We will be fine for now and perhaps this will bring the team to reality and our expectations as well.

moosedrool
Out of all the people ur pissed with tonight, Rolle is your guy?

Pretty bad analysis on your part

Just adding to the list you started

Harooni
I would have cut rolle because his huge salary cap number (even if that meant taking the cap penalty). not that he was awful, saw some nice run stops today.

Toadofsteel
09-06-2012, 02:14 AM
play calling was fine, execution was the problem don't kid yourself

You mean to say it was poor execution to have 10 guys in the box? Was there only supposed to be 8 and some corner screwed up his assignment? Actually the way our secondary was playing that makes sense...

MattMeyerBud
Just adding to your list

I think you maybe need to learn more about defensive responsibilities. Rolle actually stepped up and played very good in the run for us. I'll rewatch the game Tom and see what ur talking about

FBomb

This plus a million!!

If Cruz doesn't drop passes....if Eli throws a better ball to Hixon.....if our "scary" d-line could get pressure against a patchwork o-line......but it's the playcalling....geez

miked1958
09-06-2012, 02:15 AM
If you get off the bandwagon, stay off and pick up a jets or cowboys jersey.Bad game but some of you are just ignorant.Keep in mind we've lost the first game of the year on our past two Super Bowl runs and the regular season is for fantasy football and MAKING it to the playoffs. It's all about just getting in the playoffs and it's a new season within a season.Somebody get some butter for webby cuz he was toast tonightSomebody get stickum for CruzAnd somebody call Osi and Tuck next week and let them know what time the game is so they don't miss it againAnd thank god we hav hixon, a bright spot for us tonight.Lol. Was Osi and tucks names called at all in that game

moosedrool
I think you maybe need to learn more about defensive responsibilities. Rolle actually stepped up and played very good in the run for us. I'll rewatch the game Tom and see what ur talking about

I guess you missed the awful angles he took on the Ogletree TD vs Tryon and the 3rd and 10 to ice the game.

MattMeyerBud
You mean to say it was poor execution to have 10 guys in the box? Was there only supposed to be 8 and some corner screwed up his assignment? Actually the way our secondary was playing that makes sense... was speaking more offensively, didn't execute. And we got beat man on man a lot tonight defensively

Toadofsteel
09-06-2012, 02:16 AM
This plus a million!!

If Cruz doesn't drop passes....if Eli throws a better ball to Hixon.....if our "scary" d-line could get pressure against a patchwork o-line......but it's the playcalling....geez

If KG doesn't waste 1st and 2nd downs running the ball for no gain, Cruz dropping a pass means we have another shot to make a pass.

If PF doesn't broadcast a blitz that you could see coming from miles away, our d-line could generate pressure without a dumpoff to the RB for a massive gain...

Playcalling SUCKED, plain and simple... the lack of execution was just the hot sauce on the crow.

Harooni
09-06-2012, 02:17 AM
Osi was no where to be found.

ELI_Iz_God
09-06-2012, 02:18 AM
I hope Wilson doesn't let that fumble get in his head..you could see he was upset about it but hopefully he just lets it go and presses on

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 02:19 AM
I guess you missed the awful angles he took on the Ogletree TD vs Tryon and the 3rd and 10 to ice the game.

Lol I just reminded and watched that play 3 times off nfl network and your out of your mind. You should be taking issue with tryon. Even if Rolle hit him ogletree had the first

G-Men Surg.
09-06-2012, 02:19 AM
I just don't understand his point that because he sees a blitz coming on tv that the qb sees it lol
We are getting spoiled bro, lots of fans here are too young to remember the dark ages when we sucked !

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 02:20 AM
Lol. Was Osi and tucks names called at all in that game

Only if they announced the starting defense before the game

moosedrool
09-06-2012, 02:20 AM
I hope Wilson doesn't let that fumble get in his head..you could see he was upset about it but hopefully he just lets it go and presses on

If you watch the play again you will see the position of the ball was too low and away from his body. Not high and tight like Coughlin has coached him all preseason. Bradshaw and Tiki had fumbling problems that were fixed. Wilson will eventually get it fixed too.

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 02:21 AM
If KG doesn't waste 1st and 2nd downs running the ball for no gain, Cruz dropping a pass means we have another shot to make a pass.

If PF doesn't broadcast a blitz that you could see coming from miles away, our d-line could generate pressure without a dumpoff to the RB for a massive gain...

Playcalling SUCKED, plain and simple... the lack of execution was just the hot sauce on the crow. those "wasted" down is what kept the defense honest and commitment to it led to some success in th second half

G-Men Surg.

I'm starting to love that kid ! He is pure heart and emotions. He actually shed some tears ! He won me over !

moosedrool
Lol I just reminded and watched that play 3 times off nfl network and your out of your mind. You should be taking issue with tryon. Even if Rolle hit him ogletree had the first

Yea because he was playing WAY TOO DEEP for a 3rd and 10.

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 02:22 AM

Yea I'm not sure if we should be okay with it cuz he showed passion or if we should b upset cuz he needs to be more thick skinned about it.

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 02:23 AM
We are getting spoiled bro, lots of fans here are too young to remember the dark ages when we sucked !

Hahaha true

SackingMyths
09-06-2012, 02:23 AM
I'd like to see what Randle can do to stretch the secondary. No disrespect to Hixon, but he scares no one as a WR at this point. (Yes, I saw his long grab...what I didn't see was anyone fearing his long speed.)

I was worried all along that this is what DCs were gonna be doing against Nicks and Cruz after what they saw Belichik do against us in the SB.

And here we are...

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 02:25 AM
Yea because he was playing WAY TOO DEEP for a 3rd and 10. playing at the first down line? My comment of your sanity stands

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 02:26 AM
I'd like to see what Randle can do to stretch the secondary. No disrespect to Hixon, but he scares no one as a WR at this point. (Yes, I saw his long grab...what I didn't see was anyone fearing his long speed.)

I was worried all along that this is what DCs were gonna be doing against Nicks and Cruz after what they saw Belichik do against us in the SB.

And here we are... if Cruz catches those 3 easy passes he has 9 receptions and another 30 yards plus 3 drives continued. Execution was the problem

moosedrool
09-06-2012, 02:27 AM
playing at the first down line? My comment of your sanity stands

I didn't say playing at the first down line. First down and games over. Doh. And everyone in the building except Rolle knew Romo was going to Ogletree vs Tryon.

Harooni
09-06-2012, 02:28 AM
I'm starting to love that kid ! He is pure heart and emotions. He actually shed some tears ! He won me over ! hopefully he wins back favor with TC , we didnt see him after the fumble on offense only spteams. bradshaw was good but its obvoius we need that one two punch. we needed BJ to tell you the truth.

SackingMyths
09-06-2012, 02:28 AM
if Cruz catches those 3 easy passes he has 9 receptions and another 30 yards plus 3 drives continued. Execution was the problem

Totally. But the way their CBs were playing us, it'd be cool to have the same threat that MM used to pose...

I feel like RR is more likely to offer that to us than Hixon at this point IMO

Makes life easier for Hakeem and Cruz

G-Men Surg.
09-06-2012, 02:33 AM
Hahaha true
I just wish I had a time machine and warp back some fans around here some years back to really taste the pain and agony ! Mama mía it gave me heartburn just thinking about it .

G-Men Surg.
09-06-2012, 02:42 AM
hopefully he wins back favor with TC , we didnt see him after the fumble on offense only spteams. bradshaw was good but its obvoius we need that one two punch. we needed BJ to tell you the truth.
Indeed . We all know how hard TC can be on rooks and first impression are very important for him but if the kid shows some grid and toughness and fights back with hard work and dedication his stay on TC's dog house hopefully ends up being a short one.

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 02:52 AM
Totally. But the way their CBs were playing us, it'd be cool to have the same threat that MM used to pose...

I feel like RR is more likely to offer that to us than Hixon at this point IMO

Makes life easier for Hakeem and Cruz

Hixon was 3 for 55 and Eli missed him for a wide open 20 yard td. WR3 was not an issue today

Toadofsteel
09-06-2012, 02:54 AM
Hixon was 3 for 55 and Eli missed him for a wide open 20 yard td. WR3 was not an issue today

Yeah, WR2 was an issue today. Though I feel as though Cruz will step up later on. Not worried about our WR unit at all. Only units I'm worried about are O-line and secondary, and the secondary is so only because of injuries. Playcalling and execution destroyed us more than players did...

Buto
09-06-2012, 03:07 AM
Rolle probably had more tackles than anyone else in this game.
My disappointment comes from the poor run blocking and running game in general.
It's only the first game.

Captain Chaos
09-06-2012, 05:56 AM
Not off the band wagon and will take my lumps today; however, there is a ton to be concerned about, CB and O Line...

rainierjef
09-06-2012, 06:33 AM
there was a lot of hold that were not called that game negate that run where murray escapes two defenders and what did they do really? plus on that play kiwi was held

CDN_G-FAN
09-06-2012, 07:12 AM

+1

my expectations were low coming into this game.

the whole team needs to pick themselves up and get alot better.

GREAT CALL ON TUCK AND OSI. That was not a good offensive line. Romo should have been running for his life.

giantyankee1976
09-06-2012, 07:55 AM
no need to jump ship nor do i get the reese bashing. its one game. granted a big div game but still. Maybe now the Giants won't talk so much trash and study film and check the ego's and don't expect teams to roll over.

THIS

don't forget in '07 we started off 0-3

this was game one, my hope?

the Specials practice onside kicking and fewell figures out how to defend the mid-range passing via the slant

but the O Line collectively ought to be embarassed for the public display of weakness.

as to the running game, like or hate it, Gilbride cannot abandon the Run thus making us 1 -dimensional and more likely to see Int's etc.

tonyt830
09-06-2012, 08:00 AM

And thank god we hav hixon, a bright spot for us tonight.Matt, you are always the glass half full type--LOL!!

But its everyones right, called freedom of speech, to voice their displeasure or opinions regarding the Giants. Call me a bandwagon fan if you want, but I will always critique or praise my team, whether they are lighting it up or if they are stinking it up. That does not make one a bandwagon fan. There are too many homer fans on the boards that feel the Giants, Reese, Coughlin, fill in the blank, can do no wrong. And of course there are those "sky is falling" fans too.

Its one game out of 16. yes I was pissed with the loss to a division rival on opening night. I know there are 15 more games to play. But if the Giants play like they did last night, Tampa and Cleveland will not be a walk in the park neither.

The O-line needs to improve, a lot of us have said that the passed coupe of years. Our run game cannot afford to finish 32nd in the league again. Eli may be an elite QB, but the team cannot always put it on his shoulder.

And Diehl is just awful in pass protection! I dont know if Beatty will be ready to go vs the bucs, maybe we can move Locklear to RT eventually if Diehl continues to decline.

As for Wilson--he is a rookie and the fumbling issue can be corrected. Cruz had 3 drops, which was unusual. Our D-line got neutralized in the 2nd half.

I hate to say it, but I will give credit where credit is due, but I tip my hate to the Cowboys and their coaching staff. They made some good adjustments in protecting Romo and got their run game going in the 2nd half.

But its only week 1, a lot can happen. The Cowboys have not won the division. The Giants are not out of playoff contention either.

And another thing that will happen, I will not get off or stay off the bandwagon, even if some posters say so. I will stick with the Giants, through the good times and bad---Go Giants!!

GCGiant
09-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Before the game I was thinking about something and I'll be darned if it didn't actually play out the way I was thinking. I believe that when playing Romo, you would be better off having the d-line not be so aggressive about getting the sack. Romo is very good at avoiding the pressure, and he seems to have his best plays in this type of situation. If you throttle the rush a little against him and keep people along the LOS, you have a chance at batting the ball down. He is already short and the ball comes out pretty low with him. You have to keep him contained.

NYGfanNC
09-06-2012, 08:21 AM

Bennett was also a very bright spot. GO GIANTS!!! Get ready for Tampa.

egyptian420
09-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Ah....I'm home.

There is nothing better after a tough loss than talking with sensible Giants fans, which are tough to find amongst the millions of deranged ones.

It's a tough loss yes, but this team has seen much worst. The toughest part for us is waiting 11 more days with that awful taste in our mouths.

Redeyejedi
09-06-2012, 08:45 AM
And somebody get us a replacement for Rolle because he was bad last year and awful tonight.Cant wait to look at the All 22 and see WTF Rolle was thinking on that 1st and 30 play. That was ridiculous what he did there

Redeyejedi
09-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Ah....I'm home.

There is nothing better after a tough loss than talking with sensible Giants fans, which are tough to find amongst the millions of deranged ones.

It's a tough loss yes, but this team has seen much worst. The toughest part for us is waiting 11 more days with that awful taste in our mouths.Im happy there is that much time. This team needs to get healthy

RoanokeFan
09-06-2012, 08:48 AM

Well said and it's not so bad to go 15 - 1 :D

egyptian420
09-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Im happy there is that much time. This team needs to get healthy
No kidding....I can't wait to see how we deal with this CB issue. If it isn't bad enough we're down to our 4th or 5th CB playing as the #2, I wonder who's our nickle or better yet our dime CB.

Kruunch
09-06-2012, 08:49 AM

We played like total crap and we were still in the game at the end.

We'll be fine.

RoanokeFan
09-06-2012, 08:50 AM

Play calling was the problem? How about execution, or, to be more precise, a lack of execution?

giants-_-
09-06-2012, 08:50 AM
After the line i took last night i already forgot last game on to tampa bay the land of old people

egyptian420
09-06-2012, 08:51 AM
We played like total crap and we were still in the game at the end.

We'll be fine.
This too....the Cowboys looked awful as well. They had a pile of penalties and basically did everything they can to hand us the game. That pick Romo threw should've also been a TD for us.

What's done is done, but I really wouldn't be too worried, we can certainly beat this team once this secondary learns how to defend the slant.

Roswell777
09-06-2012, 09:10 AM
At this point we should have enough faith in the players and coaches to recognize that they will correct their mindset and execution issues. To me, this loss will serve as a huge wake up call that will make them realize that, as Strahan says "the past is the *%#^# past."

The fact that they lost the way they did, in front of the whole country will make them focus and get rid of their SB hangover. There's tons of experience in that locker room and they will respond.

JB456
09-06-2012, 09:20 AM

I disagree. The Giants were attempting to use the run to set up the pass and failed and failed and failed.

At the beginning of the game, the Cowboys were attempting to use the run to set up pass and it failed on 3 or 4 drives.

The difference was Dallas changed their gameplan much earlier than the Giants. When the Giants went to a pass first offence, late in the game, they moved the ball. The truth of the matter is the Giants failed in all facets of this game with maybe an exception for special teams.

GCGiant
09-06-2012, 09:25 AM
When Boley doesn't score and we run on 1st and 2nd down, then fail to scored a TD...settle for a FG...we allowed them to start believing that they could win. They started playing better at that moment, and I can't for the life of me figure out why they can't get a little deceptive every now and then when down there in that situation. Play action on 1st down probably would have been an easy pitch and catch.

Easy E.
09-06-2012, 09:52 AM
those "wasted" down is what kept the defense honest and commitment to it led to some success in th second halfI agree with your OP, but that series after Boleys INT felt like where the game changed and I do have a problem with the play calls there. You got that far with the pass then you try to play power football and go backwards? I don't mind a run there but spread them out with a 3 WR set and then run it. This OLine showed nothing of being able to punch that in from the 5 with power running. This ain't our Daddy's Giants anymore...pass opens the run now

gumby74
09-06-2012, 10:04 AM
It's only one game, but this game was a perfect example of why we get no "respect". We win the SB, then the next game to start the new season, we lay an egg. No consistency with this team.

RoanokeFan
09-06-2012, 10:12 AM
When Boley doesn't score and we run on 1st and 2nd down, then fail to scored a TD...settle for a FG...we allowed them to start believing that they could win. They started playing better at that moment, and I can't for the life of me figure out why they can't get a little deceptive every now and then when down there in that situation. Play action on 1st down probably would have been an easy pitch and catch.

The Cowboys believed they could win at the coin toss.

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Matt, you are always the glass half full type--LOL!!

But its everyones right, called freedom of speech, to voice their displeasure or opinions regarding the Giants. Call me a bandwagon fan if you want, but I will always critique or praise my team, whether they are lighting it up or if they are stinking it up. That does not make one a bandwagon fan. There are too many homer fans on the boards that feel the Giants, Reese, Coughlin, fill in the blank, can do no wrong. And of course there are those "sky is falling" fans too.

Its one game out of 16. yes I was pissed with the loss to a division rival on opening night. I know there are 15 more games to play. But if the Giants play like they did last night, Tampa and Cleveland will not be a walk in the park neither.

The O-line needs to improve, a lot of us have said that the passed coupe of years. Our run game cannot afford to finish 32nd in the league again. Eli may be an elite QB, but the team cannot always put it on his shoulder.

And Diehl is just awful in pass protection! I dont know if Beatty will be ready to go vs the bucs, maybe we can move Locklear to RT eventually if Diehl continues to decline.

As for Wilson--he is a rookie and the fumbling issue can be corrected. Cruz had 3 drops, which was unusual. Our D-line got neutralized in the 2nd half.

I hate to say it, but I will give credit where credit is due, but I tip my hate to the Cowboys and their coaching staff. They made some good adjustments in protecting Romo and got their run game going in the 2nd half.

But its only week 1, a lot can happen. The Cowboys have not won the division. The Giants are not out of playoff contention either.

And another thing that will happen, I will not get off or stay off the bandwagon, even if some posters say so. I will stick with the Giants, through the good times and bad---Go Giants!!

because its week one lol. How many times have we been down this road?

Displeasure is one thing, alot of whats being said on here is over the top and beyond that

MattMeyerBud
Im happy there is that much time. This team needs to get healthy
corner is an issue of concern...

we need prince

GmenFan1980
This too....the Cowboys looked awful as well. They had a pile of penalties and basically did everything they can to hand us the game. That pick Romo threw should've also been a TD for us.

What's done is done, but I really wouldn't be too worried, we can certainly beat this team once this secondary learns how to defend the slant.

that pile of penalties was mostly false starts,delay of game and offsides...

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 10:41 AM
I disagree. The Giants were attempting to use the run to set up the pass and failed and failed and failed.

At the beginning of the game, the Cowboys were attempting to use the run to set up pass and it failed on 3 or 4 drives.

The difference was Dallas changed their gameplan much earlier than the Giants. When the Giants went to a pass first offence, late in the game, they moved the ball. The truth of the matter is the Giants failed in all facets of this game with maybe an exception for special teams.

so you don't think a horrid job at run blocking is execution?

And it opened it up in the second half. Bradshaw had a legit second half

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 10:42 AM
I agree with your OP, but that series after Boleys INT felt like where the game changed and I do have a problem with the play calls there. You got that far with the pass then you try to play power football and go backwards? I don't mind a run there but spread them out with a 3 WR set and then run it. This OLine showed nothing of being able to punch that in from the 5 with power running. This ain't our Daddy's Giants anymore...pass opens the run now

a game changing first quarter on one drive? I highly disagree...

Cruz's drops was the bigger kill to the offense in first half.

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 10:43 AM
It's only one game, but this game was a perfect example of why we get no "respect". We win the SB, then the next game to start the new season, we lay an egg. No consistency with this team.

lol so if we would of won this week but lost three weeks from now it would of mattereD?

GmenFan1980
09-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Also, no worries I'm still with my Giants :). I don't even consider this that bad of a loss. we have been down this road before. Let's just move on to Tampa and get back on track

gumby74
09-06-2012, 10:56 AM
lol so if we would of won this week but lost three weeks from now it would of mattereD? Actually yeah, from a media "respect" perspective. Winning 3-4 straight shows consistency.

Maybe I'm missing your point.

Buddy333
09-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Say what you want but they have some major issues. The OL was bad last year and they look worse this year. They might get better in the secondary if Prince and Hosely can get back healthy. Coe and Tyron are not NFL starters. They are the backups to the backups.

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Actually yeah, from a media "respect" perspective. Winning 3-4 straight shows consistency.

Maybe I'm missing your point.

maybe until the next game. Every week is a new lifetime. If we blow somebody out next week, we go back to hearing "THIS IS WHY THE GIANTS ARE DEFENDING CHAMPIONS"

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Say what you want but they have some major issues. The OL was bad last year and they look worse this year. They might get better in the secondary if Prince and Hosely can get back healthy. Coe and Tyron are not NFL starters. They are the backups to the backups.

Actually i thought in the second half the oline did a pretty good job run blocking, Bradshaw started to get going.

And make no mistake, the best pass rusher in the league finally got a secondary thats half way decent behind him. That makes a huge difference for the cowboys

Morehead State
maybe until the next game. Every week is a new lifetime. If we blow somebody out next week, we go back to hearing "THIS IS WHY THE GIANTS ARE DEFENDING CHAMPIONS"
We are the CURRENT CHAMPIONS.

MattMeyerBud

personally i prefer Coe over Hosley as well

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 01:08 PM
We are the CURRENT CHAMPIONS.

wrong, we haven't won the superbowl this year yet

(it begins...)

DandyDon
09-06-2012, 01:11 PM

The playcalling was the problem? Suddenly the playcallers that won a SB last year forgot how to do it?

The problem was a 5th string CB and lack of execution almost everywhere else. And we were still in the game most of the night.

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 01:12 PM
wrong, we haven't won the superbowl this year yet

(it begins...)
So is it your view that the championship has been vacated?......... NO!!!! We are the champs!!!!!

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 01:12 PM
The playcalling was the problem? Suddenly the playcallers that won a SB last year forgot how to do it?

The problem was a 5th string CB and lack of execution almost everywhere else. And we were still in the game most of the night.

and that is the kicker, we played like **** - they played the game of their lives (or in the past 3 seasons at least) and it still came down to the last possession

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 01:13 PM
So is it your view that the championship has been vacated?......... NO!!!! We are the champs!!!!!

its my view that the season isn't over, hence there is no champion crowned for the 2012-2013 season. Coughlin said it in America's Game...

I got TC on my side, you got skip bayless

i win

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 01:13 PM

He was making the same argument last night. I thought the light of day would enlighten his view.
Sometimes players just don't get it done. Thats what happened last night.

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 01:16 PM
its my view that the season isn't over, hence there is no champion crowned for the 2012-2013 season. Coughlin said it in America's Game...

I got TC on my side, you got skip bayless

i win

He was just saying that to motivate his team.
The New York Giants are the current SB champs. You are just going to have to accept that. There is a continuum. (how the frick to you spell that word?)

Roswell777
09-06-2012, 01:36 PM
I got twins at home, so I settle a lot of arguments. Can't we be considered the current defending champs?

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 01:57 PM
I got twins at home, so I settle a lot of arguments. Can't we be considered the current defending champs?
This is a 5 year old argument with Matt and me. It started with the Celtics getting beat in the playoffs as champs and I said something about us having another week of being the champs. Then all hell broke loose.
My view is that there is a champion until another team is crowned champions. Thats why they don't give up the Stanley Cup until another team wins it. (or is about to win it) The cup stays with the champs.

bklyn1028
09-06-2012, 02:02 PM

HERE IT IS..........i said it in another thread....."I'm surprised no one wants Gilbride's head....."....You want Fewell's also....Why not throw Coughlin in there too...after all...he's responsible for everything..........hey....how about Eli's head....there were audibles also.....I think Mara's mother should be fired too.....she bad mouthed Terry Bradshaw....shame on her......

Dude...it's ONE game......relax.....talk negative when we're 1-4 or 2-6........Who knows...this could be a blessing in disguise...

Easy E.
09-06-2012, 03:13 PM
a game changing first quarter on one drive? I highly disagree...Cruz's drops was the bigger kill to the offense in first half.I'm confused...I mean the series following Boleys pick about 5 min Into the second quarter. They tried to pound it in after effectively throwing all first quarter, so yes, I do think that was huge and boosted Dallas' confidence through poor play calling. If you want to call a run there I'm fine with it but spread them out with a better formation.

nycisgreat
09-06-2012, 03:19 PM

I agree. We play sloppy last night, and we almost won the game. We had absolutely no run game and CBs were shot. Those guys essentially cost us the game. If our CBs could made a decent tackle or bat the ball on the 3 and 13 play after the 2 minute warning in the 4 qtr, we could've probably sent the game into over time. We do need help at the corner positions other than that our other 9 Defenders are pretty stout.

Roswell777
09-06-2012, 03:20 PM
This is a 5 year old argument with Matt and me. It started with the Celtics getting beat in the playoffs as champs and I said something about us having another week of being the champs. Then all hell broke loose.
My view is that there is a champion until another team is crowned champions. Thats why they don't give up the Stanley Cup until another team wins it. (or is about to win it) The cup stays with the champs.

And if I understand you, he is saying that there is a point in the playoffs whereby, if the champion is defeated or if the champion is eliminated and doesn't qualify based on the regular season, that there is no champion until another is crowned.

And you are saying there is always a champion, an unbroken chain.

In politics, you'd be wrong. But this isn't politics.

I've got to side with him. Why can't there be a point in a season where there is no champion? Especially if the champion lost their right to be champion by no longer qualifying. As far as the Cup, I didn't see the Bruins hand the Cup to the Kings or parade it around after they were eliminated, I saw those guys with the white gloves come out.

But I'm sure you covered that lol. But thanks for letting me in...

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 03:40 PM
And if I understand you, he is saying that there is a point in the playoffs whereby, if the champion is defeated or if the champion is eliminated and doesn't qualify based on the regular season, that there is no champion until another is crowned.

And you are saying there is always a champion, an unbroken chain.

In politics, you'd be wrong. But this isn't politics.

I've got to side with him. Why can't there be a point in a season where there is no champion? Especially if the champion lost their right to be champion by no longer qualifying. As far as the Cup, I didn't see the Bruins hand the Cup to the Kings or parade it around after they were eliminated, I saw those guys with the white gloves come out.

But I'm sure you covered that lol. But thanks for letting me in...

Do you realize that siding with Matt is akin to siding with Satan?

WELL DO YOU?????!!!!!!!

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Anyway, Matt is saying that the Giants are not champs even now.
As is usually the case.......Matt is wrong.

sharick88
09-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Players play and coaches coach. Tuck and Osi were AWOL last night. I don't think I heard their names called once. Other than the poor play at the CB position, these two guys stunk up the joint. We also need to get going on offense a lot earlier than the 3rd quarter. Anyways, it's only one game. We lost our opener last year too. Our worst still hung in the game against their best. Glass half full baby!!

stormblue
09-06-2012, 04:06 PM
I SAY IT EVERY YEAR AFTER A BAD LOSS

and i say it after every bad loss.

WE SUCKED

and i ain't jumpin' off the bandwagon , never will...but i am yankin'
on the reigns and hollerin' at the horses. somebody has to keep 'em inline
in step and moving straight and forward .

i'll break out the stick and put blinders on them too if i have to.

just sayin' , bandwaggon drivin' ain't all hay and hip-hop , the ride ain't free or easy.
there's work to be done and i aim to make'm do it.

sharick88
09-06-2012, 04:11 PM
To be honest, when you win championships as frequently as we have in the last 5 seasons, you will accumulate a lot of bandwagon fans. I still remember the guy at the grocery who told me that Vincent Cruz is a great WR. It's the nature of the beast. Those fans know next to nothing about the game and will dip out the moment this team starts losing again. I just ignore them.

PennState1
09-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Perhaps it was exactly the wake up call or "humble pie" as TC put it that this team needed to get over the Superbowl hangover they had entering this game. Good thing it came early enough in the season to be useful.

wuzpapn
09-06-2012, 04:23 PM
I think losing the first game actually may work in our favor. It'll put a slap to the face to the ****iness we've been developing and make us sit down and have some humble pie for a good week or so. I expect us to come out and absolutely demolish Tampa Bay.

Roswell777
09-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Anyway, Matt is saying that the Giants are not champs even now.
As is usually the case.......Matt is wrong.

Well he's wrong. And clearly should be ashamed of himself. Much like those guys who are saying that the Giants have won two SBs in four, not five, years. They are bigger fans of the calendar than they are fans of the sport. But I digress...

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Well he's wrong. And clearly should be ashamed of himself. Much like those guys who are saying that the Giants have won two SBs in four, not five, years. They are bigger fans of the calendar than they are fans of the sport. But I digress...
This is a very well made point.
The "spirit" of the game says that we are the champs. When teams play us this season, they know they are preparing to play the champs. Thats why we will always get their best efforts.
Its like saying that when a boxer is defending his championship, he is no longer the champ once the fight starts.

Imgrate
09-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Nick Saban agrees with Matt. I brought up his quote before and mh changed his opinion

bandwgn86
09-06-2012, 05:20 PM

And thank god we hav hixon, a bright spot for us tonight.Ban them all Mod M!

Strife21
09-06-2012, 05:37 PM
I am going to have to agree with the original poster here. The night of the loss it hurts, but I try to just put it behind me like the players have to do and start worrying about the following week. I knew that game was going to tough with our secondary the way it is. If we can just get through Tampa it should give some of our guys time to heal up. The team just looked rusty lets hope they can get it together next Sunday.

Roswell777
09-06-2012, 05:42 PM
This is a very well made point.
The "spirit" of the game says that we are the champs. When teams play us this season, they know they are preparing to play the champs. Thats why we will always get their best efforts.
Its like saying that when a boxer is defending his championship, he is no longer the champ once the fight starts.

I am not a politician but I endorse this message.

Diamondring
09-06-2012, 05:46 PM
I know that every loss is a bad one but getting blow out we did not and I am kind of happy that it wasn't or I would have been the first one to crack.

Martyr
09-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Romo made plays last night & the Giants didnt, I dont care about missed calls and what not. The Giants still had their shots to win but Dallas out played them.

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Nick Saban agrees with Matt. I brought up his quote before and mh changed his opinion
regarding what may I ask?

Imgrate
09-06-2012, 06:07 PM
regarding what may I ask?The myth that a football team can be defending champs.

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 06:10 PM
The myth that a football team can be defending champs.
Is it your view that the Giants are not the current SB champs?

Imgrate
09-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Is it your view that the Giants are not the current SB champs?noone is the champ.We are the champs of last season

Roswell777
09-06-2012, 06:26 PM
noone is the champ.We are the champs of last season

Hence the word - defending.

PennState1
09-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Hence the word - defending.

We are the Champs until someone knocks us off but who cares??? Thinking we are great is a bad thing and I believe it is why we lost last night. Humble pie is good and our Gmen always play their best football when they are counted out.

Roswell777
09-06-2012, 06:34 PM
We are the Champs until someone knocks us off but who cares??? Thinking we are great is a bad thing and I believe it is why we lost last night. Humble pie is good and our Gmen always play their best football when they are counted out.

100 %. I agree. So I guess we got um right where we want um lol.

CowboysSuck
09-06-2012, 06:52 PM

You said this same garbage last night, you are in denial. You are in denial. Say it to yourself, repeat "I am in denial".

The play calling was fine, the players were not fine. They did not play well. These are proven coaches with a proven scheme. They dont wake up one day and forget how to call plays. Get a grip, and please just admit the players just werent so great last night. I know its hard to think that maybe the players just sucked and the coaches had nothing to do with it, but hey, its true.

This WILL light a fire under their asses and win or lose we are giving a much better effort next week. Mark it down.

brad
09-06-2012, 06:59 PM

Agreed... to a point. Some people are just venting, not giving up on the team. What should be concerning is when fans stop caring, not when they do. That being said, some have taken it a bit far by suggesting every player, even ones who have been great in the past, are washed up or should be cut. "Fan" is just short for "fanatic", and some get fanatical in rooting for their team. I was pretty upset about the way the Giants played last night, I felt the game plan was bad and the execution was, for the most part, just as bad. But after calming down, I am know this is just one game in a long season. The Giants will bounce back and fix some of the mistakes we saw last night.

Imgrate
09-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Hence the word - defending.What are we defending? Our championship cannot be taken away from us. Thus, there is nothing for us to defend

PennState1
09-06-2012, 07:04 PM
100 %. I agree. So I guess we got um right where we want um lol.

LOL! Perhaps? Not really? But I'm a glass half full kind of guy so there you have it :0)

Nolan24
09-06-2012, 07:06 PM
its the first loss since the redskins game last december. nine months of glory and then dissapointment last night.

things are just heightened because it was the first game of the year, at home, and against the cowboys. it sucks, no doubt about it, but gotta keep things in perspective. there are still 15 games to make it right again and get the team going in the right direction. there's plenty of talent on this team

people will get over it, it's been less than 24 hours.

giantyankee1976
09-06-2012, 07:17 PM

preach it brother...

but i still think motivation was killed as dubious penalties were called and non-called, as DB after DB went down, as balls were fumbled and overthrown etc.

Roswell777
09-06-2012, 07:22 PM
What are we defending? Our championship cannot be taken away from us. Thus, there is nothing for us to defend

Wow. Somebody better tell that to Alex Trebek lol. Come to think of it, I think he says "returning" champion, not defending champion, so you could be right.

Great. So today I learned that there's no such thing as a title defense. Okay. What?

Laurah1275
09-06-2012, 07:33 PM
LOL,...TC says it every year after a bad loss...:)

http://youtu.be/85V1Xewv20k

JB456
09-06-2012, 09:42 PM
so you don't think a horrid job at run blocking is execution?

And it opened it up in the second half. Bradshaw had a legit second half

I think the horrid run blocking is a combination of lack of ability (on the offensive line) and execution. Unfortunately, there is no way to correct for a lack of ability.

Also, I don't think Bradshaw had a very good second half. His yards were distorted by that one monster 33 yard carry he had. He averaged a whopping 2.8 yards a carry if you take away that one 33 yard run.

My point is, I don't think it is worth trying to establish a run first offense anymore. The Giants just don't have the line for it. I would prefer to see short quick passes to our talented receivers and use the pass to establish the run. Manning is more than capable of running this type of offense at this point in his career.

Imgrate
09-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Wow. Somebody better tell that to Alex Trebek lol. Come to think of it, I think he says "returning" champion, not defending champion, so you could be right.Great. So today I learned that there's no such thing as a title defense. Okay. What?in jeopardy you're actually defending your championship though. You can lose your championship the next game you play. Likewise you can defend your title in boxing because if you don't win your next match, the championship is taken away from you. In the NFL, though, no loss will ever take away our championship of the 11/12 season. We are the champions of that season and there has yet to be one crowned this season

Parademon
09-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Like many of you, I am extremely POed that we lost last night, especially to Dallas, but the fact of the matter is...they outplayed us & made the plays to win the game. We started 0-2 in 07 & gave up 85pts & everyone wanted TC's head on a platter. Last yr, we lost to the Foreskins in the opener & were 7-7 & everyone wanted TC's head on a platter. Are people gonna start the same BS should we lose to TB & start 0-2?

Even should we go 4-12 this yr, I would still want TC as the HC of this team till his contract is up. He can only coach, it's up to the players to perform on gameday & last night, Tuck & Osi did not perform on the defensive side of the ball & Cruz, & the Oline failed to perform on the Offensive side.

gumby74
09-06-2012, 10:40 PM
maybe until the next game. Every week is a new lifetime. If we blow somebody out next week, we go back to hearing "THIS IS WHY THE GIANTS ARE DEFENDING CHAMPIONS" haha. i don't think I've read/seen a single piece of media that puts us in any sort of menacing/a team to be reckoned with, light.

BillTheGreek
09-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Bad Start ! .................Great Finish.................GO GIANTS !

GCGiant
09-15-2012, 08:36 AM
Before the game I was thinking about something and I'll be darned if it didn't actually play out the way I was thinking. I believe that when playing Romo, you would be better off having the d-line not be so aggressive about getting the sack. Romo is very good at avoiding the pressure, and he seems to have his best plays in this type of situation. If you throttle the rush a little against him and keep people along the LOS, you have a chance at batting the ball down. He is already short and the ball comes out pretty low with him. You have to keep him contained.

This is what I said the day after the game...

This is what I read this morning from Osi...

“They were getting the ball out quick and we knew that, so we should’ve done a better job of getting our hands up,” Umenyiora said. “We weren’t going to be able to get to the quarterback in a lot of those situations, so we should’ve got our hands up and tried to knock the ball down, but we were pressing.

I would've told them this before the game. I think they got caught up in the high of being world champs and thought they could pin their ears back and just let the chips fall where they may. It could be a great thing that this happened on the first game of the year...we will see soon.

Diamondring
09-15-2012, 09:17 AM
NY Giants and NY Jets are my teams and I root for both of them. Yet the GIANTS get the nod though when they both play each other.

Oh and don't call people ignorant cause they can be right or wrong just like you and I.

miked1958
09-15-2012, 10:01 AM
If you get off the bandwagon, stay off and pick up a jets or cowboys jersey.Bad game but some of you are just ignorant.Keep in mind we've lost the first game of the year on our past two Super Bowl runs and the regular season is for fantasy football and MAKING it to the playoffs. It's all about just getting in the playoffs and it's a new season within a season.Somebody get some butter for webby cuz he was toast tonightSomebody get stickum for CruzAnd somebody call Osi and Tuck next week and let them know what time the game is so they don't miss it againAnd thank god we hav hixon, a bright spot for us tonight.Actually, they lost their first game to a divison foe in 3/4 SB winning seasons! 31-28 loss to Dallas in 86. Then a 45-35 lose to the cowboys again in 07 and a 24-10 loss to the skins last season.Also note worthy is we were hammered in game two in 07 by GB 35-13 and went down to the skins 17-0 at the half in game 3. At that point having yielded 97 points in 2.5 games

GMan-67
09-15-2012, 10:59 AM
at least somebody gets it

ny06
09-15-2012, 11:57 AM
We're all Giants fans here, we expect a lot from this team. And when this team loses, the angry threads come out. Even when we win we get some threads of "we could of done this better" the facts are we didn't play our best game last week, the Cowboys played better and capitalized on our mental mistakes. The Giants had 10 days to either have this loss motivate them, or sink them. I believe it will motivate them. Go out there this Sunday and leave it all on the field, set the tone from the opening kickoff. Let's get a win and send those Bucs back to Tampa with there heads low.

giantsfan420
09-15-2012, 12:40 PM
This is what I said the day after the game...

This is what I read this morning from Osi...

I would've told them this before the game. I think they got caught up in the high of being world champs and thought they could pin their ears back and just let the chips fall where they may. It could be a great thing that this happened on the first game of the year...we will see soon.
another thing that kinda tricked us was their center getting hurt. Fewell said the rest of the game, that was where he wanted to attack. And I fully get it, and the pressure up the middle caused an int. but on almost every other pass play, even if the pressure was getting there, romo would just flush out to his right or left. he did so on the double move TD to ogeltree...
i mean i know its hindsight and all, but I would have thought they would be more concerned with the QB escaping the pressure, it happens like almost every big game.

BeatYale
09-15-2012, 06:13 PM

I've been saying it here for years, even back on the old (old) forums; there's too many idiots around here who act completely unstable after a loss coming to ridiculous conclusions about the rest of the season and/or a player's careers. I don't see it as people being upset after a loss, it's something much worse lol.

I don't visit the forums as much after a loss because of this. It feeds the trolls and floods the forum with so much over dramatic negative crap.

DownWitJPP
09-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Бесплатно скачать фильмы (http://xn--80abmnnnherfid.xn--p1ai) Бесплатно скачать фильмы (http://xn--80abmnnnherfid.xn--p1ai/)

YABBA DABBA DO TO YOU TOO

Rat_bastich
09-15-2012, 07:35 PM
YABBA DABBA DO TO YOU TOO

You know that he is passing on a secret code that contains the Buc's gameplan right? We need to pass this up the chain of command.

RagTime Blue
09-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Despite the score, I feel that we did get blown-out. I never once got the feeling we were going to win that game. The only thing keeping us in the game were the Dallas penalties.

The good thing is that no matter what, it only counts as ONE loss. I think this team is better than that, and expect improvement all-around this week.

UmenYiourAnIdiot
09-15-2012, 11:31 PM
Yea, we will be ready to play tomorrow. I have faith in this team to do big things this season.

GO BIG BLUE!

joemorrisforprez
09-15-2012, 11:51 PM
The Giants came out flat on both sides of the ball, and lost their home opener against a hated rival.

There's a huge difference between fan criticism and jumping off the bandwagon. I'd say the far majority of posters on this board are pretty hard core Giants fans that will NEVER abandon the team.

I've been watching this team a long time.....if Scott Brunner and Dave Brown didn't push me off the bandwagon, this team sure won't.

But.....they've shown they are capable of putting together a much better effort than they showed last week.

joemorrisforprez
09-15-2012, 11:54 PM
Despite the score, I feel that we did get blown-out. I never once got the feeling we were going to win that game. The only thing keeping us in the game were the Dallas penalties.

The good thing is that no matter what, it only counts as ONE loss. I think this team is better than that, and expect improvement all-around this week.

It was a half-*** effort.

miked1958
09-16-2012, 01:09 AM
It was a half-*** effort.I think they got caught up in the whole basking in the glory of last seasons success on opening night and forgot they was a game to play and that you can't just go through the motions and get a win