PDA

View Full Version : Petrus/Boothe

giantsfan39
12-14-2011, 05:38 PM
These two guys have been such a surprise to our oline. But given the snapping issues Boothe has had why haven't we had Petrus at center and Boothe at LG? That looks like a better combo in terms of run blocking and pass protection as well to me.

ibbill
12-14-2011, 05:45 PM
These two guys have been such a surprise to our oline. But given the snapping issues Boothe has had* why haven't we had Petrus at center and Boothe at LG? That looks like a better combo in terms of run blocking and pass protection as well to me.

That snap issue makes me as apprehensive as when we had Dodge Punting for us always wondering if he was going to fumble the ball. Hope they really put some work in on the snap issue. Noticed ELI over the centre more often then usual against the cow girls.

G4L
12-14-2011, 05:47 PM
These two guys have been such a surprise to our oline. But given the snapping issues Boothe has had why haven't we had Petrus at center and Boothe at LG? That looks like a better combo in terms of run blocking and pass protection as well to me.
</P>

Is there a reason to believe Petrus would be a better snapper?</P>

RoanokeFan
12-14-2011, 05:49 PM
</p>

Is there a reason to believe Petrus would be a better snapper?</p>

With the energy Petrus displays, Eli would have to play in front of a back stop [:S]

yatitle
12-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Its hard watching Petrus and not thinking of a young Richie Seubert.

giantsfan39
12-14-2011, 06:10 PM
Boothe is still a good center. I am just scared the snapping will screw us over at the worst moment.

It almost did had Ware not jumped offsides last week.

G4L
12-14-2011, 06:13 PM
Boothe is still a good center. I am just scared the snapping will screw us over at the worst moment.

It almost did had Ware not jumped offsides last week.</P>

I definitely agree with you there. I just don't know that Petrus would be a better option. At least Boothe is a guard with a couple more years NFL experience. Hopefully getting another week of first team reps at center will makea difference for Boothe. I'd still rather take my chances with Boothe than put Baas back in, though. HeardBaas was participating in practice this week.</P>

giantsfan39
12-14-2011, 06:19 PM

It almost did had Ware not jumped offsides last week.</p>

I definitely agree with you there. I just don't know that Petrus would be a better option. At least Boothe is a guard with a couple more years NFL experience. Hopefully getting another week of first team reps at center will makea difference for Boothe. I'd still rather take my chances with Boothe than put Baas back in, though. HeardBaas was participating in practice this week.</p>

Baas is slightly better in pass protection but I would take Boothe's way better run blocking over that anyways.

But it is Coughlin. he will mess around with the lineup.

The pressure is mostly McKenzie and Diehl's fault. At this point I would like to see Brewer at RT.

Our line going into the next season should be Beatty-Boothe-Petrus-Snee-Brewer imo.

netplus
12-14-2011, 07:47 PM
"Beatty-Boothe-Petrus-Snee-Brewer "

Agree that Mckenzie and Diehl have to be replaced. It's too early to tell with Boothe and Petrus. Hopefully we sign a quality free agent OL and take one early in the draft since Brewer is an unknown.

giantsfan39
12-14-2011, 07:53 PM
I agree with taking a OL in the draft and finding one in free agency.

RT could easily be upgraded in free agency and there are good guards to be found in the second.

Gianthunter
12-14-2011, 07:57 PM
"Beatty-Boothe-Petrus-Snee-Brewer " Agree that Mckenzie and Diehl have to be replaced. It's too early to tell with Boothe and Petrus. Hopefully we sign a quality free agent OL and take one early in the draft since Brewer is an unknown.Stat ***** alert. It's very simple come on nobody pays attention. Boothe has been Seubert type fill in on the O-line. Which we are lucky to have.

netplus
12-14-2011, 08:02 PM
"Gianthunter"

Ignorance alert

Gianthunter
12-14-2011, 08:07 PM
"Gianthunter" Ignorance alertSee the little quote button. It shouldn't be that hard to see look past the numbers swirling around come on you can do it spanky.

fourth&forever
12-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Not sure if Petrus has any snapping experience. Let him cut his teeth at guard.

Boothe needs to be practicing shotgun snaps 24/7.

netplus
12-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Gianthunter, Why don't you add something on topic that adds value to the discussion instead of your ignorant comments.

RoanokeFan
12-14-2011, 08:23 PM
"Beatty-Boothe-Petrus-Snee-Brewer " Agree that Mckenzie and Diehl have to be replaced. It's too early to tell with Boothe and Petrus. Hopefully we sign a quality free agent OL and take one early in the draft since Brewer is an unknown.Stat ***** alert. It's very simple come on nobody pays attention. Boothe has been Seubert type fill in on the O-line. Which we are lucky to have.

+1

Gianthunter
12-14-2011, 08:25 PM
Gianthunter, Why don't you add something on topic that adds value to the discussion instead of your ignorant comments.<FONT size=6>Boothe has been Seubert type fill in on the O-line. Which we are lucky to have</FONT>. Better spanky[*-)][8-)]

Mod_C
12-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Gianthunter, Why don't you add something on topic that adds value to the discussion instead of your ignorant comments.

Why not just make your arguments without the additional rhetoric?

giantsfan39
12-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Boothe has been good but nowhere near Seubert's level. Seubert looked like he was playing center his entire career. Boothe still struggles with snapping the ball. I hope it is because he is rusty since they gave Baas most of the snaps in the preseason and early this season. He might get it together at some point this season.

Kase-1
12-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Boothe has been an overwhelmingly huge suprise, all I think of is him getting beaten and left flat footed last season whenever he saw the field. This season has been 100% different, other than his understandable snapping snafu's he's been a great run blocker and pretty good pass blocker as well

Petrus is great to watch, everytime he sees the field it looks like he's more than thrilled to play any down he can, his play aint half bad either. He's shown that he has the wheels to lay some nice blocks on the pulls he's been asked to do, couldnt say the same about Diehl this season

netplus
12-15-2011, 01:52 PM
In his first two games Petrus has run blocked well, but pass blocked poorly. Hopefully he plays and improves these last three games. Boothe had good games vs NO and GB, but a bad game vs DAL. For our OL, two out of three aint bad, and hopefully he improves over the next three games too.