PDA

View Full Version : Did Eli run over Ian O'Connor's dog?

ajd4545
09-06-2012, 05:48 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8343370/new-york-giants-eli-manning-outdueled-dallas-cowboys-qb-tony-romo

What a piece of trash article, Absolutely trashes Eli and then says Eli Padded his stats by driving down the field and making it a one score game with 2 minutes left and 2 time outs.

Harooni
09-06-2012, 06:00 AM
he didn't trash him really, he went on to say the giants expect more from a two time mvp. the problem is Eli didn't have a bad game we all know that drops and fumbles hurt us by the others . However all this elite and HOF talk you would think Eli would be the best QB on his home turf. I think that is what he was trying to say.

ajd4545
09-06-2012, 06:03 AM
he didn't trash him really, he went on to say the giants expect more from a two time mvp. the problem is Eli didn't have a bad game we all know that drops and fumbles hurt us by the others . However all this elite and HOF talk you would think Eli would be the best QB on his home turf.<br><br>The Giants and Eli have actually been much better on the road. Only one of their 8 playoff wins came in the Meadowlands.

Harooni
09-06-2012, 06:05 AM
But it is so odd for a QB to play better on the road. Never really have seen this before. One thing is Eli has gotten way better over the years and looked pretty solid the whole game.

rainierjef
09-06-2012, 06:30 AM
But it is so odd for a QB to play better on the road. Never really have seen this before. One thing is Eli has gotten way better over the years and looked pretty solid the whole game.

......who are you?

plaxattack17
09-06-2012, 06:51 AM
another ****ty article from O'Connor. Conveniently overlooking the reality if your main reciever drops 3 easy catches a couple other guys with shocking drops, the O-line doin its best to get Eli killed and there's no running game for 3 qtrs what is it exactly Eli is at fault for? He was solid+ unspectacular, i'd have loved him to play better but he's the last source of blame for last night

Rod-Diggity
09-06-2012, 09:00 AM
this is why I avoid espn and all the so-called experts for the week after a loss, their overreaction kills me I can't take that crap

Kruunch
09-06-2012, 09:02 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8343370/new-york-giants-eli-manning-outdueled-dallas-cowboys-qb-tony-romo

What a piece of trash article, Absolutely trashes Eli and then says Eli Padded his stats by driving down the field and making it a one score game with 2 minutes left and 2 time outs.

I think the fact that Eli didn't part the Red Sea last night had the ancient Egyptians breathing a sigh of relief.

miked1958
09-06-2012, 09:04 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8343370/new-york-giants-eli-manning-outdueled-dallas-cowboys-qb-tony-romoWhat a piece of trash article, Absolutely trashes Eli and then says Eli Padded his stats by driving down the field and making it a one score game with 2 minutes left and 2 time outs.He really didn't have that bad a game for a guy that had only a micro second to throw the ball

Zaggs
09-06-2012, 09:14 AM
He really didn't have that bad a game for a guy that had only a micro second to throw the ball

And all the drops that would've resulted in first downs from his receivers. Kinda hard to be an elite QB when your team can't run, your D gives up big plays and even when you hit them in both hands your receivers don't want to catch the ball.

Drez
09-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Doesn't O'Connor usually follow the Jets beat with Cimini?

Drez
09-06-2012, 09:16 AM
And all the drops that would've resulted in first downs from his receivers. Kinda hard to be an elite QB when your team can't run, your D gives up big plays and even when you hit them in both hands your receivers don't want to catch the ball.

Seriously, we had at least, what, 5 or 6 drops last night? With 4 or 5 of them that would have been good for firsts?

ajd4545
09-06-2012, 11:58 AM
He really didn't have that bad a game for a guy that had only a micro second to throw the ball

Funny How O'Connor makes Eli out to be the Goat yet at least in one article he was given an "A" grade for his play in last night's game.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1324204-cowboys-vs-giants-instant-grades-analysis-for-new-yorks-week-1-game/page/2

DavenIII
09-06-2012, 12:02 PM
he didn't trash him really, he went on to say the giants expect more from a two time mvp. the problem is Eli didn't have a bad game we all know that drops and fumbles hurt us by the others . However all this elite and HOF talk you would think Eli would be the best QB on his home turf. I think that is what he was trying to say.

hold on a sec, I thought you left Harooni? when did you come back?

yoeddy
09-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Eli would have torched the Giants' secondary last night...

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Eli would have torched the Giants' secondary last night...
Morehead would have torched the Giants secondary last night.

Toadofsteel
09-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Eli had about the best damn game he could have possibly had with the way his O-line was playing, a lack of a running game (where KG still tried to run it, leaving Eli only one down to throw), Cruz dropping the ball and getting mugged, and the lack of any defensive stop to speak of. Him and the Unicorn were some of the lone bright spots of last night.