PDA

View Full Version : Refs cost us 7 points

The_ One
09-06-2012, 09:31 AM
And that is a fact, wonder how many more game changing calls we will have to see till the NFL realises it's a HUGE problem.

BlueSanta
09-06-2012, 09:33 AM
the refs called FAR more penalties on the cowboys. Stop making excuses.

ryan12
09-06-2012, 09:34 AM
while the did call more penalties against dallas they were holding jpp and our wideouts all night

titwio
09-06-2012, 09:35 AM
I actually thought the ref's did a good job yesterday...It definitely looked like a huge improvement compared to the preseason.

ozzie0075
09-06-2012, 09:35 AM
Giants didn't lose because of the Refs the missed call on Cruz. But the Giants had plenty of opportunities to take control of the game and ended up beating themselves. The fumble by Wilson, 3 drops and a bad plenty by Cruz, drops by Bennet and AB, Tryon not able to down the punt inside the 5 and an easy INT dropped by Webby.

giantfan1976
09-06-2012, 09:36 AM
And that is a fact, wonder how many more game changing calls we will have to see till the NFL realises it's a HUGE problem.

They cost us 4 points, but your assuming Victor Cruz would have chosen to hang onto that pass... which, last night, that's a huge stretch. I want to be clear that bad refereeing is part of the game and I by no means blame the referees for the loss... Dallas beat the NYG soundly last night and the coaching and players didn't adjust to what they were doing all night long (slant routes and cutback lanes). But, there were 3 obvious pass interferences that were not called an plays on their half of the field. That combined with the holding on JPP all night and it was a recipe for disaster with the temp referees. Oh well, gives us hope for the next time we play them.

ozzie0075
09-06-2012, 09:36 AM
I actually thought the ref's did a good job yesterday...It definitely looked like a huge improvement compared to the preseason.

I completely agree.

The_ One
09-06-2012, 09:37 AM
It's not an excuse, not saying that we did not play good, they played slow and uninspired, but that was an obvious BAD non call, sorry but that is a HUGE non call, and it has nothing to do with how both teams played, and JPP was being mugged pretty much all night.

njersey
09-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Giants didn't lose because of the Refs the missed call on Cruz was bad. But the Giants had plenty of opportunities to take control of the game and ended up beating themselves. The fumble by Wilson, 3 drops and a bad plenty by Cruz, a drops by Bennet and AB, Tryon not able to down the punt inside the 5 and an easy INT dropped by Webby.

It's rough when our only option on 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Goal is a pass play. That is my biggest concern. Even when we had Jacobs, we were not very good on the goal line.

Black
09-06-2012, 09:40 AM
refs didnt cost us the game. our team played like crap *cough CRUZ *cough

ozzie0075
09-06-2012, 09:44 AM
while the did call more penalties against dallas they were holding jpp and our wideouts all night

The Dallas offense had so many false start penalties yet the Giants defense still couldn't stop them.

TheAnalyst
09-06-2012, 09:51 AM

I agree with that, but we lost this game, not the refs. If we couldnt score on 3 shots into the endzone from the 1 then we dont deserve that TD. Gilbride, ever hear of the play action? I 100% guarentee that would work.