PDA

View Full Version : Come on People

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 11:13 AM
I would have thought it would take more than one game for posters to forget that we won a SB last season. We have threads blaming Fewell, blaming play calling, even saying that we should stay in the "no huddle" for the entire game.

The sky is NOT falling. Dallas exposed an unready, scrub corner and we generally played a bad game. Trust me, this game was a lot better than the Washington game from week 1, last year.
Our coaching staff is fine. Our organization is fine. DAVID WILSON is fine. Justin Tuck is fine.
It was a bad game and we'll come out and probably play well next week.

Calm Down folks!

Redeyejedi
09-06-2012, 11:18 AM
They won 9 games Morehead lets not act like they set the world on fire last year. The problems the Giants have im not sure are fixable.That Oline will be bad all year long and good chance they will still be short CB's and DT's for the next few games. By then it could be to late. Giants arent getting in with 9 wins again

Drez
09-06-2012, 11:18 AM
And even with as bad as we played, we were still in the game at the end.

BigBlue1971
09-06-2012, 11:19 AM
i agree!

they adjusted better for the 2nd half. our defense was not ready. noone was ready.

Ogletree????!!!!!

cm'on

Buddy333
09-06-2012, 11:25 AM
It's not over, but there are some major issues here. Not only did they expose the 4th and 5th DB on this team, they also torched their #1 CB. Webster looked horrible. The OL is a joke. They where horrible last year and are a year older and slower. Bennett can block but I was not impressed. I think Nicks is not the same and he won't get any better as the season goes on. So DT is a big issue. Bernard played good but he will get tired as the season goes on. There is more to the Canty injury in my opinion. I don't see him being 100% this year. I've supported Austin but he played one pre season game and looked winded after a couple of plays. On top of that he hasn't played in a month.

DavenIII
09-06-2012, 11:26 AM
This is still a big lose Morehead, everything was going for us, home game, super bowl champs and all the pomp and pageantry that goes with it, if we can't win this one how can we expect to beat the boys on their own turf later this year....

we have a division rival that seems to just be a better team then us, It makes sense to worry a little.

Morehead State
They won 9 games Morehead lets not act like they set the world on fire last year. The problems the Giants have im not sure are fixable.That Oline will be bad all year long and good chance they will still be short CB's and DT's for the next few games. By then it could be to late. Giants arent getting in with 9 wins again
They played great the last 6 games of the season. Yes we were up and down during most of the season, but we know this team is capable of playing at a very high level.
We DID set the world on fire last year. We plowed through the best teams in football to win a SB. I have no idea if we will regain that, but I know we are capable of playing very good football. The past IS prologue.

Morehead State
i agree!

they adjusted better for the 2nd half. our defense was not ready. noone was ready.

Ogletree????!!!!!

cm'on

Well I did pick him up on my fantasy team this morning.

BigBlue1971
09-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Well I did pick him up on my fantasy team this morning.

lol. i didnt wanna say it but i went looking too!

Flip Empty
09-06-2012, 11:28 AM
stuff
What makes you think Nicks "won't get any better"? He missed out on a pre-season, he'll be fine eventually.

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 11:35 AM
This is still a big lose Morehead, everything was going for us, home game, super bowl champs and all the pomp and pageantry that goes with it, if we can't win this one how can we expect to beat the boys on their own turf later this year....

we have a division rival that seems to just be a better team then us, It makes sense to worry a little.
I'm not saying this loss doesn't hurt. It certainly does. But the short memories here about our coaching staff especially are rediculous.

JB456
09-06-2012, 11:36 AM
I would have thought it would take more than one game for posters to forget that we won a SB last season. We have threads blaming Fewell, blaming play calling, even saying that we should stay in the "no huddle" for the entire game.

The sky is NOT falling. Dallas exposed an unready, scrub corner and we generally played a bad game. Trust me, this game was a lot better than the Washington game from week 1, last year.
Our coaching staff is fine. Our organization is fine. DAVID WILSON is fine. Justin Tuck is fine.

Calm Down folks!

This game was really sloppy. There are many areas that the Giants can improve so you are right telling people that they shouldn't worry.

jakegibbs
09-06-2012, 11:37 AM

Calm Down folks!

And what did you see last night that makes you think they will play better next week if they don't change their offensive & defensive strategies? No huddle offense & man D with bitz pressure might be in order if they lay an egg in week 2 right?

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 11:42 AM
And what did you see last night that makes you think they will play better next week if they don't change their offensive & defensive strategies? No huddle offense & man D with bitz pressure might be in order if they lay an egg in week 2 right?
We played 10 times worse in our opener last season and quite honestly not much better vs. St. Louis the next week. We have 10 days to sort it out.
We still have Eli Manning, we still have the best D line in football. We still have outstanding WR's. And we still have a great coaching staff.
To answer your question...I didn't see much at all. I'm as disappointed as anyone. But I'm not throwing in the towel because I've seen much, much worse in the past and then went on to win SB's. I'm still confident that we are a good football team.

GMENAGAIN
09-06-2012, 11:42 AM

Calm Down folks!

I think that you would have better luck banging your head against the wall . . . .

G.I. Ants
09-06-2012, 11:43 AM
And what did you see last night that makes you think they will play better next week if they don't change their offensive & defensive strategies? No huddle offense & man D with bitz pressure might be in order if they lay an egg in week 2 right?I think sticking with their strategy is best for the team. Let's not get carried away thinking blitz all the time. Tony Romo made huge plays when the big blue blitz him.

DavenIII
09-06-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm not saying this loss doesn't hurt. It certainly does. But the short memories here about our coaching staff especially are rediculous.

The other thing is our schedule, I had this marked down as a win, now it's a lose, there aren't many "wins" in our schedule this year...we need to win this type of game.

ryan12
09-06-2012, 11:45 AM
its 1 game and yes it was a bad loss time to move on we do have a game on the 16th

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 11:49 AM
I think that you would have better luck banging your head against the wall . . . .
I tried that last night and it didn't work. That was a tough game to watch for us.
I just think that we can say that this guy played lousy and that guy played lousy. To me it really came down to Romo exploiting our 5th corner who clearly can't cover. Everything else is fodder for discussion, but that gaping hole in our defense lost us the game.

jurzeeguy
09-06-2012, 11:55 AM
we have always had problems in the secondary we have these fragile(VERY) fragile db's the front 4 linemen puts so much pressure on qb's and makes the secondary looks good by forcing the qb to throw faster then he wants..so hence they look good on bad days,but the problem is they the db's are fragile.prince is fragile.webster hmmm. db..we need either a new db coach or new db's

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 11:56 AM
we have always had problems in the secondary we have these fragile(VERY) fragile db's the front 4 linemen puts so much pressure on qb's and makes the secondary looks good by forcing the qb to throw faster then he wants..so hence they look good on bad days,but the problem is they the db's are fragile.prince is fragile.webster hmmm. db..we need either a new db coach or new db's
Romo played a great game. We actually had good pressure on him all day.

bklyn1028
09-06-2012, 12:45 PM

GMENAGAIN, he right......Wilson is fine, he fumbled, but then again so did Barber, Bradshaw, jacobs, all the great ones fumble. The kid played his FIRST game in the national spotlight, give him some slack. Now, if his fumbling continues, then there's an issue.....We were in the game the entire time.......Sloppy, but we were in the game the entire time.

DandyDon
09-06-2012, 01:00 PM
I tried that last night and it didn't work. That was a tough game to watch for us.
I just think that we can say that this guy played lousy and that guy played lousy. To me it really came down to Romo exploiting our 5th corner who clearly can't cover. Everything else is fodder for discussion, but that gaping hole in our defense lost us the game.

I agree. Did you see the replay of the look on Coughlin's face when they told him Coe was out? My face was worse....

There will be a new cornerback added to this team before next weeks game. Not sure what is out there, but it gotta be better than Hoser.

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 01:04 PM
I agree. Did you see the replay of the look on Coughlin's face when they told him Coe was out? My face was worse....

There will be a new cornerback added to this team before next weeks game. Not sure what is out there, but it gotta be better than Hoser.
I don't think we'll find anyone off the street. We are thin at corner and probably will be all year. Lets hope that prince gets and stays healthy. (Oh yeah......and plays like a first round pick too)