PDA

View Full Version : Twin Edge Sword

rebelfan1966
09-06-2012, 10:17 AM
I am bummed over loosing to the Cowboys.... but..... nothing like getting slugged in the mouth the first game to wake up a sleeping Giant. We see this almost every season, players injured in preseason, eventually return to help the team, other players get better along the way, and we piece together wins. I have no reason to doubt we can't do it again this season. I saw a lot of rust of "first game jitters" in the game last night. I suspect the dropped passes and fumbles will get resolved in short order and we will figure out a way to protect our weak D secondary.

jakegibbs
09-06-2012, 10:34 AM
I am bummed over loosing to the Cowboys.... but..... nothing like getting slugged in the mouth the first game to wake up a sleeping Giant. We see this almost every season, players injured in preseason, eventually return to help the team, other players get better along the way, and we piece together wins. I have no reason to doubt we can't do it again this season. I saw a lot of rust of "first game jitters" in the game last night. I suspect the dropped passes and fumbles will get resolved in short order and we will figure out a way to protect our weak D secondary.

Yeah you're right by mid-season #22 will be 6'4" 250lbs & runing between the tackles for 100+ yds per game. Yeah & our below aver size DB's will grow up & start pressing & disrupting intended routes & average 1 int per game. Yeah & our LB's will start covering the quick slants & making tackles behind the line & our WR's will stop dropping pass after pass killing drives. Yeah & our supposively "best front 4 in the NFL, Krackon DL will wake up & start playing Giant Football yad-da-yad-da-yad-da.

Of all the games they laid an egg this had to be the one. Opening day; only NFL SB team to ever lose an opener & look bad doing it. I heard #85 is still wide open in the Giant secondary. Good grief Twin Edge Swords cut both ways on offense & defense right? This is a 6-10 team at best right now & that's being generous + we have to wait roughly 2 weeks to try & get the bad taste of the opener out of our mouths. Now if they have a repeat in game 2 TC job will be on the line again. Oh how quickly we forget & do not forgive right?

PS: Is it true that Jerry has purchased mini-rings for all the Poke players after last night's return to Giant donimance in the NFC East?