PDA

View Full Version : Note To Perry Fewell: TONY ROMO IS A MOBILE QB!

bigblue58
09-06-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm only saying this because it looked like the Giants were seeing Romo for the first time and didn't know that he's a scrambler!
HELLO GIANTS defense....have you ever played Tony Romo before last night?
I usually yell scream and break my remote watching games like this, but the Giants have played the game they played last night TOO TOO TOO many times in the 40+ years I've been a fan, and it just leaves me numb now!
You know......... it's amazing how, if you've followed a team long enough you can actually FEEL in your bones the outcome of games they are going to win or lose, just by what happens in a few plays here and there.
I knew this game was lost when they had to settle for the FG......and I knew that the deal was sealed, and that they wouldn't get the ball back the moment they elected NOT to onside kick, and were going to rely on the secondary......which had been torched the entire game, to hold Romo to a 3 and out!
Bad start to the season.....and deja vu all over again as the Giants reprise their Finlandia secondary!

YATittle1962
09-06-2012, 11:24 AM
anytime Romo went mobile he was escaping pressure.

the problem was the O line ...run and pass blocking

receivers dropping passes

and the horribly depleted CB position......now with Coe having a hammy they are down to Webster and the 5th CB in Tryon and a rookie

also sitting in the stadium last night I was disappointed by the lack of effort by JPP....he was taking plays off like it was his job

not a good looking game at all....but a mobile Romo was not the issue last night

BlueSanta
09-06-2012, 11:24 AM
note to you. Fewell knows a lot more about football than you do.

ShakeandBake
09-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Note to the OP; Fewell isn't out on the field, blame our LBs/DEs for not knowing what outside contain means.

YATittle1962
09-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Note to the OP; Fewell isn't out on the field, blame our LBs/DEs for not knowing what outside contain means.

where I do not believe Fewell was at all the problem....if they did not know to keep outside contain that would be a coaching issue

but that was not the issue

RoanokeFan
09-06-2012, 11:34 AM
I'm only saying this because it looked like the Giants were seeing Romo for the first time and didn't know that he's a scrambler!
HELLO GIANTS defense....have you ever played Tony Romo before last night?
I usually yell scream and break my remote watching games like this, but the Giants have played the game they played last night TOO TOO TOO many times in the 40+ years I've been a fan, and it just leaves me numb now!
You know......... it's amazing how, if you've followed a team long enough you can actually FEEL in your bones the outcome of games they are going to win or lose, just by what happens in a few plays here and there.
I knew this game was lost when they had to settle for the FG......and I knew that the deal was sealed, and that they wouldn't get the ball back the moment they elected NOT to onside kick, and were going to rely on the secondary......which had been torched the entire game, to hold Romo to a 3 and out!
Bad start to the season.....and deja vu all over again as the Giants reprise their Finlandia secondary!

I just don't understand how you, and others, lay this at the feet of Perry Fewell.

Rod-Diggity
09-06-2012, 11:44 AM
more like note to rivers smh whiffing on him like that

bigblue58
09-06-2012, 11:49 AM
I just don't understand how you, and others, lay this at the feet of Perry Fewell.

Because they always game plan against Michael Vick, focusing on keeping him contained, (with a lot of success i might add) but didn't do the same thing against Romo!
We lay flowers at Fewells feet when he's had a successful game plan against a mobile QB like Vick, but it's only on the players when it goes the other way? Come on man!

JesseJames
09-06-2012, 11:51 AM
note to you. Fewell knows a lot more about football than you do.
he didn't show it last night

GMENAGAIN
09-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Because they always game plan against Michael Vick, focusing on keeping him contained, (with a lot of success i might add) but didn't do the same thing against Romo!
We lay flowers at Fewells feet when he's had a successful game plan against a mobile QB like Vick, but it's only on the players when it goes the other way? Come on man!

You have Fewell's game plan from last night?

YATittle1962
09-06-2012, 11:52 AM

designating a spy to Tony Romo as they do Vick would be foolish

Romo did very little damage with his feet last night......and when he did it was due to a pressure and a broken play

egyptian420
09-06-2012, 11:58 AM
I really don't think it was coaching problems last night at all. I think it had to do more with execution. Our o-line couldn't do squat. We couldn't run block or protect Eli.

And furthermore, our secondary is metaphorically in a wheelchair right now.

bigblue58
09-06-2012, 11:58 AM

and the horribly depleted CB position......now with Coe having a hammy they are down to Webster and the 5th CB in Tryon and a rookie

also sitting in the stadium last night I was disappointed by the lack of effort by JPP....he was taking plays off like it was his job

not a good looking game at all....but a mobile Romo was not the issue last night

If you believe that Romo being mobile wasn't the issue, then you were watching a different game than me dude! He completed all his big passing plays on the run. Saying his mobility wasn't an issue is as absurd as saying that the Cowboys scoring more points than us wasn't the issue.
I agree we had OL issues as well, but once again....I sound like a broken record, but we scored enough points to win, had the Defense kept Romo in the pocket and the secondary hadn't reverted back to it's evil twin!

RoanokeFan
09-06-2012, 11:59 AM

What similarities do you see between Michael Vick and Tony Romo.

RoanokeFan
09-06-2012, 12:01 PM
If you believe that Romo being mobile wasn't the issue, then you were watching a different game than me dude! He completed all his big passing plays on the run. Saying his mobility wasn't an issue is as absurd as saying that the Cowboys scoring more points than us wasn't the issue.<br>
I agree we had OL issues as well, but once again....I sound like a broken record, but we scored enough points to win, had the Defense kept Romo in the pocket and the secondary hadn't reverted back to it's evil twin!<br><br>They scored 24 points and we scored 17 points and you think we scored enough points to win?

bigblue58
09-06-2012, 12:03 PM
I really don't think it was coaching problems last night at all. I think it had to do more with execution. Our o-line couldn't do squat. We couldn't run block or protect Eli.

And furthermore, our secondary is metaphorically in a wheelchair right now.

Funny, but I don't remember injuries ever being an acceptable excuse on this message board before! Did we all find religion in the off season or something?

bigblue58
09-06-2012, 12:07 PM
<br><br>They scored 24 points and we scored 17 points and you think we scored enough points to win?

Whoa ....now I'm definitely calling BS on you dude...... because the concensus on this board last year was >>>"we shouldn't have to score 35 or 40 points just to be in a game"! Now you're saying that we NEED to score 30 or 40 points to win a game???
Yeah........17 points should have been enough to win that game last night....thats EXACTLY what I'm saying!

YATittle1962
09-06-2012, 12:12 PM
If you believe that Romo being mobile wasn't the issue, then you were watching a different game than me dude! He completed all his big passing plays on the run. Saying his mobility wasn't an issue is as absurd as saying that the Cowboys scoring more points than us wasn't the issue.
I agree we had OL issues as well, but once again....I sound like a broken record, but we scored enough points to win, had the Defense kept Romo in the pocket and the secondary hadn't reverted back to it's evil twin!

first big play to Dez he was just standing in the pocket

his first TD he was escaping pressure from JPP and Linval Joseph and found Ogletree alone ...simply stepped to his right

second TD to Ogletree he simply stepped to his right when Osi took an inside move

big play to Austin on the sideline was from the pocket

TD to Austin was from the pocket

so where are all these big plays due to Romos mobility ?

he was stepping aside just as any QB in the league would

the one time he scrambled and completed to Austin.... Linval had stopped pursuit and was motioning to the ref because he was being held (which was ridiculous on his part)

how about the D line tackles someone when they are 10 yards behind the LOS
and how about the receivers catch the ball when it hits them in the chest

again Romos mobility was not an issue

RoanokeFan
09-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Whoa ....now I'm definitely calling BS on you dude...... because the concensus on this board last year was >>>"we shouldn't have to score 35 or 40 points just to be in a game"! Now you're saying that we NEED to score 30 or 40 points to win a game???
Yeah........17 points should have been enough to win that game last night....thats EXACTLY what I'm saying!

I'm saying when the other team scores more points than we do, we lose.

bigblue58
09-06-2012, 12:19 PM
You have Fewell's game plan from last night?

Come on man...i expect better than that from the likes of a senior member with over 10k posts.
No , in point of fact I was not privvy to Fewell's game plan.....a fact I obviously shared with the Giants Defensive players!

bigblue58
09-06-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm saying when the other team scores more points than we do, we lose.

That's why I specified "SHOULD HAVE"..... been enough to win and didn't say WAS enough to win!

bigblue58
09-06-2012, 12:27 PM
first big play to Dez he was just standing in the pocket

his first TD he was escaping pressure from JPP and Linval Joseph and found Ogletree alone ...simply stepped to his right

second TD to Ogletree he simply stepped to his right when Osi took an inside move

big play to Austin on the sideline was from the pocket

TD to Austin was from the pocket

so where are all these big plays due to Romos mobility ?

he was stepping aside just as any QB in the league would

the one time he scrambled and completed to Austin.... Linval had stopped pursuit and was motioning to the ref because he was being held (which was ridiculous on his part)

how about the D line tackles someone when they are 10 yards behind the LOS
and how about the receivers catch the ball when it hits them in the chest

again Romos mobility was not an issue

Yeah fine you win...Romo's ability to scramble played absolutely NO PART in the Giants getting burned last night. I guess those completions that he threw on the run were meaningless because they were not TD's but only went for unimportant trifles like first downs and extended drives! How stupid of me.

YATittle1962
09-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Yeah fine you win...Romo's ability to scramble played absolutely NO PART in the Giants getting burned last night! Happy now? That was obviously someone who LOOKED liked Romo throwing 2 killer TD's on the run. What did we lose by again....SEVEN? yeah...those 14 points were meaningless. Hey..when you're right you're right dude...what can I say.

TDs on the run?

maybe you should re watch those plays because he was far from on the run....he was simply stepping to his right

if stepping to your right and throwing a TD makes you mobile then every QB in the league should wear Tarkenton on the back of their jersey

NYGFaninILL
09-06-2012, 12:45 PM
It's not Fewells fault that the d-line lost contain when they got pressure

B&RWarrior
09-06-2012, 12:49 PM
The biggest problem I saw last night was pass coverage. Our best corner got worked like a rookie.

bigblue58
09-06-2012, 01:03 PM
TDs on the run?

maybe you should re watch those plays because he was far from on the run....he was simply stepping to his right

if stepping to your right and throwing a TD makes you mobile then every QB in the league should wear Tarkenton on the back of their jersey

Yeah you're right....looking at it again he didn't throw TD's on the run, he only threw completions for first downs that extended drives, time and time again on the run...... and we all know how unimportant that is to the outcome of a game! I mean...so what that those extended plays led to the TD's....it's unimportant according to you because he didn't throw the TD's on the run!

YATittle1962
09-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Yeah you're right....looking at it again he didn't throw TD's on the run, he only threw completions for first downs that extended drives, time and time again on the run...... and we all know how unimportant that is to the outcome of a game! I mean...so what that those extended plays led to the TD's....it's unimportant according to you because he didn't throw the TD's on the run!

not unimportant at all

YOU said "killer TDs on the run"

not me

and from my seat in the stadium I don't recall first downs thrown from a scrambling Romo

I remember him running for a first....and scrambling and throwing to Austin for a few yards ...but not a first

not sure where these plays are you are talking about

I am actually rewatching the game on NFL Rewind right now and still don't see these amazing mobile plays by Romo

BurnerNYG
09-06-2012, 01:10 PM
We should've been able to score more than 17. We got Eli... the running game's not working? Throw the ball then and throw It often. Eli only threw for a little over 200...I thought this was a passing league. Did Fewell just help us win a Superbowl? I could've sworn I seen him on the sidelines calling plays.

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 01:10 PM

wow i agree about everyhing except JPP... it seemed like every play he was blowing past Smith or bull rushing free into the backfield. He was the only DE that showed up to play

and even if that is your take on JPP, i would rather take the guy who takes plays off than takes whole games off. Has anybody found Tuck or Osi yet or are they still MIA?

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 01:12 PM
We should've been able to score more than 17. We got Eli... the running game's not working? Throw the ball then and throw It often. Eli only threw for a little over 200...I thought this was a passing league. Did Fewell just help us win a Superbowl? I could've sworn I seen him on the sidelines calling plays.

its more of a passing league, but its not a passing league...

Al michaels made the moronic statement during the game about the past superbowl champions having bad rushing games...

he forgot to mention the success they all had running the ball in the postseason...

regular season is all about just getting to the playoffs and having something other to watch with fantasy football when the giants aren't on

BurnerNYG
09-06-2012, 01:18 PM
its more of a passing league, but its not a passing league...

Al michaels made the moronic statement during the game about the past superbowl champions having bad rushing games...

he forgot to mention the success they all had running the ball in the postseason...

regular season is all about just getting to the playoffs and having something other to watch with fantasy football when the giants aren't onI hear what you're saying but at the same time, they gave us a team we should've beat last night. If we would've played with the urgency we played with in the 4th quarter, we would've won the game. The difference with the postseason and the regular season, our coaching staff gets a little more aggressive. They need to keep that killer instinct throughout....we were way too conservative last night.

Eli2Shockey4aTD
09-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Well I will say Ed Werder just tweeted

"Romo threw 2 TD passes outside pocket and has 12 past two seasons, half against NYG. No other QB more than 3 against single opp."

YATittle1962
09-06-2012, 01:19 PM
ok bigblue58

I just watched every offensive snap the Cowboys had last night

not one first down thrown where Romo extended the play with his feet.....not one....a big fat ZERO

he slipped to his right on both Ogletree TDs.......a move any QB in the league would make

and he ran for 2 first downs

so where are these plays you are talking about?

or are you just making things up now?

bigblue58
09-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Ok so what you're telling me is that Romo's ability to escape pressure last night was insignificant and not a factor at all? How can anyone, having watched the same game I did , seriously make that assertion? All the talking head idiots are discussing today while showing the lowlights from the game is Romo extending play after play with his legs! What game was THAT from?

bigblue58
09-06-2012, 01:28 PM
The game was already replayed on NFL Replay? Since when do they replay the game the next day?

YATittle1962
09-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Ok so what you're telling me is that Romo's ability to escape pressure last night was insignificant and not a factor at all? How can anyone, having watched the same game I did , seriously make that assertion? All the talking head idiots are discussing today while showing the lowlights from the game is Romo extending play after play with his legs! What game was THAT from?

he is a mobile guy....sure

but I cannot allow people to sit here and make false statements

first...."killer TDs on the move"...which there were none of

second...."he only threw completions for first downs that extended drives, time and time again on the run."...... again never happened

sure he rolled out of the pocket like any pro QB in this league would and ran for 2 first downs.....but lets not exaggerate and make him Tarkenton when the evidence of those statements being false are extremely accessible

fact is Tony Romo used his mobility far less last night than he has against us in the past and this was the least of the reasons for the last nights loss

YATittle1962
09-06-2012, 01:31 PM
The game was already replayed on NFL Replay? Since when do they replay the game the next day?

I have a membership to NFL game rewind

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/packages?ttv=3&ttp=2&cvosrc=PPC.Google.nfl%20game%20rewind%20login&matchtype=b&network=g&mobile=&search=1&content=&creative=11767420014&keyword=nfl%20game%20rewind%20login&adposition=1t1&campaign=SubProds_SEM&cvokid=5fbf47da-cafa-b6c8-52ce-000033b10cac&gclid=CN-cmbGwobICFcne4AodfnkA8w

bigblue58
09-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Well I will say Ed Werder just tweeted

"Romo threw 2 TD passes outside pocket and has 12 past two seasons, half against NYG. No other QB more than 3 against single opp."

It couldn't have been outside the pocket because YATittle said he just re-watched every offensive play by the Cowgirls and Romo didn't have any TD's or 1st downs outside the pocket! It is comforting to know that me and Ed Werder imagined the same thing. It's not nice being crazy by ones self!

GameTime
09-06-2012, 01:35 PM
they know how to beat Romo they have done a before. Last night Romo got the better of the Giants D. Big deal.....its one freaking game and its the first game....
EVERYBODY CALM THE XXXX DOWN ALREADY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigblue58
I have a membership to NFL game rewind

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/packages?ttv=3&ttp=2&cvosrc=PPC.Google.nfl%20game%20rewind%20login&matchtype=b&network=g&mobile=&search=1&content=&creative=11767420014&keyword=nfl%20game%20rewind%20login&adposition=1t1&campaign=SubProds_SEM&cvokid=5fbf47da-cafa-b6c8-52ce-000033b10cac&gclid=CN-cmbGwobICFcne4AodfnkA8w

Oh sweet! Hey dude...don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for your opinion. You have alot of posts and a long time here and i respect you. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. I'm just worried that you're right because that means I'm actually going nuts and seeing things. If you just re watched it then i'll defer to your fresher recollection.

YATittle1962
It couldn't have been outside the pocket because YATittle said he just re-watched every offensive play by the Cowgirls and Romo didn't have any TD's or 1st downs outside the pocket! It is comforting to know that me and Ed Werder imagined the same thing. It's not nice being crazy by ones self!

now outside the pocket means plays on the run?

just admit were have been wrong numerous times in this thread

yes I just watched every snap

ZERO throws for first downs on the run ....as you falsely stated

and ZERO "killer TDs" on the run as you falsely stated

he stepped to his right avoiding pressure as any QB would

bigblue58
09-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Hey dude...don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for your opinion. You have alot of posts and a long time here and i respect you. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. I'm just worried that you're right because that means I'm actually going nuts and seeing things. If you just re watched it then i'll defer to your fresher recollection. Hey i never claimed to be any kind of genius, I'm just a schmuck with a computer and my opinion.[/QUOTE]

YATittle1962
09-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Hey dude...don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for your opinion. You have alot of posts and a long time here and i respect you. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. I'm just worried that you're right because that means I'm actually going nuts and seeing things. If you just re watched it then i'll defer to your fresher recollection. Hey i never claimed to be any kind of genius, I'm just a schmuck with a computer and my opinion.

bottom line my man

we all want to see a better product on the field

as bad as the offense was last night....the defense was worse

and if Romo can step away from the rush like that I dread what Vick will do to us in a few weeks ...RG III even

lets hope for better days

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TEACH THESE GUYS TO COVER A FREAKIN SLANT ROUTE!!!!!!!!!

BlueSanta
09-06-2012, 01:50 PM
PLease watch the very 1st highlight on this recap at NFL.com.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012090500/2012/REG1/cowboys@giants#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Since you rewatched the entire game and didnt see this play, I beg you to turn up your sound so you can hear the announcer say "romo flushed out of the pocket, romo on the run....TD Ogeltree!"

Not taking sides in overal argument as it is kinda silly, but Romo did throw a td out of the pocket.

bigblue58
09-06-2012, 01:54 PM
bottom line my man

we all want to see a better product on the field

as bad as the offense was last night....the defense was worse

and if Romo can step away from the rush like that I dread what Vick will do to us in a few weeks ...RG III even

lets hope for better days

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TEACH THESE GUYS TO COVER A FREAKIN SLANT ROUTE!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree dude!

bigblue58
09-06-2012, 01:59 PM
PLease watch the very 1st highlight on this recap at NFL.com.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012090500/2012/REG1/cowboys@giants#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Since you rewatched the entire game and didnt see this play, I beg you to turn up your sound so you can hear the announcer say "romo flushed out of the pocket, romo on the run....TD Ogeltree!"

I think we can all agree that it wasn't the Defensive line's shining moment by any stretch

Not taking sides in overal argument as it is kinda silly, but Romo did throw a td out of the pocket.

Thanks dude......but in fairness to YATittle, my argument went way beyond one play. I put the pin back in the grenade.....lets leave it there shall we and hope for a better game next week.

RichardMc
09-13-2012, 07:26 PM
designating a spy to Tony Romo as they do Vick would be foolish

Romo did very little damage with his feet last night......and when he did it was due to a pressure and a broken play
I agree. We had no answer for the 3step slants and other quick passes.

giantsaz
09-13-2012, 11:24 PM
I just don't understand how you, and others, lay this at the feet of Perry Fewell.I'll tell you why; If you go back and watch on the TD, they rushed only three and they dropped everyone back in no mans land instead of bring in the house on Romo so close to our goal line. It is both players and coaching staff that are responsible for this loss:
1. Players not fired up on home opener
2. Calling 2 consecutive runs from the 2 yard line when the running game was not there.
3. Key Players like Cruz dropping the ball
Let's see what the game plan will be this week before we panic but we know what the outcome will be when it comes to the running game, don't we?

burier
09-14-2012, 01:58 PM
<br><br>They scored 24 points and we scored 17 points and you think we scored enough points to win?

But how many points came off the board for Dallas do to holding calls?

The D has to take an L when they can't get off the field on 3rd and 11 with the game in the balance

Do you think for a second if Eli got another shot with the ball that he wouldn't have tied the game?

TheAnalyst
09-14-2012, 02:05 PM
The biggest problem was, we had Coe starting, then we had Tryon starting. CWeb wasnt good either. The secondary was ugly, and the front 7 wore down in the end. The O could not do anything early which had the D on the field most the time. They got tired. They werent ready for a 60 minute game.

All that said, if we make the stop on 3rd and 12 at the end, Eli gets the ball back in no huddle and does what he just did on the previous drive, score a TD.

Not our night.

Good thing we play more then 1 game this year.

TheAnalyst
09-14-2012, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=giantsaz;483269]I'll tell you why; If you go back and watch on the TD, they rushed only three and they dropped everyone back in no mans land instead of bring in the house on Romo so close to our goal line.[QUOTE]

You know what, I completely agree with you, but Perry Fewel is still polishing off that ring he got for having a great defense in the playoffs and superbowl last year so..... We need to let him do what he does.