PDA

View Full Version : If Coughlin....

Vtgmenfan89
12-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Starts Osi or Tuck over JPP at any point moving forward he's a complete idiot. JPP is our best defensive player and should only be coming off the field to rest when he needs it. Tuck injured or not is playing so soft it's pathetic, he was dancing around the tackles opposed to rushing the damn passer on Sunday it was driving me nuts!!! Watch some of the game if you can and watch Tuck it was seriously pathetic. I don't care if you're hurting if you're on the football field you need to give some sort of effort. He looked like he was playing in the pro bowl. Osi has been non-existent for awhile even before he was hurt. Does NOT deserve to start under any circumstances.

He's also a complete idiot if he hands Baas his starting job back at any point this year and messes with this current O-line we have. Two 100 yard rushing efforts from this lineup and only 1 sack I believe (I know there was at least one in Pack game and none in Cowgirls game.) It'd be absolutely ridiculous to shake that up again.

yoeddy
12-14-2011, 06:45 PM
What if he starts Bradshaw ahead of Jacobs?

Drez
12-14-2011, 06:45 PM
It doesn't matter who starts... They all get their snaps in.</P>

Also, JPP needs his snaps managed as he still gets fatigued/crampy if he plays too many downs throughout the course of a game.</P>

Baas, I think, has been bothered by this whole neck/headache issue longer than we think. Also, he's had to do his fair share of trying to pick up Diehl's slack at G.</P>

By all accounts, Osi's had a better year than Tuck...</P>

yoeddy
12-14-2011, 06:49 PM
By all accounts, Osi's had a better year than Tuck...</P>

Stat-wise, they are almost equal...

RoanokeFan
12-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Starts Osi or Tuck over JPP at any point moving forward he's a complete idiot. JPP is our best defensive player and should only be coming off the field to rest when he needs it. Tuck injured or not is playing so soft it's pathetic, he was dancing around the tackles opposed to rushing the damn passer on Sunday it was driving me nuts!!! Watch some of the game if you can and watch Tuck it was seriously pathetic. I don't care if you're hurting if you're on the football field you need to give some sort of effort. He looked like he was playing in the pro bowl. Osi has been non-existent for awhile even before he was hurt. Does NOT deserve to start under any circumstances.

He's also a complete idiot if he hands Baas his starting job back at any point this year and messes with this current O-line we have. Two 100 yard rushing efforts from this lineup and only 1 sack I believe (I know there was at least one in Pack game and none in Cowgirls game.) It'd be absolutely ridiculous to shake that up again.

When/if they are all healthy enough to play, how many more or fewer snaps do you think JPP gets? You do know Tuck, for example, also lines up inside?

RoanokeFan
12-14-2011, 06:53 PM

When/if they are all healthy enough to play, how many more or fewer snaps do you think JPP gets? You do know Tuck, for example, also lines up inside?

Vtgmenfan89
12-14-2011, 07:23 PM

When/if they are all healthy enough to play, how many more or fewer snaps do you think JPP gets?* You do know Tuck, for example, also lines up inside?

Very much aware. But the way he's playing right now he definitely shouldn't be inside. Way too soft. In terms of the snap counts, I've just thought all of JPP's best games have come in one's that he's started. So yes I know he'll still get a bunch of snaps, but seeing as how he's been a top 5 if not top 3 D-end this year, I also think him coming off the bench moving forward is an insult to what he's done this year for this team. However thankfully he doesn't have Osi's mentality and still brings it no matter what.

Looking back on this post I'd like to point out I was definitely blowing off some steam with the Tuck comments. I had just watched the Cowboys game on rewind and I was just disgusted by his performance. I do understand he was hurt but I mean he really was doing almost nothing out there, even effort wise. Thank god JPP played the way he did because I doubt we'd have won the game if he didn't. Not that you all don't already know that.

What do you guys think happens with Osi after this season? Is his time in blue over? I personally think so. I'd be very content with JPP and a healthy Tuck along with Kiwi and Tolly as a rotation.

jomo
12-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Starts Osi or Tuck over JPP at any point moving forward he's a complete idiot. JPP is our best defensive player and should only be coming off the field to rest when he needs it. Tuck injured or not is playing so soft it's pathetic, he was dancing around the tackles opposed to rushing the damn passer on Sunday it was driving me nuts!!! Watch some of the game if you can and watch Tuck it was seriously pathetic. I don't care if you're hurting if you're on the football field you need to give some sort of effort. He looked like he was playing in the pro bowl. Osi has been non-existent for awhile even before he was hurt. Does NOT deserve to start under any circumstances. He's also a complete idiot if he hands Baas his starting job back at any point this year and messes with this current O-line we have. Two 100 yard rushing efforts from this lineup and only 1 sack I believe (I know there was at least one in Pack game and none in Cowgirls game.) It'd be absolutely ridiculous to shake that up again.You've got Coughlin being an idiot base on two hypotheticals here. Nothing wrong with getting riled up but do it based on something that's real. Coughlin has run a meritocracy for as long as he's been here. No reason to fret over that changing for a guy in his mid 60's. [B]

Vtgmenfan89
12-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Starts Osi or Tuck over JPP at any point moving forward he's a complete idiot. JPP is our best defensive player and should only be coming off the field to rest when he needs it. Tuck injured or not is playing so soft it's pathetic, he was dancing around the tackles opposed to rushing the damn passer on Sunday it was driving me nuts!!! Watch some of the game if you can and watch Tuck it was seriously pathetic. I don't care if you're hurting if you're on the football field you need to give some sort of effort. He looked like he was playing in the pro bowl. Osi has been non-existent for awhile even before he was hurt. Does NOT deserve to start under any circumstances. He's also a complete idiot if he hands Baas his starting job back at any point this year and messes with this current O-line we have. Two 100 yard rushing efforts from this lineup and only 1 sack I believe (I know there was at least one in Pack game and none in Cowgirls game.) It'd be absolutely ridiculous to shake that up again.You've got Coughlin being an idiot base on two hypotheticals here. Nothing wrong with getting riled up but do it based on something that's real. Coughlin has run a meritocracy for as long as he's been here. No reason to fret over that changing for a guy in his mid 60's. [B]

Haha yeah I was just blowing off a bit of steam cuz I had watched the game on rewind and Tuck's performance bugged the hell out of me. I do however hope he doesn't switch up this O-line. They are killing it out there.

RoanokeFan
12-14-2011, 07:44 PM

Very much aware. But the way he's playing right now he definitely shouldn't be inside. Way too soft. In terms of the snap counts, I've just thought all of JPP's best games have come in one's that he's started. So yes I know he'll still get a bunch of snaps, but seeing as how he's been a top 5 if not top 3 D-end this year, I also think him coming off the bench moving forward is an insult to what he's done this year for this team. However thankfully he doesn't have Osi's mentality and still brings it no matter what.

Looking back on this post I'd like to point out I was definitely blowing off some steam with the Tuck comments. I had just watched the Cowboys game on rewind and I was just disgusted by his performance. I do understand he was hurt but I mean he really was doing almost nothing out there, even effort wise. Thank god JPP played the way he did because I doubt we'd have won the game if he didn't. Not that you all don't already know that.

What do you guys think happens with Osi after this season? Is his time in blue over? I personally think so. I'd be very content with JPP and a healthy Tuck along with Kiwi and Tolly as a rotation.

Osi had little contract leverage before the season started and, based upon his play, when he does, the leverage ship has run aground. He has one more year on his contract. I'm not sure if he would bring anything of value in a trade but we need some sooner rather than later help at DE. We have to factor Tuck into the equation as well. If he can't play any better than he is now, we may be needing to replace both of them in the not too distant future.

We can't ignore the CAP issue. Players who are drawing multi-million dollar salaries need to produce accordingly. If they can't, business decisions need to be made.

jomo
12-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Starts Osi or Tuck over JPP at any point moving forward he's a complete idiot. JPP is our best defensive player and should only be coming off the field to rest when he needs it. Tuck injured or not is playing so soft it's pathetic, he was dancing around the tackles opposed to rushing the damn passer on Sunday it was driving me nuts!!! Watch some of the game if you can and watch Tuck it was seriously pathetic. I don't care if you're hurting if you're on the football field you need to give some sort of effort. He looked like he was playing in the pro bowl. Osi has been non-existent for awhile even before he was hurt. Does NOT deserve to start under any circumstances. He's also a complete idiot if he hands Baas his starting job back at any point this year and messes with this current O-line we have. Two 100 yard rushing efforts from this lineup and only 1 sack I believe (I know there was at least one in Pack game and none in Cowgirls game.) It'd be absolutely ridiculous to shake that up again.You've got Coughlin being an idiot base on two hypotheticals here. Nothing wrong with getting riled up but do it based on something that's real. Coughlin has run a meritocracy for as long as he's been here. No reason to fret over that changing for a guy in his mid 60's. [B] Haha yeah I was just blowing off a bit of steam cuz I had watched the game on rewind and Tuck's performance bugged the hell out of me. I do however hope he doesn't switch up this O-line. They are killing it out there.You and me both! JPP isn't going anywhere except to the pro-bowl soon and HOF some day. As far as the OL goes, no one is going to the HOF but we got something good going on for the first time this year, I agree. TC understands chemistry and great performance. There is no way that he is going to screw up either one of these. [:D]

RoanokeFan
12-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Starts Osi or Tuck over JPP at any point moving forward he's a complete idiot. JPP is our best defensive player and should only be coming off the field to rest when he needs it. Tuck injured or not is playing so soft it's pathetic, he was dancing around the tackles opposed to rushing the damn passer on Sunday it was driving me nuts!!! Watch some of the game if you can and watch Tuck it was seriously pathetic. I don't care if you're hurting if you're on the football field you need to give some sort of effort. He looked like he was playing in the pro bowl. Osi has been non-existent for awhile even before he was hurt. Does NOT deserve to start under any circumstances. He's also a complete idiot if he hands Baas his starting job back at any point this year and messes with this current O-line we have. Two 100 yard rushing efforts from this lineup and only 1 sack I believe (I know there was at least one in Pack game and none in Cowgirls game.) It'd be absolutely ridiculous to shake that up again.You've got Coughlin being an idiot base on two hypotheticals here. Nothing wrong with getting riled up but do it based on something that's real. Coughlin has run a meritocracy for as long as he's been here. No reason to fret over that changing for a guy in his mid 60's. [B] Haha yeah I was just blowing off a bit of steam cuz I had watched the game on rewind and Tuck's performance bugged the hell out of me. I do however hope he doesn't switch up this O-line. They are killing it out there.You and me both! JPP isn't going anywhere except to the pro-bowl soon and HOF some day. As far as the OL goes, no one is going to the HOF but we got something good going on for the first time this year, I agree. TC understands chemistry and great performance. There is no way that he is going to screw up either one of these. [:D]

TC has already said he's gong to see what happens at practice before making any decisions. I worry about Boothe's snaps and Baas's run blocking.

gmen46
12-14-2011, 09:04 PM

TC has already said he's gong to see what happens at practice before making any decisions.* I worry about Boothe's snaps and Baas's run blocking.

That's the (interesting) dilemma TC faces if Baas is well enough to play.

Gun to head, who do you pick--the one who, after 2 games at least, can be counted on more to sustain an improved run game, or the one who's a bit of a sieve in the run and will probably allow the run game to back slide, but is more consistent with his qb snaps?

I know who I'd go with. Which way would you lean?

jomo
12-14-2011, 09:11 PM

TC has already said he's gong to see what happens at practice before making any decisions. I worry about Boothe's snaps and Baas's run blocking.
That's the (interesting) dilemma TC faces if Baas is well enough to play. Gun to head, who do you pick--the one who, after 2 games at least, can be counted on more to sustain an improved run game, or the one who's a bit of a sieve in the run and will probably allow the run game to back slide, but is more consistent with his qb snaps? I know who I'd go with. Which way would you lean?Easy choice. Boothe.

slipknottin
12-15-2011, 01:01 AM
Osi was having a hell of a year before he got hurt.

He's a much more consistent pass rusher than JPP is.

As for Tuck, he's sucking it up and trying, he's got one good leg and one good arm, now has probably a broken toe as well.

G-Men Surg.
12-15-2011, 01:59 AM
The truth of the matter is that Big Blue needs all hands on deck at this point of the season to accomplish the goal of winning the division and more important to be relevant in the post season.

burier
12-15-2011, 01:38 PM

When/if they are all healthy enough to play, how many more or fewer snaps do you think JPP gets?* You do know Tuck, for example, also lines up inside?

Osi had little contract leverage before the season started and, based upon his play, when he does, the leverage ship has run aground.* He has one more year on his contract.* I'm not sure if he would bring anything of value in a trade but we need some sooner rather than later help at DE.* We have to factor Tuck into the equation as well.* If he can't play any better than he is now, we may be needing to replace both of them in the not too distant future.

We can't ignore the CAP issue.* Players who are drawing multi-million dollar salaries need to produce accordingly.* If they can't, business decisions need to be made.

Bingo.

This off seaon needs to be the season where we become lean and mean on defense. That means those fat contracts for guys who don't bring it down in and down out need to be restructured or those players need to move on.

The only way I see Osi staying is if he's planning on retiring after next year which may be the case.

Whatever happened to Tuck I think he's had his run and we need to trade him while he still had value. and keep him off the field! No more bad film please. We can't trade a guy who has footage where he's quitting on playes, being dominated and waving guys back on the field because he can't be bothered to go back in.

DandyDon
12-15-2011, 03:10 PM
And in the first sentence of another post, now COUGHLIN is an idiot if he does what you dont want him to do.

Amazin...