PDA

View Full Version : We're in BIG trouble guys

elitocruz
09-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Don't mean to over react. I know we were a combined 0-3 to start our last two Super Bowl seasons (0-4 when you throw in 1986), but last nights' game may have been a 3 game swing in Dallas's favor. While we have those extra NFC games vs. GB and SF, Dallas and Philly get their extra NFC games vs the Seahawks/Cardinals and Lions/Bears. Big difference in their favor. Also wondering why our GM doesn't address our teams' biggest weaknesses? It's like a badge of honor for him because it worked last year. Doesn't work every year. And let's remember one thing while we heap tons of praise on Jerry: The '07 Super Bowl was just as much Accorsi's as it was Jerry's. If not more. Last season was Coaching and Eli.
Pats recognized two huge weaknesses after a 4 point super bowl loss and addressed those. Cowboys missed the division and 12 wins by a few plays and addressed their big weaknesses. Giants did nothing. Manningham walks, which I though was a terrible mistake given the strentgth of the team and NFL is passing game. Aaron Ross walks despite having no assurance TT would be ok for a full 16 + playoffs. No O-line help is imported, and no db help is imported. Didn't the Colts just trade for a big time CB? Why can't we ever get in on something like that. I know we just won it all, but I don't want to follow it up with 8-8. The other super bowl champs in recent years don't do that. wh should we?

To me the season might hinge now on the week-3 Carolina game, assuming they beat Tampa next week. If they lose to the Panthers a 1-3 start is likely. 2-4 after the SF game. then the schedule really gets hard! (all that being said: 1-2 plays go the other way last night and we probably win that game).

Rudyy
09-06-2012, 11:59 AM
You need to calm down. Take this one game at a time. This was an off game, you're acting like we got blown out. I'm concerned as well, but we've picked ourselves up before. Relax.

WinterIsComing
09-06-2012, 12:00 PM
In Reese we Trust! The season just started, so it's hard to tell if the moves he made were the right moves or not.

elitocruz
09-06-2012, 12:01 PM
what moves? he patched gaping holes wit band aids

RoanokeFan
09-06-2012, 12:03 PM
don't mean to over react. I know we were a combined 0-3 to start our last two super bowl seasons (0-4 when you throw in 1986), but last nights' game may have been a 3 game swing in dallas's favor. While we have those extra nfc games vs. Gb and sf, dallas and philly get their extra nfc games vs the seahawks/cardinals and lions/bears. Big difference in their favor. Also wondering why our gm doesn't address our teams' biggest weaknesses? It's like a badge of honor for him because it worked last year. Doesn't work every year. And let's remember one thing while we heap tons of praise on jerry: The '07 super bowl was just as much accorsi's as it was jerry's. If not more. Last season was coaching and eli.
Pats recognized two huge weaknesses after a 4 point super bowl loss and addressed those. Cowboys missed the division and 12 wins by a few plays and addressed their big weaknesses. Giants did nothing. Manningham walks, which i though was a terrible mistake given the strentgth of the team and nfl is passing game. Aaron ross walks despite having no assurance tt would be ok for a full 16 + playoffs. No o-line help is imported, and no db help is imported. Didn't the colts just trade for a big time cb? Why can't we ever get in on something like that. I know we just won it all, but i don't want to follow it up with 8-8. The other super bowl champs in recent years don't do that. Wh should we?

To me the season might hinge now on the week-3 carolina game, assuming they beat tampa next week. If they lose to the panthers a 1-3 start is likely. 2-4 after the sf game. Then the schedule really gets hard! (all that being said: 1-2 plays go the other way last night and we probably win that game).

too late!.....

Moke
09-06-2012, 12:03 PM
You need to calm down. Take this one game at a time. This was an off game, you're acting like we got blown out. I'm concerned as well, but we've picked ourselves up before. Relax.One game and people are overreacting way too hard. I sometimes wonder if people actually enjoy watching football and take it one step at a time

Rudyy
09-06-2012, 12:06 PM
One game and people are overreacting way too hard. I sometimes wonder if people actually enjoy watching football and take it one step at a time Seriously, stop panicking. It's okay to be concerned, but don't jump off a bridge and call it quits. If this team was anything like its fans..

Kruunch
09-06-2012, 12:07 PM
In other news, the sky is falling.

Eli2Shockey4aTD
09-06-2012, 12:08 PM
There is a salary cap. Unless they drafted top O-linemen we had to cut salary and we had the last pick in the first round. We have WRs so I do not see an issue there. Our weakness is the O-line and things did not fall into place for us to get a cheap ready to start rookie or a pricey free agent. We also have our own young guys we will have to think about resigning.

G.I. Ants
09-06-2012, 12:08 PM
what moves? he patched gaping holes wit band aidsyou need to relax, this is nothing that hasn't been seen before. One bad game means nothing. Reese and company knows what they are doing. Last year the Eagles made all these big offseason moves and it led them nowhere. This team has plenty of talent that has proven that they can win it all.

BParcells777
09-06-2012, 12:10 PM
We were in the game against a good team at the end.....while sleepwalking.

Its not like we suddenly turned into Cleveland.....there was a big SB hangover effect last night

Moke
09-06-2012, 12:11 PM
People are just concerned because its a division rival as well. Ugh I hate typing on the browser of my phone.

Buddy333
09-06-2012, 12:13 PM
It's not over but there are some problems I'm worried about. The OL is going to be bad all year, I think Nicks is not the se and I don't see how his foot will get better while playing on it, and the DT's. Bernard was good but will wear down, Austin is not in football shape, and Canty will be rusty when he does come back. The secondary has some hope of Prince and Hosely can stay healthy and learn fast.

JB456
09-06-2012, 12:14 PM
The fact that the Giants played so poorly tonight and were still in the game makes me feel like all is not lost. You had dropped passes, bad tackeling, players out of position, fumbles, errant throws, bad execution, a bad non call, and throw in some questionable play calling and you have the perfect storm. The Giants will improve next week.

njg85m
09-06-2012, 12:14 PM
So we should have kept and paid for Manningham, and 'imported an o-line'? Does OP understand what a salary cap is and/or how free agency works?

Our entire secondary got injured...yet again. Right now this is a bigger concern for me than the swiss cheese O-line we have.

It's one game, we didn't play well. Relax.

Eli2Shockey4aTD
09-06-2012, 12:15 PM
The fact that the Giants played so poorly tonight and were still in the game makes me feel like all is not lost. You had dropped passes, bad tackeling, players out of position, fumbles, errant throws, bad execution, a bad non call, and throw in some questionable play calling and you have the perfect storm. The Giants will improve next week.

Yah the Giants could have been up 14-0 early in this game Just many miscues & sloppy play. Early season Giants football, start slow, like usual.

TheAnalyst
09-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Hey guys, we won 2 of the last 5 superbowls.... it isnt going to happen every year :-)

YATittle1962
09-06-2012, 12:20 PM
huge trouble!

season is over!

can we forfeit the season and just pick it up next year?

can someone get Goodell on the horn and see if that would be cool with him?

hi Roger.....we are just going to rest everyone until next Sep due to the fact that our "fans" simply feel that we cannot compete
.....all the best ...
signed..
.the NY Football Giants

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 12:24 PM
huge trouble!

season is over!

hi Roger.....we are just going to rest everyone until next Sep due to the fact that our "fans" simply feel that we cannot compete
.....all the best ...
signed..
.the NY Football Giants

Well at least we'll get the first pick in the draft. So we got that going for us.......which is nice.

Kruunch
09-06-2012, 12:26 PM
huge trouble!

season is over!

.....all the best ...
signed..
.the NY Football Giants

Sat for Matt?

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Hey guys, we won 2 of the last 5 superbowls.... it isnt going to happen every year :-)
How ironic given your sig.

bklyn1028
09-06-2012, 12:38 PM
IF Cruz didn't drop 3 passes
IF Wilson didn't fumble
IF the ref got the defensive holding against Cruz on the 1 yard line
IF Eli didn't throw that ball about 2 feet to the right of Hixon
IF.....IF........IF..........
IF my grandmother had you know what, she'd be my grandfather!

IT''S ONE GAME!!!....not the end of the world.........They have some kinks they need to work out. I was biting my nails when Bob Costas was talking about 8 o'clock, imagine how they felt.
Wilson will be just fine. They didn't get blown away. IN fact, they lost by one touchdown, they were in the game the whole time, as bad as they played. They'll be fine.

Complain and worry if they are 1-5, right now they aren't.

YATittle1962
09-06-2012, 12:41 PM
IF Cruz didn't drop 3 passes
IF Wilson didn't fumble
IF the ref got the defensive holding against Cruz on the 1 yard line
IF Eli didn't throw that ball about 2 feet to the right of Hixon
IF.....IF........IF..........
IF my grandmother had you know what, she'd be my grandfather!

IT''S ONE GAME!!!....not the end of the world.........They have some kinks they need to work out. I was biting my nails when Bob Costas was talking about 8 o'clock, imagine how they felt.
Wilson will be just fine. They didn't get blown away. IN fact, they lost by one touchdown, they were in the game the whole time, as bad as they played. They'll be fine.

Complain and worry if they are 1-5, right now they aren't.

you forgot ...

IF the D line could make a tackle 10 yards behind the LOS

side note.....

I was in Red Hook all weekend hanging at Sunnys and Brooklyn Crab

:)

Toadofsteel
09-06-2012, 12:44 PM
When we let Ross walk, we had a healthy T2, a healthy Prince, and a healthy Hosley. Can't blame Reese for the Injury Bug. Ross would have been burned more than Tryon last night anyway...

WR is our strongest position on the team. Cruz dropping 3 I don't see that happening again.

Biggest issue is O-line. I don't know why we didn't pick up O-linemen either. It's a lot harder to determine a bust from a steal on the o-line when drafting, so I can understand not going with the draft, and we DID pick up Locklear, but why nobody on the interior? They're usually cheaper, and even Snee is starting to show his age...

plc
09-06-2012, 01:05 PM
I am disappointed but know we will be alright in the end.Just give this team some space and they will overcome this.Go Big Blue

bklyn1028
09-06-2012, 01:24 PM
you forgot ...

IF the D line could make a tackle 10 yards behind the LOS

side note.....

I was in Red Hook all weekend hanging at Sunnys and Brooklyn Crab

:)

I HATE YOU !!!.....LOL......Man I miss that neighborhood......was talking to people from there also last week at work....reminisced about the Pannell store "Foccacaria" on Union St......

But then again, when I go back to visit....after a few days, can't wait to leave.....isn't what it used to be unfortunately.

b5pr
09-06-2012, 01:26 PM
We missed Jacobs big time last night

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Don't mean to over react. I know we were a combined 0-3 to start our last two Super Bowl seasons (0-4 when you throw in 1986), but last nights' game may have been a 3 game swing in Dallas's favor. While we have those extra NFC games vs. GB and SF, Dallas and Philly get their extra NFC games vs the Seahawks/Cardinals and Lions/Bears. Big difference in their favor. Also wondering why our GM doesn't address our teams' biggest weaknesses? It's like a badge of honor for him because it worked last year. Doesn't work every year. And let's remember one thing while we heap tons of praise on Jerry: The '07 Super Bowl was just as much Accorsi's as it was Jerry's. If not more. Last season was Coaching and Eli.
Pats recognized two huge weaknesses after a 4 point super bowl loss and addressed those. Cowboys missed the division and 12 wins by a few plays and addressed their big weaknesses. Giants did nothing. Manningham walks, which I though was a terrible mistake given the strentgth of the team and NFL is passing game. Aaron Ross walks despite having no assurance TT would be ok for a full 16 + playoffs. No O-line help is imported, and no db help is imported. Didn't the Colts just trade for a big time CB? Why can't we ever get in on something like that. I know we just won it all, but I don't want to follow it up with 8-8. The other super bowl champs in recent years don't do that. wh should we?

To me the season might hinge now on the week-3 Carolina game, assuming they beat Tampa next week. If they lose to the Panthers a 1-3 start is likely. 2-4 after the SF game. then the schedule really gets hard! (all that being said: 1-2 plays go the other way last night and we probably win that game).

did u just become a fan in Feb or something?

How anybody could be that passionate this soon is ridiculous. whether we dominated them or not, tis week 1. Learn from history already

Rudyy
09-06-2012, 01:28 PM
We missed Jacobs big time last night No we didn't. If he wasn't successful last season with our offensive line looking like crap, what makes you think he would of been successful last night?

GameTime
09-06-2012, 01:28 PM

you did over react....and chill out. Its game one not game 10......

bklyn1028
09-06-2012, 01:31 PM
did u just become a fan in Feb or something?

How anybody could be that passionate this soon is ridiculous. whether we dominated them or not, tis week 1. Learn from history already

Matt, you hit the nail squarely on the head.

This too shall pass.

Dollars to donuts...........Tampa Bay is in for a shellacking.....absolutely NO WAY we don't dominate them...(double negative)......Mr. Deutsch (Erasmus English teacher) is rolling right now.

thomsoad
09-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Oh I agree...we are in huge trouble.

I mean think about it..
Adjustments are never made
Players never improve
The very first game is a TOTAL reflection of how a season is going to go.
Its totally IMPOSSIBLE for Coughlin/Gilbride/Fewell to fix this
And this team has NEVER EVER been known for getting it all together and getting hot at the end of the year.

So putting all that together...you are TOTALLY justified in bagging it after the first game.
Frankly...im impressed you stuck around for the 2nd half of the game.

Giants5699
09-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Go pick up a Tebow jersey and go back to cheering for the Jets please.

Hooligans
09-06-2012, 02:03 PM

The Giants don't look very good at all, and with their schedule, losing to Dallas at home is very ominous. This is not a good team and the Defense sucks.

Rudyy
09-06-2012, 02:09 PM
The Giants don't look very good at all, and with their schedule, losing to Dallas at home is very ominous. This is not a good team and the Defense sucks. You need to stop while you're ahead. This is one freaking game, ONE. We aren't in week 10 or something.

Nolan24
09-06-2012, 02:36 PM

good post man,

they have a week & a half to improve, hope they do