PDA

View Full Version : Football is won/lost in the trenches

BParcells777
09-06-2012, 12:08 PM
We definitely lost the dance of the elephants last night

The O-line could not run block, and the D-line could not get to Romo, or stop the run....Romo was not contained- by bringing pressure fromt he middle rather than the ends he was able to side step our D line all night

Where was Osi, Tuck, JPP.........did Ojomo even get a snap?

We slept through the 1st game last year in DC and then won the SB so I'm not panicking but that was ugly.

The CB problem is bad too.........I'm concerned....somehow today seems like a monday

TheAnalyst
09-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Sounds exactly like last year to me. We look like a .500 team again, but who knows, if we get hot at the right time again, watch out.

Osi and Tuck were absent, but JPP was all over the place making great plays. Romo's INT was due to his pressure up the middle. Ojomo wasnt active.

Last year we lost T2, Witherspoon, Coe, Tryon, Prince, Johnson at CB. This year we lost T2, Witherspoon, Ross, Prince so we are ahead of the game.

G.I. Ants
09-06-2012, 12:19 PM
....somehow today seems like a mondayI am normally mad on Monday after a loss but not so much today for me. It sucked dropping one to that team in Texas I hate, but I think it will slap players back into reality that last year is dead and gone. Nicks should be full strength next week and Cruz will be a little more focused. Prince & Hosely should be healthy and ready. Osi & Tuck will be pissed for not making an impact and may play with a chip on their shoulders.

BParcells777
09-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Sounds exactly like last year to me. We look like a .500 team again, but who knows, if we get hot at the right time again, watch out.

Osi and Tuck were absent, but JPP was all over the place making great plays. Romo's INT was due to his pressure up the middle. Ojomo wasnt active.

Last year we lost T2, Witherspoon, Coe, Tryon, Prince, Johnson at CB. This year we lost T2, Witherspoon, Ross, Prince so we are ahead of the game.

I think we need to activate Ojomo......Tuck and Osi seem to be aging fast. Maybe those were the linemen Tiki was taalking about

Oh well........at least i did not see any major injuries besides Coe's hammy

davepc
09-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Ojomo was inactive.

BParcells777
09-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Ojomo was inactive.

I realize that......what I'm saying is we needed him last night and he was in street clothes.....Osi and Tuck were invisible

mikeq6722
09-06-2012, 01:38 PM
well the cowboys line had our guys in choke holds every play so that makes it tough.Im far from blaming the refs for the game, that blame goes to Cruz, Webster and everyone really. But Like 10 times in the game I saw JPP just flat out beat his guy, mostly Tyron Smith, and just get grabbed around the neck with no call. It was finally called once at the end of the game. The refs were scared to make any big calls.

TroyArcher
09-06-2012, 01:44 PM
The O-line was horrible.
Osi and Tuck were MIA. JPP was a disruptive force, he just did not get the sack, Romo is good at evading the rush. Other than the big run I thought the D contained the run pretty well until late whne they were run down.
Hopefully Prince will come back and be a player.