PDA

View Full Version : Did Barden get any reps yesterday?

Razur
09-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Didn't see any plays to him, wasn't sure if he even made it on the field? Would think he could have been a good red zone threat...draw coverage at least? Is he hurt?

G.I. Ants
09-06-2012, 12:37 PM
I didn't see him either. They could have used his size in some of those plays. Maybe next week he'll get a chance to shine.

BeatYale
09-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Coughlin had to burn a time out late in the game on a play where Barden stepped on the field to line up, because Hixon was too slow getting off the field. I can't remember what play we ran after that or if Barden was on the field for it or not.

RoanokeFan
09-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Didn't see any plays to him, wasn't sure if he even made it on the field? Would think he could have been a good red zone threat...draw coverage at least? Is he hurt?

They actually had him on special teams

Razur
09-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Well..at least he's not hurt, and that could mean we use him next week...he showed some signficant improvement in pre-season..so hoping that he gets a shot at redemption, makes some plays for us, and helps ignite the pasing game, especially red zone...that height has got to be useful no matter who is covering him.

GMENAGAIN
09-06-2012, 01:04 PM
They actually had him on special teams
Yep. I meant to watch him to see how he did, but I never did. Did he hold his own?

BillTheGreek
09-06-2012, 04:32 PM
I saw him running on the field, when the Giants came from the locker room, he was running fast ! .......I said man is going to take off tonight. I did not see him in the game at all, last night ! Big mistake !!!!!!!!!!!!

nycsportzfan
09-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Theres no reason the giants shoulden't show diffrent looks with the WR's.. It makes me very annoyed we waste talented players... Switch it up during games, and on occasion go with a empty backfield.. The bottom line is were loaded at WR and its are strongest positon, and u have to find ways to exploit that..

DemandedAce
09-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Could have used him on the one where we had to settle for the FG... Let's run it for negative yardage instead though haha

Razur
09-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Well let's hope we use him next game ! His height is a weapon..he needs to used more.

nycisgreat
09-06-2012, 05:37 PM

He was in on one play of our last drive last night, but Coughlin called a time out because to many men on the field and the play clock was expiring.

YATittle1962
09-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Coughlin had to burn a time out late in the game on a play where Barden stepped on the field to line up, because Hixon was too slow getting off the field. I can't remember what play we ran after that or if Barden was on the field for it or not.

thats not what happened

I was right behind the bench ....I saw and heard the whole thing

they were calling Barden out of the game and he wasn't responding so Hixon ran off the field so a 12 man penalty wasn't called ...then Coughlin called a T.O. ....then Hixon went back in as initially intended