PDA

View Full Version : the elephant in the room is the lack of offense.

stormblue
09-06-2012, 12:56 PM
17 points ain't gonna beat nobody but the dolphins and jets.
run - run - pass is a waste of time in today's game.

we constantly go 3 and out in the first 3 quarters then
start using our high flying passing attack when its almost too late.
we lead the league in 4th qtr comebacks because we also lead the
league in being behind in the 4th qtr.

with our secondary in the shape its in we know we have to overcome
a lot of points. you ain't gonna win shoot-outs with a run first mentality.

we need to throw it all over the place for the whole game.....we have the
personnel and talent. this old fashioned use the run to set up the pass
is outdated and boring and ineffective.

throw 'till they are back on their heels then pop 'em with a few runs.

i know that we all know this and the rest of the world knows and the announcers know
and the experts know and my dog knows that this is a pass pass and pass some more
oriented league.

would someone please explain this to killdrive and coughsyrup.

Rudyy
09-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Offensive line.

giantsfan420
09-06-2012, 01:09 PM
im gonna be honest, i was in favor of abandoning the run last night. im not in favor of abandoning it completely for the season tho. we need to try and establish a run game each game. but if its failing miserably, u cant go to it esp in the redzone from the 2. we went from the 2 to the 5 on 2 run plays, like wtf...

shoulda abandoned it way earlier imho. eli was being smart. we can rely on him full bore. the rest of the team is so i dont know why KG isnt. no one besides Bennett and maybe a few other showed up...may as well keep the ball in elis hands...the run game was bailing dallas's defense out and there is NO EXCUSE for how putrid it was. 2 runs aside, it was GARBAGE

B&RWarrior
09-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Offensive line.

what he said

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 01:14 PM
what he said

how bout catching first down balls to keep drives alive?

Cruz DEMOLISHED us last night.

giantsfan420
09-06-2012, 01:16 PM
yeah it wasnt just that he had 3 drops, its that he had 3 drops that woulda given us 1rst downs and moved the ball down field...he'll be ok tho. it wasnt like dallas took him outta the game, he did it to himself

Morehead State
09-06-2012, 01:17 PM
yeah it wasnt just that he had 3 drops, its that he had 3 drops that woulda given us 1rst downs and moved the ball down field...he'll be ok tho. it wasnt like dallas took him outta the game, he did it to himself
Not to change the subject but can you admit that we are not "set" at corner like you claimed last week?

Cloud57
09-06-2012, 01:23 PM
we still need a 3rd receiver

Rudyy
09-06-2012, 01:24 PM
what he said What she* said :D

Rudyy
09-06-2012, 01:24 PM

Cruz DEMOLISHED us last night. Well that too, but our offensive line certainly didn't help either.

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 01:25 PM

lets not forget that penalty which took a first down away too and a couple false starts

MattMeyerBud
09-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Well that too, but our offensive line certainly didn't help either.

our offensive line did horrible in the first half run wise, there was time to execute the plays though and it wasn't happening.

B&RWarrior
09-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Well that too, but our offensive line certainly didn't help either.

SHE is right once again. The bigges red flag I saw was the Oline's run blocking.

GameTime
09-06-2012, 01:30 PM
run - run - pass is a waste of time in today's game.

we constantly go 3 and out in the first 3 quarters then
start using our high flying passing attack when its almost too late.
we lead the league in 4th qtr comebacks because we also lead the
league in being behind in the 4th qtr.

with our secondary in the shape its in we know we have to overcome
a lot of points. you ain't gonna win shoot-outs with a run first mentality.

we need to throw it all over the place for the whole game.....we have the
personnel and talent. this old fashioned use the run to set up the pass
is outdated and boring and ineffective.

throw 'till they are back on their heels then pop 'em with a few runs.

i know that we all know this and the rest of the world knows and the announcers know
and the experts know and my dog knows that this is a pass pass and pass some more
oriented league.

would someone please explain this to killdrive and coughsyrup.
one game....and the first game .....chill out....

ryan12
09-06-2012, 01:31 PM

Cruz DEMOLISHED us last night...

they were big drops

TheShouldersOf
09-06-2012, 01:37 PM

Cruz DEMOLISHED us last night.

Agreed,

the blame goes to players and Coaches,

Play calling on both sides were infective, the Receivers were ineffective, especially Cruz and Nicks, Nicks looked less than 100%, saw him limping a bit, Hixon played okay, nothing spectacular aside from the long catch

Blocking obviously was a problem,

Bradshaw looked slow, slow developing, slow breaking.exploding, dropped a couple passes, and i believe missed a block or two

TroyArcher
09-06-2012, 01:39 PM
KG can't block or catch passes or fumble the ball. That was the major issues last night.

BlueSanta
09-06-2012, 01:40 PM
19 rushing attempts and 32 passing attempts does not = run, run pass.

stormblue
09-06-2012, 02:01 PM
one game....and the first game .....chill out....

yeah, but its the only game i have to go on so far. and it counts . we are 0-1.
and i'm willing to allow for the fact that its early in the season and we ain't all on the same page yet
and injuries and all that.

but that can be said for all the teams that go 1-0 this week also .they are in the same boat.
3 weeks from now the other 31 teams will be getting their sea-legs under them too.

i saw nothing to indicate. that by week 8 the gap will have narrowed between us and the competition.
i do however see a great chance of the gap widening if our approach and philosophy do not get adjusted.

their is no way to un-expose our back 7 in pass coverage. they aren't very good
even when they healthy.....which they never are.
and when unhealthy (as usual) they flat out "monica in the oval office".

good QB"s will carve us up ; and we have a schedule full of them.

we need to be ready for shoot-outs if we expect to win.
we have the offensive weapons......let her rip !!!

jonnyhaze
09-06-2012, 02:03 PM
That was certainly a poor showing by this offense.
O-Line : I'm not even going to say anything other than UNACCEPTABLE.
Cruz : Just focus. My guess is he was trying to win the game all by himself (much like last year)
Nicks : Showed some life in the first half but is clearly not 100% ( Would've liked to see Randle have a shot at a series or 2)
Randle : Looked bored as hell on the bench. Didn't see him even sniff a chance to get in the game.
Hixon : Better than expected.
Bennett : Nice blocking and acrobatic TD catch. The drop he had was weird. He tried to catch a head level ball underhand rather than overhand.
Bradshaw : Played well despite poor blocking by O-Line (especially liked the stiff-arm he gave Claiborne on the TD run)
Wilson : Looked way too hesitant at KR. Fumble then benched sure doesn't help his confidence. Just looked way too nervous/anxious/overwhelmed however u want to put it.
Eli : At this point in his career I expect better. Sure protection and running game were awful but he's gotta hit the wide open TD to Hixon.

Hooligans
09-06-2012, 02:04 PM
The Offense did struggle, but the defense was even worse....in fact they were awful. They won't win any games with that defense.

Rudyy
09-06-2012, 02:06 PM
That was certainly a poor showing by this offense.
O-Line : I'm not even going to say anything other than UNACCEPTABLE.
Cruz : Just focus. My guess is he was trying to win the game all by himself (much like last year)
Nicks : Showed some life in the first half but is clearly not 100% ( Would've liked to see Randle have a shot at a series or 2)
Randle : Looked bored as hell on the bench. Didn't see him even sniff a chance to get in the game.
Hixon : Better than expected.
Bennett : Nice blocking and acrobatic TD catch. The drop he had was weird. He tried to catch a head level ball underhand rather than overhand.
Bradshaw : Played well despite poor blocking by O-Line (especially liked the stiff-arm he gave Claiborne on the TD run)
Wilson : Looked way too hesitant at KR. Fumble then benched sure doesn't help his confidence. Just looked way too nervous/anxious/overwhelmed however u want to put it.
Eli : At this point in his career I expect better. Sure protection and running game were awful but he's gotta hit the wide open TD to Hixon. Honestly, that was his only "bad" pass all night. Eli was fine. The receivers were getting the balls right in their hands, and they just dropped it.

GameTime
09-06-2012, 02:06 PM
yeah, but its the only game i have to go on so far. and it counts . we are 0-1.
and i'm willing to allow for the fact that its early in the season and we ain't all on the same page yet
and injuries and all that.

but that can be said for all the teams that go 1-0 this week also .they are in the same boat.
3 weeks from now the other 31 teams will be getting their sea-legs under them too.

i saw nothing to indicate. that by week 8 the gap will have narrowed between us and the competition.
i do however see a great chance of the gap widening if our approach and philosophy do not get adjusted.

their is no way to un-expose our back 7 in pass coverage. they aren't very good
even when they healthy.....which they never are.
and when unhealthy (as usual) they flat out "monica in the oval office".

good QB"s will carve us up ; and we have a schedule full of them.

we need to be ready for shoot-outs if we expect to win.
we have the offensive weapons......let her rip !!!
I agree the O will have to carry the lack of defensive secondary talent. The O will get its act together IMO. It was an important game for sure and i dont discount that. I just have to think they will pull it together. They have before when it all seemed lost....right?

Rudyy
09-06-2012, 02:07 PM
our offensive line did horrible in the first half run wise, there was time to execute the plays though and it wasn't happening.While that is true, I think the execution of plays can be fixed, but can the offensive line improve?

BlueReign
09-06-2012, 02:08 PM
I think the offense will come together. Once Nicks' foot heals to 100% (he was clearly NOT there last night) he will be able to create some more separation. I can't say I'm surprised about the run game or O-Line, we knew we had major issues there from the beginning, and we had some major issues there last season as well. Cruz just seemed out of focus, trying to do too much. The defense on the other hand has me worried. When Ogletree torches you, you really need to take a long hard look at the secondary (specifically corners, Rolle and Phillips played well). Blackburn is clearly not the answer at MLB as he lacks in coverage skills and seems to get bullied by the blockers.I still think this is a playoff team, but as always there will be bumps in the road. Who can honestly say that they fully believed the Giants would go 16-0 in the regular season? Get it out of our system now. We got a wake up call. Thank god it happened in Week one. We'll see what type of team we have next week against the Bucs. Go Blue.

jonnyhaze
09-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Honestly, that was his only "bad" pass all night. Eli was fine. The receivers were getting the balls right in their hands, and they just dropped it.

True he Eli doesn't garner much if any blame in this game. However I also hold him to a higher standard than anyone else on offense. I just think he could've played better. Better reads of the defense, better audibles, better execution in general. Anyway its only game 1. The offense will get better once Nicks starts feeling like himself again.

Gimaniac
09-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Offensive line.

They bring new meaning to Offensive

Rudyy
09-06-2012, 02:18 PM
True he Eli doesn't garner much if any blame in this game. However I also hold him to a higher standard than anyone else on offense. I just think he could've played better. Better reads of the defense, better audibles, better execution in general. Anyway its only game 1. The offense will get better once Nicks starts feeling like himself again. He can only go as far as the offensive line takes him honestly. I'm not saying he could have played better, but he's the last person I would plan on offense. Once again, he read the defenses and what not, they just couldn't execute. Why couldn't they execute? because either the offensive line was failing, or because receivers were having a bad case of the dropsies.

stormblue
09-06-2012, 02:18 PM
19 rushing attempts and 32 passing attempts does not = run, run pass.

yea , for 82 lousy yards....you don't think 19 pass plays would have yielded more than 82 yards and kept the chains moving.
they had the ball almost 10 minutes more than we did. so much for ball control.

and i'm not sayin' you shouldn't run....but you should use it timely and wisely.
its not how many times you run .... its WHEN you run.
AB's TD run came after that pass and the D was on their heels.

killdrive runs for the sake of running. its old school.
it won't work in Madden '13 ....and it won't work in this division.
screens , outlet passes and shotgun draws and pitch-outs when they are back
on their heels is a much better approach.

i'm not knocking the plays as drawn up ...KG is great X's and O's..
its the "what ,when and where" that drives me insane.

balls to the wall overdrive till they are dizzy and confused ,then run when they ain't lookin'.

we don't have the o-line or back 7 for power football.

admit it , and start playing wide open.

ajd4545
09-06-2012, 02:24 PM

Should have been 21 points, if not for 2 Dallas penalties, And by the Way 21 points would have been enough to win all 4 of our playoff games, including the Packers and Patriots, two of the best offenses in the league. If our D plays the way it should and the way it did late last year, 17 or 21 points is enough to win games, but I fully expect the Giants Offense to routinely put up much more than that going forward.

Redeyejedi
09-06-2012, 02:24 PM
The Giants Oline is so bad teams will sit back and play coverage all season because they can get pressure with 4 and stop the run with 6

Toadofsteel
09-06-2012, 02:25 PM
True he Eli doesn't garner much if any blame in this game. However I also hold him to a higher standard than anyone else on offense. I just think he could've played better. Better reads of the defense, better audibles, better execution in general. Anyway its only game 1. The offense will get better once Nicks starts feeling like himself again.

I think Eli had a great game. No INTs, despite getting jack all in pass protection and his receivers dropping balls left and right.

stormblue
09-06-2012, 02:40 PM
I agree the O will have to carry the lack of defensive secondary talent. The O will get its act together IMO. It was an important game for sure and i dont discount that. I just have to think they will pull it together. They have before when it all seemed lost....right?

i'm all-in with you on the hope , and yes i think we can make the playoffs....i didn't really
mean to sound like the the sky is falling , i'm confident we can roll if the coaches adjust
the gameplan to the reality of what our team actually is and could be, instead of what they want it to be.

but we gotta take the "outscore 'em" approach.....
cuz i don't see us being very effective with the "shut 'em down " approach LOL !!

GameTime
09-06-2012, 02:42 PM
i'm all-in with you on the hope , and yes i think we can make the playoffs....i didn't really
mean to sound like the the sky is falling , i'm confident we can roll if the coaches adjust
the gameplan to the reality of what our team is actually is and could be, instead of what they want it to be.

but we gotta take the "outscore 'em" approach.....
cuz i don't see us being very effective with the "shut 'em down " approach LOL !!
yes sir......................

bigblue58
09-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Not for nothin , but i think Bradshaw ran better on 2 fractured feet!
And speaking of Health.............
Why does it seem like our pass rush was more explosive last year banged up, than it was last night healthy and intact?

GameTime
09-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Why does it seem like our pass rush was more explosive last year banged up, than it was last night healthy and intact?
**** happens???/

stormblue
09-06-2012, 03:00 PM

i'll give romo credit where credit is due , but the gameplan seemed to be pressuring him up the middle instead of from the outside in.
and there was obviously no chance of a coverage sack....
personally i think that was a stupid gameplan against a mobile QB.

but what do i know .....i'm just the OP , not the DC.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Well that too, but our offensive line certainly didn't help either.Cruz looked like garbage last night!