PDA

View Full Version : What to do about the O-line?

TroyArcher
09-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Looks like they may be worse than last year based upon last nights performance. Last year they gave up the most QB pressures in the NFL and couldn't push anyone off the ball or open any lanes for the running game. Diehl and Boothe were horrible last night. I think Diehl is just too slow footed to be a Tackle. Baas doesn't get much of a push at all. I am not a Baas fan. I will give Boothe a pass for now. I don't think Beatty will be that much better than Locklear. They have become a very soft slow footed group. Not a good combination. This is one area where I think Reese has dropped the ball.

ryan12
09-06-2012, 01:40 PM
im probally gonna get trashed for saying this but i didnt think our line was that awful. not saying they were good. eli had plenty of time except on blitz's the o line isnt what cost us the game it was our d

YATittle1962
09-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Diehl was a turnstyle last night

GameTime
09-06-2012, 01:41 PM
they seem like they need to find a rythem or something. Just off a bit. Maybe its the personell or maybe they just need to do something to get them in synch.

TroyArcher
09-06-2012, 01:42 PM
im probally gonna get trashed for saying this but i didnt think our line was that awful. not saying they were good. eli had plenty of time except on blitz's the o line isnt what cost us the game it was our d

I have to disagree. They opened no lanes for the running game and Eli did get quite a bit of pressure. A few times it was due to the receivers not getting open, that I will agree.

ryan12
09-06-2012, 01:43 PM
even if the line opened holes slow *** bradshaw wouldnt have made it thru them. he looked awful last night

Fharcyde
09-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Wait for them to gel. We don't have many options as an upgrade until the offseason. Eli is going to make this line look a whole lot better than it actually is throughout the season. That's only in pass protection though, we need some sort of run blocking out of them. Bradshaw can't be left on the outside trying to create something himself before getting hit and taken down at the line.

JJC7301
09-06-2012, 01:54 PM
I didn't think they were all that bad either. Same as last year, but rusty. The FO should have started retooling this o-line after the '10 season with some higher draft picks and FA's. I have a feeling that our oline is going to become what our LB corp was for years -- mediocre talent at best while trying to find gems in the lower rounds.

Buddy333
09-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Hope that Beatty can come back and stay healthy. I don't know. I think they at a joke and have been for a year and a half. I don't see them getting any better.

VBGiantsFan
09-06-2012, 02:50 PM
To fix the line, we need to stop holding onto older guys (Diehl) and stop drafting "projects" like Brewer and Beatty (he is a project IMO).

It would also be great if we just signed a great linemen to anchor the whole thing. Which one lineman scares you out of these names:

Beatty, Locklear, Boothe, Baas, Snee, Diehl, Brewer

That is the BEST we have. That's not saying a whole lot.

Hooligans
09-06-2012, 04:11 PM
The O-line was getting bad last year....but they are MUCH worse this year. Poor Eli is going to take a beating.