PDA

View Full Version : Hixon as 3d receiver

Mick Jagger
09-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Congratulations to Hixon on his catch last night and his recovery again from serious injury. But my sense is that he is NOT as blessed with talent as Manningham is, and that Ruben Randle certainly deserves to be in the mix and on the field NOW!

It may only be the start of the season, but don't kid yourself, a loss like last night could be damming come December. We need to utilize our assets immediately -- we're not good enough to coast in any way.

YATittle1962
09-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Mick

I love your work and for the record do not believe any of the lies about you and David Bowe

...anyway

Hixon absolutely the best option for 3rd on the depth chart at the moment

Randle will eventually be ready .....but is clearly not at the moment

if Hixon can stay healthy he will be a huge part of this offense and I believe if he was healthy last season we may not have seen Manninham at all

Toadofsteel
09-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Does anyone remember last season? Hixon started above Cruz before his injury vs. the Rams. He's no scrub... if he stayed healthy the newspapers would have been buzzing with "Nixon Hixon" (read: Nicks and Hixon) as the top wideout tandem in the NFL.

Kruunch
09-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Congratulations to Hixon on his catch last night and his recovery again from serious injury. But my sense is that he is NOT as blessed with talent as Manningham is, and that Ruben Randle certainly deserves to be in the mix and on the field NOW!

It may only be the start of the season, but don't kid yourself, a loss like last night could be damming come December. We need to utilize our assets immediately -- we're not good enough to coast in any way.

Can you explain this to me please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G4jnaznUoQ

P.S. - Hixon is miles ahead of RR or Manningham right now.

yatitle
09-06-2012, 02:23 PM
I was thinking same thing. He isn't able to get separation most of the time. I would play Barden until Randle is ready to take over the job. The key for the third WR is to able to contribute outside so Cruz can move to the slot where he is much more dangerous.

Itlan
09-06-2012, 02:43 PM
If you think Hixon > Manningham, you're out of your damn mind.

nycisgreat
09-06-2012, 02:44 PM

Hixon did more than what was asked of him last night. The guy had a really good game.

Toadofsteel
09-06-2012, 02:47 PM

He was above Cruz last year, as well as Manningham...

TheShouldersOf
09-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Hixon had an okay game, that one catch was big and good, with Nicks less than 100% and Cruz not there,

you can only prove you know so much in practice, eventually you need to gain opportunities in real game action to prove you can translate it,

someone at the game said Randle was in on a play and 2-3 steps ahead of his defender on a go route and Eli never looked at him once

not saying X is better than X at this point, just observations

Mick Jagger
09-07-2012, 05:04 PM
If Randle isn't better than Hixon, he was a bad 2nd round choice. Yes, Hixon (like Tyree) can make plays -- but that doesn't make him a great receiver.

While Manningham was mentally inconsistent while here, he many, many times came up with stellar, clutch catches for TDs -- go watch the NFL Giants year-end video for 2011. It will scare you -- he MUST be replaced or we go NOWHERE! Without him last year, we most likely miss the playoffs.

TheAnalyst
09-07-2012, 05:09 PM

I must be outa my mind. MM wasnt anything special. He was at best a #2, more likely a #3 WR to complement 2 better WRs. Watch him in SF and you will see what I mean.

YATittle1962
09-07-2012, 06:28 PM
If Randle isn't better than Hixon, he was a bad 2nd round choice. Yes, Hixon (like Tyree) can make plays -- but that doesn't make him a great receiver.

While Manningham was mentally inconsistent while here, he many, many times came up with stellar, clutch catches for TDs -- go watch the NFL Giants year-end video for 2011. It will scare you -- he MUST be replaced or we go NOWHERE! Without him last year, we most likely miss the playoffs.

who had the most clutch catch of the game on Wed?

can't wait to hear your answer

if Hixon was healthy last year Manningham may have never seen the field

Hixon is not only a better receiver, route runner and a lot smarter of a football player than Mario....but he is a much better athlete

alentown pa
09-07-2012, 07:03 PM
who had the most clutch catch of the game on Wed?

can't wait to hear your answer

if Hixon was healthy last year Manningham may have never seen the field

Hixon is not only a better receiver, route runner and a lot smarter of a football player than Mario....but he is a much better athlete

hixon had the biggest catch..I disagree about hixon being a better reciever...hixon is def a better route runner and smarter than mario, but running after the catch, and big play ability, I've never seen anything out of hixon that makes him a better reciever than mario imo

BlueMetal 40
09-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Can you explain this to me please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G4jnaznUoQ

Ha!! I was expecting a highlight vid of Hixon's work.... That was funny!

Toadofsteel
09-07-2012, 07:29 PM
If Manningham couldn't even beat out Crabtree in SF, is he really that good?

DVision
09-07-2012, 08:22 PM

I agree! A bunch of Eli's 4th quarter touchdowns were to Manningham!

JB456
09-07-2012, 08:49 PM

I must be out of my mind too. Manningham had hands of stone last year (of course there were a few exceptions). The dude ranked 75th in dropped passes in the league. 1 being the best without any dropped passes. Why do you think nobody picked him up until later in free agency and San Fran picked him up for the NFL equivalent of food stamps? The dude is entering his prime and got signed for chump change.

Captain Chaos
09-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Wow........that's all I can say

TheShouldersOf
09-07-2012, 10:45 PM
hixon had the biggest catch..I disagree about hixon being a better reciever...hixon is def a better route runner and smarter than mario, but running after the catch, and big play ability, I've never seen anything out of hixon that makes him a better reciever than mario imo

One reporter said he had trouble getting stuck in his routes, when he couldn't get away from coverage he got stuck,

jomo
09-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Mick

I love your work and for the record do not believe any of the lies about you and David Bowe

...anyway

if Hixon can stay healthy he will be a huge part of this offense and I believe if he was healthy last season we may not have seen Manninham at allClear as spring water YA.

JB456
09-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Wow........that's all I can say

Manningham played a big role in the playoffs but if you think he is anything more than an upper echelon 3 or lower 2 wide receiver, take the homer glasses off. Oh, it seems that ALL NFL GMs agree with this assessment. That's all I have to say.

Mod_C
09-08-2012, 12:30 AM

I'm not so sure he's not right. Hixon was the leading receiver in 2008

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 12:34 AM
I for one loved when Rio was the #3 I know people are high on Hixon and I like him too but Nicks, Cruz, and manningham experts were saying they were the best trio of WRs in the NFL that's saying alot and if he's was playing on WED. we probably win that game running away.

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 12:38 AM
I must be outa my mind. MM wasnt anything special. He was at best a #2, more likely a #3 WR to complement 2 better WRs. Watch him in SF and you will see what I mean. He had two huge td catches against San Fran 1 in the postseason and one in the regular. I mean 3rd and 15 and he catches it for a td Manningham was no slouch.

bearbryant
09-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Right now Hixon played himself into the 3rd spot, period. What I'd like to see is to have somebody come along and take the job away from him because that would give us a better WR, one to replace MM but moreover- DH is by far the best return man we have. I like to see him do that and only that. He made some great run backs, we'll need them this year! Go Giants!

Martin 2
09-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Completely disagree about hixon.

He is the man.

Randle is a rookie.

I guess eventually Randle gets some playing time.

With all the injury that does occur throughout
the season all Wide outs will play at such a point.

Lets hope there ready! This aint pre-season anymore

slipknottin
09-08-2012, 12:49 AM
someone at the game said Randle was in on a play and 2-3 steps ahead of his defender on a go route and Eli never looked at him once

When was this? Maybe someone can tell me when Randle was even on the field.

YATittle1962
09-08-2012, 12:56 AM
When was this? Maybe someone can tell me when Randle was even on the field.

didn't happen

slipknottin
09-08-2012, 01:04 AM
didn't happen

PFF says combined, Robinson, Randle, and Wilson played 7 snaps on offense. So randle must have been on the field for a snap or two. No idea when, Ive been trying to watch through and spot him.

YATittle1962
09-08-2012, 01:31 AM
PFF says combined, Robinson, Randle, and Wilson played 7 snaps on offense. So randle must have been on the field for a snap or two. No idea when, Ive been trying to watch through and spot him.

he was in for I think 2 snaps and never got behind the defense....or even open for that matter

I watched him closely because I was shocked that he was even on the field

juice33s
09-08-2012, 01:50 AM
I'm not so sure he's not right. Hixon was the leading receiver in 2008And then he followed that up with a dud in 2009 and was unseated by Manningham himself.....Don't get me wrong I like Hixon alot, infact I think he has the surest hands on the team, but he's not better then MM

TheShouldersOf
09-08-2012, 01:57 AM
he was in for I think 2 snaps and never got behind the defense....or even open for that matter

I watched him closely because I was shocked that he was even on the field

the guy at the game said it was on the missed catch with Bennett,

i didn't personally see it, just reporting what someone said

zimonami
09-08-2012, 02:15 AM
Mick

...anyway

if Hixon can stay healthy he will be a huge part of this offense and I believe if he was healthy last season we may not have seen Manninham at all
Right on, YA.
Many here get excited about the physical and athletic potential of RR, and Barden's size. Rightly so. But, for RR, wide receiver is a whole lot more than that. It's complete knowledge of the playbook and audibles so that you'll be where Eli expects you to be.. That's why MM never fulfilled his potential... he never totally mastered the mental part and was often in the wrong place. Even Jerry Rice had a learning curve.
Another necessity is dependability with the ball. Wilson's fumble is an example of why TC doesn't rush rooks. The speed and punishment at this level is a big step up from college, and they can't appreciate that from camp or preseason games. The intensity of playoffs is even another incremental step in their learning curve.
Hixon knows the plays and audibles, runs correct routes, and catches the ball.
Barden and RR will get a share of playes every game, but it'll be awhile before either replaces Hixon. TC will make it gradual. Patience... I want to see them both on the field, too

Marvelousmik
09-08-2012, 02:21 AM

I notice people love to hype up players that were on this team. First was the steve smith hype. When he left people made it seem as though we lost a God. Now look at him. Then there was the kevin boss hype. People on here overrated this guy to the max. Now look at him. Now here comes the manningham hype. I cant wait for hixon to have a good year so this hype can quickly die down just like the rest.