PDA

View Full Version : If Osi & Tuck don't play

TroyArcher
12-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Do you put Kiwi back at DE and just take your chances with the weak LB's?

horn27
12-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Do you put Kiwi back at DE and just take your chances with the weak LB's?No, you start tolly. love this guys motor

BlueBlitzer
12-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Absolutely, you have to have bookend DE's that can get to the QB. I believe Eli will have a career game. MetLife will be Rockin for this one.

RoanokeFan
12-14-2011, 08:48 PM

You start Tollefson first. Then, do you have Boley and Phillips on the field? If you do, you can move Kiwanuka to DE and Grant to LB/Safety hybrid as they did last season. Grant should not be in deep coverage. Rolle can get back to playing true safety.

But what the hell do I know

jomo
12-14-2011, 08:51 PM

You start Tollefson first. Then, do you have Boley and Phillips on the field? If you do, you can move Kiwanuka to DE and Grant to LB/Safety hybrid as they did last season. Grant should not be in deep coverage. Rolle can get back to playing true safety.

I like that play RF. We have some depth at DL but none at LB. Leaving Kiwi put and using Grant as a slash LB is the best use of what we've got.

RoanokeFan
12-14-2011, 08:54 PM

I like that play RF. We have some depth at DL but none at LB. Leaving Kiwi put and using Grant as a slash LB is the best use of what we've got.

Can you imagine trying to coach with all of these variables? Thank God the coaching staff has the support of the fans. [:P]

TroyArcher
12-14-2011, 08:56 PM
I think you meant to say Giants Stadium.

BlueBlitzer
12-14-2011, 08:56 PM
If you can Sack the QB, Pressure Him, and have Him hearing footsteps, it doesn't matter if you have Moe, Larry, and Curly at LBer. ( IMHO)

RoanokeFan
12-14-2011, 08:57 PM

I feel sorry for Williams and Jones at LB this year. Talk about trial by fire. But the experience is invaluable and will serve them well going forward. I assume, of course, that they have the skill sets we believed them to have when drafted.

RoanokeFan
12-14-2011, 09:01 PM
If you can Sack the QB, Pressure Him, and have Him hearing footsteps, it doesn't matter if you have Moe, Larry, and Curly at LBer. ( IMHO)

I get your point, but when Tuck and Osi aren't on the field, the efficiency of the front 4 really suffers. YES, they've not been up to par, but who else is waiting in the wings?

BlueBlitzer
12-14-2011, 09:05 PM
If you can Sack the QB, Pressure Him, and have Him hearing footsteps, it doesn't matter if you have Moe, Larry, and Curly aLBer. ( IMHO)

I get your point, but when Tuck and Osi aren't on the field, the efficiency of the front 4 really suffers.* YES, they've not been up to par, but who else is waiting in the wings?

Man I miss those guys, especially when their on there A-game. Maybe we can get that Nascar Defense back for the Playoffs.

horn27
12-14-2011, 09:06 PM

You start Tollefson first.* Then, do you have Boley and Phillips on the field?* If you do, you can move Kiwanuka to DE and Grant to LB/Safety hybrid as they did last season.* Grant should not be in deep coverage.* Rolle can get back to playing true safety.

I feel sorry for Williams and Jones at LB this year.* Talk about trial by fire.* But the experience is invaluable and will serve them well going forward.* I assume, of course, that they have the skill sets we believed them to have when drafted.
+1

RoanokeFan
12-14-2011, 09:12 PM
If you can Sack the QB, Pressure Him, and have Him hearing footsteps, it doesn't matter if you have Moe, Larry, and Curly aLBer. ( IMHO)

I get your point, but when Tuck and Osi aren't on the field, the efficiency of the front 4 really suffers. YES, they've not been up to par, but who else is waiting in the wings?

Man I miss those guys, especially when their on there A-game. Maybe we can get that Nascar Defense back for the Playoffs.

That would be ideal

egyptian420
12-14-2011, 09:13 PM

Can you imagine trying to coach with all of these variables? Thank God the coaching staff has the support of the fans. [:P]

Lol couldn't agree more, ppl see poor play and automatically blame the DC or come to the conclusion that we should drop certain players. When people are pissed off they don't think rationally about how decimated this defense has been all season and that the players on it are very inexperienced and doing the best they can. Likewise, Perry is doing the best he can with what he has.

egyptian420
12-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Btw, Boley will play in this game and it appears he will be taking all snaps, so thats a huge plus. Tuck also should play through his toe injury but I'm not sure about how well. I hope they don't keep him out there for most snaps if he's clearly hampered by the injury.

RoanokeFan
12-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Btw, Boley will play in this game and it appears he will be taking all snaps, so thats a huge plus. Tuck also should play through his toe injury but I'm not sure about how well. I hope they don't keep him out there for most snaps if he's clearly hampered by the injury.

Who would have ever thought we'd be in the thick of the playoff hunt hoping MORE for Boley to be on the field than Tuck/Osi?

titwio
12-14-2011, 09:21 PM
I haven't heard any news on Herzlich but if he comes back this week I definitely wouldn't mind having Kiwi back at LDE.

They could use Herzlich, Williams and Boley at LB and I'd be fine with that....It's not like Kiwi is that great in coverage to begin with and he's much more valuable as a DE IMO especially if Tuck can't go.

RoanokeFan
12-14-2011, 09:23 PM
I haven't heard any news on Herzlich but if he comes back this week I definitely wouldn't mind having Kiwi back at LDE.

They could use Herzlich, Williams and Boley and I'd be fine with that....It's not like Kiwi is that great in coverage to begin with and he's much more valuable as a DE IMO especially if Tuck can't go.

Herzlich is still not practicing

egyptian420
12-14-2011, 09:24 PM

Who would have ever thought we'd be in the thick of the playoff hunt hoping MORE for Boley to be on the field than Tuck/Osi?

lol....it's been that kind of season

RoanokeFan
12-14-2011, 09:27 PM

lol....it's been that kind of season

People can say what they want, but the coaches earn their money.

titwio
12-14-2011, 09:27 PM

They could use Herzlich, Williams and Boley and I'd be fine with that....It's not like Kiwi is that great in coverage to begin with and he's much more valuable as a DE IMO especially if Tuck can't go.

That's disappointing.

fourth&forever
12-14-2011, 09:31 PM

What tremendous disappointment for Herz. This is a golden opportunity going to waste.

RoanokeFan
12-14-2011, 09:41 PM

What tremendous disappointment for Herz. This is a golden opportunity going to waste.

He's shown enough that they will keep him, but he could be getting better instead of nursing his injury.