PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Refs cost Giants at least 4 points possibly game:

Blueshine
09-06-2012, 01:47 PM
This is just another slant. I have fumed about a lot since last night but had we actually had real refs would our receivers had more separation and would we have gotten more sacks had real refs called holding penalties. Have not heard a lot of talk on this. It felt like we underplayed our abilities but the margin of error was 7 pts and I think if real refs were used it would have been much closer even with our list of injuries and issues.

GameTime
09-06-2012, 01:50 PM
nah....rerfs didnt cost the game at all....
besides bad calls happen every single game to every single team....
The Giants played lack luster on both sides of the ball.....period.

Question......Were the refs throwing blocks for Ogletree because he was open all night long......

JJC7301
09-06-2012, 01:51 PM
The game that I saw, the Cowboys won fair and square. They outplayed the Giants and won besides incurring something like 13 penalties to the Giants 4 or 5.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
09-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Yeah the refs jerked us on the Cruz hold...**** they jerked us on the Cruz block to the back, but they didn't cost us the game! Cruz's multiple drops, the o-line playing like dog****, our CB's not being able to cover the slant or hold them to a FG on 3rd and 30 did that!

Blueshine
09-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Well, I was thinking if we had 2 or 3 more sacks?

BlueSanta
09-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Penalties:

Giants 4 for 33 yards

Cowboys 13 for 86 yards.

and that's the thread folks

Ruttiger711
09-06-2012, 01:55 PM
I've seen the standard refs miss the same exact call. Just a blown call.

BlueReign
09-06-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm sure they missed some calls for the Cowboys too, but that's just the way it is. If the line got any type of push for Bradshaw this wouldn't even be a topic. Control what you can control.

SuperNYGiants
09-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Yes, the no PI call in the end zone is always a game changer, anybody who thinks being up 10-7 instead of being down 7-3 would not change the complexion of the second half is totally doing heavy drugs.

chuckedafter5yards
09-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Some calls just are not going to be made, I think it's a shame to have these bush-league refs.

Hooligans
09-06-2012, 03:21 PM
This is just another slant. I have fumed about a lot since last night but had we actually had real refs would our receivers had more separation and would we have gotten more sacks had real refs called holding penalties. Have not heard a lot of talk on this. It felt like we underplayed our abilities but the margin of error was 7 pts and I think if real refs were used it would have been much closer even with our list of injuries and issues.
Please...the Giants were horrible and Dallas completely outplayed them on Offense and defense....to suggest the Refs are in any way at fault is childish and stupid.

yoeddy
09-06-2012, 03:23 PM
There was that stretch when the Cowboys were getting called with penalties on what seemed like every play when I thought the refs were trying to help the Giants keep the Cowboys out of FG range there in the 4th quarter. Then Dallas scored on 1st and 30 and I realized it didn't matter...

ANON837
09-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Nah, G-men just got outplayed. The run blocking was putrid, Cruz wasn't focused, the CB situation is becoming an issue (AGAIN), and Ogletree had a career game. Tip your hat to Dallas and prepare for week 2.

Rod-Diggity
09-06-2012, 03:30 PM
we lost by 7 not 4, so even if this was true how does 4 points make up for a 7 point deficit? Those numbers don't add up, refs were actually the best they have been last night no more excuse plz we lost get over it i'm sure the team has already