PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me???

GIANTSED101
09-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Hey everyone, this is my first post. Long time Giants fan who's been enjoying a lot of your posts over the years.

Is it just me or did it just kind of seem like the Giants were all just kind of going through the motions? There just never really seemed to be any rythym to the game at all. Even though the first half was pretty close it was boring as heck, not what I expected at all. Once half time was over it seemed like Dallas was the only team who made any real adjustments. thoughts???

GIANTSED101
09-06-2012, 01:54 PM
First post in a long time, sorry for this mistyping.

GameTime
09-06-2012, 01:54 PM
not just you...
they were lackluster on both sides of the ball.....

GIANTSED101
09-06-2012, 01:57 PM
it was absolutely killing me, it was kind of like they just walked in the door expecting to win. That's something that I would never expect from a Coughlin team.

GameTime
09-06-2012, 01:59 PM
it was absolutely killing me, it was kind of like they just walked in the door expecting to win. That's something that I would never expect from a Coughlin team.
even the most disciplined team gets a big head every now and then. I think it was more that they thought they prepared enough and apparently they didnt. it will get fixed.....

GIANTSED101
09-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Even though they didn't play up to a high level I'm still happy with a lot of the things that I did see. If Dallas barely beat us while we were pretty much dogging it all night I can't wait until we play them again when we're at full throttle.

GameTime
09-06-2012, 02:06 PM
yeah....to see they only lost by 7 while playing lousy is a good thing but that last touch down the Dallas was prob playing in a somewhat prevent.

nhpgiantsfan
09-06-2012, 02:20 PM
I noticed this most of all with Tuck. For some reason he was out of the game after the long broken play by Murray. I couldnt tell if he was hurt or just getting a blow. But he just seemed to be sulking and completely not in the mood.

GIANTSED101
09-06-2012, 02:23 PM
I know a lot of the players were cramping up and such but yea I noticed that to. It just seemed like Tuck and Osi were on different planets. I don't remember hearing Osi's name called once last night. JPP was a beast and seemed to be the only guy who showed up besides Rivers.

Giantz4Life
09-06-2012, 02:25 PM
I had a really good feeling actually until the Wilson fumble....That was a great drive Eli was orchestrating

When we got stuffed on the goal line I was concerned.... Bradshaw had NOWHERE to go both plays and the O-Line was getting bullied.

The DeMarco 48 yard run and obviously the Miles TD on 1&30 just broke my heart

Ntegrase96
09-06-2012, 02:26 PM
I noticed this most of all with Tuck. For some reason he was out of the game after the long broken play by Murray. I couldnt tell if he was hurt or just getting a blow. But he just seemed to be sulking and completely not in the mood.

I was curious about this also. He got hit pretty hard by Vickers on the play and then missed a tackle... wasn't sure if he got hurt on the play.

yoeddy
09-06-2012, 02:27 PM

I thought the exact same thing...kind of like he was mid-season last year. Maybe he needs another talk with TC...

GIANTSED101
09-06-2012, 02:31 PM
I agree, the Wilson fumble kind pf tuck the momentum along with the Dallas stop. It just seemed like everything that could go wrong went wrong for us and Dallas got a few more breaks than we did.

GIANTSED101
09-06-2012, 02:32 PM
It's even more frustrating because it's not like Dallas came in a wooped our tales, we just didn't play well at all.

GameTime
09-06-2012, 02:33 PM
It's even more frustrating because it's not like Dallas came in a wooped our tales, we just didn't play well at all.
that in a nut shell is a positive thing kind of.....

GIANTSED101
09-06-2012, 02:40 PM
I agree, those plays were huge game changers. It just seemed like nothing was going right for us all night. Even the over throw but Eli to Hixon.

pthere55
09-06-2012, 02:48 PM
It just seemed like everyone was off and not prepared. Eli overthrew a few passes but there were big drops by the receivers also. We didn’t take advantage of the opportunities we had. I felt like on defense we got exposed because of the nonexistent pass rush and the secondary was out of place.

BillTheGreek
09-06-2012, 02:59 PM
I was very disappointed in the O & D...............I don't know what went wrong, it did not seem like our Giants.............they never adjusted, Lets hope they fix all their mistakes..............also i was surprised with Cruz, not catching those passes. Well lets hope we see the SB Giants in Action next week.

GIANTSED101
09-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Our secondary was putrid, even Webster was looking like a rook last night. I'm a huge Antrel fan but is it just me or does he wiff it a lot on those big plays? It's like he's either there late or over running the plays every single time.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
09-06-2012, 03:10 PM
I think that's what bothered me the most about the game.

Dropped passes (Cruz & Bennett), the over throw of Hixon for the TD, the Austin TD (he was double covered)...**** its so much. We played a shifty game and Dallas played a fairly decent game (atleast in the 2nd half) and we lost by 7. If we make that last stop on 3rd and 10 who knows maybe Eli has another drove in him.

GIANTSED101
09-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Totally agree, as bad as we played we still had a chance to atleast tie if our D could've made a stop.