PDA

View Full Version : Suggested alternate Offensive plays

Razur
09-06-2012, 02:07 PM
With all the concern for our O-Line and running game, wht don't we try some sort of wildcat plays ? Flip off to Hyno and let that bull plow through at goal line situations...something. We've become very predictable and apparently enough to jam us where we can't get into the endzone from a few yards out.
I know it's NOT traditional Giants scheme..but....c'mon...think a little out of the box and throwing a curve at a defense can only help ?

yoeddy
09-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Some screen passes would be awesome....

GameTime
09-06-2012, 02:09 PM
more TDs please.................

Razur
09-06-2012, 02:10 PM

Indeed !!!! is this really so far fetched an idea???

stormblue
09-06-2012, 02:11 PM

i like it too much !! ^^

Dwinsballgames
09-06-2012, 02:13 PM

Screen passes generally don't work very well in the red zone.

stormblue
09-06-2012, 02:14 PM
more TDs please.................

ha-ha !!

i'll take 3 to go ....hold the pickles and extra mustard please.

Razur
09-06-2012, 02:15 PM

I don't think that was meant for a "red zone" solution, just another play option....we havn't seen anything but the limited menu in a very long time

yoeddy
09-06-2012, 02:18 PM

We ran 54 plays in the game, only 5 of which were in the red zone (not including the FG)...

Dwinsballgames
09-06-2012, 02:20 PM
I don't think that was meant for a "red zone" solution, just another play option....we havn't seen anything but the limited menu in a very long time

Oh, I was just saying that cause the OP made reference to not getting into the end zone from a few yards out.

yoeddy
09-06-2012, 02:21 PM
btw - they ran the short yardage play to Hyno in preseason...

Dwinsballgames
09-06-2012, 02:22 PM
We ran 54 plays in the game, only 5 of which were in the red zone (not including the FG)...

Maybe you should read the OP's post again

Kruunch
09-06-2012, 02:23 PM
With all the concern for our O-Line and running game, wht don't we try some sort of wildcat plays ? Flip off to Hyno and let that bull plow through at goal line situations...something. We've become very predictable and apparently enough to jam us where we can't get into the endzone from a few yards out.
I know it's NOT traditional Giants scheme..but....c'mon...think a little out of the box and throwing a curve at a defense can only help ?

Not sure you can run the Wildcat with a QB that runs a 12 minute 40 (and fumbles at the end of it).

I'd love to see more classic screens, especially against teams with aggressive outside rushers.

However I think if the receivers actually catch the ball (including one dropped screen last night), our offensive woes go away. As soon as the passing game opens up, our running game will come back (unfortunately we don't have the oline to do it the traditional way).

Giants5699
09-06-2012, 02:24 PM
They should really just run no huddle/hurry up for most of the game.

yoeddy
09-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Maybe you should read the OP's post again

Why..........?

Dwinsballgames
09-06-2012, 02:28 PM
Why..........?

cause then you'll understand my reference to the red zone. no big deal.

Roosevelt
09-06-2012, 02:30 PM
How about a Eli on bootleg? No one would be prepared for that.

yoeddy
cause then you'll understand my reference to the red zone. no big deal.

Ok. I'd stlll like to see more screen passes, especially when the opposing defense is getting pressure on Eli...

Razur
Not sure you can run the Wildcat with a QB that runs a 12 minute 40 (and fumbles at the end of it).

I'd love to see more classic screens, especially against teams with aggressive outside rushers.

However I think if the receivers actually catch the ball (including one dropped screen last night), our offensive woes go away. As soon as the passing game opens up, our running game will come back (unfortunately we don't have the oline to do it the traditional way).

Point well made,,, guess i;m knee jerkin again...just seems like we tend to limit our talents when we BOX 'em...and like I said..by being so predictable.we are making every DC's job so much easier by being so vanilla!

repeatchamps
09-06-2012, 02:51 PM
They should really just run no huddle/hurry up for most of the game.

Been saying it since Eli's 1st no huddle situation when he came into the league. Alas, it has fallen on deaf years since that very day. If we still win Super Bowls in spite of not running that scheme I guess I can't complain much.

YATittle1962
09-06-2012, 03:00 PM

I'll take a good old quick slant route

the Cowboys showed us how to execute them last night so we should be well versed

Razur
09-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Hahah and OUCH !