PDA

View Full Version : I know it was NOT the reason for the loss but...

PennState1
09-06-2012, 03:48 PM
The holding was the worst, by far, I have ever seen in over 35 years of watching a TON of football. Our D-line and recievers were SO frustrated you could see it by their reactions after plays. The Cowboys knew the refs were not going to call holding so they used it to gain a physical and mental advantage. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually encouraged it during halftime.

Chris Collinsworth is a d-bag for saying that the replacement refs did a good job. He actually said that he would not have called that mugging on Cruz. He really pisses me off. Sucking up to Goodell.

The refs are going to seriously impact the outcome of many games this weekend and will continue to do so for a while. The league needs to realize that they are impacting the quality of their product. This is REALLY bad!

DandyDon
09-06-2012, 04:04 PM
agree 100%. when I heard that moron CC say they did a good job it didnt surprise me as he is an a$%.

speed3freak
09-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Just watched the game again.... JPP was held 4 times by Tyron Smith that I could see. Kiwi was held on a critical play. Linval was held. Cruz was certainly interfered with in the end zone. There was an illegal shift that wasnt flagged.

Then, all of a sudden, the refs decided to start throwing flags in the 4th.

Really doesnt make any sense...

If those flags were thrown, the cowboys wouldve had over 100 yards in penalties and it wouldve totally changed the game.

SMH

SuperNYGiants
09-06-2012, 04:16 PM
I have never seen JPP being so upset for being held until last night. He was screaming at the refs. I'd say the refs did a horrible job.

PennState1
09-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Perhaps the refs got a nasty message from Goodell during the game and they needed to get their heads out of their you know what and earn their pay. Putrid!

Jahh
09-06-2012, 04:41 PM
The holding was awful!! Sometimes I wonder if these broadcast partners of the NFL are obligated to put a positive spin, either contractually or like an unspoken rule.

keyofgmen
09-06-2012, 04:47 PM
To be fair...Giants had a blatant pick play for a catch that was ignored, and I thought at the time it was because they figured the refs wouldn't call it and they were right. But you are right generally.

JB456
09-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Just watched the game again.... JPP was held 4 times by Tyron Smith that I could see. Kiwi was held on a critical play. Linval was held. Cruz was certainly interfered with in the end zone. There was an illegal shift that wasnt flagged.

Then, all of a sudden, the refs decided to start throwing flags in the 4th.

Really doesnt make any sense...

If those flags were thrown, the cowboys wouldve had over 100 yards in penalties and it wouldve totally changed the game.

SMH

I may be crazy but for some reason it seems that holding calls rarely happen on passing plays (perhaps by league design?). If there is a running play, holding calls seem to be called much more often.

thomsoad
09-06-2012, 04:50 PM
All these threads do is provide entertainment to Cowboy fans.
Personally...i wont give em the satisfaction.

Plus if the refs were being relaxed on holding calls...then some blame has to go to either the scouting department of the Giants for not recognizing that these refs are laxed at these types of calls or the coaching staff for not taking advantage of it...Just something to think about.

GMenOnDeck
09-06-2012, 04:54 PM
To be fair...Giants had a blatant pick play for a catch that was ignored, and I thought at the time it was because they figured the refs wouldn't call it and they were right. But you are right generally.

That pick play is legal

thomsoad
09-06-2012, 04:55 PM

I was thinking the same thing on that call! That Nicks pick was so blatant i was shocked we didnt get flagged for it!
Frankly I was more surprised Chris Collinsworth didnt say anything about it either.

OX1
09-06-2012, 04:56 PM
All these threads do is provide entertainment to Cowboy fans.
Personally...i wont give em the satisfaction.

Plus if the refs were being relaxed on holding calls...then some blame has to go to either the scouting department of the Giants for not recognizing that these refs are laxed at these types of calls or the coaching staff for not taking advantage of it...Just something to think about.

Our O-line is so bad, they can't even hold...............

GMenOnDeck
09-06-2012, 04:57 PM
it is legal to pick a defender off as long as you are not more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage.

PennState1
09-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Again, I'm not saying we lost the game because of the refs. I'm also not saying that they favored the Cowboys. I'm just saying that they were REALLY bad and that the no-calls absolutely had an impact on the game. I'm sure the Cowboy fans could say the same about some no-calls from their perspective. Our team identity is our ability to rush the passer and disrupt their O. Holding would certainly frustrate pass rushers and reduce their ability to do their job.

Good for the Cowboys, I guess, for recognizing that they were not going to call holding and taking advantage of it.

I'm a ref. You set the tone for a game based on what you call early in the contest and the players quickly assess what you are going to allow them to get away with. Even little kids figure this out quickly!! You would be amazed how an 8-year-old althlete can work the system!!!

sharick88
09-06-2012, 05:05 PM
The holding was the worst, by far, I have ever seen in over 35 years of watching a TON of football. Our D-line and recievers were SO frustrated you could see it by their reactions after plays. The Cowboys knew the refs were not going to call holding so they used it to gain a physical and mental advantage. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually encouraged it during halftime.

Chris Collinsworth is a d-bag for saying that the replacement refs did a good job. He actually said that he would not have called that mugging on Cruz. He really pisses me off. Sucking up to Goodell.

The refs are going to seriously impact the outcome of many games this weekend and will continue to do so for a while. The league needs to realize that they are impacting the quality of their product. This is REALLY bad!
JPP was held just about every play. No doubt about it. I thought their olinemen were trying to dance with him or something.

giantsfan420
09-06-2012, 05:23 PM
at least we learned JPP OWNS tyron smith

CowboysSuck
09-06-2012, 05:39 PM
I can't lie, I saw more blatant holds against our D-line that went un-called in as long as I can remember. Still though, not an excuse. If that was how the game was being called we should have picked up on it and held their D-line. Orrrrr we could have eliminated a few of the millions of mistakes we made, on BOTH sides of the ball. This was an all-around dull effort. Theres no way around it. We got our butts whooped fair and square.

CowboysSuck
09-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Good for the Cowboys, I guess, for recognizing that they were not going to call holding and taking advantage of it.

Right on brother. We should have recognized this and adjusted. Something the giants havent always been excellent at is ADJUSTING.

PennState1
09-06-2012, 05:42 PM
No doubt about it

CowboysSuck
09-06-2012, 05:44 PM
BTW, if the refs had ANY impact on the game it was in the Giants favor. They tried sooo hard to give us the game in the 4th quarter....pushing the boys out of field goal range and into a 1st and 30. You can only imagine what happened on the next play...I SWEAR truth is stranger than fiction.

giantyankee1976
09-06-2012, 06:25 PM
I understand those scabs are trying their best but them *******s screwed the NYGs and coupled with the garbage play of the O Line gave me bad dreams last night and oh, the day... all those Bears fans and the odd alleged Boys fan giving me **** ... :mad: