PDA

View Full Version : Any faith left?

egyptian420
12-14-2011, 11:07 PM
Does anyone think this defense can get back on track before this season ends/in time for the playoffs (if we make it that far)?

I am just going on a hunch and think we will (yes, I am a homer, w.e u say pal).

EJ Blue
12-14-2011, 11:37 PM
what are we supposed to say no? of course everyone wants the defense to step up, and there's no reason they can't.

egyptian420
12-15-2011, 12:08 AM
<font size="4">what are we supposed to say no?</font> of course everyone wants the defense to step up, and there's no reason they can't.

Lol you'd be surprised what some people on here think....I'm just trying to see everyone's opinion on this

BigBlue wins
12-15-2011, 12:09 AM
I want to say yes, but I'm gonna say no

Roosevelt
12-15-2011, 12:23 AM
what are we supposed to say no? of course everyone wants the defense to step up, and there's no reason they can't.

+1

Meanhothead
12-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Faith? I think we're all praying

I just not use to my team having a horrible defense, horrible running game and a high-power passing game.

Weygand
12-15-2011, 03:17 AM
Does anyone think this defense can get back on track before this season ends/in time for the playoffs (if we make it that far)?

I am just going on a hunch and think we will (yes, I am a homer, w.e u say pal).

You're not a homer. A Homer thinks we're on track. A Homer thinks this Randall "Tex" Cobb approach to playing defense is a viable strategy (in that by getting scored on so much we're seeing all our likely post season opponents tricks).

As far as turning it around we need the ghost of Omar Stoutemire to come teach these guys how to hit.

But seriously, play should pick up with Philips recovering but save for that, we're in deep stuffs when it comes to keeping teams from driving down the field into FG territory with :58 to go.

And to be sure, the linebacker coverage is nothing to crow about either. Say what you want about Pierce, but I don't remember teams molesting us in the short to medium range as much as they are now.

For what it's worth, I don't think we'll see anything as disgraceful as the NO game. I wrote a long memo to Wellington after that game.

egyptian420
12-15-2011, 03:41 AM

You're not a homer. A Homer thinks we're on track. A Homer thinks this Randall "Tex" Cobb approach to playing defense is a viable strategy (in that by getting scored on so much we're seeing all our likely post season opponents tricks).

As far as turning it around we need the ghost of Omar Stoutemire to come teach these guys how to hit.

But seriously, play should pick up with Philips recovering but save for that, we're in deep stuffs when it comes to keeping teams from driving down the field into FG territory with :58 to go.

And to be sure, the linebacker coverage is nothing to crow about either. Say what you want about Pierce, but I don't remember teams molesting us in the short to medium range as much as they are now.

For what it's worth, I don't think we'll see anything as disgraceful as the NO game. I wrote a long memo to Wellington after that game.

+1

daynemustgo
12-15-2011, 10:17 AM
This depends on your point of view. I have been able to make peace with the defense as I now expect them to give up a TD on each and every possession. When they donít allow a score, it's like they are playing great.

Bottom line is that the season will go as far as Eli can take them. It's a lousy deal for the offense but they can't expect much of anything from the defense at this point.
(See 1st Redskins game, Seattle game, Eagles game, Saints game, Cowboys game, Packers game, etc.)

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 10:20 AM

with injured osi and tuck, i don't have the best faith

The key to our defense is hitting the QB and we're missing 2 of our 3 best pass rushers. I am hoping we can just outscore everybody

BigBlue wins
12-15-2011, 10:30 AM
I wish our defense played like Houstons this year

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 10:32 AM
I wish our defense played like Houstons this year

truth is that we'd be lucky to have Wade Phillips

dude was a garbage HC, but is adamn fine DC

Mod_C
12-15-2011, 10:53 AM

I think we HAVE to have Boley on the field to improve communications and we need Phillips on the field to let Rolle and Grant play where they should be. The front four is now the 800 pound gorilla with Osi out and Tuck, well being Tuck and who knows which one will show up. He did seem to be more like the old Tuck last week but now the toe.....

We have to believe in the team. If you read today's news thread we, the FANS, are being called out on two fronts. First, Eli trails in fans' pro bowl voting, second, TC is hoping the 12th man is in evidence against the Redskins.

Many here are very critical of the players and coaches doing their jobs but fans at the games have a jop to do as well and, yes, it does matter.

It is our division to lose! Are WE doing all we can to help that happen?

RoanokeFan
12-15-2011, 10:58 AM

The defense doesn't have to be "stellar" with the offense we now have. They need to get some three and outs and the Offense needs to capitalize on those opportunities. Four weeks ago no one, me included, gave the OLine any chance or establishing a running game. It apears we now have that going for us.

Yes, we can get it done, and I believe we will.

miked1958
12-15-2011, 11:09 AM

+1
</P>

Well on ESPN inbetween the Mike&amp;Mike show and ESPN First Take they had this thing giving the Giants odds to make the playoffs and the guy doing it said he felt that the Giants could get in and make another deep run like in 07... He felt they have the best chance to get hot and go all the way. The girl on the other hand said she didnt think they would even make it to playoffs based on the performance of their D against Dallas and other teams in past 3/4 wks. </P>

Sorry I was not totally paying attention so I didnt get the % of Gmen making playoffs or the names of the people doing the Piece. Sorry</P>

miked1958
12-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Just backed it up.. I have DVR. It was the "7 numbers never lie" segment and according to the Computers the giants chances of making the playoffs is 63.9. The question was "whats more likely for giants, Deep Run or Collapse? The ladys name is charissa and she said with the 40.3 the D is giving up in last 4games they dont have a chance, but michael said QBR of Grossman and Sanchez is 40.8 and that will be the deciding factor to help get the giants confidence back going forward into the playoffs. He said that he thinks they will play more like they did vs Pats then how they did vs Saints and GB. The murders row of games is over and they are still alive. That is bad news for some of the elite teams... WOW

Ruttiger711
12-15-2011, 11:19 AM
Some faith sure. I would have a lot more faith say if the defense were getting caught and giving up just the big home run plays... buts its the LONG sustained drives that they've let EVERY team they played against have.... multiple times throughout the game. Its not a matter of IF the other team will score, but how much.

That being said... the defense really solidified against dallas last week in the 2nd half - let up big plays? yes. Get chewed up by all phases of the opponents' offense - nope.

I think they are capable of reducing maybe 10-14 points against them a game if they play like last Sunday (second half) and that could be HUGE.