PDA

View Full Version : David Diehl play better or retire.. he is so visibly bad now it's sad to see. Brewer?

NYG4lifeNYK
09-06-2012, 04:00 PM
He can't even play RT now.... it's so disappointing. He's not even a liability he's a train wreck.

Can Brewer be that much worse? Or McCants... someone? I know Brewer is struggling to stay healthy a lot..

What options are there?

wuzpapn
09-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Diehl, really? Lmao, do some of you "fans" just make threads to make threads?

Jesus.

wuzpapn
09-06-2012, 04:04 PM
No blame goes to Locklear who allowed Ware to have a field day with Eli, right?

Mind blowing.

Axels17
09-06-2012, 04:05 PM
One of Ware's sacks was definitely off of Diehl. Can't completely blame him, because Ware is one of the greatest defensive players around, but damn it looked bad. Dunno about the other.

Eli2Shockey4aTD
09-06-2012, 04:12 PM
I mean yah Diehl is at the end of his career, but he whole line seemed overwhelmed so I am not sure if I can pick on one guy.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Diehl, really? Lmao, do some of you "fans" just make threads to make threads?

Jesus.

Hey mr "holier than thou" before you stick your nose in everyone threads coming off like a ***** know who you're talking to before you post.

You may have signed up in 2009 but you never post so spare us your asinine opinion.

Diehl sucks now, that's no stretch of the imagination and I love Diehl.

moosedrool
09-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Locklear pass protected OK vs Dallas, so if/when Beatty's back is able to go at LT I'd like to see Locklear at RT and Diehl benched.

Buddy333
09-06-2012, 04:20 PM
He has been done for 2 seasons now. They can't give Brewer a chance if he can't even get on the field.

Jahh
09-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Even pete prisco is starting to say Diehl is bad and anyone who follows pro football focus and prisco knows he refused to accept Diehl was as bad as he was last year.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Even pete prisco is starting to say Diehl is bad and anyone who follows pro football focus and prisco knows he refused to accept Diehl was as bad as he was last year.

He's a big liability.... he needs to play better or Eli will never have time to throw

RoanokeFan
09-06-2012, 05:09 PM
No blame goes to Locklear who allowed Ware to have a field day with Eli, right?

Mind blowing.

In the post game show, Carl Banks said Ware moved over to the right side because he knows Diehl having played against him for years. On the left side Beatty was playing TE next to Locklear on a lot of plays

sharick88
09-06-2012, 05:22 PM
The real title of this thread should be "What's the Diehl".

gmen46
09-06-2012, 05:24 PM
He's a big liability.... he needs to play better or Eli will never have time to throw

Damn that Diehl!!!

After all, it was his fault that Cruz dropped 3 passes that were solidly in his hands.

It was Diehl's fault that Cruz was mugged on the goal line, preventing him from catching a "sure" TD.

It was Diehl's fault that Bennet couldn't corral that pass off his outstretched hands on the sidelines, which would have continued yet another failed drive.

It was Diehl's fault Wilson fumbled the ball on one-of-several killed Giants drives throughout the game.

It was Diehl's fault that our DBs gave up the 34 yd TD on a 1st-and-30.

It was Diehl's fault Romo had a nearly perfect night, connecting on nearly every pass, while our DBs were burnt on 4-5 huge pass plays--resulting in continuing long drives, setting up TDs and/or scoring TDs.

It was Diehl's fault Murray broke 2-3 tackles at LOS, and, aide by a blatant hold on Kiwi, ran for a 49 yard gain in the second half.

All those mistakes/missteps, right there, combined to cost the Giants the game.

There are many players to blame for falling down or failing to step up in last night's game.

To single out Diehl--who was not involved in any of those mistakes and who was perhaps the least of the Giants' problems last night --as under performing is astoundingly absurd, irrelevant, not to mention unfair.

giantsfan420
09-06-2012, 05:32 PM
im sorry gmen46, usually i agree with u. but DD was pretty awful. We didnt even try running to the right after it was failing that way miserably, even moreso than to the left. and he completely wiffed on several blocks. That sack he gave up to ware, i believe both were on him but 1 for sure, it was pretty sad watching him...he was playing way too high, was getting zero leverage...i mean i appreciate his heart and will, which is pretty much the only thing keeping him afloat. but when beatty comes back i'd bet my house lockler goes to rt. the loss was not on dd by any means, but i continually saw eli having to slide in the pocket way too early time and time again bc the pressure was just coming at him so quickly...i thought lockler held his own vs ware for the most part, and iirc, ware switched sides and attacked DD...eh, cowboys can get aftr the qb tho hopefully it was just a bad performance and not a trend

sharick88
09-06-2012, 05:33 PM
damn that diehl!!!

After all, it was his fault that cruz dropped 3 passes that were solidly in his hands.

It was diehl's fault that cruz was mugged on the goal line, preventing him from catching a "sure" td.

It was diehl's fault that bennet couldn't corral that pass off his outstretched hands on the sidelines, which would have continued yet another failed drive.

It was diehl's fault wilson fumbled the ball on one-of-several killed giants drives throughout the game.

It was diehl's fault that our dbs gave up the 34 yd td on a 1st-and-30.

It was diehl's fault romo had a nearly perfect night, connecting on nearly every pass, while our dbs were burnt on 4-5 huge pass plays--resulting in continuing long drives, setting up tds and/or scoring tds.

It was diehl's fault murray broke 2-3 tackles at los, and, aide by a blatant hold on kiwi, ran for a 49 yard gain in the second half.

All those mistakes/missteps, right there, combined to cost the giants the game.

There are many players to blame for falling down or failing to step up in last night's game.

To single out diehl--who was not involved in any of those mistakes and who was perhaps the least of the giants' problems last night --as under performing is astoundingly absurd, irrelevant, not to mention unfair.

lmao..................

moosedrool
09-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Damn that Diehl!!!

After all, it was his fault that Cruz dropped 3 passes that were solidly in his hands.

It was Diehl's fault that Cruz was mugged on the goal line, preventing him from catching a "sure" TD.

It was Diehl's fault that Bennet couldn't corral that pass off his outstretched hands on the sidelines, which would have continued yet another failed drive.

It was Diehl's fault Wilson fumbled the ball on one-of-several killed Giants drives throughout the game.

It was Diehl's fault Romo had a nearly perfect night, connecting on nearly every pass, while our DBs were burnt on 4-5 huge pass plays--resulting in continuing long drives, setting up TDs and/or scoring TDs.

It was Diehl's fault Murray broke 2-3 tackles at LOS, and, aide by a blatant hold on Kiwi, ran for a 49 yard gain in the second half.

To single out Diehl--who was not involved in any of those mistakes and who was perhaps the least of the Giants' problems last night --as under performing is astoundingly absurd, irrelevant, not to mention unfair.

The title of the thread isn't "Giants lost the game because of Diehl", so your post makes no sense. Diehl played lousy and you call it unfair? LMAO.

NYKiller
09-06-2012, 05:47 PM
David Diehl is a average guard who is not good enough to play the tackle position. He gets kill playing against fast athletic pass rushers. And he was getting kill last season. I have no idea why he is still playing Tackle. I know, the giants never truly address the tackle position during the off season, so they went with the next best thing. Even I know the O-line would be a problem before the season start in my "Cut David Carr Thread."

NYG4lifeNYK
09-06-2012, 05:47 PM

Haha! Well played sharick... really well played

son of ***** why didn't I think of that haha

NYG4lifeNYK
09-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Damn that Diehl!!!

Spare me the write up...

Diehl played TERRIBLE and has been for some time, wake up or live in denial some more.

Who is singling anyone out? Because I made a thread about him? I've made a lot of threads.

CowboysSuck
09-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Damn that Diehl!!!

Serious post fail, fail...fail...you failed

Diehl played poorly, to say otherwise is "astoundingly absurd, irrelevant, not to mention unfair"

Fail

CowboysSuck
09-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, i apologize. Every point you made is correct, however. But you have to aknowledge that David "I'm still hungover" Diehl played poorly. Simple.

I'm not saying he wont spring back, that he an awful player, he need be cut etc etc...just saying he played bad..which is true.

TheEnigma
09-06-2012, 06:06 PM
How dare you talk like this about David Diehl. Do you not know of the thousands of accomplishments he has performed in his life time while you were just an insignificant cell inside of your father?

2x Super Bowl Champion
All Pro Selection (2008)
Pro Bowl Selection (2009)
First Man to walk on the Moon
Invented hundreds of condiments we use for sandwiches today
Stormed the beaches of Normandy by himself.
Advisor to Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking

Show some damn respect NYG4lifeNYK

Dwinsballgames
09-06-2012, 06:10 PM
How dare you talk like this about David Diehl. Do you not know of the thousands of accomplishments he has performed in his life time while you were just an insignificant cell inside of your father?

2x Super Bowl Champion
All Pro Selection (2008)

you forgot "invented the internet"

TooStupid
09-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Not sure what game you watched. Deihl was getting stood up and pushed back. He's constantly missing blocks or getting pushed back. I read
somewhere that Deihl would be a surprise training camp cut due to poor play last year and his DUI. He;s not the only one that can't run block,
and its time some of these guys get sent packing

Dwinsballgames
09-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Not sure what game you watched. Deihl was getting stood up and pushed back. He's constantly missing blocks or getting pushed back. I read
somewhere that Deihl would be a surprise training camp cut due to poor play last year and his DUI. He;s not the only one that can't run block,
and its time some of these guys get sent packing

and with whom would you replace them??

PRGiant
09-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Dude is done, he had a good run...

TooStupid
09-06-2012, 06:25 PM
I'm not the GM, What I saw and heard yesterday was that Dallas had a completely revamped line. The Center came in after an injury, and That entirely unfamiliar unit took care of our defense without much trouble, This entire line is physically weak and the blocking schemes seem atrocious. hit the waivers and find bodies, and get rid of the line coach. I dont care what his rep is, his day is past.

myles2424
09-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Brewer? He was getting abused in the 3rd & 4th quarter of the jacksonville preseason game.......Enough said..

keyofgmen
09-06-2012, 06:27 PM
and with whom would you replace them??

Therein lies the problem....We have what we have....that's the way it is....maybe not the way we like it....but that's the way it is....

NYG4lifeNYK
09-06-2012, 06:28 PM

2x Super Bowl Champion
All Pro Selection (2008)

lol :lmao:

Roswell777
09-06-2012, 06:31 PM

Or...

Is he a done Diehl?

Just joshin'

myles2424
09-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Is a trade out of the question? Any older vets in the last year of their contracts or competing for a spot with younger guys?
I dont see our Oline problem magically fixing itself...

sharick88
09-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Or...

Is he a done Diehl?

Just joshin'

lol, that is just as cool

keyofgmen
09-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Diehl me out..I'm broke...

BlueSanta
09-06-2012, 07:05 PM
You sure do make a lot of threads

NYG4lifeNYK
09-06-2012, 07:19 PM
You sure do make a lot of threads

Yes sir I do. It's football season.

GIANTS football!

BROADWAYSTORM
09-06-2012, 08:19 PM
I am more worried about Baas. He generates absolutely no push in the run game. Let's face it we are a passing team. We cannot run with this offensive line. We have to open up the draws and screens because we cannot pound the rock.

Tmurda1984
09-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Dont talk about Draws these fans will flame you. I told all these fans that the Shotgun draw was our best running play and these fans said I was dumb as Killdrive himself. These idiotic fans along with Reese thinks this line can blow people off the ball...LOL get real.

appodictic
09-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Yes. He BETTER play better or else the giants will replace him with someone EVEN WORSE.

We can bring in Mitch Petros or that guy from the eagles that failed the physical.

Red Font over.

Since the giants made no effort to draft or acquire anyone better then him in the off season its not like we have any other options.

Redeyejedi
09-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Locklear pass protected OK vs Dallas, so if/when Beatty's back is able to go at LT I'd like to see Locklear at RT and Diehl benched.I agree Locklear was much better then Diehl.Diehl is finished.Its unbelievable we dont have a better tackle on the roster. Giants coaches and scouts have done a piss poor job finding and developing Offensive lineman. The last guy they developed was Diehl. Its been 7 years now come on

gmen46
09-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Spare me the write up...

Diehl played TERRIBLE and has been for some time, wake up or live in denial some more.

Who is singling anyone out? Because I made a thread about him? I've made a lot of threads.

I would say making a thread about Diehl is singling him, yes.

You feel better about the loss, now that you did so?

gmen46
09-07-2012, 04:26 PM
The title of the thread isn't "Giants lost the game because of Diehl", so your post makes no sense. Diehl played lousy and you call it unfair? LMAO.

I also called it absurd and irrelevant to the loss.

repeatchamps
09-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Locklear pass protected OK vs Dallas, so if/when Beatty's back is able to go at LT I'd like to see Locklear at RT and Diehl benched.

Yup and I'd like them to switch Baas and Boothe just to see how it would work. Baas is a natural Guard and was better at Guard than center when he was with SF and Boothe has center experience now. Just make Boothe practice snapping 5,000,000 times a day lol.

gmen46
09-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Serious post fail, fail...fail...you failed

Diehl played poorly, to say otherwise is "astoundingly absurd, irrelevant, not to mention unfair"

Fail

Where did I say he did not "play poorly"?

I said he was perhaps the least of our problems Wed. Do you seriously disagree with that?

BParcells777
09-07-2012, 04:32 PM
How did we win 2 SBs with Dave at LT..........maybe we give him more than one game to settle in at RT?

Can you grade Baas, and the other 3 also.....I dont think DD was the whole magilla

JB456
09-07-2012, 04:33 PM
I also called it absurd and irrelevant to the loss.

I'm not trying to come at you but did you see the thread that was posted that showed the Giants offensive line play? There was a great video posted that showed how bad individual players did. If you haven't seen it, check it out and you will see not only was Diehl inefective in both pass protection and running plays, it looked like he gave up on plays and his assignment tackled Bradshaw on several plays. It was pretty ugly.

gmen46
09-07-2012, 06:40 PM
How did we win 2 SBs with Dave at LT..........maybe we give him more than one game to settle in at RT?

Can you grade Baas, and the other 3 also.....I dont think DD was the whole magilla

Exactly my point.

moosedrool
09-07-2012, 06:46 PM
How did we win 2 SBs with Dave at LT

Because our pass rush was awesome, and our QB and WR's are elite...and Wes Welker dropped a game clinching pass, and the SF punt returner gave us two turnovers....point is, we won in spite of Diehl, not because of him. He stinks, and anyone who thinks otherwise is either in denial or clueless.

JB456
09-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Because our pass rush was awesome, and our QB and WR's are elite...and Wes Welker dropped a game clinching pass, and the SF punt returner gave us two turnovers....point is, we won in spite of Diehl, not because of him. He stinks, and anyone who thinks otherwise is either in denial or clueless.

Diehl has rapidly declined. Either you see it or you are in denial. I get it though, its really tough to admit it when there is practically nothing they can do at this point. The Giants are stuck with this horrendous line for the entire season.