PDA

View Full Version : Hate losing

Tuckit91
09-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Works going to suck tonight!! Got a lot of Cowboys and Packer and Panther fans at work and even a Eagles fan and they are going to be doing some talking..I may get fired for punching someone out..lol

Eli2Shockey4aTD
09-06-2012, 05:36 PM
I have dinner at my Moms and my brother-in-law will be there and he is a BIIIIG ****** cowboy fan. He roots for any team the Giants play so he can rub it in my face. Hell he roots against my fantasy teams too.

thomsoad
09-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Take your beating like a man.
I already had to buy my buddy a burger today since i lost the bet.
Seriously if you cant take the ribbing then dont tell people who your favorite teams are.
One of my best friends is a Browns fan for Petes Sakes.
If he hasnt gone POSTAL yet I think you can keep your hormones in check.

BurnerNYG
09-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Who doesn't? I'm honestly not that upset....we won a Superbowl last year. I still got my Gmen hat on and my license plate cover is still tightly fastened. It'll take 2 seasons of bad play to really get under my skin. I'm disappointed but not how some of you guys are.

JB456
09-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Works going to suck tonight!! Got a lot of Cowboys and Packer and Panther fans at work and even a Eagles fan and they are going to be doing some talking..I may get fired for punching someone out..lol

Don't worry about it bro, you could always pull the we swept you last year in route to a Superbowl victory (for the Cowboys fans).

For the Packers fans: We retired your QB and eliminated you twice during the playoffs within the last 5 years.

Pound you chest all you want, it was the first game of the season.

Eli2Shockey4aTD
09-06-2012, 05:45 PM
At work the Cowboy/Eagle/Pat fans were not too bad today.

PennState1
09-06-2012, 05:49 PM
If anyone gives you a hard time ask them if they have a few minutes to help you shine the 2 SuperBowl trophies we won in the last 4 years!

If its a Cowboy fan, pat him on the back and tell him you understand how frustrated he must be having the Gmen beat his team 2x, in their house, knocking them out of the playoffs while on our way to SuperBowl victories.

If its a Packer fan tell him the same thing!!!!!!!!

If it's an Eagle fan, ask them how many SuperBowl trophies they have.

If its a Carolinas fan...just laugh.

GMenOnDeck
09-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Kinda like how the eagles kick our *** most of the time and we finally beat them last year :)

PennState1
09-06-2012, 06:04 PM
In the end, the only thing that matters are the trophies in the case.

Tuckit91
09-06-2012, 06:23 PM
All good stuff...But yeah I aint that upset about it its only one game and we got 15 more wins to go!!

sharick88
09-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Hopefully by the end of the season, we'll all be laughing about this loss. 0-1 is not the end of the world. Anyone thinking that our season is already over can go **** themselves

PennState1
09-06-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm with you!

BillTheGreek
09-07-2012, 01:19 AM
Season is not OVER ! But STOP running into a Brick Wall..ALL the Time...3&Out................AB is not getting it done, trying to go thru the center of the line. If they want to use him on runs, try little passes or a pitch-out and let him run on the out-side.
Did we forget, we where LAST in the league in Rushing last year ! IT'S TIME FOR ADJUSTMENTS !
I HATE LOSING MORE THAN YOU ! lol

Hessian
09-07-2012, 01:34 AM
Season is not OVER ! But STOP running into a Brick Wall..ALL the Time...3&Out................AB is not getting it done, trying to go thru the center of the line. If they want to use him on runs, try little passes or a pitch-out and let him run on the out-side.
Did we forget, we where LAST in the league in Rushing last year ! IT'S TIME FOR ADJUSTMENTS !
I HATE LOSING MORE THAN YOU !
It was the first game of the season, nothing wrong with trying to gauge your running strengths/weaknesses against your first true test. You make it sound like we should have abandoned the run before the preseason. I will not be the last one to tell the likes of you that the Gmen will have little to no success without a running game. Giants football is smashmouth football, whether they can do it effectively or not. Do you know of or even worse root for a beloved club that has changed their philosophy so much that you no longer recognize them? I do.

BillTheGreek
09-07-2012, 01:53 AM
It was the first game of the season, nothing wrong with trying to gauge your running strengths/weaknesses against your first true test. You make it sound like we should have abandoned the run before the preseason. I will not be the last one to tell the likes of you that the Gmen will have little to no success without a running game. Giants football is smashmouth football, whether they can do it effectively or not. Do you know of or even worse root for a beloved club that has changed their philosophy so much that you no longer recognize them? I do.

How much Gauge testing did we need.?....If it does not work ......Try something else..........We where LAST in the league, last year in RUSHING ! Other NFL teams have the same problem as us with the run.......so they do more passing..........like Green Bay etc.

Hessian
09-07-2012, 02:06 AM
seems like that was a year ago, got to gauge this year right? Green bay wasn't predictable in the end were they? Apparently they just laid down according to some of their/one member of their team. You NEED a balanced offense to be effective, why not test it 1st game and not game 13 per say. I'm not going to argue your intensity, I feel it. Patience is a virtue.

Toadofsteel
09-07-2012, 02:22 AM
seems like that was a year ago, got to gauge this year right? Green bay wasn't predictable in the end were they? Apparently they just laid down according to some of their/one member of their team. You NEED a balanced offense to be effective, why not test it 1st game and not game 13 per say. I'm not going to argue your intensity, I feel it. Patience is a virtue.

We tested it in that game and it was not worth it. In a 16-game season, every win is important...

Hessian
09-07-2012, 02:32 AM
We tested it in that game and it was not worth it. In a 16-game season, every win is important...
That game being the very first of the season?

GFiP
09-07-2012, 02:52 AM
There's a difference between losing with talent and when you're rebuilding and losing. The Giants have loads of talent and if they repeat 09 or 10 and don't make the playoffs, it will be an epic failure

Losing a game to the mediocre Cowboys IS a big deal. Have you seen the schedule yet for chrissake! They need to take care of the cupcakes first.

BurnerNYG
09-07-2012, 03:00 AM
There's a difference between losing with talent and when you're rebuilding and losing. The Giants have loads of talent and if they repeat 09 or 10 and don't make the playoffs, it will be an epic failure

Losing a game to the mediocre Cowboys IS a big deal. Have you seen the schedule yet for chrissake! They need to take care of the cupcakes first.Nah it won't be epic failure. How many teams can say they won 2 recent Superbowls in five seasons. Besides, we got a brutal schedule... BRUTAL!!

BurnerNYG
09-07-2012, 03:01 AM
Hopefully by the end of the season, we'll all be laughing about this loss. 0-1 is not the end of the world. Anyone thinking that our season is already over can go **** themselvesToo funny!!!

SweetZombieJesus
09-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Already had my Eagle-fan boss rub it in, I've been listening to "luck luck luck" all offseason and now this on top of paying a fortune to go to the game...

Just remember, it's a week 1 humiliation and not a season-ending week 17 humiliation. This will pass.

Unlike our offense.

SweetZombieJesus
09-07-2012, 08:06 AM
How much Gauge testing did we need.?....If it does not work ......Try something else..........We where LAST in the league, last year in RUSHING ! Other NFL teams have the same problem as us with the run.......so they do more passing..........like Green Bay etc.

Then you become one-dimensional and more easily stopped. Not to mention there are benefits to having an o-line -- such as when you play SF in the championship game and your QB is getting tenderized like a veal cutlet.

BillTheGreek
09-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Then you become one-dimensional and more easily stopped. Not to mention there are benefits to having an o-line -- such as when you play SF in the championship game and your QB is getting tenderized like a veal cutlet.

I want runs too.........but not running into a Brick Wall !..... I'm saying do more passing , pitch outs, screen passes , until we can fix the O-Line.....Then we can run down their throat !........ you say Vanilla, I say Chocolate. But in the End, we are all Giant Fans.

BigBlue1971
09-07-2012, 06:05 PM
i hate losing too but at this point we have to remember it is the 1st game. the Giants were obviously still in preseason mode!

i do expect they will start their string aginst the Bucs! they'd better cuz it gets no easier going forward!

Parademon
09-07-2012, 11:32 PM
No one hated losing that game more than me! I lost $50 & had to wear a Cowboys shirt at work all day! That was the bet I had with my co-worker who's a diehard Boys fan. Hopefully I'll get back my $50 on Oct 29 & have him wearing my Giants SB shirt for the day!