PDA

View Full Version : Once again *unfortunately* Eli was the only constant last night on offense

NYG4lifeNYK
09-06-2012, 08:16 PM
This is the 3rd time I heard someone mention that Eli was "erratic" or "tentative" or "not as effective as he could have been".

Do people really think Eli didn't play his *** off last night?

There were 5 or 6 drops... yet Eli still had a 65.6 completion % for a 94.9 passer rating despite an atrocious O-line, zero run game, penalties...

Very proud of the zero picks and would of had a second TD but the refs robbed him when Cruz got mugged in the end zone.

Point is he was fantastic, making good smart throws.

His only blunder was leading Hixon a little too much in the end zone.

That one pass to Hixon where he zipped it past one of their DB's was incredible.(The one where they said was almost a pick-6)

Mod_C
09-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Are you going to start a thread every time time three people say something?

Imgrate
09-06-2012, 08:26 PM
He made two bad decisions on the last drive that very well could have saved alot of time.

1. Cowboys blitz. One on one coverage all over the field and Eli decides to throw it to our worst WR on the field who was being covered by the best corner on the field. All the while Cruz is streaking down the seam. HAVE to take a shot deep there.

2. Get a free first down when the cowboys go offsides and Eli checks it down instead of taking a shot deep.

Eli knew we had to score fast and the best opportunities of doing so were not taken.He's not perfect, and the overthrow to hixon wasn't his only mistake of the game. Hell, it wasn't his only mistake on that one drive.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Are you going to start a thread every time time three people say something?

Merely pointing out how well Eli played despite his "small" package(stat line) ;)

It's not only on here.

The fedex guy today said "I hate Dallas, Eli needs to play better than that next week if we want to win" ... I had to correct him.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-06-2012, 08:30 PM
He made two bad decisions on the last drive that very well could have saved alot of time.1. Cowboys blitz. One on one coverage all over the field and Eli decides to throw it to our worst WR on the field who was being covered by the best corner on the field. All the while Cruz is streaking down the seam. HAVE to take a shot deep there.2. Get a free first down when the cowboys go offsides and Eli checks it down instead of taking a shot deep.Eli knew we had to score fast and the best opportunities of doing so were not taken.He's not perfect, and the overthrow to hixon wasn't his only mistake of the game. Hell, it wasn't his only mistake on that one drive.

You can't take a shot deep when nothing is there.

We picked up about 8 yards which is better than an incompletion. You're nit picking.

Eli uses all of his targets, he's not going to zone in on Nicks or Cruz. Hixon was open. Cruz was on the opposite side of the field, that's pretty hard to see when you have an all out blitz coming at you.

Imgrate
09-06-2012, 08:37 PM
You can't take a shot deep when nothing is there.We picked up about 8 yards which is better than an incompletion. You're nit picking.Eli uses all of his targets, he's not going to zone in on Nicks or Cruz. Hixon was open. Cruz was on the opposite side of the field, that's pretty hard to see when you have an all out blitz coming at you.On the blitz, hixon wasn't open, hence Carr broke it up. Cruz was on the same side of the field, which is why I noticed him.Taking a chance going deep on the offside play is probably like a 20% success rate with the wrs we have. getting an extra 3 yards doesn't come anywhere close to that in terms of helping us win the game. Got to play the percentages, it's the difference between winning and losing

BurnerNYG
09-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Who cares, we lost.

Eliscruzzz
09-06-2012, 08:54 PM
He made two bad decisions on the last drive that very well could have saved alot of time.

1. Cowboys blitz. One on one coverage all over the field and Eli decides to throw it to our worst WR on the field who was being covered by the best corner on the field. All the while Cruz is streaking down the seam. HAVE to take a shot deep there.

2. Get a free first down when the cowboys go offsides and Eli checks it down instead of taking a shot deep.

Eli knew we had to score fast and the best opportunities of doing so were not taken.He's not perfect, and the overthrow to hixon wasn't his only mistake of the game. Hell, it wasn't his only mistake on that one drive.now we are questioning Eli two minute offense abilites please man how many times has this guy come through in the clutch you can't take a shot deep every play and especially when the defense is in prevent...smh.

Imgrate
09-06-2012, 09:43 PM
now we are questioning Eli two minute offense abilites please man how many times has this guy come through in the clutch you can't take a shot deep every play and especially when the defense is in prevent...smh.They were in prevent on a cover0 blitz? Lol...An offsides call that gives you a first down is the perfect time to take a shot. Especially when time is against you.

Marvelousmik
09-06-2012, 09:57 PM
This is the 3rd time I heard someone mention that Eli was "erratic" or "tentative" or "not as effective as he could have been".

Do people really think Eli didn't play his *** off last night?

There were 5 or 6 drops... yet Eli still had a 65.6 completion % for a 94.9 passer rating despite an atrocious O-line, zero run game, penalties...

Very proud of the zero picks and would of had a second TD but the refs robbed him when Cruz got mugged in the end zone.

Point is he was fantastic, making good smart throws.

His only blunder was leading Hixon a little too much in the end zone.

That one pass to Hixon where he zipped it past one of their DB's was incredible.(The one where they said was almost a pick-6)

Besides the miss pass to hixon in the red zone, i thought eli played perfect giving the circumstances he was under. I havent been reading on here much after the loss but if people think eli played bad they need to carry back their madden.

Tmurda1984
09-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Fans dont understand how important Eli is to this franchise and Coughlin. Eli's play makes everyone around him better, its too bad they can't do the same for him. Eli has played under a poor line, new weapons each year, no running game, and receivers who can't bring down tough grabs. Eli was deadly accurate last night, and there was nothing Eli could do any better in that game (except maybe scrambling for his life, like Romo does at times). Everytime I talk about Reese, other fans want to bring up that he's won 2 Superbowls in 5 years which is GREAT, I do appreciate that. I dont think this GM has done a good job aligning Eli with another Elite sidekick...and this GM wouldnt have what it takes when the Manning Era is over. Even if Reese found this Elite sidekick, we wouldnt be able to afford him after his rookie contract is over with.

Imgrate
09-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Fans dont understand how important Eli is to this franchise and Coughlin. Eli's play makes everyone around him better, its too bad they can't do the same for him. Eli has played under a poor line, new weapons each year, no running game, and receivers who can't bring down tough grabs. Eli was deadly accurate last night, and there was nothing Eli could do any better in that game (except maybe scrambling for his life, like Romo does at times). Everytime I talk about Reese, other fans want to bring up that he's won 2 Superbowls in 5 years which is GREAT, I do appreciate that. I dont think this GM has done a good job aligning Eli with another Elite sidekick...and this GM wouldnt have what it takes when the Manning Era is over. Even if Reese found this Elite sidekick, we wouldnt be able to afford him after his rookie contract is over with.Two top 10 wrs are awful sidekicks...err umm

gumby74
09-06-2012, 10:37 PM
After Eli had a great year last season, you'd think Eli fan boys would be a little bit more secure.

Roosevelt
09-06-2012, 10:44 PM

Eli knew we had to score fast and the best opportunities of doing so were not taken.He's not perfect, and the overthrow to hixon wasn't his only mistake of the game. Hell, it wasn't his only mistake on that one drive.

That was inexcusable. I don't think I've ever seen Eli go long off an encroachment.

Eliscruzzz
09-06-2012, 10:47 PM
They were in prevent on a cover0 blitz? Lol...An offsides call that gives you a first down is the perfect time to take a shot. Especially when time is against you. last year there was 5min. and 41 sec. left in the 4th quarter and Eli didn't throw bombs to get the 1st TD, he took his time and scored with 3 min left defense made the stop came back and scored you don't have to throw bombs all the time to score quick I think Eli knows what he's doing in those situations. Especially when you have all your timeouts and the two minute warning.

CowboysSuck
09-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Eli is the man, ok, we get it

Nothing new here folks..

Roosevelt
09-06-2012, 10:51 PM
You can't take a shot deep when nothing is there.

We picked up about 8 yards which is better than an incompletion. You're nit picking.

Eli uses all of his targets, he's not going to zone in on Nicks or Cruz. Hixon was open. Cruz was on the opposite side of the field, that's pretty hard to see when you have an all out blitz coming at you.

That is the time most definitely to take a shot down field because you have nothing to lose. We had the first down no matter what happened.

Throwing that short pass was in essence a wasted opportunity.

GMenOnDeck
09-06-2012, 10:54 PM
.. What does it matter we still need the defense to make a stop

BuffyBlueII
09-06-2012, 10:59 PM
Folks are nit picking on Eli Manning when our defense gives up a TD on aplay when it is 1st and 30?

Imgrate
09-06-2012, 11:01 PM
.. What does it matter we still need the defense to make a stop you score faster then the defense gets two chances instead of one. It increases your chance of winning

Imgrate
09-06-2012, 11:02 PM
last year there was 5min. and 41 sec. left in the 4th quarter and Eli didn't throw bombs to get the 1st TD, he took his time and scored with 3 min left defense made the stop came back and scored you don't have to throw bombs all the time to score quick I think Eli knows what he's doing in those situations. Especially when you have all your timeouts and the two minute warning. Different drives have different situations. The highest percentage chances were not taken

giantsfan420
09-06-2012, 11:27 PM
That is the time most definitely to take a shot down field because you have nothing to lose. We had the first down no matter what happened.

Throwing that short pass was in essence a wasted opportunity.
i doubt eli was positive the flag would be thrown. to me, looked like eli checked to see if the flag was thrown and it wasnt right away...i dont know if he was sure they called it...

Hessian
09-07-2012, 12:03 AM
Are you going to start a thread every time time three people say something?<br>Are you here to moderate or instigate? It's a forum... where people create threads that other people reply to while the mods "keep it clean". Let's not be fascist here :cool: