PDA

View Full Version : Get the F off the ledges

giantyankee1976
09-06-2012, 09:25 PM
C'mon people it's only 1 game...think about it. the NYG were the monkey on the collective backs of Dallass.

15 games to go, Tampa's next.

Step away from windows, get down from the ledges.

2 SB Wins in this Century is more than most of the other Teams have.

And please remember the anti-Giant bias extends beyond the friendly NFCE this year. Just about every team out there wants to beat on us and talk that ****.

Circle the ****ing wagons and slide all your chips to the center of the table.

NYG till the World Blow Up !!!

FTW !!!

Redeyejedi
09-06-2012, 09:29 PM
The Super Bowl wins mean absolutely nothing in 2012.I didnt even like having that celebration before the game either its the wrong message. This line of thinking is still in the players heads as well. i hope Dallas knocked it out of them.

giantyankee1976
09-06-2012, 09:31 PM
agreed. they epitomized SB high to a tee.

no one is rolling over for them, they got to earn that ****

Giantz4Life
09-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Yeah I was saying as they were bringing out the trophies jokingly to my buddies: "Boy with all this celebrating they better remember to win the game"

Oops!

I really do hope they felt embarrassed after that game and are hungry for redemption.

titwio
09-06-2012, 09:53 PM
What's weird is even through all the mishaps Dallas had yesterday with penalties and such...they're mental toughness was eerily similar IMO to the Giants in 2011. They came out strong in the second half and they really embraced that finish mentality.

Cowboys have a good team and they're balanced on both sides of the ball. Giants are going to need to step it up next time they play cause if that team starts gelling, they're a legit contender.

miked1958
09-06-2012, 10:33 PM
C'mon people it's only 1 game...think about it. the NYG were the monkey on the collective backs of Dallass.15 games to go, Tampa's next.Step away from windows, get down from the ledges.2 SB Wins in this Century is more than most of the other Teams have.And please remember the anti-Giant bias extends beyond the friendly NFCE this year. Just about every team out there wants to beat on us and talk that ****.Circle the ****ing wagons and slide all your chips to the center of the table.NYG till the World Blow Up !!!FTW !!!in our two recent SB seasons we lost our opening game to an NFCE opponent. Dallas in 07 and Skins in 11. This is a sign!!

SweetZombieJesus
09-06-2012, 10:48 PM
in our two recent SB seasons we lost our opening game to an NFCE opponent. Dallas in 07 and Skins in 11. This is a sign!!

Buy a gnome and bury it

giantyankee1976
09-07-2012, 12:25 AM
LOL, that's the spirit fellas

BurnerNYG
09-07-2012, 01:41 AM
This season should be fun. If we make it to the playoffs, they damn sure gonna earn it and will be ready for anybody. I can't wait to see how these cards play out.

Toadofsteel
09-07-2012, 01:47 AM
In poker, if you're all-in and lose, it's all over. So what is it? Are we no longer all-in, or is the season over?

egyptian420
09-07-2012, 01:52 AM
I'm ALL IN baby!!! All chips in! I could never give up on this team, Much less after just 1 game.

BurnerNYG
09-07-2012, 01:57 AM
I'm ALL IN baby!!! All chips in! I could never give up on this team, Much less after just 1 game.I was ready to give up on em last year after one game but that was due to my lingering anger of that Philly debacle and missing the playoffs 2 years in a row. I think I also was drinking a little bit too much of that "Dream Team" Kool-aid. I learned my lesson.

G-MENBK
09-07-2012, 01:59 AM
I was ready to give up on em last year after one game but that was due to my lingering anger of that Philly debacle and missing the playoffs 2 years in a row. I think I also was drinking a little bit too much of that "Dream Team" Kool-aid. I learned my lesson.

Dream Team was last year. Now, it's a dynasty!

BurnerNYG
09-07-2012, 02:08 AM
Dream Team was last year. Now, it's a dynasty!Lol.......

tonyt830
09-07-2012, 06:25 AM
C'mon people it's only 1 game...think about it. the NYG were the monkey on the collective backs of Dallass.

15 games to go, Tampa's next.

Step away from windows, get down from the ledges.

2 SB Wins in this Century is more than most of the other Teams have.

And please remember the anti-Giant bias extends beyond the friendly NFCE this year. Just about every team out there wants to beat on us and talk that ****.

Circle the ****ing wagons and slide all your chips to the center of the table.

NYG till the World Blow Up !!!

FTW !!!Amen Brother! I was pissed and agitated watching the game the other night. Of course it sucks losing to Dallas, especially at home opening the season. I give Dallas credit for coming out with the passion and fire.

Hopefully its a wake up call, and we will see our Giants come out with the same passion and fire vs the Bucs! Its a marathon, not a sprint. The season has not been decided after 1 loss in week 1!

I don't want to say there are good losses, all loses suck. But that loss to Dallas is a reality check for our GMEN! Maybe its the spark the Giants needed. The 2011 season is over, in the past. The Giants need to take that frustration of that loss to the Cowboys, suck it up, and go out and unleash on their upcoming opponents. Leave everything on the field fellas!

Captain Chaos
09-07-2012, 06:34 AM
Thanks I needed someone to tell me the obvious!!!

giantyankee1976
09-07-2012, 07:24 AM
... I don't want to say there are good losses, all loses suck. But that loss to Dallas is a reality check for our GMEN! Maybe its the spark the Giants needed. The 2011 season is over, in the past...

that's what I hope to. Remember that 4th and Goal Line stop back in '07 versus the Skidmarks???
that **** turned everything around. This is not the same Team but still...

remember losing to the high and mighty Pats during the regular season?

remember going on a crazy run at the end of last season?

all the Ryans we saw holding a L? (Rex, Rob and Grant)

They can do this, it is a marathon but you take it in 60 minute intervals.

as TC says, win the battles at the point of attack, be physical at the point of attack.

Let's get it!

SweetZombieJesus
09-07-2012, 07:33 AM
Thanks I needed someone to tell me the obvious!!!

It's not obvious at all to the doom-and-gloomers

giantyankee1976
09-07-2012, 07:53 AM
Ay !!! we could have the Sanchise and Tebow-Mania...

jomo
09-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Ay !!! we could have the Sanchise and Tebow-Mania...Thank you!

Toadofsteel
09-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Ay !!! we could have the Sanchise and Tebow-Mania...

The way KG wants to relive the glory days of a run-first offense? Eli can't throw for 5,000 yards if you keep running on 1st and 2nd down for no gain...

giantyankee1976
09-07-2012, 10:09 AM
yeah but fundamentally you cannot abandon either the pass or the run for the other.

high school football? Yes.

pro football? No way.

He has to keep plugging away in the hope we get something and then it's on.

But perhaps, as some have said, using the pass to set up the run might work. Get the safeties and corners to go zone and if the OLine finds their nuts and provides some solid run-blocking; 44 or 34 (22) can bust one ...

Toadofsteel
09-07-2012, 10:19 AM
But perhaps, as some have said, using the pass to set up the run might work. Get the safeties and corners to go zone and if the OLine finds their nuts and provides some solid run-blocking; 44 or 34 (22) can bust one ...

The whole idea of passing to set up the run is so simple... just pass until there's only 7 in the box. You need a pro-bowl caliber O-line to run block efficiently when there's 9 or 10 defenders in the box...

giantyankee1976
09-07-2012, 10:23 AM
they don't have to all be pro-bowl caliber...they just have to want and will to win the physical battles. be they one-on-one or whatever.

Toadofsteel
09-07-2012, 10:28 AM
they don't have to all be pro-bowl caliber...they just have to want and will to win the physical battles. be they one-on-one or whatever.

You have to remember, there's 5 o-linemen, maybe 6 or 7 depending of if there's a 6 OL set or if TE's are kept in to block (which happens often in our system). If there's 10 in the box, you're outnumbered either way. its 9-on-7 in the best case, 10-on-5 in the worst case. But when the box is loaded like that you can easily throw those slants like Romo did, screen passes, you name it.

jomo
09-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Glass half full boys and girls!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPVYfjFbHPrV9T0ATdIRPU93aHlJr8L dusqLgRq6QJXn6HsG3S

giantyankee1976
09-07-2012, 10:31 AM
...don't remind me (ugh)

my point is, historically these Coughlin led teams tend to start off kind of so-so.

I would love for us to see them dominant from the gate but it is a long season. let's mass-panic when or if we are in the cellar and 0-3 within the Division...

Toadofsteel
09-07-2012, 11:31 AM
...don't remind me (ugh)

my point is, historically these Coughlin led teams tend to start off kind of so-so.

I would love for us to see them dominant from the gate but it is a long season. let's mass-panic when or if we are in the cellar and 0-3 within the Division...

We'll probably be sharing the cellar with washington this week. Philly has the Browns week 1...