PDA

View Full Version : Prince may not be back as soon as we expect or hope... :\

NYG4lifeNYK
09-07-2012, 12:29 AM
Just going to link the topic

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=451659

drewz
09-07-2012, 01:01 AM
Well the good news is that the Bucs and Panthers don't pose much of a threat through the air, so if he needs the added week.. I think we'll be fine

BurnerNYG
09-07-2012, 03:31 AM
Well the good news is that the Bucs and Panthers don't pose much of a threat through the air, so if he needs the added week.. I think we'll be fineYou do realize that The Panthers was a top 5 offense last year, right?

TheBookOfEli
09-07-2012, 03:56 AM
Yeah Cam Newton only passed for 4,000 yards as a rookie lol.

titwio
09-07-2012, 04:01 AM
Well the good news is that the Bucs and Panthers don't pose much of a threat through the air, so if he needs the added week.. I think we'll be fine

Every NFL team poses a threat and the Buc's are not one of the worse passing teams. They're actually improved and have a lot of weapons in Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams,ArreliousBenn, Dallas Clark, etc...not to mention their running game and defense is improved also. I'm not expecting a cake walk at all.

Josh Freeman is going to exploit this team any way he can. I remember last year when Charlie Whitehurst and Rex Grossman ripped up the Giants secondary.

If Prince can't go this week I really don't feel to good. If I were the Giants I'd give Hosley first team reps opposite Webster. ANYONE but Tryon.

tonyt830
09-07-2012, 07:10 AM
It sounds like there is a good chance that we may not see Prince for a couple more games. Maybe he is healthy for the Eagles game? High ankle sprains can linger.

I just hope Hosley continues to improve and Coe heals up and is a go this week or next. Depth is a problem right now at CB.

Captain Chaos
09-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Many thought that a high ankle sprain, even mild, would take a while. disappointed but not surprised.

Buddy333
09-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Lol. After watching them play the other night what makes you think the Giants will have an easy game against anyone. Until I see Webster play better I'm not sold on them beating their next 2 opponents. They obviously have problems on the other side of the field, but Webster looked horrible the other night.

drewz
09-07-2012, 12:40 PM
You do realize that The Panthers was a top 5 offense last year, right?

That was because of their rushing attack. Their leading receiver after Steve Smith last year was Jonathan Stewart.

BTW, Cam Newton's numbers dropped off considerably in the later season as team got more film on him.

thomsoad
09-07-2012, 12:45 PM
I never expected Prince back before week 5 at the earliest.
The Giants are notorious for being inacurate in regards to injury timelines.
History has shown Nicks timeline was a fluke...not the norm.

Flip Empty
09-07-2012, 12:50 PM
That was because of their rushing attack. Their leading receiver after Steve Smith last year was Jonathan Stewart.

BTW, Cam Newton's numbers dropped off considerably in the later season as team got more film on him.
You must not watch many games. Newton can sling it, as can Josh Freeman. Neither of these teams are small fry.
The Panthers possess the type of offense which is capable of obliterating the Giants' D.

sharick88
09-07-2012, 12:50 PM

WTF are you talking about? Cam Newton and Steve Smith are more than formidable and Josh Freeman and Vincent Jackson are as well.

sharick88
09-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Yeah Cam Newton only passed for 4,000 yards as a rookie lol.

You just made me spill my drink!!

YATittle1962
09-07-2012, 12:54 PM
anytime you hear the words high ankle sprain you can pretty much bet all the money in the bank that this means no action for 6 to 8 weeks if not more

what "high ankle sprain" actually means is that the syndesmotic ligaments connecting the tibia and fibula in the lower calf/shin region have been stretched beyond their capacity and/or are slightly torn.

I have suffered this injury and could not even put weight on it for several weeks

even when Prince is cleared to play I would not expect him to be fully functional until possibly week 10 to 12 .... possibly even later because he seems to be what I call a "delicate athlete"

just the reality here folks