PDA

View Full Version : Darrelle revis????

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 01:41 AM
I know this is off topic but is his contract up after this year and if it is would you guys be down to pay him to play here? This is just a question.

Toadofsteel
09-07-2012, 01:43 AM
Would we have the cap room? He commands the highest contract for a CB in the league iirc...

NYG4lifeNYK
09-07-2012, 01:44 AM
wow... come on man.

We would have to let go of KP, Cruz, JPP, Nicks.... zero possibility

He wants more money every season.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 01:47 AM
wow... come on man.

We would have to let go of KP, Cruz, JPP, Nicks.... zero possibility

He wants more money every season. It's just a question I don't pay attention to the Cap and what ever I know we have to sign players too was just asking if it was possible If he wanted to play here you wouldn't take him?

Rat_bastich
09-07-2012, 01:48 AM
If they could make it work somehow...damn skippy!

Toadofsteel
09-07-2012, 01:49 AM
It's just a question I don't pay attention to the Cap and what ever I know we have to sign players too was just asking if it was possible If he wanted to play here you wouldn't take him?

If there was a way to get him without cutting our players left and right, I could go for it. He seems way too professional to play on the Jets...

Maybe cut Canty and Rolle, who are now our two most overpaid players, and we MIGHT be able to work something out...

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 01:55 AM
I like that ideal maybe sign to a 2 year deal or something have him line up across from Webster would be a beautiful thing.

Toadofsteel
09-07-2012, 02:00 AM
I like that ideal maybe sign to a 2 year deal or something have him line up across from Webster would be a beautiful thing.

As long as it's not the Webster from Wednesday...

NYG4lifeNYK
09-07-2012, 02:05 AM
We have a better chance of getting Obama to play for us as a long snapper.

Believe me when I ntell you this, there is ZERO chance.

EVERY team would LOVE to throw their hat in the ring for a guy like him but we simply cannot.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 02:08 AM
Would we have the cap room? He commands the highest contract for a CB in the league iirc... lol yeah he had trouble last night maybe he was more worried about the other corners getting beat and having to save their a***.

BurnerNYG
09-07-2012, 02:16 AM
Nah I don't believe in paying a db as much money as Revis demands. We need to keep our Dline intact or improved to make our corners jobs easier. We need to fix our O-line before anything.

rainierjef
09-07-2012, 02:59 AM
build from the draft. looks like corner/OLine might be the 1st round pick. fml

GFiP
09-07-2012, 03:01 AM
If there was a way to get him without cutting our players left and right, I could go for it. He seems way too professional to play on the Jets...

Maybe cut Canty and Rolle, who are now our two most overpaid players, and we MIGHT be able to work something out...

That would be a dream come true.

BurnerNYG
09-07-2012, 03:06 AM
build from the draft. looks like corner/OLine might be the 1st round pick. fmlI hope they go Oline in the first round and pick up a stud in free agency. I think Hosley is gonna develop into something special and hopefully Prince stops getting dunked in ice water and pulls his head out of his ***. He needs to drink more milk too obviously lol. We'll probably still nab a corner, I'm just hoping we don't have to be forced to draft one early.

Toadofsteel
09-07-2012, 03:11 AM
I thought we would have drafted on the O-line early, but instead we took a RB. Hope that it works out in the long run, given the state of our o-line...

GFiP
09-07-2012, 03:16 AM
I thought we would have drafted on the O-line early, but instead we took a RB. Hope that it works out in the long run, given the state of our o-line...

Reese always drafts talent over need. But our need (o-line) is more like a hole.

Rat_bastich
09-07-2012, 03:18 AM
I hope they go Oline in the first round and pick up a stud in free agency. I think Hosley is gonna develop into something special and hopefully Prince stops getting dunked in ice water and pull his head out of his ***. He needs to drink more milk too obviously lol. We'll probably still nab a corner, I'm just hoping we don't have to be forced to draft one early.

Redeye(it's like saying Beetlejuice) are there any O-linemen of note coming out next year worthy of a first round pick to this point...maybe mid to late first round? I know O-line isn't a sexy pick but it is definitely something we need to do.

rainierjef
09-07-2012, 03:21 AM
the talent pool of O-line at 32 was not good. most of the 1 round talent O-line are gone by 15-20

BurnerNYG
09-07-2012, 03:22 AM
Redeye(it's like saying Beetlejuice) are there any O-linemen of note coming out next year worthy of a first round pick to this point...maybe mid to late first round? I know O-line isn't a sexy pick but it is definitely something we need to do.Redeye Is definitely the best person to ask. I'm not sure yet until the college season plays out.

rainierjef
09-07-2012, 03:23 AM
Redeye(it's like saying Beetlejuice) are there any O-linemen of note coming out next year worthy of a first round pick to this point...maybe mid to late first round? I know O-line isn't a sexy pick but it is definitely something we need to do.
won't know till mid season trying to sif through games and whatever red cuts. i think enigma was on Oline duty this year lol i've been focusing on TE's and corners

Rat_bastich
09-07-2012, 03:48 AM
won't know till mid season trying to sif through games and whatever red cuts. i think enigma was on Oline duty this year lol i've been focusing on TE's and corners

I'll have to check you guys out over on the NFL Draft threads then. So far the only college game I caught was my Irish over in Dublin beating up on some Midshipmen/Seamen.

TheEnigma
09-07-2012, 03:52 AM

I've got my eyes on a few guys that could realistically fall to us. I could see us picking anywhere from 14 all the way to 32 going by this team's history in recent years. Really gotta like that Barrett Jones kid from Alabama...He played admirably at left tackle last year and now he will play center for his senior year. He could be one of those rare players who can play any offensive line position. Would be the perfect replacement for Diehl.

For rounds 2-3, I'm a big fan of the following: OT Ricky Wagner (big Wisconsin tackle), LT Oday Aboushi (has the feet and frame), Gs Johnathan Cooper and Alvin Bailey (offer interior versatility). I'm very confident that we will get at LEAST one of those guys in the draft.

Odds are that we will probably pick up another project OL player in the later rounds so I need to dig deeper there and see what I can find.

JB456
09-07-2012, 03:23 PM

Ha. If Revis signed a 2 year deal he would hold out 30 seconds after he signed for a bigger contract.

Moke
09-07-2012, 03:33 PM
I don't know... you can only dream I guess?

GMENAGAIN
09-07-2012, 04:12 PM
I know this is off topic but is his contract up after this year and if it is would you guys be down to pay him to play here? This is just a question.
Pretty sure that he has 2 years left on his deal (one year after this year)

GMENAGAIN
09-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Reese always drafts talent over need. But our need (o-line) is more like a hole.

Reese does not always draft talent over need . . . . .

giantfan1976
09-07-2012, 04:18 PM

Don't even suggest it. That's like entering a Bentley into a demolition derby. No way I'd pay for a high-priced CB just to watch him rip both hamstrings and break a clavicle while being fitted for his uniform. Cause you know it would happen.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Don't even suggest it. That's like entering a Bentley into a demolition derby. No way I'd pay for a high-priced CB just to watch him rip both hamstrings and break a clavicle while being fitted for his uniform. Cause you know it would happen. Probably with our luck on the injury front with CB's it starting to really piss me off I can almost count on it that at least two of our starting corners will go down before the season starts, Which is sad really cause we looked so go against the Bears in preseason granted it was preseason but still look good.... Damn you Brandon Marshall.

Sarcasman
09-08-2012, 04:02 PM

From a dollars to value perspective I have to believe this is a losing proposition. He isn't really worth what the Jets pay him and I only see that number going up. Do you view the spread differential to be so large that you'd pay 10x the average salary for the position? IMO he (nor Nnamdi for that matter) is not worth 10x the average salary for the position.