PDA

View Full Version : With the Oline fixed, ...

Mercury
12-15-2011, 08:55 AM
they need to step it up a notch. We need to develop that killer instinct on offense. We've got to start making our opponents pay for it when our defense manages to get a turnover. We need to score more early, so our backs aren't against the wall later. They can eliminate the need for fourth quarter heroics by playing better early on.

Finally, it is easier on the defense. If they are on the field less, they are less tired. And if opponents fall behind, they become virtually one dimensional, needing to throw to score points. (Yeah, I know that doesn't mean we can stop the pass, but I can hope.)

Kase-1
12-15-2011, 11:03 AM
I wouldnt go out and proclaim that they're 'fixed', but our O-Line did play the game of their lives last week against a pretty pass rush happy D

We still have to face some tight D's in these next few games. The Skins and Jets have good pass D's..... Then again we have Eli, Prince Hakeem, Cruz, and Manningham

Mercury
12-15-2011, 12:47 PM
When do you call the Oline fixed then?

I'm just saying the offense can make it easier on our defense by playing better.

Kase-1
12-15-2011, 12:55 PM

I'm just saying the offense can make it easier on our defense by playing better.
Yo im 100% with you that our offense can make it easier on our D, long time consuming drives mean that our D is on the field for less time for them to misread the play, have communication issues on field, and blow coverage, LOL.

Like they said about Eli's brother (I forget the guys name, LOL) the best defense against him is keeping him off the field.... Our best defense is long time eating drives by our offense

Id consider our OL 'fixed' when they have a few games together under their belt, not just 1 good game

giantsfan420
12-15-2011, 01:03 PM

what?!?! the offense is making up for the defense 100%, u hear rolles latest interview? he said flat out the offense has been carrying the defense. 6 of our 7 wins were despite our defense and 5 of our 6 losses were because of the defense.

at this point, i'd stop asking the offense to make things easier for the defense bc the offense is playing at a sick level. the defense needs to be making things easier for the offense...offense has carried its load and the defenses, defene has got to step up

Mercury
12-15-2011, 02:10 PM

what?!?! the offense is making up for the defense 100%, u hear rolles latest interview? he said flat out the offense has been carrying the defense. 6 of our 7 wins were despite our defense and 5 of our 6 losses were because of the defense.

at this point, i'd stop asking the offense to make things easier for the defense bc the offense is playing at a sick level. the defense needs to be making things easier for the offense...offense has carried its load and the defenses, defense has got to step up

Sure, the offense is carrying the defense, but not the point I am making. I'm trying to say, that in a year where our defense is struggling consistently, our offense can make it easier still on our D. There is room for improvement. Long time consuming drives will give the D a rest. Scoring more points earlier, means we don't have to fight each week to come from behind.