PDA

View Full Version : Free agent cornerbacks available for Giants

wgsgiants
09-07-2012, 11:11 AM
I hope that Reese is looking to bring in a veteran cornerback on Monday. We need someone with experience to start other than Justin Tryon. I think Dominique Franks (Atlanta) and Drayton Florence (Denver) and Ashton Youboty (Jacksonville) or even Antwan Molden (Giants) are all available. I would look to release Petrus again and sign a veteran defensive back. Youboty and Molden both know Perry's Fewell's system. Franks has the most upside because he started for the Falcons in the playoffs last year. I know we need to sign someone. It is not a panic move but this roster is too talented to allow an inferior DB to cause you the game. Tryon made two really bad plays, one a 30 yard touchdown and another the last first down to end the game. If we had a veteran in that position he may have given up those plays but he may have tipped the ball away giving Eli another shot at the end of the game.

Go Giants !!!

Toadofsteel
09-07-2012, 11:15 AM
I wouldn't be averse to bringing in an FA corner just from looking at how thin the depth is...

shane4177
09-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Hear what you are saying BUT......I would rather trade for a more proven CB than pick up somebody's throw away player that couldn't make the final cut.

Toadofsteel
09-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Hear what you are saying BUT......I would rather trade for a more proven CB than pick up somebody's throw away player that couldn't make the final cut.

Who would you trade though? Or would you just cough up a draft pick?

ryan12
09-07-2012, 11:40 AM
freaking release tt he is done sign one of the above mentioned players. dont give up picks and see what happen when princess comes back

nycsportzfan
09-07-2012, 12:13 PM
At least bring up that Scott kid off the practice squad.. Whats the deal with Bruce Johnson? Did he get hurt? He had showed some solid promise the yr before last..

repeatchamps
09-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Whats the deal with Bruce Johnson? Did he get hurt? He had showed some solid promise the yr before last..

IR, shoulder injury.

Toadofsteel
09-07-2012, 12:30 PM
freaking release tt he is done sign one of the above mentioned players. dont give up picks and see what happen when princess comes back

We did cut him, iirc...

ShakeandBake
09-07-2012, 12:33 PM
At least bring up that Scott kid off the practice squad.. Whats the deal with Bruce Johnson? Did he get hurt? He had showed some solid promise the yr before last..

Isn't he a safety anyway?

CowboysSuck
09-07-2012, 12:50 PM
I NEVER advocate big trades or FA acquisitions, but i think it is warranted. Either at CB or OL (preferably CB). We need to have a better secondary or we are screwed.

shane4177
09-07-2012, 12:50 PM
No offense...but the Scott kid had 1 nice pick in preseason. For all we know we bring him in and he performs like Tryon....he has the same measureables anyhow.

CowboysSuck
09-07-2012, 12:51 PM
The Giants havent had a shutdown corner since Sehorn in his prime. FACT

Flip Empty
09-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Trade Eli for Tebow and Revis. Problem solved.

GMENAGAIN
09-07-2012, 12:55 PM
The FO is aware of all of the FA CB's out there. If they don't bring them in it's because they think that our guys are better . . . .

CowboysSuck
09-07-2012, 12:57 PM
we need a trade ^ (assuming Prince wont be back soon and even if he does come back, this is assuming he isnt any good)

GMENAGAIN
09-07-2012, 12:59 PM
we need a trade ^ (assuming Prince wont be back soon and even if he does come back, this is assuming he isnt any good)

So who are you you going to trade for what CB?

CowboysSuck
09-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Im not going to act like I have the slightest clue. I don't know. And Im sort of being dramatic.

But again, like I said, I only think we need a trade is Prince sucks, which probably isnt the case?

jomo
09-07-2012, 04:33 PM
So who are you you going to trade for what CB?Snee, he's the only OL who who would get us a quality CB in return.

Truth be told, our OL is in much much worse shape then our corners.
You can use gimmicks and schemes to hide problems in the secondary until we get healthier.
Plus we only have one hole in the secondary.
On the OL, we are not very good, most of the linemen are inferior and our depth is non-existent.
If a trade is possible in this day and age, let it be for an offensive lineman!

BParcells777
09-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Someone said we will bring Grant back next week when contracts do not have to be gauranteed.......I hope they do not cut Ojomo to place Grant

G-MENBK
09-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Trade Eli for Tebow and Revis. Problem solved.

http://i.imgur.com/yRR45.gif

JesseJames
09-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Someone said we will bring Grant back next week when contracts do not have to be gauranteed.......I hope they do not cut Ojomo to place Grant bringing back Grant may not be a bad idea since I saw players out of position wednesday night and Grant was always very good at getting guys lined up and making sure people knew the right coverages..

BlueMetal 40
09-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Tryon made two really bad plays, one a 30 yard touchdown and another the last first down to end the game. If we had a veteran in that position he may have given up those plays but he may have tipped the ball away giving Eli another shot at the end of the game.Go Giants !!!

On the 30 yard TD, wasn't Kenny Phillips late rolling his coverage over the top? I'm pretty sure Phillips is good, though. We've had these secondary problems last year as well, remember? My point is, our backend is not in as bad a shape as it seems. Prince healthy and Hosley getting more time will improve us, we won't need a trade... Have faith, GO GIANTS!!

JB456
09-07-2012, 08:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yRR45.gif

Hahahaha That was great.