PDA

View Full Version : I'll probably regret this, but

giantfan1976
09-07-2012, 11:48 AM
can it get worse than Coe and Tyron? Is Hosley healthy? He couldn't be worse than what we saw Wednesday night. If he's healthy I say NYG should go with him. Or, now that salaries aren't guaranteed, bring back Deon Grant and do the whole "three safeties" thing again. Not ideal but better than Wednesday.

craigjr007
09-07-2012, 12:03 PM
hosely is just a rookie...but might as well break him in, cant be worse than tryon the other night...can he??

njg85m
09-07-2012, 12:06 PM
I'd be fine with getting Grant back, problem is he going to be worth the money he will want?
I highly doubt he's going to get off the couch for the vet minimum which is all we can afford at this point, especially considering we gave him something like $4 mil last season.

Moke
09-07-2012, 12:07 PM
It's a scary issue to have that we have to depend on Hosley. Coe wasn't that bad, but Tryon was awful. Just take it this way - our whole secondary was awful, included Webster.

I have faith Fewell will figure this out

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm thinking we go more in the direction of will hill, rolle, phillip, webster and Hosley to me that is not a bad lineup.

fletch842
09-07-2012, 12:59 PM
hopefully Prince will be back for next week's game.

BlueSanta
09-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Coe was playing quite well prior to his injury.

bigblue58
09-07-2012, 01:39 PM
can it get worse than Coe and Tyron? Is Hosley healthy? He couldn't be worse than what we saw Wednesday night. If he's healthy I say NYG should go with him. Or, now that salaries aren't guaranteed, bring back Deon Grant and do the whole "three safeties" thing again. Not ideal but better than Wednesday.

Hosely is still trying to heal from his turf toe i think

bigblue58
09-07-2012, 01:41 PM

Amukamara wasn't exactly setting the world on fire BEFORE he got hurt, so I don't even know how much good he'll actually do when he gets back.

bigblue58
09-07-2012, 01:45 PM
I'm sick to death of this injury bug decimating a core group of guys EVERY friggin year!
Just Game 2 coming up and already the season looks bleak as the same problems that made us 7-7 last year have once again returned.
Sick to death of this team's inability to stay healthy.

Buddy333
09-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Prince was not playing that bad. I don't know why people at acting like he was having a bad pre season.

Buddy333
09-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Rookies do play. Get Hosely in there. I'd like to see them get Hill out there as well.

jax5338
09-07-2012, 02:37 PM
im all for putting hosley in there if these guys aren't healthy. i mean, he is a rookie but he made some plays in preseason and it cannot really be that much worse having him in there than it is tryon or coe. it's not like they were very experienced to begin with other than ST and neither are a top notch talent so i say why not let jayron show his stuff.

bklyn1028
09-07-2012, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=bigblue58;476795]Amukamara wasn't exactly setting the world on fire BEFORE he got hurt, so I don't even know how much good he'll actually do when he gets back.[/QUOTEI

I just said the same thing in another thread. I'm not sold on Amukamura. He hasn't impressed me or anything for that matter. He seems to be injured a lot. I tell you who impressed me was Hixon. I was one of the ones who wanted him gone and keep Douglas (who i still like), and I was wrong he played very well.

burier
09-07-2012, 05:00 PM
I think we're getting a little carried away with Hixon. Lets see him do it a few more times.

And look at the bright side. You guys can blame our shortcomings on injuries just like you did last season and just like you'll be able to do every season.

Tmurda1984
09-07-2012, 11:53 PM
People are getting carried away from Hosley. The fact remains that our starters need to play better. Webster was awful in that game as well. Anyone who thinks Webster is a shutdown corner does not watch Giant football.

slipknottin
09-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Hosley played quite a bit. Played well in the slot too. Its either play Hosley there or move Rolle back there, and put Hill on the field.

Though with Rolle's performance in the pass game, he might be better suited to the bench.

Buddy333
09-07-2012, 11:59 PM
I would like to see Hill on the field.

bearbryant
09-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Lets not forget who scored the pick 6 in preseason. So far he's shown the most. If he's the next man up, put him in. I thought fewell would go to some of our old 3 safety sets after the first half. I guess they have a problem ADJUSTING!!! Go Giants!

slipknottin
09-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Lets not forget who scored the pick 6 in preseason. So far he's shown the most. If he's the next man up, put him in. I thought fewell would go to some of our old 3 safety sets after the first half. I guess they have a problem ADJUSTING!!! Go Giants!

So far hes shown hes a very capable slot CB, which is where he played, and played well. I think moving him outside and no longer having a slot CB doesnt help anything out at all. Just adds new issues.

YATittle1962
09-08-2012, 12:37 AM

Prince has not even run yet

don't plan on seeing him for a few more weeks......possibly a month ....maybe more

syndesmotic ligaments do not heal quickly and get re aggravated quickly in someone whos job is to run

Captain Chaos
09-08-2012, 03:16 AM
I think Coe did all right, will have see who is healthy; good things we have 10 days between games. Hosley will have that toe issue all year, they can be nagging. The same for prince, I think he's out a few more weeks. TC and company will have to figure something out; Hill may be part of the answer.