PDA

View Full Version : We all hoped for a Giants big win over Dallas

bigjeep
09-07-2012, 12:08 PM
But, down deep, didn't we see this coming way back in the far side of our brains that this big thud of a down to earth re-entry splash to reality was over due? Like General Lee at Gettysburg, we thought we were invincible and who could blame us after that SB run last year. Unfortunetly the players believed it to and it showed. Could be the best thing that happened to us this year! One game and we are back to earth with that bullseye on our backs. Every team that plays us, and towards the end of the season for teams that are out of the running, playing the Giants will be their SB! So our players better get their heads out of their asses and wake up. Every team has their game with the Giants circled on the calendar!

Flip Empty
09-07-2012, 12:11 PM
I'm never surprised when the Giants lay an egg with like this. Never. It's just how they roll.

On to the next game.

Toadofsteel
09-07-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm never surprised when the Giants lay an egg with like this. Never. It's just how they roll.

On to the next game.

It's kinda sad, but I've learned to expect one or two of these each year. Hopefully it doesn't cost us a playoff spot like it did in 2010...

GameTime
09-07-2012, 12:16 PM
we have all seen the Gianst lose to teams they should never lose to. So playing a team like Dallas of course a loss is likely.
I am hardly ever 100% cinfident that they will win a game......

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 12:33 PM
we have all seen the Gianst lose to teams they should never lose to. So playing a team like Dallas of course a loss is likely.
I am hardly ever 100% cinfident that they will win a game...... Even when they play the Rams =)

BillTheGreek
09-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Lets face it, we all wanted to Win ! Now it's back to reality......... This is our old story, nothing comes easy to the Giants ! In games ,in play offs and the Super Bowls.............

GO GIANTS on to Victory

Captain Chaos
09-08-2012, 02:57 PM

On to the next game.

Now there is someone who has been watching the Giants for a while. Wake up call was definitely needed, hopefully that was it!

Buddy333
09-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Yeah they lay an egg here and their, but I think most fans are disappointed because the OL is just so bad and will not get any better this year unless by some chance switch guys around and maybe that makes them better. I don know, I think they are just going to be horrible all year. On top of that, the secondary is in a lot of trouble. I still think Prince is the real deal, but he may not be back for a few weeks and when he does come back he made need a week or so to catch up. I like what I've seen from Hosely and think he needs to play a lot more. Webster was absolutely brutal the other night. However, I remember last year he started bad too. Maybe he will get it together.

egyptian420
09-08-2012, 04:05 PM
I am hardly ever 100% cinfident that they will win a game......
Here, here......I can't even say I'm confident in beating the Bucs....I'm just going to hope for the best but expect the worst. I always have faith in us and I really do think we'll fix those issues and come out guns blazing next week, but like you said, not even close to 100% confident.

RoanokeFan
09-08-2012, 04:27 PM
The GIANTS tend to make every game an adventure. Blowing other teams out is almost unheard of. As the defending Super Bowl Champions the task is even harder and every opponent wants to be able to say they beat the reining champions. I think losing the first game, especially to Dallas, may serve as the kind of wake up call the teams needs to get back into the hunt.

NyNicks
09-08-2012, 04:54 PM
The giants under coughlin will never be a dominate team and im ok with that. Personally I learned to expect these things from this team. Do I wish they wouldve won, yeah but if your paying attention you know this team is resilient. Its what they thrive on. They need adversity, hopefully not too much.

egyptian420
09-08-2012, 05:42 PM
The giants under coughlin will never be a dominate team and im ok with that. Personally I learned to expect these things from this team. Do I wish they wouldve won, yeah but if your paying attention you know this team is resilient. Its what they thrive on. They need adversity, hopefully not too much.
If by "dominant team" you mean one that gets talked about all the time and everyone is predicting them to go to the SB, then you are correct.

If by dominant you mean a team that has what it takes to get to the SB and is in contention every year, then you are Dead wrong.

NyNicks
09-08-2012, 05:49 PM
If by "dominant team" you mean one that gets talked about all the time and everyone is predicting them to go to the SB, then you are correct.

If by dominant you mean a team that has what it takes to get to the SB and is in contention every year, then you are Dead wrong.

i must be right then, the giants just arent the sexy pick ever, but i do believe they have what it takes to get to the superbowl, it seems though they are always they're worst enemy

BParcells777
09-08-2012, 06:43 PM
We'll see if they wake up

A sign of good D is swarming to the ball..........why were Justin Tuck and Kiwi the only two guys trying to stop DeMarco Murray as he danced for what seemed like a lifetime
then shot down the sidline

That was the sign of a team that was mailing it in

Eli TO Shockey
09-08-2012, 06:47 PM

sigh...What about coughlin makes us "non-dominant"?

Rings baby rings! That is Dominance!

Eli TO Shockey
09-08-2012, 06:49 PM
We'll see if they wake up

A sign of good D is swarming to the ball..........why were Justin Tuck and Kiwi the only two guys trying to stop DeMarco Murray as he danced for what seemed like a lifetime
then shot down the sidline

That was the sign of a team that was mailing it in

that was ugly. Gotta give credit to murray on that run tho. I wasnt a believer in his ability before last week. To be fair, Dallas looks scary good.

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 06:55 PM
that was ugly. Gotta give credit to murray on that run tho. I wasnt a believer in his ability before last week. To be fair, Dallas looks scary good. Dallas looks good but far from scary we still almost tied the game after playing like s*** ...both teams looked like 8-8 teams granted it was the 1st game of the season and yes Dallas to me will be in contention with us for the NFC east crown...I am not sold on the Eagles cause Mike Vick isn't half the qb Eli and Romo are.

RoanokeFan
09-08-2012, 06:59 PM
I've always thought winning made you dominant

Eli TO Shockey
09-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Dallas looks good but far from scary we still almost tied the game after playing like s*** ...both teams looked like 8-8 teams granted it was the 1st game of the season and yes Dallas to me will be in contention with us for the NFC east crown...I am not sold on the Eagles cause Mike Vick isn't half the qb Eli and Romo are.

What really impressed me was how good their secondary was. If they cut down on their penalities they can take this division...

Eli TO Shockey
09-08-2012, 07:03 PM
I've always thought winning made you dominant

Superbowls arent good enough for some...but they're good enough for me! :cool:

G.I. Ants
09-08-2012, 07:11 PM
What really impressed me was how good their secondary was. If they cut down on their penalities they can take this division...Their secondary did play well. They were physical and aggressive plus the dropped passes and the fact that Nicks wasn't full speed factored into their success. I think that in the second game, big blue will get their revenge.

plc
09-08-2012, 07:46 PM
I read these messages and I have to laugh at how some have already written off the season.I for one have complete and total faith in Eli,TC,Reese and Tuck.Tomorrow we will hear how the jests are going to the playoffs,GB has the most explosive offense,eagles are the team to beat and how great a QB romeo is.Take heart all Big Blue will figure this out and wind off in the playoffs and then make a run at a repeat.You can bank on this.Our SB is in Feb. not in Sept.