PDA

View Full Version : Give Tryon a break....

BigBluePoint
09-07-2012, 01:23 PM
My god, you guys panic so fast and once a player makes a mistake or misplay, there is no forgiving or forgetting. I liked what Tryon did last year. He was thrown out to the lions (actually, the Cowboys) last game and was playing too conservatively. We've all be there, trying not to make the big mistake. Unfortunately for him, playing safe exposed him. He and us would have been much better served if he played right up on the receivers. Give the guy a break. I think he will be fine. He also seems to be an excellent coverage guy on punt teams. Relax. We will be fine with what we've got. Besides, what makes you think anyone or anything else out there at this time is going to be better?

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 01:27 PM
My god, you guys panic so fast and once a player makes a mistake or misplay, there is no forgiving or forgetting. I liked what Tryon did last year. He was thrown out to the lions (actually, the Cowboys) last game and was playing too conservatively. We've all be there, trying not to make the big mistake. Unfortunately for him, playing safe exposed him. He and us would have been much better served if he played right up on the receivers. Give the guy a break. I think he will be fine. He also seems to be an excellent coverage guy on punt teams. Relax. We will be fine with what we've got. Besides, what makes you think anyone or anything else out there at this time is going to be better?This guy got burned by Kevin Olgetree that's a joke and we will not be fine if he's playing cb we need Prince back and need to start Hosley no one is going to feel sorry for a guy getting paid a million dollars a year.

Flip Empty
09-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Criticism is warranted when you play like ****.

Toadofsteel
09-07-2012, 01:36 PM
People do need to realize that Tryon is our 5th CB. In an ideal world, he should never see the field.

timmytimm3
09-07-2012, 01:36 PM
THE SKY IS FALLING!!!! /red

sharick88
09-07-2012, 01:38 PM
My god, you guys panic so fast and once a player makes a mistake or misplay, there is no forgiving or forgetting. I liked what Tryon did last year. He was thrown out to the lions (actually, the Cowboys) last game and was playing too conservatively. We've all be there, trying not to make the big mistake. Unfortunately for him, playing safe exposed him. He and us would have been much better served if he played right up on the receivers. Give the guy a break. I think he will be fine. He also seems to be an excellent coverage guy on punt teams. Relax. We will be fine with what we've got. Besides, what makes you think anyone or anything else out there at this time is going to be better?

You should do stand up. Your thread title is hillarious

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-07-2012, 01:42 PM
He was getting fried by a 2nd or 3rd string reciever. Way too many mental errors, and game time is not when you are supposed to have all those mental errors. I do not understand the statement "He is not supposed to see the field" WTF,really? Isnt he on the 53 man roster? I didnt see his name on the Practice Team list! If you are one of the lucky guys suiting up for game time, then you better well be ready to SEE the field, cause you might have to actually PLAY on it.

Rudyy
09-07-2012, 02:15 PM
We are not "fine with what we got". I hope teams don't torch this secondary.Tyron is not good. I respect him for stepping up, but do not kid yourself.

Eli2Shockey4aTD
09-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Tryon was pretty decent last year. Could have worse 5th corners. I am sure Fewell is showing him the game tape.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-07-2012, 02:33 PM
..................No

Buddy333
09-07-2012, 02:53 PM
What did he do that was so great last year? He made one very nice tackle while he was injured. Not bashing him, I just don't know what he did last year that was so great.

Giantz4Life
09-07-2012, 03:42 PM
This guy got burned by Kevin Olgetree that's a joke .

Webby got juked and burned by the Tree as well. Just sayin'.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Webby got juked and burned by the Tree as well. Just sayin'. The thread is about Tryon I would get on Webster's case too, but when you got a 3rd and 12 and Tryon gives that up he gets no sympathy from me at least Webster has played well for this hence last years playoffs.

giantsfan420
09-07-2012, 03:48 PM
thats what i cant fathom. 3rd and 12, and the slant gets 13?!?! them throwing the slant shoulda been a favor to us. we shoulda tackled himm like after 8 yds...i have no idea how they arent ready for the slant. tryon was just awful flat awful. he does have better game than what he showed, but that was just awful

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 03:58 PM
thats what i cant fathom. 3rd and 12, and the slant gets 13?!?! them throwing the slant shoulda been a favor to us. we shoulda tackled himm like after 8 yds...i have no idea how they arent ready for the slant. tryon was just awful flat awful. he does have better game than what he showed, but that was just awful Yeah I don't get the Webby bashing either the guy is playing back there with a bunch of no names and he probably feels he has to over comphensate for the other corners short comings.

BlueSanta
09-07-2012, 04:58 PM
People on these boards have always been a bit too high on Tryon. He has not earned that respect though. He was effectively out of the league when we called him last year.

JB456
09-07-2012, 09:10 PM
We don't have to give Tyron a break, Dallas already broke him and our perception of him.

Slyde
09-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Let's see what happens next week against a mediocre offense.

SackingMyths
09-07-2012, 09:37 PM
He's godawful. But the guy was cut from the Skins, and the Colts secondaries so what'd we really expect?

And his inability to cover aside, when he botched Weatherford's perfect opportunity to down it at the 1 I lost it.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-07-2012, 10:18 PM
People on these boards have always been a bit too high on Tryon. He has not earned that respect though. He was effectively out of the league when we called him last year.what people??? like 2? Until the game the other night, I had heard his name here twice! TYRON IS GONE! Hopefully, anyways, he is a skidmark of a CB.

Captain Chaos
09-07-2012, 10:25 PM
10 other guys out on that field!

Tmurda1984
09-08-2012, 12:30 AM
This guy got burned by Kevin Olgetree that's a joke and we will not be fine if he's playing cb we need Prince back and need to start Hosley no one is going to feel sorry for a guy getting paid a million dollars a year.

So lets see...we are throwing all the blame on Coe and Tryon after seeing Webster burnt all night long. Webster gave up catches to every Cowboy receiver....Dez did him dirty, Olgetree made him look like a fool on the double move, and dont forget an injured Miles Austin caught all over Webster. The Cowboys rookie cornerback looked better than Webster. And I dont even see any criticism on Rolle's play...he was taking terrible angles to ball carriers. Too many of you fans pick and choose who you want to blame.

bearbryant
09-08-2012, 12:48 AM
My concern is that we let all of the Dallas WR's catch every slant that was thrown to them without even once playing that throw after getting repeatedly burned. They let them get 1st down after 1st down by the slant and then with the game on the line no one tells the CB to play the SLANT!!! I knew it was coming and so did most of you! What was Fewell doing... having a gatorade? Coaching was non existant just like the playing. Jeez, the coaches didn't even tell their guys to get physical with the boys. They let them play tough ball last night and not one of the coaches tol;d our guys to do what dallas was doing all over the field. They made us look like school girls!

titwio
09-08-2012, 12:48 AM
The only thing Tryon does well is play ST's....love him in that role. Watching him play corner is a WHOLE different story. There's a reason he was designated to the slot role on the Colts and then was waived. No way should he be out wide or in any starting role.

Lesson learned...get someone else out there if Prince can't go or it's not going to be pretty going forward.

slipknottin
09-08-2012, 12:54 AM
If the CB is playing cover 3 he CANT cover the slant. That is on either a safety or LB.

And of course on the TD catch to Austin everyone blames Tyron too, but in a cover 2, the safety HAS to help there. Rolle instead ran right off the field, nowhere near helping out.

Tmurda1984
09-08-2012, 12:56 AM
My concern is that we let all of the Dallas WR's catch every slant that was thrown to them without even once playing that throw after getting repeatedly burned. They let them get 1st down after 1st down by the slant and then with the game on the line no one tells the CB to play the SLANT!!! I knew it was coming and so did most of you! What was Fewell doing... having a gatorade? Coaching was non existant just like the playing. Jeez, the coaches didn't even tell their guys to get physical with the boys. They let them play tough ball last night and not one of the coaches tol;d our guys to do what dallas was doing all over the field. They made us look like school girls!

You want our corners to be physical to allow Dez Bryant to go one on one with Rolle? Webster doesnt have any recovering speed to get up in receivers faces. Our best defence against the slant pass is for our Defensive Line to get their hands up.

Tmurda1984
09-08-2012, 12:58 AM
If the CB is playing cover 3 he CANT cover the slant. That is on either a safety or LB.

And of course on the TD catch to Austin everyone blames Tyron too, but in a cover 2, the safety HAS to help there. Rolle instead ran right off the field, nowhere near helping out.

Thats too many technical terms for most of these fans to understand....and you will get flamed for criticizing Rolle (that's Jerry's boy).

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 12:59 AM
So lets see...we are throwing all the blame on Coe and Tryon after seeing Webster burnt all night long. Webster gave up catches to every Cowboy receiver....Dez did him dirty, Olgetree made him look like a fool on the double move, and dont forget an injured Miles Austin caught all over Webster. The Cowboys rookie cornerback looked better than Webster. And I dont even see any criticism on Rolle's play...he was taking terrible angles to ball carriers. Too many of you fans pick and choose who you want to blame.LOL you make it sound as if each Cowboy receiver had 100 yrds catching and Webster was covering them all that's a joke bro... I said Webster had a bad game but he also wasn't getting any help from safeties like Coe and TYRON were, if you think Tyron played ok last night you blind.

slipknottin
09-08-2012, 01:00 AM
You want our corners to be physical to allow Dez Bryant to go one on one with Rolle? Webster doesnt have any recovering speed to get up in receivers faces. Our best defence against the slant pass is for our Defensive Line to get their hands up.

Webster has plenty of recovery speed. He gets up in receivers faces and does fine. The guy allowed 3 catches all game despite being on an island while the giants rolling coverage over to Tyron/Coe.

And Im not saying webster played well, he can not bite on that double move in cover 3. The long Dez catch he lost leverage right off the snap.

But this "webster sucks" stuff is nonsense.

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 01:03 AM
that was a terrible angle by rolle on that td. only reason i can think of is rolle knew any points at the time would effectively mean a loss, and he tried making an INT before Romo even released the ball. Tryon timed his jump HORRIBLY tho, he was completely out of the frame when Austin caught it...like that was pathetic as was the slant coverage.
i dunno if i buy that cover 3 excuse bc 1, we dont know if that was the actual call. and 2, if u watch tryon as ogeltree makes the movement towards the slant, tryon gets completely frozen. usually that slant will go for 7, 8, maybe 10 yards. that what it was gaining them earlier. but 14 yds?! Yeah Rolle, again, didnt give much help...but the slant route isnt that tough a route to cover to the point ur frozen and 5 yds off the guy...just pathetic really. how they dont defend that slant is beyond me. situational football. u know romo and the cowboys werent risking a turnover, so that means theyre gonna want a low risk type throw...duh; slant. and u know they werent going deep bc the DL could have got home, duh; slant.

I would have preferred a cover 4 or a quarters look with the zones defending the first down marker. i woulda had them keep everything in front of them up to the first down marker...but eh...hindsight right...

slipknottin
09-08-2012, 01:10 AM
We do realize Tyron is like 5'8, right?

And you can see what call is made by watching film of the game.

The slant at the end of the game is absolutely cover 3. Both Web and Tyron are dropping deep, KP in the middle of the field, Rolle is playing down and immediately comes up at the snap to the robber position, where he HAS to play the slant. Tyron can NOT come up and play the slant in a cover 3. Absolutely 10000% can not.

If we want more specifics, I believe thats JWill who is lined up over Witten who blitzes, and Tuck drops back in coverage, but cant make up the distance.

Cover 4 would be far worse trying to defend a slant. Cover 4 means all four DBs drop deep and can not come up and challenge shorter routes such as a slant. Cover 3 is the correct call for a slant. The only other option for a slant is cover 1/cover2 with the CBs pressing the receivers. But Im not so sure that they want Tyron up there trying to play press, all the receiver would need to do in either of those situations is beat the press and they have an easy 10-15 yard gain.

Tmurda1984
09-08-2012, 01:13 AM
We should of sent a 3 man rush, but Fewell catches alot of heat for that stuff. I wouldnt of mind seeing a 3man rush on that 1st and 30. The 3 man rush does work and the Cowboys ran it at times on Eli Manning effectively.

YATittle1962
09-08-2012, 01:14 AM
on that final play Fewell called a zone blitz with J. Williams rushing and Tuck dropping

Tuck was responsible for the middle strong side zone

Witten and Ogletree were both open

Rolle was slightly out of position but had to make a choice between Ogletree and Witten because Tuck was not going to cover Witten on his own

and the result is Tryon looks bad but it was not completely his fault

slipknottin
09-08-2012, 01:17 AM
Rolle was slightly out of position but had to make a choice between Ogletree and Witten because Tuck was not going to cover Witten on his own

Either way, it was cover 3 and not Tyron's fault.

Not sure if Rolle could have got there to make the stop short, but he completely whiffs on the tackle too.

rainierjef
09-08-2012, 01:19 AM

The slant at the end of the game is absolutely cover 3. Both Web and Tyron are dropping deep, KP in the middle of the field, Rolle is playing down and immediately comes up at the snap to the robber position, where he HAS to play the slant. Tyron can NOT come up and play the slant in a cover 3. Absolutely 10000% can not.

If we want more specifics, I believe thats JWill who is lined up over Witten who blitzes, and Tuck drops back in coverage, but cant make up the distance.

Cover 4 would be far worse trying to defend a slant. Cover 4 means all four DBs drop deep and can not come up and challenge shorter routes such as a slant. Cover 3 is the correct call for a slant. The only other option for a slant is cover 1/cover2 with the CBs pressing the receivers. But Im not so sure that they want Tyron up there trying to play press, all the receiver would need to do in either of those situations is beat the press and they have an easy 10-15 yard gain.
why are you using logic to the blame game group?

YATittle1962
09-08-2012, 01:22 AM
Either way, it was cover 3 and not Tyron's fault.

Not sure if Rolle could have got there to make the stop short, but he completely whiffs on the tackle too.

completely whiffs is an understatement

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 01:22 AM

cover 4 or quarters would be fine vs the slant in that situation. the slant wasnt the issue, the first down was. if it was quarters i'd have the two corners and safeties align their zone according to the first down marker. u'd give up the slant, ur right in that. but i wouldnt care if they completed it, i just would defend the 1rst marker.

and if it is a cover 3 i guess ill take ur word for it. i havent analyzed that play aside from watching tryon.

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 01:23 AM
why are you using logic to the blame game group?Still when he catches the slant someone has to make that tackle before he gets the first down it's inexcusable.

slipknottin
09-08-2012, 01:24 AM
cover 4 or quarters would be fine vs the slant in that situation. the slant wasnt the issue, the first down was. if it was quarters i'd have the two corners and safeties align their zone according to the first down marker.

If you are playing cover 4, and you have everyone waiting at the first down marker, then why couldnt any dallas receiver just run right past the coverage and get an easy TD? Cover 4 means they have to remain the deepest players on the field, have to stay ahead of any receiver, they can not come up and play short routes.

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 01:25 AM
on that final play Fewell called a zone blitz with J. Williams rushing and Tuck dropping

Tuck was responsible for the middle strong side zone

Witten and Ogletree were both open

and the result is Tryon looks bad but it was not completely his fault
aha, i thought it didnt look like a cover 3...tuck does drop i see what ur saying...of course that completion isnt solely tryons fault, but he contributed to it largely. he got frozen on ogeltrees slant move...situational football tho so i can understand if tryon wasnt 100% ready, hes the 5th string corner, i doubt the coaches r going over that kinda stuff with him.

slipknottin
09-08-2012, 01:26 AM
of course that completion isnt solely tryons fault, but he contributed to it largely.

No, in that play call Tyron has no responsibility to cover the slant. His job was to get deep and stay ahead of any receiver to come on that side of the field. Not to challenge short routes. Olgeltree is NOT his man.

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 01:28 AM
If you are playing cover 4, and you have everyone waiting at the first down marker, then why couldnt any dallas receiver just run right past the coverage and get an easy TD? Cover 4 means they have to remain the deepest players on the field, have to stay ahead of any receiver, they can not come up and play short routes.

well to me, its situational football in that particular case. i wouldnt say quarters is great vs the slant normally. but u have to think that dallas isnt gonna want to risk any sort of turnover, and they needed 12. so u gotta think they want to utilize a low risk type pass that gives u a shot at the 1rst w/o having to depend on the OL to give romo enough time to hit some one running by the quarters zones...i mean u will typically see defenses give up the underneath stuff and defend the 1rst down marker...
i dunno, for me thats how i'd assess it. its a situational type defense. give up a check down or even the slant, bc u shuld be able to stop them before giving up a first

slipknottin
09-08-2012, 01:29 AM
well to me, its situational football in that particular case. i wouldnt say quarters is great vs the slant normally. but u have to think that dallas isnt gonna want to risk any sort of turnover, and they needed 12. so u gotta think they want to utilize a low risk type pass that gives u a shot at the 1rst w/o having to depend on the OL to give romo enough time to hit some one running by the quarters zones...i mean u will typically see defenses give up the underneath stuff and defend the 1rst down marker...
i dunno, for me thats how i'd assess it. its a situational type defense. give up a check down or even the slant, bc u shuld be able to stop them before giving up a first

Both Dez and Witten are going deep on that play. Its not risking a turnover to throw a wide open pass to a receiver in the endzone. Its far more risky trying to completely a slant against a cover 3.

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 01:31 AM
No, in that play call Tyron has no responsibility to cover the slant. His job was to get deep and stay ahead of any receiver to come on that side of the field. Not to challenge short routes. Olgeltree is NOT his man.

again. situational. tyron is lined up against ogeltree out wide. theres no ther wr in that area presnap. he has that 1 wr. technically i can concede u make a valid point. but again, its situational football. he could have still defended his zone while ensuring ogeltree cant get a 1rst there...and again, i dunno if ur even addressing the right defensive play call. i havent studied the team d, but i have studied tryon on that play, and he is keyed in on ogeltree as he initiates his slant, and gets frozen. if tryon is not in any way responsible for ogeltree, he doesnt get frozen and try to makeup ground...and even in cover 3's, the db does have responsibility on the wr lined up against him on quick routes and throws...

slipknottin
09-08-2012, 01:32 AM
again. situational. tyron is lined up against ogeltree out wide. theres no ther wr in that area presnap. he has that 1 wr. technically

Witten is lined up in the slot on that play. Witten runs a cover route, that is Tyron's job. He isnt frozen on the slant, he maintains his leverage by remaining the deepest player. That is his responsibility. Not coming up to play a slant in a zone that is not his responsbility.

In a cover 3 the players who are assigned to drop deep absolutely do NOT have any responsibility for slants or any sort of underneath routes. They MUST be the deepest players at all times. Once the ball is coming out, yes then they can break and close on the receiver. But they can not do so before the throw.

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 01:32 AM
Both Dez and Witten are going deep on that play. Its not risking a turnover to throw a wide open pass to a receiver in the endzone. Its far more risky trying to completely a slant against a cover 3.

well thats ur opinion. mine is different. i think last year weighed in on their decision that 3rd down play. u or i cant prove it one way or the other, but i believe the plan was to make a low risk type pass, and not risk a downfield throw that requires waiting on the wr's to get deep.

who cares anyways its completely hypothetical lol

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 01:33 AM
Witten is lined up in the slot on that play. Witten runs a cover route, that is Tyron's job. He isnt frozen on the slant, he maintains his leverage by remaining the deepest player. That is his responsibility. Not coming up to play a slant in a zone that is not his responsbility.
u need to rewatch that play then and focus on tryon bc he absolutely 100% gets frozen on the slant cut, and tries to make up ground instantaneously

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 01:34 AM
Still when he catches the slant someone has to make that tackle before he gets the first down it's inexcusable.

lmfao...wow. does that guy ever add anything related to football without making condescending remarks..."blame game"...lmfao

slipknottin
09-08-2012, 01:35 AM
well thats ur opinion. mine is different. i think last year weighed in on their decision that 3rd down play. u or i cant prove it one way or the other, but i believe the plan was to make a low risk type pass, and not risk a downfield throw that requires waiting on the wr's to get deep.

who cares anyways its completely hypothetical lol

Its not my opinion, I can see them go deep on the game film.

slipknottin
09-08-2012, 01:37 AM
u need to rewatch that play then and focus on tryon bc he absolutely 100% gets frozen on the slant cut, and tries to make up ground instantaneously

Ive watched it from multiple angles. He plays it correctly. He has to bail deep and keep outside leverage. You can not do those things and play a slant, its impossible. He freezes because when Olgeltree runs across he is looking for other receivers (witten) who could threaten his zone, but the ball comes out so he comes up to make the tackle.

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 01:39 AM
Its not my opinion, I can see them go deep on the game film.

ok. well then its not my opinion, i saw romo throw it to ogeltree on the slant...besides, whats ur point again exactly? that quarters or a cover 4 look doesnt defend the deep pass? bc it still does, even if ur aligning the zones to the 1rst down marker. and ogeltree wasnt near dez or the other wr u r saing went deep...its all hypothetical anyways. over it. its what i would have done, but who cares im not a coach or anything more than a fan so if u wanna feel im wrong, fine by me

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 01:39 AM
here's the film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCzThprCRD4&feature=related it's at 3:47

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 01:42 AM
yeah im sorry slip, u were off on ur analysis of tryon. witten is never his responsibility. it wasnt a cover 3 look at all, at least a cover 3 look i've ever seen(edt-coulda been a cover 3 concept i guess). and tryon absolutely got frozen, badly. thanks for the link elicruz i knew i wasnt misremebering that badly

YATittle1962
09-08-2012, 01:44 AM
ok. well then its not my opinion, i saw romo throw it to ogeltree on the slant...besides, whats ur point again exactly? that quarters or a cover 4 look doesnt defend the deep pass? bc it still does, even if ur aligning the zones to the 1rst down marker. and ogeltree wasnt near dez or the other wr u r saing went deep...its all hypothetical anyways. over it. its what i would have done, but who cares im not a coach or anything more than a fan so if u wanna feel im wrong, fine by me

it is not hypothetical

Witten was hitting the seam and pulling the zones with him ...... he was Tryons responsibility in a cover 3

the slant is not in Tryons zone in that look

on that particular zone look it would be Rolle and or Tuck strangely enough

in my opinion Tuck should be rushing the passer on such an important down

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 01:45 AM
but i do see how rolle ends up having to make a tough decision. hes stuck having to decide to undercut the slant/ogeltree bc it does look like he has that responsibility but he sees witten and gets stuck...but still, no way tryon should give up 14 on a slant when his responsibility at that specific moment was ogeltree bc no other wr was anywhere near his zone responsibility...

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 01:46 AM
yeah im sorry slip, u were off on ur analysis of tryon. witten is never his responsibility. it wasnt a cover 3 look at all, at least a cover 3 look i've ever seen(edt-coulda been a cover 3 concept i guess). and tryon absolutely got frozen, badly. thanks for the link elicruz i knew i wasnt misremebering that badlynp just by I enjoy listening to you guys talk about defense it's my favorite part of the game only I i admit don't know as much as you guys.

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 01:47 AM
it is not hypothetical

Witten was hitting the seam and pulling the zones with him ...... he was Tryons responsibility in a cover 3

the slant is not in Tryons zone in that look

on that particular zone look it would be Rolle and or Tuck strangely enough

in my opinion Tuck should be rushing the passer on such an important down

see thats the thing. i dont know if thats a cover 3 look. u have some one blitzing off the edge, u have kiwi trying to drop off into some zone, and tuck dropping back as u said. it could be a cover 3 concept, but again, its my understanding that the db is responsible for any target in his zone...no one else is challenging his zone. i guess technically it isnt solely tryons responsibility, but again, i think a more experienced player realizes the situation and makes a play regardless of him having to drop off...i dunno.

edit- and YA. the hypothetical part was about me and slips discussion on my thought that running a quarters look defending the 1rst down marker would have been the better defense bc of the situation../

YATittle1962
09-08-2012, 01:49 AM
but i do see how rolle ends up having to make a tough decision. hes stuck having to decide to undercut the slant/ogeltree bc it does look like he has that responsibility but he sees witten and gets stuck...but still, no way tryon should give up 14 on a slant when his responsibility at that specific moment was ogeltree bc no other wr was anywhere near his zone responsibility...

in that look Tryon does not have a man responsibility

if Ogletree ran a 9 ,4, 3, or 6 he would have been Tryons responsibility

he ran a 2......that is not the corners responsibility in a cover 3 look....which they were in

not a conventional cover 3....but indeed a cover 3 zone blitz

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 01:50 AM
i concede that tryon was dropping off into a shell/zone, and that the slant wasnt hs responsibility 100% bc the safety (rolle) looks like he is supposed to play his zone underneath tryons zone...but at the same time, tryon doesnt have anyone else challenging his responsibility at all, and when ogeltree makes his move, it froze him. he didnt have to get frozen on that bc if he doesnt and just attacks at that moment, he's tackled before the 1rst

a quality corner/experienced corner i think plays it differently

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 01:52 AM
np just by I enjoy listening to you guys talk about defense it's my favorite part of the game only I i admit don't know as much as you guys.

well u come off as knowledgable to me...but if u wanna dig deeper into defenses and stuff like that, slip, YA, gmen0820, gmen46 among others r the people to talk defense with

YATittle1962
09-08-2012, 01:54 AM
i concede that tryon was dropping off into a shell/zone, and that the slant wasnt hs responsibility 100% bc the safety (rolle) looks like he is supposed to play his zone underneath tryons zone...but at the same time, tryon doesnt have anyone else challenging his responsibility at all, and when ogeltree makes his move, it froze him. he didnt have to get frozen on that bc if he doesnt and just attacks at that moment, he's tackled before the 1rst

a quality corner/experienced corner i think plays it differently

it doesn't matter if he has no one threatening his responsibility......eventhough Witten was entering his zone

he has to remain discipline and stay in his zone

wacth Boley on that play....noone comes into his zone so he just stands there alone.....and kept his responsibility

thats his job

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 01:56 AM
it doesn't matter if he has no one threatening his responsibility......eventhough Witten was entering his zone

he has to remain discipline and stay in his zone

wacth Boley on that play....noone comes into his zone so he just stands there alone.....and kept his responsibility

thats his job
i wanna make sure i didnt see it wrong, but i dont think witten comes anywhere near tryons zone. he runs a seam hot route, never was close to tryon. 3:47 of elicruz link shows that play. unless my eyes are playing tricks, witten, again, never comes close to challengng tryons responsibility

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 01:58 AM
and again, i dunno. i think a seasoned vet mirrors the wr closer while dropping off into his zone. ogeltree is tryons responsibility on a quick screen type play or out, so I at least feel that a quick slant that stems from tryons zone as he's dropping back...eh i give up. i get what ur saying and i agree i guess i just wish he coulda made a game saving type play and trying to find reasons why he didnt...im out. night

YATittle1962
09-08-2012, 01:59 AM
i wanna make sure i didnt see it wrong, but i dont think witten comes anywhere near tryons zone. he runs a seam hot route, never was close to tryon. 3:47 of elicruz link shows that play. unless my eyes are playing tricks, witten, again, never comes close to challengng tryons responsibility

Witten is running a deep seam which is Tryons responsibility in a cover 3

they dont come very close to each other because the ball is caught by Ogletree before Witten breaks through the second level

it sounds like you are thinking in terms of man coverage

they do not have to be near each other for Witten to be Tryons responsibility until he enters the level of his zone....which never happened

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 02:00 AM
well u come off as knowledgable to me...but if u wanna dig deeper into defenses and stuff like that, slip, YA, gmen0820, gmen46 among others r the people to talk defense with Cool will do.Now I know who understands the little nuances of the game.

lawrenceS59
09-08-2012, 02:29 AM
It looks like Ogletree was Antrel Rolles responsibility. Looks like the only responsibility Tryon had on that play was to force Ogletree inside and defend the deep zone.....which he did. Rolle missed the tackle and Tryon saw the catch so he went and made the tackle.