PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody else get mad?

Easy E.
09-07-2012, 01:08 PM
When we are in need of a crucial stop or some type of big defensive play late in a game and the TV shows Tuck on the sideline? Don't get me wrong - I understand that these guys get exhausted and need a series off, but when it's coming down to the end of the game, I just get frustrated when I see one of them on the sidelines on TV.

Again, before I get ripped, I understand the reasoning, I'm just saying it frustrates the hell out of me when I see it. And usually it is Tuck.

BigBluePoint
09-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Yes, I don't understand either, unless he is really hurt more than we know.

bigblue58
09-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Give me a half hour and I'll list all the things that the Giants do to make me mad!
Anger and frustration just goes with the territory of being a Giants fan, because they have never made it easy man, not in the 40 + years I've been a fan!
I can't tell you how many snack trays and remotes I've destroyed over the years, but I destroyed them watching the Giants.

Moke
09-07-2012, 02:16 PM
To be honest, just a little. One more play to try and get the stop isn't that big of a deal. Get it done and you'll be on the sideline when Eli and co. get on the field.

But then again, with our O-line, the defense will end up back on the field right away anyway.

egyptian420
09-07-2012, 02:21 PM
As much as it bothers you, it must happen. Every team does it...there were crucial 3rd down plays when D-Ware was on the sideline too.

Buddy333
09-07-2012, 02:26 PM
I am a huge Tuck fan. I don't mind him being on the sideline for a play, but the look he gave the other night said they where losing he game. He looked like the clock had just hit 0 and the game was over when it was far from over. Maybe he just knew the secondary was so bad there was nothing he or anyone the rest of the DL could do to win.

Gimaniac
09-07-2012, 02:29 PM
I have no problem with Tuck taking a blow. We have enough talent at DE to rotate and keep fresh bodies out on the field. Especially when the offense cannot stay on the field.

Morehead State
09-07-2012, 02:36 PM
As much as it bothers you, it must happen. Every team does it...there were crucial 3rd down plays when D-Ware was on the sideline too.
And I was as happy as punch when I saw that. I'm sure the Dallas fans were equally happy to see Tuck on the sidelines.

burier
09-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Take a blow????

Michael Strahan woould "blow" through a triple team and get a stop. Justice tuck stands on the sideline chewing his mouth piece. He enrages me.

CowboysSuck
09-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Tuck is overrated. But beside that, It was probably the coaches rotation.

TheAnalyst
09-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Tuck wasnt getting anything done on the line on Wednesday. He knew it. I saw that shot too, and I was upset. The captain of the D should not be resting as much as he does. I think he is just not in full game shape yet. Preseason they never play a whole game. He just wore down, especially with our offense not being able to stay on the field.

BigBlue1971
09-07-2012, 07:37 PM
i'll tell you what made me mad.....when the boys center went out in the 1st qtr we thought the d-line could take advantage of that but they didnt!

i thought they would blow past that guy all game long. they did nothing with the replacement center, Romo or Ogletree!

giant-4-life
09-07-2012, 07:58 PM
I don't think we are mentally prepared for the game. otherwise, we would have had the mental advantage.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 08:03 PM
I agree that shot of Tuck pissed me the f*** off your the f****** captain of this team.... don't mind him taking a play off but be on the sideline pumping guys up instead of looking for pity. It really made me mad seeing him like that.

CowboysSuck
09-08-2012, 01:18 PM
I agree that shot of Tuck pissed me the f*** off your the f****** captain of this team.... don't mind him taking a play off but be on the sideline pumping guys up instead of looking for pity. It really made me mad seeing him like that.

Tuck is like Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde.....to me anyway.

He plays lights out a couple games, and some games he just doesn't show up. Hes inconsistent at best. So annoying.

RoanokeFan
09-08-2012, 01:39 PM
When we are in need of a crucial stop or some type of big defensive play late in a game and the TV shows Tuck on the sideline? Don't get me wrong - I understand that these guys get exhausted and need a series off, but when it's coming down to the end of the game, I just get frustrated when I see one of them on the sidelines on TV.

Again, before I get ripped, I understand the reasoning, I'm just saying it frustrates the hell out of me when I see it. And usually it is Tuck.

Do you know whether he was "pulled" or whether he took himself out for a breather? It was very humid and those guys were gassed as you indicated. If he took himself out of the game, which is likely, there's nothing more to be said. We rotate players to prevent them from dehydrating in that kind of weather.

RoanokeFan
09-08-2012, 01:42 PM

How many seconds was the camera on Tuck?

Tmurda1984
09-08-2012, 01:48 PM
How come when I make a thread like this last year I get flamed for it. I agree I am always frustrated when Tuck is on one knee with his hands on his hips on the sidelines in the game's most crucial moments. I talked about this and complained about his sore neck. Tuck finally admitted that he was feeling sorry for himself last year...and I do understand its tough when you lose a loved one ( I also loss my mom a little over a year now.). I dont know what it is but Im always getting flamed for threads like this...is it my delivery or something? Is it too honest?

B-Red22
09-08-2012, 01:51 PM

it made me mad last game when they showed Tuck period, cause he didn't do $hit

BuffyBlueII
09-08-2012, 01:56 PM
It is frustrating and gets me mad too but maybe it was just the rotation. However, it does seem that the camera usually finds Justin Tuck in that situation looking gassed or chewing on his mouthpiece.

The problem here is that we all want them on the D-line to have the same intensity and fire they did at the end of last season and they don’t I am really hoping that this loss is a wake up call for them because the words in the pre season from Eli’s mouth couldn’t be more true when he stated “we need to improve because 9-7 is just not going to be good enough this year. We need to play much better during the regular season."

I really hope that the turn we saw Justin Tuck take at the end of last season after Coach Coughlin had the talk with him and he became the defensive captain we need is a permanent one. We need Justin Tuck to set the example and be “all in” the entire season. I also hope that we see Osi Umenyora with an atitude of being "all in” not one that decides to play and be all in when it suits him and he decides to do so.

I understand that he takes a lot of criticism and has a good deal of gaffes as well as being overpaid. However the one thing that has always been good and impressive about Antrell Rolle is that he is committed and brings every play, game in and game out. The guy always tries and I love that. I also love that it seems the change for him from last season when he started to control and be positive with the things that come out of his mouth seems to be a permanent one.

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 02:02 PM
How many seconds was the camera on Tuck? In the 3rd quarter they showed him by himself on the sidelines near NO ONE how could he be pumping people up sitting by himself with his freaking head in his hands spare me with the pity s***.You're the captain people look up to you I know you losing and it sucks but show some passion. Just cause we won 2 SBs with the guy does not mean he can't be criticized.

NorwoodBlue
09-08-2012, 02:04 PM
YA, it seems strange to see Tuck resting during a make or break series; but it's early in the season, and none of these guys are really in good game shape yet. Either he, or the coaches had to feel he was too tired to be effective. This isn't peewee football where everybody gets X minutes per game. He should have been out there unless he knew he was't going to be effective.

Marvelousmik
09-08-2012, 02:30 PM

if ur tired and cant give it 100 % then you need to be out the sidelines. I understand how you feel but you got to remember that these guys are human beings. they get tired. if you're at a point where u can only give it 50 percent then you should rest up.

Captain Chaos
09-08-2012, 02:39 PM
I don't get mad, if they need a break they need a break. It's a long season...

Rat_bastich
09-08-2012, 05:59 PM
if ur tired and cant give it 100 % then you need to be out the sidelines. I understand how you feel but you got to remember that these guys are human beings. they get tired. if you're at a point where u can only give it 50 percent then you should rest up.

^^^ I would rather have a Tuck that can give 100% on the field. If he can't then he needs to be on the sidelines and someone a bit fresher on the field. You don't run your horses to death in a horse race, instead you have a stable of horses for different races.

RoanokeFan
09-08-2012, 06:01 PM
In the 3rd quarter they showed him by himself on the sidelines near NO ONE how could he be pumping people up sitting by himself with his freaking head in his hands spare me with the pity s***.You're the captain people look up to you I know you losing and it sucks but show some passion. Just cause we won 2 SBs with the guy does not mean he can't be criticized.

How long has he been on the field?

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 06:08 PM
How long has he been on the field? That's the point I don't really care how long he was on the field if your not being a leader by performing well then be on the sideline encouraging other players.... their was still the whole second half left to play..just cause your high on Tuck leadership qualities doesn't me I have to be. Do you think Strahan would have been making the "poor me" faces and not be telling these guys this is still a winnable game? Idk that's just me, it just looked like he flat gave up and when your world champs that is not acceptable.

NyNicks
09-08-2012, 06:28 PM
this team is very conservative, sometimes to a fault. Unless you got coughlins twitter this point is moot lol. Hey we won 2 superbowls under this regime so i'll let that marinate

r1000
09-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Tuck is overrated..

It pains me to say this... But I'm starting really think this...

G.I. Ants
09-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Tuck is NOT overrated. So he had a bad game. Nobody is lights out every game. I did laugh to myself when they kept showing him on the sideline through that critical drive, as if the producers were trying to agitate us fans.